Your favourite GT5 overtakes (Read OP)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ITCC_Andrew
  • 56 comments
  • 4,460 views
My best overtake was in a dirty shuffle room. it was a full lobby on SSR7. I got put in an underpowered Lamborghini Miura and I was pitted against dodge vipers, cizetas, basically faster and stronger cars.

Midway into the race I managed to catch up to the group up front (about 11 people). all of a sudden a fight between the cars in front breaks out and they are all over the place. the 2nd place car PIT maneuvers the leader and spins out. all the other cars run into the spun out leader. the next thing you know, everyone is spinning out and smoke is everywhere. I weaved my way through and managed to secure 2nd out of 14 people (two of them left). Pretty close call.

What exactly is PIT maneuvering?
 
I once split two cars at the first hairpin in Monaco. Both drivers took safe lines into the turn, each trying to keep it clean. At turn in, they left a gap, and as the turn progressed, that gap got big enough to fit my Mini Cooper right on in.

Both drivers nearly (expletive) themselves when they realized (too late) what was going on. Going into the next left-handed hairpin, the pass was cemented, and neither could overtake me... they were still battling each other.
 
Sliding around a Corvette C2 in a league race at Monza, after I was put on the grass sideways in my Ford Mk IV at 190mph, ending up 90 degree right into the corner, drifting leaving him full of smoke.

This after about 7 laps on wheelbanging and position swapping at every turn... whilst racing with heavy damage :D
 
Not really one, but 8 in the NASCAR Truck Series S2, fully modded F-150's on Race Hards.



Sorry for crappy camera, only have my phone(Blackberry, which has the worst camera you can imagine :p)

Just in case you were wondering why I was last in the first place, I won race 1 and it was reverse grid.

Another where I was 3rd, on Fuji F in the V8 Challenge pre-season, me and IMMORTALPILOT were on fresh tyres hunting down Team_Lotus_Seven, IMMORTAL got the run on him and went side by side, while I got a double draft, went to the grass, got squeezed off, kept two wheels in the white line so it was still legal and stuck the move.

Another where I went straight around the outside of V8-Johnboy in the V8 Challenge at Turn 2 of the Nurburgring(Like Hamilton-Alonso)

In TOCA season 2 I went down the Inside of Tombrooks97 at the turn before the Corkscrew at Laguna.

Also in TOCA season 2 I went around the outside of RacerPaul at the chicane in Monaco by trail-braking as late as possible. Probably more as I've been online racing(GTP organized, not public lobby) for over a year.
 
Dolph Drago
I had a similar experience to this. I was enjoying a dirty shuffle race (hey, I like to have non-serious, crazy races every one in a while) and was dead last of about 12 people going into the last lap of a 5 lap race at Tokyo Route 246. And I mean I was waaay behind even the 2nd to last place guy. Through about 2/3 of the lap, I picked up 6 spots due to guys crashing and avoiding said crashes. Meanwhile, I also picked up a bunch of time on the leaders who were beatin' and bangin' headed down to the end. Then all hell broke loose in typical dirty race fashion as all 5 drivers ahead of me wiped out on the last corner. I casually strolled by the inside of the corner and took it to the checkered for the win.:lol:

Maybe not exactly great overtaking, but still fun and interesting nonetheless.

I had that happen once.. Shuffle race around trial mountain.. I was in the 1995 lancer and the other two had an RX7 and Mustang, I figured I'd be screwed, but I got the turbo on boost real nice, the Lancer hooked up and shot around the Mustang, in the three lap duration of the race I wound up building a 45 second lead as they pummeled each other relentlessly (I think they realized catching the lancer was hopeless, cus even tho it was the least powerful car in the room Trial Mountain happens to be my best track)
 
This:



Favorite overtake by far. It was in a public lobby and this occurred when the 2 top cars were dominating the race (I think the shuffle ratio was set to 10, so they had the better cars for the race) and I was just getting to grips with my Beemer. I had a nice battle with this guy for 3rd, and this is just the cherry on top of the cake. Public lobby, shuffle rooms, I didn't know the guy, and that's the least expected place/room I'd ever see an overtake like that.
 
