Your favourite 1M credit VGT cars?

• Thread starter CustomX
  • 40 comments
Germany
Germany
Trying to prioritise the mop up purchases of the remaining cars that I don't own. Basically its all the mega $ ones (except the 330 which I bought), and a whole lot of $1M VGT vehicles.

Which VGT's should I be prioritising? Name your faves!

Trying to prioritise the mop up purchases of the remaining cars that I don't own. Basically its all the mega $ ones (except the 330 which I bought), and a whole lot of $1M VGT vehicles.

Which VGT's should I be prioritising? Name your faves!
I've bought several VGT cars, also won some in the daily roulette, I drove quite a few of them but not one of them was interesting enough to me to go for a second ride. I came to the conclusion that these VGT cars are really not my thing, now would I be able to sell all gift/price cars these would be the first to go.

I personally only buy the VGTs that have a sizable amount of color options, because in that case, getting the color I'd actually want within the daily workout reward is virtually improbable. (E.g. the VGTs for Honda or Nissan) But if there's only one color available, or if there's only like three options and they all look pretty good, then I'll just wait until I get it in the spinner. (On an side note, the Mini VGT looks so much better in Chili Red over its "default" color. That pre-selected coloration is absolutely disgusting to look at.)

In my opinion...

McLaren VGT is fast and smooth handling. As is the Mazda LM55. Both are good for the Professional GT League events.

Fittipaldi is a proper VGT race car and good for the Amateur GT League events.

Zagato, BMW, VW are good mid range VGTs.

Mercedes was the first VGT and is still a reasonable choice but surpassed by others now.

These are poor handling in my opinion - Alpine (both), Nissan 2020, Chaparral, Honda and Infiniti.

Mini is steady but slow and heavy. Good for user liveries though.

The only VGT I've bought is the uber-powerful Tomahawk X, just to rubberband it for the King of Ovals trophy. I've won a bunch of other VGT cars, and one I personally like quite a lot is the FT-1 (the racing one, not the stock show car).

The Infiniti VGT was one of the best-handling cars of Gran Turismo 6, but for some reason it's completely butchered beyond all hell for this game. I wonder why that is; it's a terrible shame...

Otherwise, my favorites would be the Mazda LM55 for being futuristic but realistic, the Chaparral 2X for being out-of-this-world in terms of design, the Hyundai N 2025 for its cool design, and the SRT Tomahawk X for breaking the Gran Turismo maximum speed limit once again.

Fittipaldi EF7 and the SRT Tomahawk X are the only VGTs that I ever drive...The rest aren't really my cup of tea, and the Tomahawk X is only for goofing off.

How is the electric Audi ?Is it as fast as it looks ? Was disappointed with the Tesla. Love that Honda in cockpit view very fun, the BMW is cool as well but sadly no cockpit view, half ass premium

The Mercedes-Benz VGT looks, sounds and drives like bat out of heaven :)
I hardly play anymore but that car will bring me back to take a lap or two at the Nurburgring, like your faithful doggie wanting to go for a walk at her favourite park :dopey:

Hardly ever use. Bought Tomahawk (2500hp). That it! The rest come from roulette. Cant use VGT in sport mode(daily race).

For actual use, the McLaren Ultimate... it really is the ultimate, it was more ultimate on the old tyre model but even the current model, its streets ahead of everyone else (bar the crazy Tomahawks).

For visual design, its the Chinese lead Infiniti Gran Turismo. Its such a beautiful car I'd like to get a model of it.

Why? I find the X in particular quite fun to use.
I have never been a fan of that or the Red Bull X fan cars. The insane grip feels so unnatural and overdone. I suppose that is the point and the appeal of it but it does nothing for me.

The sound of the Tomahawk drives me mad as well. I'd be surprised if I've covered 30km in it.

I sort of want to believe these cars can exist and I also have an issue with the non 'S' standard Tomahawks and especially the Chapparral 2X... also on a practical basis my sort of personal performance envelope ends at the W08 x2014 and the McLaren VGT... anything faster and my mind cant process...

I have both Audi VGT GrX and Gr1 - they are both not good.

I also have multiple Hyundai GrX Gr1 - these are also not good.

They get wasted by the McLaren and the LMP hybrids. All symptoms of the fact they lack power.

I Have the Zagato, handles ok, no cockpit I believe. I also have the Emerson Fittipaldi car... it should be an N600 car... I think something like the McLaren F1 would give it a hard time.

The Infinti is the worst handling piece of garbage out there (but its so pretty). I forced my way to make it win in one of the milder junior VGT races... absolute hell on wheels.

I have a smattering of stuff I dont care about ie. Honda and VW VGTs... the VWs are surprisngly strong being 4wd and pretty neutral handling.

These are all DWG offerings.

both Alpines. I got them both through daily workout, and they're both fantastic to drive. :cheers:

My favourite VGTs in the game are easily the Tommahawk X and the 2X. I like the 2X in particular because its whole concept makes it probably the most interesting car in the game for me. I've also made it a personal goal for myself to lap Nurburgring in the Tommahawk X.
I just love how outrageous both these cars are and I couldn't care less about how realistic they are. They're just pure fun.

Last edited:
The Infinti is the worst handling piece of garbage out there (but its so pretty). I forced my way to make it win in one of the milder junior VGT races... absolute hell on wheels.

I didn't think it handles that badly, back end's definitely a handful in slower corners, but it just needs a gentle touch.

Back