your favorite endurance car

  • Thread starter Thread starter skyline speed
  • 46 comments
  • 2,399 views
Messages
246
This thread is just to tell others wich of the gt4 cars you most often use in enduros,wich might help other people that need help finding a good car for a race.my favorite car is probably the audi r8 because of good speed,handling,and great tire wear.
 
if you want good tire life and speed go with the playstation pescarolo (04), but if you get it raise the ride height to 80, 80 to improve the tire life and cut back the understeer, its also a good car for doing all te 24h events
 
so far I've done the 2 hours of Laguna Seca with the Pescarolo, I like it very much :D
 
Mmm.. well I dont have a pescy yet Ill have to buy one,since ive heard alot of good reveiws about them.
 
I think I used a 787b(black)for the leguna seca enduro,worked pretty well. :)
 
its probably the best enduro car since if you put the stage 4 turbo it can beat anything (except a formula gran turismo!) and still have a great tire life :)
 
skyline speed
I think I used a 787b(black)for the leguna seca enduro,worked pretty well. :)
Wait... Laguna Seca enduro??? The most competition you get is a Ford GT??? 👎
 
skyline speed
lol I didnt have the patience so i just did it fast with a 787b.

fast in this endurance doesnt really count... Well you need to be fast enough to be in front but still its not with a fast car that you will finish faster, 2 hours stay 2 hours :)

I done it with the Pescarolo, its a really fast car too, it was because I bought the car and wanted to test it... :)
 
Well I did it in b spec and I didnt want to worry about getting in a lower position and have to aspec the rest,I wanted just to watch the pits and tv shows without worrying.
 
The Pescarolo is a great endurance car, but my vote goes to the F1 car, since there's no engine wear, no chassis wear, and can beat most other cars easily. And you don't have to buy it. 💡
 
Anything that nets me high a-spec points and can still win the race gets my vote.

Example: 300hp touring cars taking on the 500hp touring cars at Tokyo R249 :)
 
Without a doubt all the Datsuns......
1600, 1600 SSS rally car and 240ZG are my ultimate favs.
 
How many enduros are those really usefull in?
I like the Ginetta I did the 1000 miles in. Cars with laser-precise handling can get boring when racing for that long, the G4 is squirrly enough to keep me interested.
 
I did NewYork's enduro with my trusty BMW M3 ... 3 times so far and i loved it every single times. I did almost all the enduro so far (kept a few for later) but so far, the M3 is one of the cars i love most. I might try New York agian, with a M5 now :D

oh yeah.... hmmmm M5....
 
I would have to give it to my Chaparal 2J (winner: cicuit Le Mans 24 hours A and B spec) or my Minolta (winner: everything, b-spec)
 
No particular favourites, 10 enduros, 10 different cars! What's the point of having 700-odd cars if you're going to keep using the same one over & over?!!!!

Loved the EC200 in a stock Supra RZ.
Nurb 4hr a ton of fun in stock S2000.
8hr Motegi in the Shuichi Shigeno Sprinter Trueno.
Could go on....nah, there's a link in my signature to the races, rides and results.
Go ahead and click that instead! ;)

The only one I've done twice is Infineon, and only because PS2 froze right after the race results & before I got chance to save! :( Used the Toyota 7 there both times! :grumpy:
 
The Yota Minolta for now. That's my 'enduro' car, but if it's indeed true that the F1 can't get engine or chassis wear, i'll just use that after racking up a several more thousand miles on the Minolta.
 
Smallhorses is right about the 'ring.... i did it in my trusty yellow S2000 with rear spoiler... god i love that car.. actually thinking of getting one IRL.. ;)

oh yeah
 
RedOak
Smallhorses is right about the 'ring.... i did it in my trusty yellow S2000 with rear spoiler... god i love that car.. actually thinking of getting one IRL.. ;)

oh yeah

sorry to be off-topic, but coooool redOak didnt know you were from Montreal :)
 
hahah awesome... indeed, go habs go! ;)
 
The Spoon Fit racecar! wooooooooooooooooo! that thing is sweet.
 
Well, I don't have a 'favourite' undurance car yet. I don't think you can actually have 1 favourite car, simply because you don't use the uber-cars in every single endurance race.

It's a shame people use F1 cars or Le Mans cars in endurance races like the Nurburgring 4 and 24 hours. In my eyes that's just lack of skill, do you really feel better when you win with 20 laps more than the opponents? It's not going faster in B-spec if you use a faster car. It's just like having aimbot/wallhack and stuff like that in Counterstrike or a similar game. You have a secure win, you already know that you can't lose unless you're a very bad driver.
Anyway, It's a 'different' story when you use overkill cars in races like the Suzuka 1000km race. I still don't agree with using a car like that just like the xx hour endurance races, since the opposition is using JGTC cars, but using overkill cars in races like that is not always lack of skill, people can be unpatient as well.

Anyway, I haven't done any of the endurance races yet, but if I start with it I'll always look for the 'perfect' cars, in other words cars in which you can win with the smallest gap. I would have a great day when I do the Nurburgring 24 hour race and in the end I win with less than a minute in front of the other car. Example of such a race: In Gran Turismo 3 I did the Rome endurance race with the Spoon Civic and in the end I won it with less than 30 seconds in front of the much faster TVR Griffith. THAT is a real race, I had to push every single second of the race.
 
Another vote for the R8

But i also like using the Black TS020 just cos it looks funny riding it around
 
Ram-Rod
Minolta, by far. :)

- Ram :D
Iea I love the minolta to ,but it has to much power and bad tire wear. If I could reduce hp a little ,I would use it alot more.

Does anyone think that a tommykaira ZZII would be good for nurb 24h?
 
Benz 190 Evo - The street version.

Have done Laguna Seca 200 (151 A-Spec) and the Nurb 4 hour so far. For the 24 hour Nurb, I'll use my 190 Evo DTM version... Both 190s are insanely stable and you can push them very very hard. The street version has a tendency to push the front wheels ever so slightly though - haven't been able to solve it completely. The DTM version just goes and goes no matter how hard you push it...
 
Back