Your most Amazing pass

Although in GT4 passing doesent really seem to be that hard to do, every now and then you will pull off a pass that simply amazes yourself. For me I enjoy trying to pass in corners or sections where you would normally think you could not make a pass work (think F1 2005 Suzuka Alonso vs. Schumi @ 130R)

Two of my favorites are:

My friend actually passed me and pulled it off amazingly well. On Tokyo R246 in that quick right to left section with the red pavement. That section of the track for the most part only has one line to take and passing is not done there. Well my friend managed to pull it off in a Formula GT car none the less. I was amazed ands had to pause the game at that point. I wish I saved the replay of it.

In terms of a great pass i pulled off was on Autumn Ring in Arcade mode. I was in a S2000 and the opponent was in a TVR 350. I managed to pull off a pass on the left turn before the 360 degree turn. That turn is for the most part near flat out in most cars and only one decently fast line.

So what is your most amzing/memoriable pass?

If you have a photo of the pass feel free to post it up!

Mine was at the end of the Fuji Speedway endurance, final stretch, in a Nissan R92CP, AI in a Sauber C9, I pull out just after the last turn and win. That was one helluva race.

EDIT- New best pass, look on second page.

Well this is in GT1 since I no have gt4 :( but on Trial mountain reverse in an Impreza STi sedan, I was in last on last lap, on last turn, and I used the cut through the grass, in the beginning where you can jump in the air, (this was TM reverse) and passed everyone, ramming the formerly 1st place car into the wall
!

My best pass would be on Special Stage Route 5 in my NSX. Last corner, second place, draft the other NSX, and won by .00x. :P

My best pass (set of passes) was at Deep Forest...

I was in third in a RX-7 at the first tunnel and set it sideways at entry and passed into second on the outside, then slid down to the inside and passed into first on the inside as I entered the second tunnel. Mind you this was all done sideways.

My most amazing pass would be on Motegi, I was driving a race with a far too slow car but with incredible handling.

I think it's the 2nd largest one, on the long strait is the finish line.

Well, right before that strait is a corner which I would say is a big hairpin with a strait before it.

No matter how I floored it on the straits, the others just pulled of like turbo monsters. I was in third, in the last "hairpin" before the finish, the 2nd place car hits the 1st place car causing it to go off track, the 2nd place car lost so much speed that I passed it easily in the corner, I had a great advantage but the strait had to come.

Yep, I won but only with 0.4 secs.

I've had quite a few scary passes, including up the inside at 130R at Suzuka, but yesterday's events spring to mind. All Stars C'ship - final race at the Nordschleife. I was driving the black 787B for 153pts. Fought hard with the R92CP all the way down to the Karussell, and sat on his tail right through the roller-coaster section. I carried more speed through Pflanzgarten, and squeezed past on the right-hand side of Sprunghugel at over 180mph, with inches between me, grass, and the R92 :scared: just managed to brake in time for Schwalbenschwanz!!

I enjoy all clean overtaking moves, which are rare, simply because unlike real life, the AI never gives way, so if you move to cover your line, it'll just ram you, so a clean pass IMO is a good pass 👍

Any and every time I manage to swing by on the outside, holding a perfect and steady line just zinging past like a slingshot effect, seemingly. it's just better on the outside cause you have such a disadvantage..

He arises behind the finishing line after a long 4 laps behind...

...he pushes the engine hard, driving maniacally.

He dashes in and out, passing the lead car by a matter of milliseconds...

my best pass was on the gt1 arcade mode.hard mode with a C class car(the civic i guess).in the highspeed ring's last lap being second i raced until the last second.i got first with .001.i wished i could've saved that replay.

TeamLosiRacer
In terms of a great pass i pulled off was on Autumn Ring in Arcade mode. I was in a S2000 and the opponent was in a TVR 350. I managed to pull off a pass on the left turn before the 360 degree turn. That turn is for the most part near flat out in most cars and only one decently fast line.

Autumn Ring is a good track to learn how to plan a pass, because there are so few straigtaways. I like it when I manage to be able to think ahead a turn or two, and position myself to exit one turn in good position to steal the line into the next.

But on that "other ring", the one in Germany, I got into a hairy crackup with 3 other cars about 3 km into the course. Seems like everybody bounced off everybody once in every possible combination, and we were all bouncing around for quite a ways -- then to my astonishment, I found myself back on the road, all straigtened out and going along as if nothing ever happened, in the lead. It blew my mind.