This, a few days ago at the ring
Two LFA battling for first at the last straight and I in my HSC overtake the both.

 
I was in High Speed Ring racing my friends from school. I was in position (9/12) with 5 laps remaining. I was using my BMW M3 and the others were Corvette's and Aston Martins. My tires were halfway worn out and I was using soft so I decided to coast the 5 laps. 6 of my friends decided to pit but I was 48 sec behind. By the time I reached them I knew I could take it. My strategy was to draft them and by the time I was nearing the straight I used NOS and got up to 7th place. 3 laps remained and I was in 7th I was in the tunnel and one of the Aston Martin's hit me on the side, he slowed down a bit and so did I which in the end I hit him again and sent him into the pit stop. One of my friends got mad he was in 3rd place I was in 6th place and my friend decided to play dirty and make me lose. I was in the straight going 150 mph the Vanquish was going 120 mph. I was about to pass him when he suddenly pulled to the right but I saw it coming and I started to move lanes which caused him to get confused. I finally found an opening and used NOS and got into 5th place. 2 laps remaining the 3rd and 4th place cars pitted and I was in 3rd. Now I was 6 sec behind the 1st place car and I don't know what happened but the 2nd place car beaked to late and both lost control. I braked early but I wasn't able to evade the accident and I also crashed. Now it was an even race with no car having a decent lead. The Vantage,M3, and Corvette Grand Sport each hand 1 second leads. We were now in the final lap nearing the bridge all 3 cars were using NOS and it was clear that the M3 was faster but I had very little NOS remaining. We neared the Tunnel and the Corvette GS used NOS to get a 2 second lead but at the cost of losing all NOS. We were now in the early straight and I decided to draft them and use NOS at the same time since I set the NOS to the highest concentration. I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.
 
Corvette2012
I was in High Speed Ring racing my friends from school. I was in position (9/12) with 5 laps remaining. I was using my BMW M3 and the others were Corvette's and Aston Martins. My tires were halfway worn out and I was using soft so I decided to coast the 5 laps. 6 of my friends decided to pit but I was 48 sec behind. By the time I reached them I knew I could take it. My strategy was to draft them and by the time I was nearing the straight I used NOS and got up to 7th place. 3 laps remained and I was in 7th I was in the tunnel and one of the Aston Martin's hit me on the side, he slowed down a bit and so did I which in the end I hit him again and sent him into the pit stop. One of my friends got mad he was in 3rd place I was in 6th place and my friend decided to play dirty and make me lose. I was in the straight going 150 mph the Vanquish was going 120 mph. I was about to pass him when he suddenly pulled to the right but I saw it coming and I started to move lanes which caused him to get confused. I finally found an opening and used NOS and got into 5th place. 2 laps remaining the 3rd and 4th place cars pitted and I was in 3rd. Now I was 6 sec behind the 1st place car and I don't know what happened but the 2nd place car beaked to late and both lost control. I braked early but I wasn't able to evade the accident and I also crashed. Now it was an even race with no car having a decent lead. The Vantage,M3, and Corvette Grand Sport each hand 1 second leads. We were now in the final lap nearing the bridge all 3 cars were using NOS and it was clear that the M3 was faster but I had very little NOS remaining. We neared the Tunnel and the Corvette GS used NOS to get a 2 second lead but at the cost of losing all NOS. We were now in the early straight and I decided to draft them and use NOS at the same time since I set the NOS to the highest concentration. I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.

Are you sure this was GT5? There is no NOS in GT5.
 
Although you are probably just trolling (not very well), I cannot resist the temptation to break this post down. I am just going to completely ignore the use of NOS because that's a whole different topic here.

I was in High Speed Ring racing my friends from school. I was in position (9/12) with 5 laps remaining. I was using my BMW M3 and the others were Corvette's and Aston Martins. My tires were halfway worn out and I was using soft so I decided to coast the 5 laps.

Ok, so you have 5 laps left with half tread, and you drive conservatively to save your tires, I get that.

6 of my friends decided to pit but I was 48 sec behind. By the time I reached them I knew I could take it. My strategy was to draft them and by the time I was nearing the straight I used NOS and got up to 7th place.

