Your guilty pleasuresMusic 

• Thread starter nizmo_bro
  • 82 comments
For some unbeknown reason, one 'really really really' quite likes the Nightcore version of I Really Like You by Carly Rae Jepsen. :embarrassed:

Vocaloid
Never admitted to my parents I’m a weeb, but there’s something amazing about how you can get a computer to sing so well

White Walls by Macklemore.
I don't even like Macklemore and I usually avoid just about anything from this genre, but I actually like this song! The chorus is mainly what does it for me and the instrumental itself is pretty good.

Last edited:
Ropes and Chains by Homegrown Family.

This one is a guilty pleasure for me because I don't even like Homegrown Family, but I love this song! While I still don't think their voices sound all that great as I said here, heck Shawty V's voice sounds even worse than it did in "Yee Yee", the lyrics and instrumental track are sooo good it pretty much overshadows it. It's just a fun little song to listen to for me and this is coming from a guy that doesn't even like them.

The only thing that really brings it down for me is the fact it's by Homegrown Family, because once again I don't think they sound all that good and the way the song ends, I wished they had repeated the chorus one last time before ending it. I'd love to see someone else cover this song, someone like Colt Ford and Sarah Ross, because I feel it would be pretty epic.

The remix of this song is absolute garbage. While it still has the same lyrics, it's just way different and way less enjoyable to listen to compared to this.

Last edited:
Over and Over by Nelly featuring Tim McGraw.

This one has been a guilty pleasure for me since it came out back in 2004 and still persists as one to this day. I can remember as a kid, I didn't care much for anything outside of country music and would gloss over pretty much anything that wasn't, but then I heard this song on CMT and was actually pretty interested in it despite my family feeling otherwise. Going off memory, I think I liked it since it was different from everything else I had heard at the time, I felt it was cool to see a rap artist in a country song (or what I considered as one at the time anyhow) and generally I was always happy to hear it. So much so, I can remember hearing this song at a restaurant once and then deliberately getting another slice of pizza, even though I didn't actually want it, just to delay my mom long enough so I could hear it.

Nowadays, for personal reasons, I tend to avoid associating with rap artists and/or their music and it's very rare I ever do otherwise, you could say I was all about it at one point in my teen years and later changed my mind. However, this is a song I can still get a kick out of even now and I have no issue listening to it whatsoever. I considered it as a country song when I was kid, I guess because of it being on CMT, Tim McGraw being in the song, and I think even country radio stations playing it. However, looking at it now, it seems more like an R&B song more than anything. Despite this though, I still have it cataloged in my brain as a country song even though it isn't one, I guess because I've associated it as such for so long. In fact, you could mix it in with some country songs in a playlist and I wouldn't think much of it. This is probably one of the guilty pleasures I have had for the longest time out of anything I can think of.

I don't listen to Nelly all that much though, but I do appreciate him as an artist as a result of this song. In fact, I was pretty amused to see him featured in some of Florida Georgia Line's songs and upon looking just now, I found yet another one that was released 4 days ago and I can honestly say I'm interested in listening to it.

Last edited:
Guiltiest of guiltiest pleasures...

80's pop/EDM/metalcore and somehow it still works:lol:

The video is just a work of art...:bowdown:

Last edited:

Me in the car:

Jk3QBcG.gif

Raise Your Glass by P!nk.

Never have liked P!nk as an artist, I generally didn't like her voice and found some of her songs annoying, but this however, I absolutely love! :D While I have known about it since it was new, I for a long time didn't think much of it. However, I overheard it on some soap opera my mom watches about a year ago and for some reason, it hit differently than it did before and overtime it just grew on me and I wanted to listen to it more and more. Eventually, I did in January of this year and not only did I love it despite not liking the artist, but I got it stuck in my head for the rest of the day and it took what was already a good day for me and made it what is easily the best day in 2021 I have had so far! :)

Funny how things change overtime. Still not crazy about P!nk as an artist, but I totally love this song and could listen to it any day of the week. 👍

Last edited:
I have two tracks which came about the same time and I have no idea why the struck a chord with me. I don’t tend to stray over to commercial pop music as such.

Low Man’s Lyric by Metallica.

Not an advocate for Metallica at all, their music is generally not my style, but I love this song! It's not at all what I'd expect from them and I feel it's a good change of pace. It's a nice relaxing song that helps calm my nerves after something has happened and it's one I thoroughly enjoy listening to despite not caring for them as a band. I discovered this one about 4 years ago while looking for some obscure country songs and this just happened to show up in an article I read. I don't quite understand how this song is supposed to be "country" like whoever wrote the article said and unfortunately I cannot find the article anymore, but I know one thing, I am soooo glad I found it! :D

Last edited:
Absolute soft spot for the Girls of DREAM. Still 20 years later absolutely salty Diddy axed them after 2-3 songs.

Everything so late 90s, early 2000s. Girls in crop tops + baggy pants, group dancing, r&b + pop music style and sometimes a rapper in it for a "feature" (think the goat Mariah C. made that a big thing in the 90s).

For a long time, I have always been a little weird about songs that have bad words in the very title, this being one of the most notorious instances for me, yet curiously I have little issue with this one. 🤔 I believe the reason for it was because when it came out, I was young and only ever heard it on the radio, which censored that word out, something I was unaware of. It wasn't until years later I realized what its full title was and by then it would seem I had developed a strong enough attachment to the song, not even the revelation of its suggestive title could change that.

It's a guilty pleasure for me because it's one of these songs that really shouldn't be a favorite of mine at all, yet it managed to hack its way into my mind and become one when it otherwise wouldn't have. Probably the one and only instance of this to ever happen for me.