I've seen the "deck get shuffled" in the chicane at Monaco several times, but nothing compares with that shuffle at the Ring.

RenesisEvo
I enjoy all clean overtaking moves, which are rare, simply because unlike real life, the AI never gives way, so if you move to cover your line, it'll just ram you, so a clean pass IMO is a good pass 👍

I find clean passes much more satisfying than video game passes. But being a game, it's a very typical race where I reach the first turn behind several cars and give them all a wedgie -- take the inside and just jam thru.

But a clean lap at the Ring where there's no contact with any car is sweet. It gives you some grace in being so long that you can hang back and wait for an opportunity.

It's very satisfying to actually apply some strategy, patience and wit to passing, rather than to use the brute force that this video game allows.

Probaly in the DTM on Nurburgring on on uphilll right after a few light turns, in a Mercesdes EVO Touring Car I passed an Opel Astra, Audi A4 and Mercesdes CLK around the outside and staying on the track

For the first weeks, it was Mission 34. THat was a bit close. But just a bit ;) ....

Well, the best move is, like some people already said, a clean move around your enemy, without bumping around ... and that is all-too-rare in GT4.

The best moves I had against an enemy was the last pro-hall-championship where you can get the white Racing-Spec Ford GT.
That were some action-packed laps, me trying to keep the Zonda back until we reached the Hunadieres, then following him down to Mulsanne, passing him again ... that was some action-packed-racing, two shots for your pleasure:
- 1 -
- 2 -

The best pass I ever had was a GT3-Arcade-Race on Trial Mountain (Normal) with a Storm V12, 712 bhp (Turbo-2 i think), slicks (qualy-tires) against the GTOne and the R390. five laps. No contact with walls and enemies (well, if they hit me and it's not my fault ... I didnt' restart ;)).
Took me a week to get a race done, since passing is nearly impossible as long as the GTOne and the R390 doesn't mess up their laps.
I managed to do this sprint-race several times and every pass against the GTOne and the R390 were great, with one being the best of 'em all:
Following the R390 through the first sector, I was just about some .3xx away - and exiting the tunnel I pass him under braking for the 90° corner going a bit sideways, being wobbly and nearly all over the place but I could keep the Storm under control and passed him with that clean move.

Last Chicane on the Sarthe 1 enduro with the McLaren over the Bentley. When he wouldn't give me enough room to pass cleanly so I had several tries at him until I found a perfect spot to go in for the kill.

Probably my favorite pass was a few months ago, so I don't remember all the details.

It was the DTM series, in a stock Audi A4 touring car. It was on lap 3 or 4 at Paris Opera. I'd been working my way through the pack to second, trying to pass as cleanly as possible. I caught up to the Alfa on the second half of the main front straight, hung back a little where it narrows and offsets to the left, then shot by him on the right in that little chute.

Hard on the brakes, skipping through the gutter inlet at the right-left combo leading to the fountain roundabout, I managed to maintain control and pass cleanly, and make it stick. But I used every last shred of traction and valid track area to do it. I held the lead for the rest of the race.

Duke
Probably my favorite pass was a few months ago, so I don't remember all the details.

It was the DTM series, in a stock Audi A4 touring car. It was on lap 3 or 4 at Paris Opera. I'd been working my way through the pack to second, trying to pass as cleanly as possible. I caught up to the Alfa on second half of the main front straight, hung back a little where it narrows and offsets to the left, then shot by him on the right in that little chute.

Hard on the brakes, skipping through gutter inlet at the right-left combo leading to the fountain roundabout, I managed to maintain control and pass cleanly, and make it stick. But I used every last shred of traction and valid track area to do it. I held the lead for the rest of the race.
Do you notice sometimes though when you are about to make a pass that the AI like suddenly moves slightly to block you off?

Yep, only sometimes on thin tracks, but I think more that they're trying to get in line for the next corner

GeorgeMorley
Yep, only sometimes on thin tracks, but I think more that they're trying to get in line for the next corner
I also had that in mind. Example: Nurburgring I notice sometimes I get blocked off several times before i can actually pass cleanly.

I had a good one recently on Mission 11 on the run that I completed it. There are 2 cars close together (3rd and 4th I think), and I caught them at the difficult hairpin before the start/finish straight. I broke later than 4th place and went through the gap between them, but went a little wide and he caught up. With better acceleration, I went back through the gap and around 3rd to the right, and ended up passing the mission, so it was important too.