So your friends just pitted, they are on fresh tires, and your tires were at half life 2 laps ago. So lets say at this point your tires are at 30%, yet somehow you have a chance to overtake them? Let's continue.

3 laps remained and I was in 7th I was in the tunnel and one of the Aston Martin's hit me on the side, he slowed down a bit and so did I which in the end I hit him again and sent him into the pit stop.

That's what we call dirty racing.

One of my friends got mad he was in 3rd place I was in 6th place and my friend decided to play dirty and make me lose. I was in the straight going 150 mph the Vanquish was going 120 mph. I was about to pass him when he suddenly pulled to the right but I saw it coming and I started to move lanes which caused him to get confused. I finally found an opening and used NOS and got into 5th place.

Why would someone get mad because another player was 3 spots behind him, on dying tires?

2 laps remaining the 3rd and 4th place cars pitted and I was in 3rd. Now I was 6 sec behind the 1st place car and I don't know what happened but the 2nd place car beaked to late and both lost control. I braked early but I wasn't able to evade the accident and I also crashed. Now it was an even race with no car having a decent lead. The Vantage,M3, and Corvette Grand Sport each hand 1 second leads. We were now in the final lap nearing the bridge all 3 cars were using NOS and it was clear that the M3 was faster but I had very little NOS remaining. We neared the Tunnel and the Corvette GS used NOS to get a 2 second lead but at the cost of losing all NOS.

The distance from the tunnel to the finish is what, maybe 1km? How could any car pull a 2 second lead in such a short distance that is basically a flat out section of the track? Oh yeah I forgot, NOS.

We were now in the early straight and I decided to draft them and use NOS at the same time since I set the NOS to the highest concentration.

What is this I dont even..

I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.

How on earth could you possibly pull a 3 second lead with only a 1/4 mile left in the race? Oops, NOS again, that's right.

Thanks for the entertainment.
 
Last edited:
Corvette2012
I was in High Speed Ring racing my friends from school. I was in position (9/12) with 5 laps remaining. I was using my BMW M3 and the others were Corvette's and Aston Martins. My tires were halfway worn out and I was using soft so I decided to coast the 5 laps. 6 of my friends decided to pit but I was 48 sec behind. By the time I reached them I knew I could take it. My strategy was to draft them and by the time I was nearing the straight I used NOS and got up to 7th place. 3 laps remained and I was in 7th I was in the tunnel and one of the Aston Martin's hit me on the side, he slowed down a bit and so did I which in the end I hit him again and sent him into the pit stop. One of my friends got mad he was in 3rd place I was in 6th place and my friend decided to play dirty and make me lose. I was in the straight going 150 mph the Vanquish was going 120 mph. I was about to pass him when he suddenly pulled to the right but I saw it coming and I started to move lanes which caused him to get confused. I finally found an opening and used NOS and got into 5th place. 2 laps remaining the 3rd and 4th place cars pitted and I was in 3rd. Now I was 6 sec behind the 1st place car and I don't know what happened but the 2nd place car beaked to late and both lost control. I braked early but I wasn't able to evade the accident and I also crashed. Now it was an even race with no car having a decent lead. The Vantage,M3, and Corvette Grand Sport each hand 1 second leads. We were now in the final lap nearing the bridge all 3 cars were using NOS and it was clear that the M3 was faster but I had very little NOS remaining. We neared the Tunnel and the Corvette GS used NOS to get a 2 second lead but at the cost of losing all NOS. We were now in the early straight and I decided to draft them and use NOS at the same time since I set the NOS to the highest concentration. I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.

Stop. You don't play gt5 do you? No NOS. .. . Oh god
 
I was at Cape ring with a one make Mazda furai race going.

One guy was slowing for a corner and I got past, nothing good but then it was the hump, we flew together but he hit me, span me in the air and got past. I credited him for it.

