• 47 comments
Mine for example:
Gt7 the real racing simulator
24 player online racing
Cars in Full HD resolution
Realistic Sounds and effects
Real time weather simulation
* to be released at a later date *

That's the only way to make it realistic, when talking about PD.

Yes if it gets good review and people read them. Otherwise it is retailers that need to buy the games and sell them on own risk. Releasedate success is important. If it doesnt sell good first 2 weeks its done. After that it must be cheaper and even if it starts to sell ok its not enough (retailers dont want to bind capital on stock).
So sorry to say it, but today its not enough. Still advirtisement is important perhaps even more so in fast moving economy.

What would you put as primary features to sell GT7 and convince Kaz?

So..., essentially this is where we list what's been wrong with GT thus far and missing thus far as things we want them to fix for GT7.

The Gran Turismo franchise's glory days wherein it was the top racing series available for game consoles are long, long gone, and this will never improve until certain things are fixed. The best physics in the world don't matter if the rest of the product is mediocre. The most massive car list in the world is underwhelming if most of it is clearly outdated, sub-par, recycled content (like 80% of the cars in GT5.) Looking pretty (regarding the new content, as content from previous generations aren't pretty) is offset by sounding like crap. Going through a list and ticking the check boxes for the short list of minimum requirements for being a driving game while doing little in the way of going above and beyond the basics doesn't make for a genre-leading product.

• No recycled car models. This means no 1000+ cars because they can't produce anywhere near that many cars from scratch in under a decade, especially not at a PS4 detail level. Kids will have to suffer crying about 100 or 200 cars, but at least they will be proper PS4 car models and not old sub-par junk imported from a decade earlier. PS3 content won't even cut it.
  • Proper car audio. As long as people can mock the cars for sounding like vacuum cleaners, it's hard for people to respect the game.
  • Actual racing. No rolling starts; at least not unless it's replicating a real-world series that actually uses rolling starts. No parade of cars strung out half a mile ahead of you and you being tasked with just casually driving by them one-by-one. We need standing grid starts and AI that acts more like humans and less like robots intending to simply pose as mobile chicanes.
  • Features beyond just physics, cars, and tracks. This means stuff like the long-desired livery editor.
  • Mechanical damage available in all game modes. If you aren't at least making some sort of effort at simulating what happens when a car smashes into another car or into a wall, you aren't a simulator. Period. Inaccurate damage is still more realistic than none at all.
  • Get rid of tedious bullcrap. Oil changes add absolutely nothing to anyone's gameplay experience. We know cars need oil, just as they need a lot of other maintenance. Why stop at oil changes? Why not make us replace spark plugs, wiper blades, brake pads, worn tires, transmission fluid, brake fluid, et cetera? Oh, and don't forget that we need to put fuel into the tank. Maybe we could not just wash the exterior but also vacuum the interior. Heck, we already have the vacuum sound effects.

So..., essentially this is where we list what's been wrong with GT thus far and missing thus far as things we want them to fix for GT7.

The Gran Turismo franchise's glory days wherein it was the top racing series available for game consoles are long, long gone, and this will never improve until certain things are fixed. The best physics in the world don't matter if the rest of the product is mediocre. The most massive car list in the world is underwhelming if most of it is clearly outdated, sub-par, recycled content (like 80% of the cars in GT5.) Looking pretty (regarding the new content, as content from previous generations aren't pretty) is offset by sounding like crap. Going through a list and ticking the check boxes for the short list of minimum requirements for being a driving game while doing little in the way of going above and beyond the basics doesn't make for a genre-leading product.

• No recycled car models. This means no 1000+ cars because they can't produce anywhere near that many cars from scratch in under a decade, especially not at a PS4 detail level. Kids will have to suffer crying about 100 or 200 cars, but at least they will be proper PS4 car models and not old sub-par junk imported from a decade earlier. PS3 content won't even cut it.
  • Proper car audio. As long as people can mock the cars for sounding like vacuum cleaners, it's hard for people to respect the game.
  • Actual racing. No rolling starts; at least not unless it's replicating a real-world series that actually uses rolling starts. No parade of cars strung out half a mile ahead of you and you being tasked with just casually driving by them one-by-one. We need standing grid starts and AI that acts more like humans and less like robots intending to simply pose as mobile chicanes.
  • Features beyond just physics, cars, and tracks. This means stuff like the long-desired livery editor.
  • Mechanical damage available in all game modes. If you aren't at least making some sort of effort at simulating what happens when a car smashes into another car or into a wall, you aren't a simulator. Period. Inaccurate damage is still more realistic than none at all.
  • Get rid of tedious bullcrap. Oil changes add absolutely nothing to anyone's gameplay experience. We know cars need oil, just as they need a lot of other maintenance. Why stop at oil changes? Why not make us replace spark plugs, wiper blades, brake pads, worn tires, transmission fluid, brake fluid, et cetera? Oh, and don't forget that we need to put fuel into the tank. Maybe we could not just wash the exterior but also vacuum the interior. Heck, we already have the vacuum sound effects.
The thing is the physics really aren't that good either. Gt was good when there was no competition, now there just riding the success of there past. Thats not gonna cut it anymore. The game needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom, driving physics included.

