Your honest opinion about your expectations

• Thread starter LeStique
  • 320 comments

What are you expecting from GT6?

• PD will not have learned from GT5's flaws and will deliver a product not near the industry's standar

Votes: 79 33.8%
  • They will have learned and deliver GT6 up to todays standard

Votes: 42 17.9%
  • They will have learned and have listened to user wishes

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • They will have learned but they will screw up something else (comment)

Votes: 60 25.6%
  • No matter what: Sony will rush them into releasing GT6 unfinished

Votes: 28 12.0%

• Total voters
SimonK
Be careful criticising Kaz guys, his friend another jakhole will smell it out and go on the defensive again.

Not really criticising just stating that success or failure will be pointed at him.

IMO, KY won't get fired unless GT somehow doesn't make money.

Even if it takes 20 years to come out, if it makes great enough money, they'll do it again the same crappy way.

dudejo
IMO, KY won't get fired unless GT somehow doesn't make money.

Even if it takes 20 years to come out, if it makes great enough money, they'll do it again the same crappy way.

Im not saying he will get fired but success or failure rests on his shoulders if gt6 succeeds then he will deserve the credit. If it fails then he would have to wear that as well.

I expect Gran Turismo 6 to be a great game now based on the recent news I've seen and heard about Gran Turismo, I bet it'll be better than GT5.

I'm hoping that PD just imports their GT5 premium car models to the next game and just programs some new cars up to that quality (maybe slightly better). If they do that, there could be possibly up to at least 570 fully-detailed cars with great interior views in the next GT (700-800 cars at the most).

I can't envision GT6 being any worse than GT5. I still feel that PD and KAZ will not implement certain features that we've wanted for years, and that will definitely rile up people. So, I am remaining cautiously optimistic. Emphasis is on cautious.

If I keep seeing Gran Turismo videos that show new courses like the NSX Concept and Corvette C7 videos, my expectations will become more positive than they are now.

"No matter what: Sony will rush them into releasing GT6 unfinished."

This. I do have high expectations for GT6 but we must remember that PD are a company that likes to take their time and perfect everything (well at least in the way they see things as perfect), and GT5 was released a little bit earlier than PD would have hoped. I also recall Kaz admitting that he wished he had more time to work on GT5, because Sony rushed them. I really hope Sony doesn't rush them again as it will only end up GT6 being even worse that GT5.

GT5: Prologue released 2007 (Japan) and they had 3 years until 2010! They made less than 150 cars & some tracks in 3 years & if Sony allowed them to release GT5 in any time, maybe we didnt have this game until now!!!
I think any publisher except Sony would force them to make 3 games this generation but PD made only 1 game. a game that I loved it and spent lots of time on it, but it was full of mistakes.

I'm under the firm impression that there are features of GT6 that have been in development since (after) GT4. So I don't believe many aspects of the game will come off as un-polished, if any at all. I'm still curious as to what happened to Pikes Peak.

As for my expectations, anything can be better than GT5. In fact, they can improve GT5 purely through re-implementing (updated) old features and content that was in previous GT's and I'd love it. The one thing I'd be most disappointed with is if a number of things that we see in trailers and other non-interactive media (hinted, previewed or otherwise) are not utilized in some form in the next GT. I'd love to see photo locations using areas and scenes that have been used in the trailers, not to mention special graphical effects and enhancements for photos (time lapse) and multiple cars posing, like the waiting screen in GT5 that has the SEMA winners and the RE Amemiya RX-7, not to mention the warehouse they're all parked in.

Last edited:
I'm expecting to read this future headline in gtplanet:

"Kazunori Yamauchi, the creator of the Gran Turismo series, announces, 'Stuttgart will be well represented in Gran Turismo Six...'"

I'm expecting to read this future headline in gtplanet:

"Kazunori Yamauchi, the creator of the Gran Turismo series, announces, 'Stuttgart will be well represented in Gran Turismo Six...'"

Elockedtronic Arts, won't happen.

I'm almost about to consider the Gran Turismo series dead.

They have a console to work with, and many hours and hours of programming work, but their stuff still seemed worse than Race '07, which I'm currently enjoying. Not to mention those who actually enjoy iRacing's poor selection of cars, and what they have...

They dropped the ball way back, and it rolled down a hill... But, that hill turned out to be more like Mt. Everest, and they definitely can't try to catch back up to that ball.

Yes, you read it right, though. A game from 2007, made by a handful of Swedes is noticeably better than something that Sony clearly had a hand in funding for. Race '07 has AI that isn't stuck on a track. It has AI that puts up a fight. It has flags/rules. It has evenly matched cars. It has AI that's fast enough to keep up with me, and even beat me (on their percentage scale, I'm at about 95% difficulty.)

If PD spent any amount of time updating the A.I. (that seems honestly reminiscent of Gran Turismo 1's A.I., only worse/slower,) into the 21st century, maybe everything would still be okay.

PD has good tracks. Madrid, Tokyo, Grand Valley etc., can be fun tracks. They just need to bring the racing to life. The races are dull.

see its the people that d ride PD is wats making the standards fall but i think kaz know the true fans didnt really enjoy gt5 and he now has to make the decision of pleasing the core audience or pleasing the millions of noobs

Definitely there are all positives about GT. I'm one of those who initially bought GTPSP. I was able to transfer my cars, but thought they would be premium and useable in both GT & Arcade modes. The online community is large and they are managing it wel( its not a full on PC so I think it is an incredible job to get it working right in the first). Many people with questions and those new to the series have loads of support from those in the know from forums like these.

We all have hopes and opinions, that's basically why we reply to these threads. It's just that waiting game we thought would be over as technology advanced.

Asking for a game after 6 years is not rushing someone.

Technically no, but if Sony are trying to make PD release GT6 when they're not entirely ready then at least in my opinion that is considering rushing someone. But at the other extreme it's not rushing someone after a certain number of years have passed. If GT6 has been in development for 6 years, I'd give it probably about 1-3 more.

I know the game is unfinished and has many errors and feels like a giant test, I agree with all this very much.

But what bugs me is how people say that Kaz should be fired for this, etc.

I know that he's responsible for the success or failure of the game, but I mean give him a break. He makes 4 games that have pioneering features (photo mode ) and set the standard for future games (graphics, cars), and now that he has 1 game which was incomplete at launch (PD have done so much to fix so many different areas in this game to make it feel more complete, give them credit for that) that you're now suggesting that he should be fired?

I'm not going to deny that if GT6 is the same, then the fate of the series might be on the line. But really people, 2 years of endless complaints on a game which is still getting DLC and physics updates 2 years after its release (and for free at that) give the man some credit, it's not like he isn't trying.

I'm thinking IMO that they'll fix some things but forget and repackage other issues I've had, like the ridiculous camera angles of cars in dealerships, to the ultra-slow and complicated menus. However, I'm actually undecided of what mistake will reappear.

Back