Your most cringe-worthy moment?

• Thread starter Nismonath5
  • 26 comments

Nismonath5

Premium
New Zealand
South Auckland, New Zealand
Nismonath5
The search didn't show up anything like this, so hopefully this is the first thread of it's kind...

Have you ever done something totally cringe-worthy? Maybe someone around you did? Either way, let's hear some stories! :D

One I remember from a few years back was getting near blind drunk at an xmas party. I remembered very little (luckily) but what I did remember was some truly awful dancing. Still makes me cringe to this day.

also forgot to add the person I was dancing with was a rather hot single girl I worked with at the time.

Last edited:
TB
This one time (not at band camp, though), I started a thread asking other people for stories but didn't give my own.
I figured I'd wait a little to see if the thread got shut down for being too similar to another thread but that hasnt happened this time so... Yay!

My story is that I was at work (I'm an entertainer at NZ's premiere theme park) warming up the crowd for the next act, called The Moe Show. Moe is basically a brown Elmo, and all the kids here love him. I went onstage, and said "Heya guys, Welcome along, I have some very special news! Moe is just moe-ments away!!!" And thats when I realised what I'd said, I hadn't even meant to put emphasis on the "mo" in "moment", but I could see some in the crowd shaking their heads and my boss sitting in the far corner facepalming... :lol:

Calling my teacher "Mum". Happened twice in primary school and once in high school.

During my older brothers Under 10's AFL game, I was sitting near a scoreboard that isn't being used. I started playing with it, putting in random numbers but people were constantly walking by the scoreboard thinking it was legit. After a old lady went staring at it for awhile, I just bolted away from it as fast as I can. There wasn't really an aftermath from that though.

Had many cringeworthy moment. So many in fact, that I can't come up with one. Or many of these cringeworthy moments weren't cringeworthy moments at all but felt like cringeworhty moments to me and not to others.

Cringeworthy moments are in the eye of the beholder (or something like that).

One of my cringeworthy moments are here in GTP. When I was checking out my early posts, my grammar and punctuation wasn't on point here unlike right now.

In real life, my cringeworthy moment is when I tried getting attention the girl I used to have a liking on.

Back in the 90's my band recorded a demo, the recording engineer was blind. When he'd finished mixing he asked me what I thought of the mix, & without thinkng I said "it sounds absolutely blinding mate". Everyone in the room went dead silent, the engineer included, & faces were pulled all-round thus indicating the gravity of my faux pas!

:embarrassed:

Just reading through my old posts and, just no, I wish they didn't exist :guilty:

...ok some of them are still fine but, some of them I wish I can remove but I know that it would not only mean I have something to hide (which I don't like doing in itself) but the with the power of internet the text can traced anyway making it pointless.

Just reading through my old posts and, just no, I wish they didn't exist :guilty:

...ok some of them are still fine but, some of them I wish I can remove but I know that it would not only mean I have something to hide (which I don't like doing in itself) but the with the power of internet the text can traced anyway making it pointless.
Looks like we have the same cringeworthy moment right there.

In context, YCS are big Yugioh tournaments open for any players. I did surprisingly well with a Deck not many players expected and my opponent and me invited to be apart of their stream for Round 9. We took the offer.

Rounds are a best of 3 and you can change your Decks contents between gamrs from 15 other cards. Not really cringe about the 1st game because I just had a terrible hand. 2nd game however, I completely embarrassed myself and played cards in the wrong order which ruined any chance of winning and that thought got the better of me and I messed everything up after.

A lot of people were still impressed and I got like 10 seconds of fame in the community immediately after the event but I still cringe at the thought of this and I refuse to watch this video :lol:. I guess I wasn't ready to be on stage. Don't think therell be any sort of chance of redemption as I moved on to Cardfight Vanguard since late 2020

Last edited:
I've got a feeling most of us have experienced the embarrassment of seeing and greeting a 'friend' only for that person to turn out to be a complete stranger.
Yep, still this. Living in Asia and not being able to correctly identify people has led to more instances of this than I care to share.

Once I went to a shooting range that had just been finished a couple days ago. Tiled floors, super expensive arrangement, awesome lighting, excellent air filtration system, really well and cleanly built, brand new. The owner than proceeded to show me around and told me that it cost a couple hundred thousand to set it all up and how proud he is. Really cool stuff.