Yes, but how do you market it. If you are the head of marketing at PD and your job is to sell games what do you put on the cover of the game? This is the time you can decide! What USP would sell the game and make people actually play it and spread the word. Would you write: olichanges are now superfast and buying cars takes no more time than driving them anymore.

gt6-logo.gif

If I made an advertisement, GT7 would probably need these elements to show why it is the absolute perfect racing game.

- Awesome car sounds
- Realistic driving physics
- Judas Priest and Feeder back in the soundtrack
- Daytime/Nighttime, Weather transitions for all tracks.
- Only 50 Japanese cars that people care about (RX-7, Monster truck Tohoma with Nitrous) and the rest to be cars people care about like BMW E30 and V8s for racing on Bathurst.
- A-Spec has 2000 races including endurance races.
- A.I. at Ayrton Senna's level
- Tanks at Matterhorn
- Drive-bys at Special Stage Route 11
- Playboy magazine unlockables
- Races on the moon and Mars with any car.
- No more standards
- Drag Racing
- Route X speed tests return
- Every track from previous Gran Turismos return in updated form.
- Rated AO
- Realistic damage where cars can explode

Awesome.

personally I think it would be wise for kaz and crew to just keep focused on their promised content for gt6 and deliver on that before even thinking about the next game.If I were a developer even with kaz's leeway I would keep GT6 as my primary focus still have maybe 1 to 5% of my human resources on GT7 but keep 99-95% for gt6 until that is caught up.I can nearly guarantee that kaz's philosophy of one person one car is helping and also hindering the game making process.It helps because the detail each car is getting,it hurts due to the length of time to complete each car.

The only way to market GT7 is to finish GT6, and give us the finished game without charging us for it again.

If I don't get what was promised in GT6 I will never give PD another penny.

When marketing GT7 (not GT7P), post video's of each feature you (PD) say will be in the game on your YT account or in the GT official website. So that we know it's there and not a fairytale.

God no. You and i both know that PD is not gonna turn up 1500 premium cars. which means only one thing. :banghead:🤬 more like 600 premium cars would be a more realistic dream. :rolleyes:

I would love it more than anything that PD retain the vast library of cars they have.. of course I mean high-polygon varients. :crazy: Major problem: we can't time-travel. But PD could outsource this 'simple' repetitive task (most respect to modlers) once and for all and get all these beautiful cars up to date. I think being able to claim let's say 1000 HD cars would be a great selling feature. Many many of us, especially those 30+ would be thankful that cars we grew up alongside with, the everyday sedans, hatches and various 'insignificant' low-powered cars and all those concepts and other cool long-forgotten sportcars that look awesome and unique in relation to the modern cars are a huge part of car enthusiasm and culture are in the game still. Just being able to stare at these in high-res and racing them on track would be something that would keep GT on top.

Actually another major problem would then be car sounds.. if PD concentrate on re-doing sounds I'm not sure a split audio engine could run along one another, a vaccum car beside one with real depth would sound strange. They would probably have to revisit many cars if they want accuracy.. time time time.. it will be too bad to lose all the PS2 cars forever that's for sure.

Last edited:
When marketing GT7 (not GT7P), post video's of each feature you (PD) say will be in the game on your YT account or in the GT official website. So that we know it's there and not a fairytale.
Sure but you still sell most games
in shops. You need nice package with some kind of car in front i guess (not sure if only cars will be in GT7) and features on the backside. In stores that have possibility gamedemo will run or videos. With exposure it sells more that way especially after releaseday. Even better is to have shortage of games on releaseday and make people wait to get a copy...build up the hype before release. Now they have started it with small mentions of gt7 here and there.

Latest Posts

Back