Last edited:
Delta Goodrem... She's good but no wait Bullet For My Valentine and other "emo" music is way more of a guilty pleasure. Just stuff that is so crass and vile. It's good to decompress to. Get some of that catharsis

Last edited:
So Savannah Dexter is an artist who I recently learned about and I don't have a very high opinion of her. I gave her music a chance, but I cannot be bothered to sit through most of her videos and I generally get bad vibes from her. Everything from her voice to her lyrics, composition, and how she portrays herself in her videos, I don't like this gal much at all.

However, in spite of all that, I actually like these 2 songs right much:

While I know music is subjective and I can understand why one would dislike these artists, I think this song gets more hate than it deserves. I feel like a lot of it is just people parroting what Ryan Upchurch said in his reaction video to the song and the fact he and Brabo Gator had a beef with each other once and not much else. I will admit though, I'd hesitate to call it "Country" as it's listed in iTunes and it's a bit too short, but I still think it's pretty decent despite my dislike for the artist.

This is another I can honestly say I like and one that caught me by surprise.

This one is like the aforementioned "Low Mans Lyric" by Metallica in the sense that it's not at all what I expect from the artist and it seems kind of out of character but in a good way! I want to like Savannah Dexter more and if she could just drop the rap elements, stop trying to be hardcore in most of her music, and make more stuff like this, I'd probably listen to her more often.

She has a few others I found to be pretty inoffensive and maybe I need to listen to them more, but I find these to be my 2 favorites, and the rest I don't care for.

Last edited:
So I talked about this in another thread recently, but this is another I could add here. Although I am not too sure how I feel about Limp Bizkit as a whole, I am partial to this song, mainly because I grew up listening to it since my cousin was into WWE long ago and played it on his burned CDs often. Although the instrumental track kicks tail, I think it's mostly a nostalgia thing because I am not sure how I'd feel if I were to try to get into it nowadays. Won't lie though, I really like how they're performing on the observation deck of the South Tower and I wish they had more shots of it and less of the dance floor.

Truth be told, although I have known about the song for over a decade now, it wasn't until recently I realized Limp Bizkit was the artist. My cousin never told me it was by him and I never looked into it, but it was actually through a post here on GTP I did. As a result of this revelation though, it has led to me finding more songs by him that I have come to like quite a bit as of recent.

Starting with this one, a portion of this song is heard at the beginning of the video for "Rollin" and although we don't hear much of it in the video, it still piqued my interest enough to look it up. So I did and I was not disappointed! While the intro was alright I guess, the chorus is extremely catchy and I could listen to it on repeat for quite a while, it's just that good. :D

While I have mixed feelings about the first one and like parts of the 2nd one, I love this one wholeheartedly.

Much like "My Generation", it was because of "Rollin" I found out about this song. I clicked on this video recently thinking it was an instrumental of "Rollin", only to find out it wasn't and clicked off afterward. Although I only heard 2 seconds of it, I was immediately intrigued by it. So I decided to listen to the entire song and was absolutely mesmerized by it! This one is possibly my most favorite one from them. It's just so immersive to me, especially with that guitar we hear at the very beginning and the fact theirs less language is another thing I really like. I can see why other songs by Limp Bizkit wouldn't vibe well with some but this is one of these where if they didn't like this one, I'd be tempted to ask why.

And lastly, theirs this one. Heard it in a YouTube short that someone made of their top 10 songs from them and this was another that piqued my interest. Simply put, this one is just very catchy and it hits hard, like "My Generation".

Of course, I have listened to some other songs by them, but these are what vibed with me the most. The Urban Assault Vehicle version of "Rollin", while it had some sick beats, I generally didn't care for it, didn't like "Nookie" much at all, and "Break Stuff" just didn't quite do it for me. While I have heard the name Limp Bizkit before long ago, I never really paid much attention to them until now and I must say, their music has caught me by surprise and I am glad I gave them a chance! 👍 I am considering looking into them even more and see what else catches my attention. 😎

Last edited:
So I talked about this in another thread recently, but this is another I could add here. Although I am not too sure how I feel about Limp Bizkit as a whole, I am partial to this song, mainly because I grew up listening to it since my cousin was into WWE long ago and played it on his burned CDs often. Although the instrumental track kicks tail, I think it's mostly a nostalgia thing because I am not sure how I'd feel if I were to try to get into it nowadays. Won't lie though, I really like how they're performing on the observation deck of the South Tower and I wish they had more shots of it and less of the dance floor.

Truth be told, although I have known about the song for over a decade now, it wasn't until recently I realized Limp Bizkit was the artist. My cousin never told me it was by him and I never looked into it, but it was actually through a post here on GTP I did. As a result of this revelation though, it has led to me finding more songs by him that I have come to like quite a bit as of recent.

Starting with this one, a portion of this song is heard at the beginning of the video for "Rollin" and although we don't hear much of it in the video, it still piqued my interest enough to look it up. So I did and I was not disappointed! While the intro was alright I guess, the chorus is extremely catchy and I could listen to it on repeat for quite a while, it's just that good. :D

While I have mixed feelings about the first one and like parts of the 2nd one, I love this one wholeheartedly.

Much like "My Generation", it was because of "Rollin" I found out about this song. I clicked on this video recently thinking it was an instrumental of "Rollin", only to find out it wasn't and clicked off afterward. Although I only heard 2 seconds of it, I was immediately intrigued by it. So I decided to listen to the entire song and was absolutely mesmerized by it! This one is possibly my most favorite one from them. It's just so immersive to me, especially with that guitar we hear at the very beginning and the fact theirs less language is another thing I really like. I can see why other songs by Limp Bizkit wouldn't vibe well with some but this is one of these where if they didn't like this one, I'd be tempted to ask why.

Yay I'm not the only one who likes these songs!

With all the comments that came after I made that post in that thread I mentioned, it's not just limited to us it would seem. :P

Last edited:
Back