I then set up a target, loaded my pistol, aimed.....and slipped. The shot went too high and left and I put a clean bullet hole into the metal target stand, sparks and pieces of the metal target frame were flying through the air, my paper target was ripped in half and the pieces fell on the floor. The first freaking shot and I wrecked the shooting range.

😬

Once I went to a shooting range that had just been finished a couple days ago. Tiled floors, super expensive arrangement, awesome lighting, excellent air filtration system, really well and cleanly built, brand new. The owner than proceeded to show me around and told me that it cost a couple hundred thousand to set it all up and how proud he is. Really cool stuff.

I then set up a target, loaded my pistol, aimed.....and slipped. The shot went too high and left and I put a clean bullet hole into the metal target stand, sparks and pieces of the metal target frame were flying through the air, my paper target was ripped in half and the pieces fell on the floor. The first freaking shot and I wrecked the shooting range.

😬
youch.
Reminds me of when my dad and I first shot a M3 Grease Gun at a range north of us. One of us struck the metal plate holding the paper target, and the RO couldn't figure out whose fault it was so he just warned us both to be careful. Definitely not as bad as that but I know the feeling.
(For the record, I think it was my father's fault)

My big brain as a teenager decided to express the cringe of my teenage personality on this very website for the first few-more than a few years of membership. And if that's not bad enough, I choose to then post in a thread pointing it out... Yep, big brain.

Last edited:
Slight bump because seeing this thread reignited something I'd repressed for a long time now. So for context, years ago, a female friend and I were in that weird stage of 'will-they-won't-they', and while we got on very well, we didn't really know where either of us stood with each other if that makes sense. On a night out, we bumped into each other and got chatting. We move on to talking about movies and she brings up horror films, which then leads to an exchange that went something like this:

Her: 'The new Conjuring is out next week and I really wanna go see it, but I don't have anyone to go with.'
Me: 'Really? What're you going to do?'
Her: '...well I was hoping someone would offer to come with me.'

To which I replied, with no hesitation and full sincerity, 'oh don't worry, I'm sure somebody will wanna go with you!' She seemed pretty bemused. I only realised I'd missed a pretty obvious hint about a week later while randomly driving home from work, and cursed myself out for it like crazy.

Slight bump because seeing this thread reignited something I'd repressed for a long time now. So for context, years ago, a female friend and I were in that weird stage of 'will-they-won't-they', and while we got on very well, we didn't really know where either of us stood with each other if that makes sense. On a night out, we bumped into each other and got chatting. We move on to talking about movies and she brings up horror films, which then leads to an exchange that went something like this:

Her: 'The new Conjuring is out next week and I really wanna go see it, but I don't have anyone to go with.'
Me: 'Really? What're you going to do?'
Her: '...well I was hoping someone would offer to come with me.'

To which I replied, with no hesitation and full sincerity, 'oh don't worry, I'm sure somebody will wanna go with you!' She seemed pretty bemused. I only realised I'd missed a pretty obvious hint about a week later while randomly driving home from work, and cursed myself out for it like crazy.
Dude.

Dude.

insert facepalm here

Things went south with her a few months after that; I can't help thinking that was the 'butterfly effect' moment that caused it to fall apart. :boggled:
At that particular moment in time, a path diverged that was not part of your future.
It is what it is. If you’re hung up about it feel free to give me a shout, I’m a good listener.
If you’ve made your bed and are laying in it, all the best.

I've got a feeling most of us have experienced the embarrassment of seeing and greeting a 'friend' only for that person to turn out to be a complete stranger.
Never happened to me, I don't have any friends.

My cringeworthiest moment was when I was at a concert singing along and constantly got the lyrics mixed up, while being at the front with a bunch of hardcore fans. Not my best day.

Last edited:
What I’m about to type here is not my finest moment and I feel terrible about it.

Some years ago my wife and I were on a bus late evening going home. She tapped my hand and whispered that the guy sitting in the seats across from us was staring and not blinking.

So to get evidence of this, I put the camera on my phone and slowly pointed it towards those seat. I took a photo but it did not go as planned.

First of all the bus was packed full of people. The flash went off and as I looked at the photo I realised what had happened. The chap sat opposite had some form of disability and the poor bloke was blinking super fast because I’d just blinded him with the flash.

Luckily he didn’t have any issues with flashing lights or the situation could have been much worse. I apologised and carried on with our journey feeling embarrassed and ashamed.

Back