Your most Amazing pass

scoobyonline200
Well it was a 2 player game with me and my cousin. He's a GT4 fan aswell and is pretty good, so it was a very difficult race.

The first one was on a car controlled by my cousin, he had choosen a Nissan R390 Race Car at the Nurburgring. It was a 2 lap race and it was on the 2nd one, we were a few corners away from the long straight. I was about half a car's length away and following close. I had the difficulty on 9 and I was in a 98 Mercedes CLK GTR Race car. We got to the small Karousell...when his car (R390) sort of went a bit wide, he kept speed but opened up some room for me on the inside, so I went for it, we were side by side all the way to the long right hander that leads to the straight. We both managed to stay next to each other and it was a short drag down the straight. He was a bit faster so he went in front, but I was then able to draft him. I stayed behind him all the way until we passed the bridge before the left kink and when we got to the end of the straight I went out of his draft, outbreaked him and went into first. That was one of the best passes ever! At that point it was all over for him as he wasn't able to pass me, I wasn't blocking, I stayed on my line, but he did try (to his credit) he almost got me by the cones, but he got too much tire on the grass to the left and fish-tailed. ..and I won. It was awesome, the whole 2 laps were great beacause he passed me and I passed him, but to me that was the best one because we were both on the last lap (Obviously) and it was for the win....plus we had 20 bucks on the line. :)

a side note though, it's so much fun playing with other players... cant wait for that dam online mode!!!!

Great story! Kudos on the pass since that braking zone after the super long straights remains one of my least favorites as soo many cars tend to become very unstable.

Smallhorses
Haven't got a picture,👎 but Famine was kind enough to post the YouTube video of it here! 👍:drool: What's more impressive is that it's not dumb, slow AI drivers I was up against, but some of the quickest GT players I've ever raced! :eek:
It took place at the UKGTP V a few weekends ago. (The full thread can be found in the rumble strip forum with full race descriptions and results!)

As the clip begins Touring Mars is in the front RS200, that's me (Smallhorses) in the 2nd RS200, and the scarily quick vexd is in the Nissan 240RS '83 behind us (and he went on to win the race!)

I've currently completed the first 5 out of 10 PD Cup races in a very competive series cleanly. Lots of clean AI passes there! Once I've done the last 5 races I'll be preparing a race report and will post all 10 NTSC replays for inspection! (I'm running a stock car for 87 A-spec points per race)
Man. You guys are flawless! I couldnt compete... not without REALLY concentrating, and I rarely concentrate on anything except if Im already pissed off. And Im still not that good.

My favourite was at another UKGTP meet - UKGTP2, I think.

Four Toyota SuperAutoBacs MR-S GT300 cars enter the square corner section of Complex String 1-2-3-4 and leave it 4-3-2-1, with no touches occurring at any point.

daan's favourite will be later in the same race - at the last corner - where he got a run on me to win, after two laps of the String, by 0.02s.

Git.

Like the Wind (GT4). 200 A-spec points in my yellow Saleen S7. I had it fully tuned with the gearing as wide as it could go. From the start, all 5 LMPs left me in the dust, and I couldn't even see them until the fourth lap, where began passing the other cars at speeds in excess of 240mph. I passes the lead CLK GTR at the beginning of the final straight of the last lap, with less than 200m to finish line :scared:. It's one of the most intense races I've done, and one of the closest wins, because even though I was flying by them, it wasn't until the last lap, where I kept thinking "Will I reach the CLK in time, or will I fall short? The finish line's coming up soon!"

I love that feeling.

Almost same thing happened to me, but at La Sarthe.

It was the last race of the GTWC series. I was first on the leaderboard with 3 points ahead of second place Nissan 89CP. I forgot to practice first and started last on the race with my Pagani Zonda LM car. Of course, every other LM car killed me on the Mulssane straight but I was better than them at the set of cornesrs after that. On lap 4 I was in 3rd place, I drafted second place PS Pescarolo at the straight to take second. My heart was pounding heavy and my hands were so sweaty that I thought i'd loose the race becasue of the lack of grip of my right hand on the controller :dunce:, anyway, didn't have time to dry it up and kept racing. Finally I could cought a glimpse of the Nissan, I then, focused on "relaxing" and technique rather than desperation and excitement. I was only like 50 meters behind it at the left hand corner right after the pit entrance, got a lot closer 'cause the nissan oversteered a little bit and that was a huge break for me, at the last pair of corners the Nissan slowed down too much!! so I knew I was going to hit it and therefore pushing it closer to the start/finish line...so my only option was to by pass it "a la Mario Andretti" going off to the dust area and I missed the collision for millimetrers I'd say...but I won by 0.1XX. when I finally looked away from the TV due to extreme shock and cooling down of adrenaline, I found out that my Pizza had totally toasted and smoke was comming out of the oven :scared: , not too much though.

Ciao...