Haven't got a picture,👎 but Famine was kind enough to post the YouTube video of it here! 👍:drool: What's more impressive is that it's not dumb, slow AI drivers I was up against, but some of the quickest GT players I've ever raced! :eek:
It took place at the UKGTP V a few weekends ago. (The full thread can be found in the rumble strip forum with full race descriptions and results!)

As the clip begins Touring Mars is in the front RS200, that's me (Smallhorses) in the 2nd RS200, and the scarily quick vexd is in the Nissan 240RS '83 behind us (and he went on to win the race!)

I've currently completed the first 5 out of 10 PD Cup races in a very competive series cleanly. Lots of clean AI passes there! Once I've done the last 5 races I'll be preparing a race report and will post all 10 NTSC replays for inspection! (I'm running a stock car for 87 A-spec points per race)

First time at Luguna Seca (GT2) approached the cork screw (in 6th dead last position) and took the corkscrew flat chat.
Hit the car in 5th in the rear which launched me into the air over the rest of the field and landed in 1st place at the bottom of the hill pointing the right way and on the track.
I have never been able to pull that move again.

Back in GT2, I was able to win a Test Course race with a tuned-up Mazda RX-7 Convertible, about 380hp. It was a 3-lap race, with the fearsome 1000hp HKS Drag car in the lead, and a bunch of others spread out fairly evenly. I can only catch up a little each lap, since I tuned the tranny too slow in 5th gear...so the Cabrio just caught up to the 5th place car, and then sucked up the cars one by one down the straight, leapfrogging to 1st place into the last turn before the stretch to the checkered flag!

I did something very similar by winning Like The Wind in GT4, but since by 905 was only a little less powerful than the AI, it wasn't as impressive.

Pupik
Back in GT2, I was able to win a Test Course race with a tuned-up Mazda RX-7 Convertible, about 380hp. It was a 3-lap race, with the fearsome 1000hp HKS Drag car in the lead, and a bunch of others spread out fairly evenly. I can only catch up a little each lap, since I tuned the tranny too slow in 5th gear...so the Cabrio just caught up to the 5th place car, and then sucked up the cars one by one down the straight, leapfrogging to 1st place into the last turn before the stretch to the checkered flag!

I did something very similar by winning Like The Wind in GT4, but since by 905 was only a little less powerful than the AI, it wasn't as impressive.
Impressive still, never the less.

Well it was a 2 player game with me and my cousin. He's a GT4 fan aswell and is pretty good, so it was a very difficult race.

The first one was on a car controlled by my cousin, he had choosen a Nissan R390 Race Car at the Nurburgring. It was a 2 lap race and it was on the 2nd one, we were a few corners away from the long straight. I was about half a car's length away and following close. I had the difficulty on 9 and I was in a 98 Mercedes CLK GTR Race car. We got to the small Karousell...when his car (R390) sort of went a bit wide, he kept speed but opened up some room for me on the inside, so I went for it, we were side by side all the way to the long right hander that leads to the straight. We both managed to stay next to each other and it was a short drag down the straight. He was a bit faster so he went in front, but I was then able to draft him. I stayed behind him all the way until we passed the bridge before the left kink and when we got to the end of the straight I went out of his draft, outbreaked him and went into first. That was one of the best passes ever! At that point it was all over for him as he wasn't able to pass me, I wasn't blocking, I stayed on my line, but he did try (to his credit) he almost got me by the cones, but he got too much tire on the grass to the left and fish-tailed. ..and I won. It was awesome, the whole 2 laps were great beacause he passed me and I passed him, but to me that was the best one because we were both on the last lap (Obviously) and it was for the win....plus we had 20 bucks on the line. :)

a side note though, it's so much fun playing with other players... cant wait for that dam online mode!!!!

Smallhorses
As the clip begins Touring Mars is in the front RS200, that's me (Smallhorses) in the 2nd RS200, and the scarily quick vexd is in the Nissan 240RS '83 behind us (and he went on to win the race!)
Neat as a pin! Damn, if I didn't have a family, I'd have been there for sure. It sounds like an absolute ball.

the best overtaking manouvere i have encountered was on the Nurnburgring at the area round the karousel, i was in a lotus elise and the AI car was in a TVR, we went into it side by side, me on the out side, i managed to stay beside it and we were neck and neck up through the right and left following it, coming up to pass a car, it braked for the corner and the TVR went into the back of the slower car and i went cleanly past.

Back