Your love for Forza vs your disgust of MS...

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 150 comments
I don't have to make up squat. Microsoft is it's own minefield of bad publicity, and the scary thing is they act like it doesn't matter. They just throw money and spokespeople at every issue until it's smothered.

Hmmm, want to rethink that?

Absolutely brilliant news everyone. We only have our voices and Sony to thank for this!👍

I can now buy an Xbox and F5! :)

Yes, the DRM and check-in reversal is great news. Now if Fanatec and MS can come together with an affordable solution for existing wheel owners then I'll be on board for Forza 5.

Yes, the DRM and check-in reversal is great news. Now if Fanatec and MS can come together with an affordable solution for existing wheel owners then I'll be on board for Forza 5.

Same here. Super happy about this news. But sadly, if the current Fanatec wheels do not work with the Xbox One, it will be a number of years before I get the console. I do not plan on replacing my CSR anytime soon.

Can someone fill me in. I'm at work sneaking around and I acnt spend much time browsing around freely if you get what I mean :P

Basically, Microsoft has dropped its DRM policies and required always online check-in. So same to what Sony has done with its PS4.

Basically, Microsoft has dropped its DRM policies and required always online check-in. So same to what Sony has done with its PS4.

Or to put it simpler: as far as policies go, this is Xbox 360, Part 2.

Well thats some good news, it hasnt swayed me here or there as I was planning on getting it one sooner or later ( most likely sooner.) Well selling games would be bad for me because I tend to get rid of a game that I liked, and instantly regret it :( I'm not looking forward to that. :lol:

Or to put it simpler: as far as policies go, this is Xbox 360, Part 2.

It's funny you mention that. I was just telling a friend last night (after all the disgust over Microsoft's Xbox One policies) that all I wanted was a next gen Xbox 360. I just didn't realize Sony would be the one making it.

Now it's back to a 2.5 horse race.

Same here, I have a TurboS and a CSR Elite don't really want to buy a new wheel and do not want to play with a controller. Maybe there is hope for us yet :)

While an XBone is now worth considering, it's still a $500 console that requires a $xxx HDTV purchase for me to even use it. My "love for Forza" has endured, but I won't be able to afford it for a long while. I can deal with that.

It's just a relief to know that future Forza games won't be burdened with those insane policies.

While an XBone is now worth considering, it's still a $500 console that requires a $xxx HDTV purchase for me to even use it. My "love for Forza" has endured, but I won't be able to afford it for a long while. I can deal with that.

It's just a relief to know that future Forza games won't be burdened with those insane policies.

Honestly, it still blows my mind that you don't have an HDTV :lol:

I have a 27"(?) HD Hanspree monitor literally collecting dust in my basement. Pay the shipping and it's yours 👍

I think it's time to forget about this thread. And yes. Yes. I agree.
Forced by the public, a win for the gamer community on the net vs a company's greed.

BUT the damage is done; they worsened the bad rep they already had and many will 1: never trust them anymore and 2: already have made up their mind and switched to PS4...

I'm just gonna wait some time; i figure they will be forced to drop the price some time after the launch, as sales figures will never amount to what they had hoped for after the fiasco that was E3, loosing many of their customers out of disgust.

So then; somewhere in the future i will buy a cheap Xbone, buy a second hand copy of FM5 and unplug the entire thing from the electricity whenever i'm not using it as i don't trust Hal spying on me :lol:

So then; somewhere in the future i will buy a cheap Xbone, buy a second hand copy of FM5 and unplug the entire thing from the electricity whenever i'm not using it as i don't trust Hal spying on me :lol:
Well considering you dont have to have an internet connection whatsoever now, other then on the initial start up, I wouldnt see why the whole fiasco about the camera is even going on anymore.

If your really that worried about it, Start up your xbox, sync it online, and then unplug your ethernet cable/block the xbox from your router.

it's still a $500 console that requires a $xxx HDTV purchase for me to even use it.
I have a 27"(?) HD Hanspree monitor literally collecting dust in my basement. Pay the shipping and it's yours 👍
So, after measuring it, it's more like 23-24", but it is full HD with built-in speakers, so running an HDMI to it would be all you have to do. If you want it, like I said, pay shipping & it's yours. Otherwise, let me know that you don't want it, and I'll send it to phil 👍

So, after measuring it, it's more like 23-24", but it is full HD with built-in speakers, so running an HDMI to it would be all you have to do. If you want it, like I said, pay shipping & it's yours. Otherwise, let me know that you don't want it, and I'll send it to phil 👍

👍👍

Good on you.

That's very generous of you, HighSeasHoMastr. I've never had a TV that wasn't handed down or picked off of a curb, so yours would fit the pattern. :lol:

Unfortunately, with a Wii and PS2 on the entertainment center, plus an N64, SNES, Genesis, and NES laying around, an HD monitor would have to serve as a secondary display rather than replacing what I've got; I need analog inputs, plural. You can go ahead and send it to Phil, I think he would get more out of it than me. I appreciate the offer. 👍

Well considering you dont have to have an internet connection whatsoever now, other then on the initial start up, I wouldnt see why the whole fiasco about the camera is even going on anymore.

If your really that worried about it, Start up your xbox, sync it online, and then unplug your ethernet cable/block the xbox from your router.
Ok true: but let's agree it's quite sad that you would have to take precautionary measures for a device you buy for your own lliving room no haha?

When you sync it online, it becomes self aware!

The majority of people aren't paranoid enough to need to take precautions with kinect. So no, it's not sad because to most people, including me, it's not even an issue.

move the kinect from the meth lab to your living room and you should be okay. seriously, if you are that paranoid why do you even connect to the internet or have a cell phone?

It's bringing in a sophisticated spy in your own house; it can see and hear all you do in the finest detail and it will mostly be on standby (unless you unplug it), so it can hear the "xbox on" command...

If you are all that comfortable with it go ahead, but it creeps me out that it has this ability to monitor what you do the whole time. Calling my kind of reaction paranoid is a bit over the top in that regard, as many people feel uncomfortable with it and justly so.

move the kinect from the meth lab to your living room and you should be okay. seriously, if you are that paranoid why do you even connect to the internet or have a cell phone?
I hope you are being sarcastic here :lol:; if one (hacker-government) would want to see my internet traffic it will only see which sites i surf to and which emails i receive, for a phone it can monitor what i say only when i make a call, and the inside of my pocket isn't really that exciting neither.
This kinect thing tough can track all i say when i'm home, and even see me sitting in front of the telly in my undies or see me doing the hot stuff with the misses... so there is a big difference.

Last edited:
"Cell phone users, beware. The FBI can listen to everything you say, even when the cell phone is turned off. A recent court ruling in a case against the Genovese crime family revealed that the FBI has the ability from a remote location to activate a cell phone and turn its microphone into a listening device that transmits to an FBI listening post, a method known as a "roving bug." Experts say the only way to defeat it is to remove the cell phone battery."

Either throw away all of your electronics or let's just drop this conversation.

Back