Nevermind about the best pass that I posted before, I got another one on Fuji Speedway 90's in Arcade mode that was twice as sweet. Here's the proof:

(Im in the red Skyline)

samj_13
Nevermind about the best pass that I posted before, I got another one on Fuji Speedway 90's in Arcade mode that was twice as sweet. Here's the proof:

(Im in the red Skyline)

OMG! Whats the story on that one?! That is simply amazing! what wasw the gap between the two cars? It could have not been more than .001.

TeamLosiRacer
OMG! Whats the story on that one?! That is simply amazing! what wasw the gap between the two cars? It could have not been more than .001.

Well, it was a 10 lap race in Arcade Mode, and all of the cars were JGTC's except for a Camaro LM Race Car. Me and the Supra were basically neck and neck the whole race. On the last turn I had about a .100 second lead, and that slimey bastard nudged me into the dirt. He got about a .050 second lead, and I drafted him to the finish line and won by .003 seconds. I have some more pics of the race if you want. :)

Smallhorses - That pass was amazing so clean, and how did vexd come round to win as I'm presuming it was the last lap?

GeorgeMorley
Smallhorses - That pass was amazing so clean, and how did vexd come round to win as I'm presuming it was the last lap?

There was another full lap left. In fact I'm not exactly sure if that was on lap 4 or 3.

I raced my Sleeper Sub for the win and caught it on the last lap and in the last turn in Infineon Raceway. I lost the lead at the hairpin and poured on the nitrous as a last resort all the way to the start/finish line.

Attachments

• legacyvss2000winningmoment6yt.jpg
    legacyvss2000winningmoment6yt.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 47
At the Stars of Pleidas, I was at Trial Mountain in my 22B, and had been dueling with an STI Impreza the whole race, he was faster than me (quite a bit actually), but I could tear him up on the turns. On the last lap, we were approaching the downhill left hander leaing the final chincane. I had skidded out a bit, and he passed me, but I managed to accelerate up to him and shove him to the side to pass him. Determined not to let that single turn cost me the entire race, I turned to a desperate act to stay ahead--I cut the grass at the chincane.

However, I took it too straight, and hit the steep inside bank. This immediately launched me onto two wheels and perpendicular to the course, and I began spinning. At the end of my fourth spin, I crossed the finish line .5 seconds ahead in 1st, and only once the computer took over did my car straighten out. And on top of that, from all the speed lost in correction, the fourth car that crossed the finish actually rear-ended me at the end of the straight. I saved the replay, as I couldn't believe what had just happened. I could've eaten it by spinning into the wall in front of the finish line, but I somehow kept the forward momentum to finish first, crossing the line almost backwards.

in mission 34 i can't remember it that well but i just slid drifted around the corner and just snuk past the outside of him:P

Best Pass for me was when I first ran the 24 Hours of Le Mans on Sarthe w/chicanes.....running the Audi R8...
I was in 3rd place during lap 1 and by the time we reached the end of the Mulsanne...all of us were pretty close together.

As we're heading down the back stretch, coming into the hard left-hander at Indianapolis....the road has a little 'kink' in it...(see screenshot here) and I thought I'd try and just keep my foot on the gas...then when the car was back in a straight line, I'd get hard on the breaks, in order to make the left hand turn...

Sure enough, the "AI" applied their brakes, which gave me just the right amount of spacing I needed and I pulled the move off, moving up into 1st place!

Scared the sh** out of me when I first did it....but funny enougn, I've not been able to do again since! Go figure! :D

Two of mine...

In Mission 11 I passed the Fourth Place car on Lap 2 after the circle. On the 3-set of 90' turns, I passed him on the inside of the second without knocking the wall. The rest... Well, I won.

In the Honda Mission I won with less than 0.1 seconds by hitting the 2nd place car and powering my way to victory after the bump. Mind you, I was luckily un-penalized.

I made a pass at this hot chick at the bar, and it turns out she was married... Oh... that's not the kind of pass you guys were looking for... :) Mission 11 then... I know it is overused on this thread, but what made mine special was that I was the last person from our group to finish that driving mission, and I just barely made it.

In actuality, I have two to speak of. The first one is one of my best GT Photos I have ever taken.

I believe the race was the GT All Stars and I'm in the McLaren F1 GTR. This photo was snapped at 215 miles an hour.
http://img487.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img00015uj.jpg

The second I have on vid, just no pics as of yet.

I was just doing an exhibition race at La Sarthe II dificulty 9. I was in the Gran Turismo GT-R Skyline Pace Car (The one you recieve for all silver in IA, I believe. 542 hp, no lightbar.) My oponents included the Amuse Carbon R, the Falken Skyline Race Car, The Lancia Delta S4, the Peugeot 205 Turbo II Rallye car, and the Alfa Romeo Touring Car.