Later, I was second and drafting at NASCAR and just before the corner I went low in the banked corner, he went middle. He then cut me and drove off laughing. I was then passed by drafter and then came the turn, mine was made for oval and it reached greater speeds. Drafter then passed cutter and I drafted the cutter, he tries to pass drafter but misjudged gap and hit the wall, I drafted drafter and in the corner I caught up. He went to wall and I went to grass, I steered into wall and cut him but accident. I was 1st, half lap to go. Corner to go and I was winning by 0.987 seconds, suddenly cutter comes second after spinning into 8th. He then closed the gap and won by 0.042s.

I'm not very good racer so don't get many good overtakes. That and I'm on ace combat now :)
 
I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.

3qf2j6.jpg


Why would someone get mad because another player was 3 spots behind him, on dying tires?

Thanks for the entertainment.

:lol: 👍
 
Last edited:
I was at Cape ring with a one make Mazda furai race going.

One guy was slowing for a corner and I got past, nothing good but then it was the hump, we flew together but he hit me, span me in the air and got past. I credited him for it.

I love flying overtakes! I once got past a guy on Eiger who was being lapped and slowed down right beneath the bump, and I took it flat out and went right over the guy! I didn't save the replay sadly but I would show it to you guys if I could.

I was in High Speed Ring racing my friends from school. I was in position (9/12) with 5 laps remaining. I was using my BMW M3 and the others were Corvette's and Aston Martins. My tires were halfway worn out and I was using soft so I decided to coast the 5 laps. 6 of my friends decided to pit but I was 48 sec behind. By the time I reached them I knew I could take it. My strategy was to draft them and by the time I was nearing the straight I used NOS and got up to 7th place. 3 laps remained and I was in 7th I was in the tunnel and one of the Aston Martin's hit me on the side, he slowed down a bit and so did I which in the end I hit him again and sent him into the pit stop. One of my friends got mad he was in 3rd place I was in 6th place and my friend decided to play dirty and make me lose. I was in the straight going 150 mph the Vanquish was going 120 mph. I was about to pass him when he suddenly pulled to the right but I saw it coming and I started to move lanes which caused him to get confused. I finally found an opening and used NOS and got into 5th place. 2 laps remaining the 3rd and 4th place cars pitted and I was in 3rd. Now I was 6 sec behind the 1st place car and I don't know what happened but the 2nd place car beaked to late and both lost control. I braked early but I wasn't able to evade the accident and I also crashed. Now it was an even race with no car having a decent lead. The Vantage,M3, and Corvette Grand Sport each hand 1 second leads. We were now in the final lap nearing the bridge all 3 cars were using NOS and it was clear that the M3 was faster but I had very little NOS remaining. We neared the Tunnel and the Corvette GS used NOS to get a 2 second lead but at the cost of losing all NOS. We were now in the early straight and I decided to draft them and use NOS at the same time since I set the NOS to the highest concentration. I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.

S25EO.gif
 
I overtook an audi RS6 avant in a 1/4 drag at 150 MPH... in reverse. :lol:
 
My bob drive my minolta at sarthe and it was raining badly,there are 2 cars in his sight FTO Touring car and Subaru super touring car he manage to overtake the subie gently but when he tries to overtake the FTO he went fast and hit the FTO Right-Backside and it spun lol it was hilarious :lol:
 
FlyinHawaiian77 and I were fighting for the lead in GT Class in the ALMS racing series for about 16 laps when I made this move on him:



And that wasn't it, we still had tons of braking battles and passes on the straights! This occurred for about 21 laps, so we still had 6 laps left of insane battles left and right.
 
Sadly no ovetakes I make are as good as the ones on here, mainly as I don't race online often. :(
 
Last edited:
It a shuffle race at Suzuka, and I was in 4th. 2nd and 3rd were fighting it out right in front of me. We were coming up to the spoon curve. They were both to the right of the track and left the left side wide open. I broke later than normal and dove down the inside of both of them. They somehow didn't see me and still tried going to the inside. I kept my line since I got there first. They were mad, but if they said that I was being dirty, I just would have kicked them.
 
