Your GT Idiosyncrasies/OCDisms...

• Thread starter Anomaly
  • 47 comments
United States
New York, USA
OGPooh
I've got a few (probably more of I think about it)...

1: I can't have two cars painted the same color. If I have a particular color that I want to put on a car and I already have one in that color, I'll either find another chip that comes close or I'll repaint the first car. I'm sure this will eventually become a problem.

2: Before I shut the game down, I have to go into my garage and put all the cars in their proper order. I can't stand the "permanent" last used display order because that's not a proper order to me. So, I routinely switch the listing to PP order then get in & out of every car, so they stay listed that way.

3: I don't like having too many cars with the same wheels. I'd actually prefer none have the exact same set, but this is pretty much impossible short of keeping the factory wheels, so painting duplicate sets to keep exact repeats down works for me.

Anyway, I've let my crazy out of the bag. What are some of your GT idiosyncrasies?

After setting my best time in a TT or Aspec race i will return all the cars settings back to default and install all standars parts. Lol! Basically make it stock again.

.............A habit I carried over from the days of GT4...I always do an oil change after I change cars, regardless of whether it needs or not....

After setting my best time in a TT or Aspec race i will return all the cars settings back to default and install all standars parts. Lol! Basically make it stock again.

I just use tab C for keeping cars stock [A & B are always tuned] so I will always just revert it back to tab C and put engine tuning and weight reduction back to standard before I go to select my next car for use. :D

.............A habit I carried over from the days of GT4...I always do an oil change after I change cars, regardless of whether it needs or not....

I used to always wash cars when changing between them, but somewhere along the way, I stopped doing that. Maybe I miss watching them spin 'round & 'round?

I used to always wash cars when changing between them, but somewhere along the way, I stopped doing that. Maybe I miss watching them spin 'round & 'round?
..........GT6's GT Auto section has become boring, after all...

Prior to driving or on a straight road (on controller) I press down L3 and R3 8 times. Flick both of them upwards, downwards, left/right, and diagonally in every direction twice each. R1 and L1 are pressed 4 times each. All arrow keys as well are pressed 4 times. If a mistake happens with any of these procedures the messed up one is done 3 more times, twice correctly and one more with the mistake. On menus I go in and out of it 4 times as well. I cycle through the views 2 or 4 times. And lastly I press the PS button 4 or 8 times.

There are also various patterns of button pressing. These patterns are often reversed and mirrored. That would all be too much to type though.

I just use tab C for keeping cars stock [A & B are always tuned] so I will always just revert it back to tab C and put engine tuning and weight reduction back to standard before I go to select my next car for use. :D
Yeah I'm the same with tabs

Tab A - Base tune
Tab B - Experimental tune
Tab C - Stock

This all goes out the window when I start working on the transmission though :lol:

turn off the TCS and ABS (Every single time I get a new car.)

Drive on the right-hand side of the pit straight at SSR5 - Back in GT (That would be GT 16 years ago GT) there used to be a long tracking camera that ran on this bit of the track... so a replay would put the camera very close or inside your car...

I recently thought about trying this. It should be pretty easy to figure out right? I really am ignorant about a lot of things. Lol!

The exhaust sound must be as close as possible to reality, regardless of performance. I also don't tune a car in a way that wouldn't be done irl.

Prior to driving or on a straight road (on controller) I press down L3 and R3 8 times. Flick both of them upwards, downwards, left/right, and diagonally in every direction twice each. R1 and L1 are pressed 4 times each. All arrow keys as well are pressed 4 times. If a mistake happens with any of these procedures the messed up one is done 3 more times, twice correctly and one more with the mistake. On menus I go in and out of it 4 times as well. I cycle through the views 2 or 4 times. And lastly I press the PS button 4 or 8 times.

There are also various patterns of button pressing. These patterns are often reversed and mirrored. That would all be too much to type though.

Seriously?

Yeah I'm the same with tabs

Tab A - Base tune
Tab B - Experimental tune
Tab C - Stock

This all goes out the window when I start working on the transmission though :lol:

A little off-topic, but it's my thread, so...

Does it annoy anyone else that things like weight reduction and engine tuning level are applied across the board (tunes A-C)? I mean really, what's the sense in three different tunes if they are forced to share some elements?

When I still played GT5 a lot, I basically couldn't stop from making cars have horsepower numbers ending in 5 or 0.

This is a strange one, but in GT5, I would only SAVE if the time of the save ended in :00 or :05, unless it was some other time that was particularly cool like 11:11, 11:04 (my birthday), 12:34 or something like that.

A little off-topic, but it's my thread, so...

Does it annoy anyone else that things like weight reduction and engine tuning level are applied across the board (tunes A-C)? I mean really, what's the sense in three different tunes if they are forced to share some elements?
Yeah does get annoying, particularly when you are parts testing and comparing power options

What's weird about that is that there was no reason that it needed to be; since the game was perfectly capable of having all tuning options be separated by the tabs. GT5 hybriding (and a couple of briefly exploitable glitches with GT5) showed that the reason parts were applied to all setups was because the game deliberately applied them to all setups.

Whenever I fully tune a car, I limit the power to the nearest 10BHP, and add ballast to the nearest 10kg.

Ride Height and spring rate are always increments of 0.5. All other setting end in even numbers.

Cars like Ferraris with awful titanium exhausts must have nicer sounding exhausts.

Most of my cars have black wheels, and said black is always Black Mica from a Daihatsu Copen.

Red Brake Callipers are always Active Red from the '99 R34.

I try not to have too many cars in the same colour, which is a pain in my rear end, because yellow looks so damn good on all of them!

Then there's the usual login bonus/oil change every car stuff.

I'm not sure, but I must do it. I suppose that right there is OCD. Anyone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if I am wrong.

When I acquire a new car, I always...

Strip the weight down as much as possible
Add race brakes
Paint the calipers a contrasting color, usually red or yellow, sometimes sky blue
If I can't see the calipers clearly enough, I look for more open wheel options
Cars of a certain era and style are given wire wheels, chromed

Then I start thinking about other mods

I'm not sure, but I must do it. I suppose that right there is OCD. Anyone more knowledgeable than me can correct me if I am wrong.

There are many degrees of compulsive behaviour, there is the more common Habitual Behaviour at one end of the scale which is where you perform certain actions or rituals in order to gain a perceived advantage - eg. Putting on your left boot before your right for luck. This is a concious choice, if you don't want to follow the ritual then the you can easily break the habit.

At the other end of the scale you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, this is far less common but manifests as an inability to mentally/physically overcome compulsive urges in response to specific stimuli. The person literally has no choice in performing certain actions/rituals in response to situations. Like all disorders it can manifest itself in different degrees of severity, for some it is barely noticeable actions that don't interfere with day to day life, for less fortunate others it can be much more dramatic and can be much more damaging but such cases are rare.

👍

Back