your favorite endurance car

  • Thread starter Thread starter skyline speed
  • 46 comments
  • 2,399 views
I happended to be doing the nurb 24 hour with my r8 right now.Next time Ill aspec it with a harder car 💡.
 
anything that gives 100+ A-Spec points ...and im trying for stock cars that give 200 A-Spec points for a big challenge...ive done a couple so far and im now working on the motegi 8hr.

if u just want to win, any of the LMP's or the FGT will work with most
 
MY Top THREE

1. Mazda 787B
2. Nissan R92CP
3. Toyota GT-ONE
 
My fully modified Lotus Elan S1 is proving a fast endurance competitor that has vice free handling allowing a driver to string lots of consistent laps together without effort. It also has good fuel consumption and excellent tyre wear. Plus, it gives good a-spec points if that's your thing (I find them to be such an unreliable guide to how difficult a race will be that they are practically meaningless).
 
skyline speed
Iea I love the minolta to ,but it has to much power and bad tire wear. If I could reduce hp a little ,I would use it alot more.

Does anyone think that a tommykaira ZZII would be good for nurb 24h?
I don't think the Minolta has bad tire wear. Just use R1's all around, and you'll be fine...
 
My favorite enduro car has got to be the FTO (LM?)

Handles & accelerates like a champ. Who needs pit stragedy when you're a gazillion laps up? :crazy:
 
I just won the nurb 24h:cheers:and I got the formula gt(blue).So now Im thinking of racing it in the fuji 1000km.
 
Hello skyline, congratulations on the 24hr. Did u use the r8 as in earlier mention.?
Good luck in Fuji.
Think I might try short-ish endurance tonight. Laguna Seca for the gt40 as the car is an icon. I hope I kept to etiquette (I am new)
 
Yea I used the r8 ,I b speced it all the way through though.It was pretty cool to watch for some of the time,the only downside is the miles on my r8 :indiff:.In the laguna seca I dont remember wot I used,I dont think it was my 787b.I used that for another race,the infineon 1000km I think it was.
 
Skyline Speed, are yuu doing enduros mainly for % completion or ,e.g. Fuji for the mean R92 prizecar?
I soooooo badly want the sauber it hurts.Tonight will try for Gt 40.
When I first got GT4 ,early tipsters noted that the minolta was G.v. speedway prizecar. I thought they were joking when ,after a long race I got the Autounion Straemline!!!!
Thanks for chat ,
chain smoker
 
skyline speed
I just won the nurb 24h:cheers:and I got the formula gt(blue).So now Im thinking of racing it in the fuji 1000km.

:/ Why? Unpatient? Secure win? You have an Audi R8, why not putting a chassis refresher on it (to make it 'as good as new') and race it on Fuji? Although that will be a piece of cake as well, it's definately more entertaining than using the Formula 1 car.
 
JFM92_GTRacer
Wait... Laguna Seca enduro??? The most competition you get is a Ford GT??? 👎
yeah - how could you not have gone well in a 787b:nervous:
 
I actually like racing the Zonda LM race car with no power mods. Makes for a nice A-spec count and can compete with most 1000hp+ LMP cars. Gets a bit hairy with beat up tires though as the MR and moderate downforce really make it swing. Lots of fun. Did Fuji, El Capitan, Suzuka, and Leguna seca with it. Fuji was the only one that was a challenge though (no cheating on the chicane) with some heavy hitting 1100HP cars in the field and the Zonda at 660ish HP. Late pitting helped alot.

The NSX race car is fun too and a little less power. I did Suzuka with that as well.

For big HP cars I like the Pescarolo C60 alot and the black R92C. Very stable cars that are good on the tires. Most enduros though I find don't need that power as the AI does not drive that well and pits too much.
 
For all the JGTC/Touring Car enduros: The BMW M3 GTR Race Car

For all the LMP/Group C enduros: The Sauber Mercedes C9

I don't have the patience for the sports tire enduros, so I simply B-Spec'd the El Capitan and NYC enduros with my Buick Special and Honda NSX-R LM Road Car and the Tsukuba 9hr and Nurb 4hr with the ZZII.
 
I like the green Audi, myself. ;)
 
Back