I was in a clean shuffle race (yes, they do exist! :dopey:) at Nurburgring GP/D. I was in a dark silver RS6 Avant, my rival for the race was in a green RUF. There were more cars racing, but I can't remember what the other cars were. It was a field of 6. It was a false start check race, and somehow the RUF managed to have a false start, so I got ahead of the pack. It was a 3 lap race, and on the first lap, he managed to catch up pretty close behind me. I knew I wouldn't be able to shake him, so I decided to spin him out without touching him. By this time he was right behind me, mirroring my line, braking and acceleration. I decided to run wide, but not too wide so I'd go off the track. He did the same, but went off the track and crashed. For the next lap and a bit I had the lead again, then he caught up again, and we were coming onto the straight towards the final chicane. I had no corners to run wide on to shake him, so I was helpless as he passed me on the straight. But with this being the final lap, I had my mind set on winning, because I don't win that often. He braked a little early for the chicane, and I tried to brake later and dive for the inside line of the chicane. Somehow, my RS6 managed to take the inside line, and overtake him, complete the chicane properly and take the win. I don't think I've ever gone through that chicane so fast in my life.
 
Racing my Honda Gathers Civic in a Nurburgring 3 Laps challenge. At the end of the long, hilly, speed road, I entered the corner after it and stuck on the outside. In front of me was a Toyota 86 Concept, and an Opera Performance 350Z. At that corner, last lap, I over took them, left hem behind!
The best overtake I've done.
~ENDURANCEGUY
 
Well, I was racing low hp cars at Nurburgring. (midnight)
I'm in 3rd place (FR-S) and two civics in front of me, then 1st one understeers really bad and goes out of the track, 2nd place civic brakes slightly, and I get right behind him.
Then in a little straight before a hairpin, he lefts little space, enough to pass him, I move a little bit into the inside and apparently I got into his blind spot, so he opens even more and I pass happily. :lol:
(Over the mic I heard "WTF were did you go?!"
 
I was running at Grand Valley East, 555pp. I was in a Citroen GT Race Car chasing down an Asparadrink RX7, as we came out of the first corner, I was closing the gap. As we started the short up hill run, I was just on the right side quarter. Both of us kept it full throttle right the way through and as we hung left at the top of the hill, we both ran a little wider than expected.

The RX7 stayed on the road, I ended up slightly on the grass, but neither of us lifted. The RX7 shifted over to line up for the sweeping right before the tunnel, I got back on the road and ducked down the inside while we were braking and got right on line to defend through the tunnel. No contact with one another.
 
I was in High Speed Ring racing my friends from school. I was in position (9/12) with 5 laps remaining. I was using my BMW M3 and the others were Corvette's and Aston Martins. My tires were halfway worn out and I was using soft so I decided to coast the 5 laps. 6 of my friends decided to pit but I was 48 sec behind. By the time I reached them I knew I could take it. My strategy was to draft them and by the time I was nearing the straight I used NOS and got up to 7th place. 3 laps remained and I was in 7th I was in the tunnel and one of the Aston Martin's hit me on the side, he slowed down a bit and so did I which in the end I hit him again and sent him into the pit stop. One of my friends got mad he was in 3rd place I was in 6th place and my friend decided to play dirty and make me lose. I was in the straight going 150 mph the Vanquish was going 120 mph. I was about to pass him when he suddenly pulled to the right but I saw it coming and I started to move lanes which caused him to get confused. I finally found an opening and used NOS and got into 5th place. 2 laps remaining the 3rd and 4th place cars pitted and I was in 3rd. Now I was 6 sec behind the 1st place car and I don't know what happened but the 2nd place car beaked to late and both lost control. I braked early but I wasn't able to evade the accident and I also crashed. Now it was an even race with no car having a decent lead. The Vantage,M3, and Corvette Grand Sport each hand 1 second leads. We were now in the final lap nearing the bridge all 3 cars were using NOS and it was clear that the M3 was faster but I had very little NOS remaining. We neared the Tunnel and the Corvette GS used NOS to get a 2 second lead but at the cost of losing all NOS. We were now in the early straight and I decided to draft them and use NOS at the same time since I set the NOS to the highest concentration. I finally got a 3 second lead going at 195 mph and with ending fashion did a 360 spin out to take the race.


clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif
 
Last edited:
Back