Enough background. The race starts out nice and slow, with the field leaving me for dead, since the Amuse has 608 hp and the Falken Skyline is a true racer. Well, leading onto the main straight of La Sarthe, I begin to catch the draft. Before long I pass up the Falken and Amuse Skylines, and the S4 topping out at a measly 159 mph. Around the same time, about 5 seconds ahead is the Peugeot 205 in first, doing about the same as the S4. The Alfa catches him, slows to 160-162 and then passes the 205 off to the right. The 205 shifts back across the Alfa's tail and shoots right into my lane as I'm charging hard at 205 mph. Talk about emergency lane change. I had all of half a second to shift the car hard left and then right again to not hit the armco. In the process the car drifts from whatever dirt and stuff lies in the outer enges of the straight. I shift back into the center lane...losing only 3 mph in the process. I never touched the 205, but the photo (I hope to bring in) will look like a true clip. It's quite posssibly the best pass I have ever done.

Thanks! :D And indeed it was, mate. Eventually that CLK in the background handed us all our arses, though. :irked:

Oh, for the other pass I wrote about in the above post: In about the one second all the action took place, I got maybe 16 shots on it. :lol:

New best pass. Is at Fuji 2005 GT at the "Real Circuit Tours" Last lap and last turn once again on the Sauber C9 with my Bentley Speed 8.

not because of skill, but because of sheer relief, my most rewardin pass was screaming past the gullwing in mission 34.

Test Course :
Car : Nissan R34 (Jgtc)
Had to stay behind a Subaru GT car such that i could use his slip stream, just in time to make it to the finish line first. Something similar to the "Days of Thunder" pass.

I beat him by 0.004 secs. LOL

Shan2nu

mine was on the pass: Ford Mustang (in driving missions) I got a penalty on the harpin corner on seatle, other car pushed me for a while right over the finish line!!! (I have a replay of it but I dont know how to put them on your computer:()

Mission 33 - General Motors At Infeon.

I had a bit some trouble with this mission, finally I had splits which were much better than before, I knew I was going to pass the mission, until BAM!
I'd braked to late on the hairpin, into the back of the Pontiac I went, 5 second penatly.

Hurry Up!!!!!!!!!!

I fent full throltle down the straight, beaten the Buick by 0.033 :)

I was playing GT2 in the college dorm and had several people watching while I goofed around in a Toyota GT1 (900hp) on Trial Mountain. There were several laps (probably 5) and on the last one, I was going to get serious, pass all the cars, and win.

The first place ai guy already had a big lead on me when the last lap started and I completely blew my chances of winning when I buried it in the grass, backwards, before the first tunnel. I kept going and started knocking them off one by one. Halfway though the track, the guys in the room all had their eyes glued to the tv and were creeping towards the edge of their seats (the ones sitting, anyway). I kept charging through the track, knocking off the other cars as I went, until I was in second place (everybody in the room was "on the edge of their seats" by then). The first place guy was on his way to the finish when I took the final hard left before the chicane leading to the finish. I rocketed through the chicane without letting up, sailed towards the start/finish on two wheels (had all 4 off the ground briefly, but the right side tires were way up in the air), and passed the lead car right in front of the finish line (when I went flying through the air, the lead car was in exactly the right spot to "catch" me and keep me pointed straight down the middle of the track...I didn't hit him head-on or anything...more or less brushed past him without slowing him down).

It was pretty intense with everybody there (could hear a pin drop right at the end). I may even still have the replay buried somewhere, although it's nowhere near as exciting as when it happened :P

lol, how do you get pics & replays onto your computer?

shan2nu
Test Course :
Car : Nissan R34 (Jgtc)
Had to stay behind a Subaru GT car such that i could use his slip stream, just in time to make it to the finish line first. Something similar to the "Days of Thunder" pass.

I beat him by 0.004 secs. LOL

Shan2nu
:lol:I once did something a bit like that & came 0.001 secs in the lead LOL:lol:

think I was driving a 787B & just made it passed a sauber

I think my coolest pass was the one when I was just racing randomly around nürburgring.
it was the last lap and I had been in the third place for the last half of the lap and finish line was just around the corner. I was thinking already the gold medal was goner, when I was bashing through the last long straight, but then I saw two leader cars in horizon.
For my surprise, my car was actually a little powerful than them so I was closing the gap between us. I couldn't catch them in the straight, but then came the braking match before that tight second-last right corner.
The leader car was going to take the inner lane, and the second one the outer, and they had a gap between them that looked like one car could still fit through it.
I did my "magical super-late threshold braking" and got slightly shorter braking distance - and actually passed both of them right through that gap they had left for me :D
The passing happened just before the turn in point so all three cars were able to make the turn pretty cleanly with just a little paint trading, while I was leading them half a car length :D
Then they just crashed to each other at the last left hander and the fight was over 👍

I remember that I was racing on the Test Course with the Nissan R89C ( It's a good drafting race, especially with the Bentley Speed 8). The Sauber Mercedes C9 was leading, until the last corner at the last lap, because I drafted him and beat him at the finish. The Audi R8 also passed him, and everyone finished within a second.

Back