Your marketing idea of GT7

• Thread starter Mulan
  • 47 comments
Sweden
GOTHEBURG
What would you put as primary features to sell GT7 and convince Kaz?
What features should be there and what would you put as to be updated with later. All to sell as many copies as possible and remain as real as possible.
Now, many have complained on gt6 and how it really should be done. Well be a Marketing manager and set the unique selling points (USP) from your wishes that you think will sell. Normally it is 3-5 points. There is of course more stuff told but theese should be the points people should easyle see.
Lets see whitch Usp gets most likes = sells most games.

Ps: A tip is to try to keep it to the known features, promissed gt6 features and realistic even if unsure ps4 features (a bit of fantasy here).
But no rules of features, just be creative.

Mine for example:
Gt7 the real racing simulator
24 player online racing
Cars in Full HD resolution
Realistic Sounds and effects
Real time weather simulation

Last edited:
Do a bunch of gameplay trailers, just like Project CARS. Obviously, PD will be making them, but still...

I think, GT7 would even sell just because of PS4 and its processing power: maybe more cars and more weather effects. That's it.

At the E3 Kazunori would walk in the middle of the Forza 6 presentation. Everybody would burst in applauses and then he just grins, keeping silent. Walking away he holds seven fingers. A statue of a RedBull X2015 is carried into the Playstation Pabillon. It explodes into panphlets. They say: "Now without delays"

For me, a simple livery editor and throw it in people's faces.
Say, an amount of pre-set liveries designed by PD themselves (to avoid profanity designs online) and we have free reign to colour them how we see fit. It can be limited to Base Model Race Cars and possibly Street Cars to provide us a reason to actually buy a Base Model car.

A close example would be similar to the one seen in the GRID games. All they'd have to do is rip it off somewhat and there are some great results to be had.

Example Picture from my GRID 2.
2eajy8k.jpg

Pre-set design created by Codemasters but coloured in by me to my liking.

I talk to a few Xbox players and a main thing that comes up with why they don't want GT is because of the lack of customisation on the cars. So adding a limited Livery Editor (as mentioned) for a first title and to build upon for later titles will bring people over from Xbox. Especially as the Xbox One is still more expensive than the PS4 and some people may be forced to get a PS4 instead of the Xbox through finances. Adding this simple feature will sell more copies almost instantly on that one basis alone.

Then just advertise the tits off it with glitter.

I have other ideas too but my post is long enough already. :D

I personally really want to see the VR working properly. That alone will take drifting to another level.

But otherwise...

Considering GT sponsers D1, and the fact there is a considerable drifting scene in GT, some proper drifting content ;

• All layouts of Ebisu
  • More premium D1 cars (4 atleast, like the WRC cars with GT5)
  • Full suspension and tyre adjustment (wheel offset, castor adjustment, steering lock adjustment, steering rack rate adjustment, tyre pressures, tyre profile, all working as they would be expected to)
  • A better points system (ideally one that doesnt let me keep my score when I get crazy understeer or snap back, but takes my score away if I go for a huge reverse entry....)
  • The ability to install a 'locked' diff, that is clearly marked as such (like the 1 way and 1.5 way non adjustable from gt4 or 5)
That should keep the drifting scene happy.

I would also personally love the ability to have a battered drift car, held together with zip ties, bumpers hanging off :D

Not be rude or bashful, but why are we talking about selling points and features of GT7 when GT6 still hasn't been fully completed? GT6 hasn't even been out for a full 5 months yet. I normally expect the life cycle of GT games to be 1-2 years at the minimum.

Honestly by focusing on GT7 like this, I feel like we're giving PD the impression that we are perfectly okay with them giving us a half finished game, cutting off all communication with us, and moving in the shadows.

Not be rude or bashful, but why are we talking about selling points and features of GT7 when GT6 still hasn't been fully completed? GT6 hasn't even been out for a full 5 months yet. I normally expect the life cycle of GT games to be 1-2 years at the minimum.

Honestly by focusing on GT7 like this, I feel like we're giving PD the impression that we are perfectly okay with them giving us a half finished game, cutting off all communication with us, and moving in the shadows.

The scary thing is, some people here are.

What would you put as primary features to sell GT7 and convince Kaz?
What features should be there and what would you put as to be updated with later. All to sell as many copies as possible and remain as real as possible.
Now, many have complained on gt6 and how it really should be done. Well be a Marketing manager and set the unique selling points (USP) from your wishes that you think will sell. Normally it is 3-5 points. There is of course more stuff told but theese should be the points people should easyle see.
Lets see whitch Usp gets most likes = sells most games.

Ps: A tip is to try to keep it to the known features, promissed gt6 features and realistic even if unsure ps4 features (a bit of fantasy here).
But no rules of features, just be creative.

Mine for example:
Gt7 the real racing simulator
24 player online racing
Cars in Full HD resolution
Realistic Sounds and effects
Real time weather simulation

You don't mean PS2 cars........ right? :ill::indiff:

Ok,

Gt7:

All the promised features for gt6.

1500 cars

101 tracks

*to be released in a future update.

Lol

Ok,

Gt7:

All the promised features for gt6.

1500 cars

101 tracks

*to be released in a future update.

Lol

God no. You and i both know that PD is not gonna turn up 1500 premium cars. which means only one thing. :banghead:🤬 more like 600 premium cars would be a more realistic dream. :rolleyes:

GT7. "The re-release of all the former titles rolled into one all at 1080i." All the tracks, all the cars, all the features from previous games. No credits or levels. Everything unlocked from the beginning. Have fun in your new digital track playground.

God no. You and i both know that PD is not gonna turn up 1500 premium cars. which means only one thing. :banghead:🤬 more like 600 premium cars would be a more realistic dream. :rolleyes:
Out of context, where did I say they were all premium?

That.s my point? Which then means your ok with standards in GT7 on the PS4....
I could really care less about gt7, because I'm not about to go drop $500 on a new console for a new game that will be even more half muled than gt6. Sure things are missing and such, I'm overall happy with gt6. But why spend that kind of cash on "to be finished in a later update".

New features should be the selling point this time.

Realism in Gran Turismo is spectacular, but we've had enough of "hey guess what, GT6 = real life, lawl". We get it, Gran Turismo is supposed to be close to real life in terms of driving, but how about showcasing the new features a lot more to show that Gran Turismo has something new, something better to offer?

PD, give us and other people a good an outstanding reason to buy GT7. Not just because it's realistic.

Back