Your first Gran Turismo

• Thread starter Racer Dee
  • 57 comments
Why did he go?

I was going to go back to GT2, remember that feeling you get when you would start anew career? Love it.

But i just unlocked the extreme events hall in GT4 so im sticking with that for a while.

Why did he go?

Good question. I went to the "Site Feedback" area of GTP and it says EXC3SSIV3 got banned for saying (paraphrasing here) "stupid things without thinking first". But then when I read his comments, they didn't seem that bad. Oh well, I'm sure the mods had their reasons.

I was going to go back to GT2, remember that feeling you get when you would start anew career? Love it.

Yeah, I do remember. I get kind of the same feeling in GT4, perhaps that's why I have multiple games going.
But i just unlocked the extreme events hall in GT4 so im sticking with that for a while.

I haven't made it that far yet! From what I gather, the real meat of the game is in the Extreme hall.

Last edited:
Extreme hall is fun, but its all the same sort of cars that you get in the GTWC, except for the premium sports cars lounge, which is SLR's M3GTR'S and such.

Extreme hall is fun, but its all the same sort of cars that you get in the GTWC, except for the premium sports cars lounge, which is SLR's M3GTR'S and such.

MMmhmm, that's kinda what I expected. 👍

Last edited:
thats easy, gt1 or gt2 i dont remember which is the one i played first i was too young then, but i think gt2 realy got me into the gt saga, its was different and cool, that fact that you could grab a car change the exhaust system i listen how the engine sounded as stock and then modified.

my first post here, so how many mexicans are amongst us? hope im not the only one

I bought GT1 for my son when was young & I tried to compete with him but got my ass kicked big time , so I started playing against my wife & she started to kick my ass also , so ended my GT1 career & never touched it again . Years later I am now looking after 2 grandsons & bought them a PS2 to keep them quiet & it had a hard drive in it with several games on it & started playing Super Cars 3 & then GT4 , GT3 , GT2 , GT1 & in that order & I still suck in all 4 & flat out getting Bronze licenses let alone Gold LOL
I have a preference for GT3 as I like the way the tracks look & the way the cars handle .
Cheers Ozi

I bought GT1 for my son when was young & I tried to compete with him but got my ass kicked big time , so I started playing against my wife & she started to kick my ass also

Yikes! :scared:

, so ended my GT1 career & never touched it again . Years later I am now looking after 2 grandsons & bought them a PS2 to keep them quiet & it had a hard drive in it with several games on it & started playing Super Cars 3 & then GT4 , GT3 , GT2 , GT1 & in that order & I still suck in all 4 & flat out getting Bronze licenses let alone Gold LOL
I have a preference for GT3 as I like the way the tracks look & the way the cars handle .
Cheers Ozi

Yeah, GT3 has a different feel for sure.

*when GT1 was released i was amused by the graphic and close to real physic.....none other driving games offer the same level of quality...NFS not even close...

I started on 4 on a ps3 then went and bought 3A spec, and found a copy of 2 and 1. But I am not much good on a controller so I am afraid if I can't use the wheel then it will have to wait.
4 is my main enjoyment at the moment. Will do the others in reverse order once I have finished 4. Think I am upto 39% at the moment.

I got GT1 when it first came out. I was sooo happy. See, I was in Japan '96-'97 and fell in love with the all the cool cars they have over there like the GTR etc. It was nice to have a game with all those great cars in it.
It's funny, when I first got back to the States, I was telling all my buds what a awesome car the GTR was. They were like "GTR, whatever". :rolleyes: But now they know... ;)

sadly
i only got a PSOne in time for GT2
but oh how it changed my life
on a rainy day when i couldnt go outside i played GT2 instead of messing around with the likes of Hotwheels cars

my first gt, my father brought from USA ( i'm from argentina) and i reme,ber at first i dindt understand the game 'cuase it was something new. then i started playing and i never stopped since. I remember that i used to play the sunday cup a lo of times with a used lancer or skyline and then buy a dodge viper that for me wass the best car in the game , with suzuki escudo. And now today i have the gt4 and for the first im trying to complete it. I'm stuck at GTWC :( .

I started out with GT2.
Good times, although I never had a PlayStation 1 memory card to enable me to make any sort of progress.

I got GT3 bundled with my PS2 a few years ago. I thought it was ok, but was really into FPS games. Also, the whole earning the money by grinding out races to buy cars thing bugged me.
Then I played it at a friend's house and saw how many cars he's acquired, and got inspired to play more. I've been obsessed ever since.

Latest Posts

Back