Your GT Idiosyncrasies/OCDisms...

• Thread starter Anomaly
  • 47 comments
Because there was no other way for me to sort cars, and I enjoyed racing untuned cars online, I painted all my untuned cars white so they were easy to find in the garage. In GT5 I painted my cars from different regions of the world similar colours. Japanese were blue/purple, American were yellow/orange, British were green, German cars were silver/gold etc.

I'm guilty to always keep my login bonus up even when I don't play and always having above 30 million credits. :lol: Cars over 1 million are "expensive" for me.

I always change my garage to 'Sort by Power' before exiting the game.

I can't drive a Bugatti Veyron because the cockpit is off-center and the sound is weird.

I always have more than 1,000,000Cr in case I need a car for a specific online event.

• TCS and SRF is always off regardless of car type.
  • I always drive with the "hood" camera option.
  • Unless the car came with it by default, I never tune any car with tuning stage 3 for any tuning parts.
  • With the exception of the Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R and Nissan R390 Road Car, I usually don't drive standard cars.
  • I never add custom paint to my cars.
  • I often purposely add large amounts of mileage to older cars to simulate their age.
  • If a car says in the description that it has won a certain amount of races in reality, I tend to win said amount of races using that car and then never win another race with it.
  • If it is night time in reality, I'll only drive on a track that has night lighting option.
  • If it is raining or snowing in reality, the same above applies.
  • I always sort my garage by either model year, or date acquired. In GT5 I used to sort by distance only.

Last edited:
I'm weather obsessed, too; I try to set the conditions to what's ocurring outside my window.

Same with time (day/night) and usually set the speed to '1'.

I turn off the cockpit HUD whenever driving a premium car. (I always drive in cockpit view)

Apply the newly obtained Seasonal paint chip to the car used to win the event.

Set TCS and ABS to '0' every time I get a new car.

Buy every model of a certain car to try them all out for comparison.

Keep my login bonus at '5' or at least try to plan so it will be at '5' the next time I play.

Check my stats at least once during every hour of gameplay.

Press 'Start' after every race. :P

Last edited:
Whenever I fully tune a car, I limit the power to the nearest 10BHP, and add ballast to the nearest 10kg.

I don't care what the power ends up at, but I'm with you on the ballast:tup::D

I don't like the look of a car that doesn't have its weight in a even increment of 10kg, so I always add or subtract the ballast so it ends up at the nearest 10kg total.:dopey::D

See you on the tracks!
Once I'm finished with some more suspension tinkering!
GTsail

Nice one. I'm happy i'm not the only one...

All races must be 100% clean laps for me. I'll restart it even if it's the last lap. I'll finish it only if i have no choice.

Always change oil and wash it after a race.

I usually have round numbers for power & weight.

I do everything possible with the suspension and weight distribution in order to get a good handling and fast times with a lower front or at least the same height on both ends. If needed, i raise the front, get my lap time, and tune it back.

Also keep tab C stock for stock, simulation races, like many of you.

When i'm done playing, i try to organize my garage and keep the cars in 'groups' (supercars, classics, race cars, rally cars, and so on). I don't spend more than a couple of minutes on this, i just try to keep them close for faster browsing.

I don't usually keep different versions of the same cars, with a few exceptions (GTRs, Evos, Imprezas...), but when i do, i get the most important models and/or the premium ones.

I can't accept a green Ferrari, a red R34, a yellow Aston Martin, and so on... it's just... weird or wrong for me. Some cars/brands have traditional colors so i usually respect that. A Type-R Honda must be Championship White. An Aston must have any tone of silver, black, or dark green. It's hard to explain. Also, most of my cars have darker wheels and red/yellow brakes. Maybe because i think they look more like track day cars that way. But i guess these last ones are more taste-related than OCDs...

Cheers!

Forgot one... I only buy premium cars. If I have to have a standard for some reason, I sell it once it's served it's purpose.

I add my weight in kilos every time I buy a new car

I always get a race brake so I can paint it

My car number is always 69. My gf saw this and asked me why? To this day I have yet to answer, more like a grin.

I have every BMW in game, only because I have an obsession with them. Owned 4 of them.

I add my weight in kilos every time I buy a new car

I always get a race brake so I can paint it

My car number is always 69. My gf saw this and asked me why? To this day I have yet to answer, more like a grin.

I have every BMW in game, only because I have an obsession with them. Owned 4 of them.

I number my cars first by using the birth years of my family & pets, then by my favorite numbers, then by numbers that have some type of meaning (I like #13 on matte black cars). That said, the number has to look good on the car... If the molding or body lines distort the number in an odd way, I'l simply pick a number that fits the car.

When I still played GT5 a lot, I basically couldn't stop from making cars have horsepower numbers ending in 5 or 0.

I make sure all my cars PP ends in zero, preferrably 400, 450, 500, 550, etc. I use the power limiter a lot. :lol: O look, the emoticons all have santa hats...

Some of you need professional help!

Since I have about 485 cars, I can't fathom the reordering some of you do in your garage. It would take me two days just to get them in their proper parking spaces.

Probably, my only habit is keeping the bank account above 49,000,000 credits. That means I must buy expensive cars every week before the new seasonals--to make room in the account for the new prize money. I don't even drive most of the cars.

Oh, and I've achieved gold on every GT6 seasonal since it was released, and I don't intend to let that lapse. I MUST collect all seasonal paint chips--even though I rarely paint anything.

Nor do I intend to let my 100% and platinum status lapse. With every new update, I restore 100% ASAP.

And, lately, I need to gold every seasonal using the clutch and H shifter, cockpit view, stock car and no assists (not even ABS) before using a tuned car, ABS, and paddle shifters for my best lap times.

Latest Posts

Back