Your guilty pleasuresMusic 

• Thread starter nizmo_bro
  • 82 comments
Crazy Town... i know, but i remember them from when i was a kid and they appealed to me. haha

I plead guilty to 2 counts of Taylor Swift,

1 count of Adele,

1 count of Martin Solveig

and 1 count of Vanessa Hudgens

Now I am going to go listen to some Rise Against, Offspring, and Avenged Sevenfold since I am a manly man.

:lol: Yes, Avenged Sevenfold. :P

At least you're not listening to music from a program made for 5 year old girls. :lol: And enjoying it. Though I'm not embarrassed to admit it.

Skython
:lol: Yes, Avenged Sevenfold. :P

At least you're not listening to music from a program made for 5 year old girls. :lol: And enjoying it. Though I'm not embarrassed to admit it.

What I just listed is the tip of the iceberg. Katy Perry, Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus (You'll like it too once you see her in the music video), Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae, Mumford and sons, Coldplay, Oasis, etc etc.

What I just listed is the tip of the iceberg. Katy Perry, Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus (You'll like it too once you see her in the music video), Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae, Mumford and sons, Coldplay, Oasis, etc etc.

They're all not very good, but Mumford and Sons is alright. Thistles and Weeds is a good song. Don't think of all your music as a guilty pleasure, just something you listen to that's so great no one can know so they don't all ruin it. :P

I've grown to like a whole bunch of (what people would consider) weird songs from the DanceDanceRevolution series and other music game series made by Konami. And from that, Japanese songs in general.

Here are two. They're by the same artist, TAG. He does a lot of music for Konami:

They're just auditorily pleasing to me for some reason. I think this is as guilty as it gets.

Not sure if its a guilty pleasure but i actually mainly listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Five Finger Death Punch.

...Musical guilty pleasures, eh? Hmm.

When I was a young boy, Ace of Bass sounded "nice", for a lack of better description.

Nowadays, it's Daughtry, and a bit of Josh Groban. Not too much of them, of course.
Otherwise I might start producing oestrogen or something...

System of a Down
Tenacious D
Avenged Sevenfold
Muse
Rise Against
Metallica (anything before the self-titled album. Enter Sandman FTL). Also, I do listen to the other three of the big four, Megadeth mostly.
A little bit of Bon Jovi
Van Halen, when Roth was singer
Iron Maiden
Led Zeppelin (yeah, I'll admit I'm a poser)
AC/DC
Dream Theater

I'll never truly like them because of that "dog days are over" travesty that was all over the radio and everywhere else for far too long, but the demented lyrics and twangy guitar of this track tickle me in all the right places.

Basically all the music I listen to (alt rock or metal). Everyone at school likes the more poppy stuff.

I was in class and usually when you disconnect you earbuds, Spotify pauses. Unfortunately there was a bug where it stopped doing it, so when they became unplugged, Help Is On The Way by Rise Against played out loud. Pretty much everyone said, "what the 🤬 are you listening to", or "wow you listen to rock? Ew."

With the exception of @XxOnLySBz4mExX (who I think may be trolling with that one) I find your guilty pleasures weak. Here's mine, and this one is a real guilty pleasure. If you have the fortitude to survive the first 90 seconds, you might be able to hang on and find out why I listen to it. I think most of you will run screaming. This is definitely one of the most embarrassing songs I enjoy.

“I don’t believe in guilty pleasures. If you ****ing like something, like it. That’s what’s wrong with our generation: that residual punk rock guilt, like, “You’re not supposed to like that. That’s not ****ing cool.” Don’t ****ing think it’s not cool to like Britney Spears’ “Toxic.” It is cool to like Britney Spears’ “Toxic”! Why the **** not? **** you! That’s who I am, goddamn it! That whole guilty pleasure thing is full of ****ing ****.”

― Dave Grohl

I follow that ethos. I like Nirvana, Queen, Shania Twain, Taylor Swift, Led Zeppelin, Pink, cheesy 80s pop. I don't care.

And on that bombshell...

I don't like it at all, but I still play it from time to time because it annoys my wife to no end.

:lol:

Here's a song I know some people hate, and I never understood why. It has fantastic production, Melanie Thornton has a beautiful voice, and even the rap breakdown in the middle of the song fits in a way.

Last edited:
Guilty pleasure songs ? Hm I tend to listen to almost every kind of music / song so to me there are plenty that are acceptable top listen to multiple times. :)

E.g. Jazz, rock, classic, pop, Reggae, Blues, Rap and so on.

Except some of the crappy and irritating songs of some of the Japanese artists say Kyari-Pamyupamyu.

there are about as many guilty pleasure songs for me as there are ones I openly enjoy, such as

Ciara - "Goodies"
Petey Pablo - "Freek-a-Leek"
Madonna - "Hung Up"
Nelly Furtado's entire discography
infinite etc.

'80s music is my guilty pleasure, especially pop. New Order, Depeche Mode, Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, you name it, I'm a sucker for this kind of music. :lol:

Also, I think Dirty South rap (e.g. 2 Live Crew, Lil' Jon, Ludacris) definitely counts as a guilty pleasure. :P

See You Again by Miley Cyrus.
I can remember my cousin telling me about it when it was new, I later heard it not too long after and I did not care for it. In fact, I didn't care for anything Miley Cyrus did simply because her music was targeting a younger audience at the time. I used to get kind of annoyed when my sister wanted to put it on because again, I did not care for it and my cousin had so many other songs I'd rather listen to instead. This used to happen fairly often back then.

Then time went on, I didn't hear it anymore or even any mentions of it, and I think the song ended up being largely forgotten by everyone I knew except me. Then I eventually I ended up listening to it again in recent years and now, I actually kind of like it. The song is like a time capsule for me because despite getting somewhat annoyed by it, it brings back some memories from my mid to late middle school years. While I don't "love" the song and I'm still not a fan of Miley Cyrus, I have least gotten to where I think it's okay now, whereas I didn't previously and it's certainly a guilty pleasure for me.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back