Your Most Favorite/Least Favorite tracks

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 247 comments
Nurburgring is head & shoulders above all the other tracks in GT4. Makes everything else boring in comparison.

RUF + RING = :D

My favorites are;
  1. All versions of Fugi
  2. Suzuka
  3. Infineon
  4. Laguna Seca
Least favorites;
  1. Motegi (all)
  2. Autumn Ring
  3. Deep Forest
  4. Opera Paris
  5. Seattle
The course I'm sure I will love someday is Nurburgring. I'm getting much better at it now that I've learned you have to obey it rather than try to conquer it.
:)

I Love:

-La Sarthe (u know, Le Mans...)
-Laguna Seca
-Suzuka!
-Fuji (all)
-Midfield
-Infineon
-Tokyo Route 20..!

I hate!:

-Trial Mountain
-Seoul
-Paris
-Autumn Ring! Since GT1!
-Montecarlo: When you don't run it with fast cars
-El Capitan (don't know why, but I hate it)
-All rally tracks
-IMO, REVERSE COURSES!!!! ALL OF THEM! WHYYYY???????!!!!!!!!!! APRICOT IS SO COOL... WHY "DO I HAVE" TO RUN IT REVERSE? The same with midfield. And if you think Opera Paris is boring, what about OP Reverse?

I miss:

-Rome Night
-Pikes Peak (The only way i liked rally...)
-Route 11
-Was Grindelwald its name? Nice track

The Ring: At first, I liked this one. It didn't took me too much to memorize it, you had to take it all with lisences. But then i started to get bored with the eternity it takes you to complete the lap. But, at least, I like it if I'm driving a fast car. If I'm not, it is the real green hell.

I like the twin ring, test course, and for some reason I am really good at deep forest with any car even the ones that handle like ****. I hate the rally tracks and the opal paris and the cost de however the **** you say it

I like most of the tracks but my fave is La Sarthe (either will do).

My least favourites are:

The Test Course cos its sooo boring. And why do we have to do championship races there?

Same with the Beginners Course, just plain pointless.

And the Ice Arena because no matter what I try I cannot go any quicker around it. Although this is where the Opel Tigra Ice Race car from GT2 would've been at home.

I personally think that most of the tracks each has a challenging corner, but I'll only write my favourites.
-Nurburgring: Flugplatz, Bergwerk and Karoussell (Hope I spelled those right)
-La Sarthe: The corner right after the Mulsanne and the Indianapolis
-Laguna Seca: Corkscrew
-Midfield: a kink in the start/finish straight looks just like Eau Rouge at Spa!
-Grand Valley: The uphill kink just before the hairpin and the last corner
-Deep Forest: The last turn can be taken flat out in a racecar-but you MUST follow the proper line.

Hates:
-Test course: Good for it's purpose but boring for racing
-Beginner Course: Truly for beginners, I can get 4 laps in one minute with the Pescarolo
-George V: Left-Right-Left-Right

Favorite: Swiss Alps, lots of high speed turns that can be taken with long drifts. For me the best combination of speed, technique and fun. Also it is the best place to learn rallying because of the wide forgiving road.

Least Favorite: Seoul, too simple, boring and downright uninteresting.

Honorable mention: Nurburgring, if you drive well here you drive well everywhere.

Most favorite: Nurburgring Nordschlife. Even though it's 14 miles, all the dips and bends keep you on your toes. I'd like to think it's one of my better tracks.

Least favorite: Ice Arena and Chamonix. I like Chamonix better, but very slow and narrow corners along with extreme lack of grip equals either major boredom or headaches.

Last edited:
It's actually "Chamonix", speed157, not "Chaminox".

There's a few tracks that IMO, was actually spoilt in GT4.

Trial Mountain and Apricot Hill Speedway comes to mind. Also, it's crazy how beautiful circuits like Deep Forest, Seattle, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway, barely organizes any races in GT4.

It's always the crappy ones like Test Course, Montegi, Tsukuba, Seoul, Tokyo, Hong Kong that hold races.

Trial Mountain - Best track in any driving game period. Perfect combination of corners, perfect track length. Enjoyable in pretty much every singly type of car from F1 to NSX to Fiat 500.

My favorite tracks are those that have prominent undulation because they provide extra challenge along with the turns.
So I really like the 'Ring, El Capitan, Autumn Ring, Laguna Seca and Infineon and I don't like so much Tsukuba and Twin Ring Motegi. More than anything they seem like lame work.

I love Special Stage Route 5, it's been my favorite since GT1. I'm glad it will be in GT5.

It's tough choosing my least favorite track, but it would have to be the Rome Night in GT2. It was too technical and when a race was held there, I would bomb it because of very little practice.

Favourites

La Sarthe: POWERRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Seoul: Reminds me of Germany's Norisring, short and fast
High Speed Ring: Because it's.......high speed.
Tokyo Route 246: Wow, why isn't that a real street circuit?
Fuji 80s/90s: Speed. Think you can spot the theme here.
Autumn Ring: One of my favourites from the old GT, twisty, and it just looks damn good. Plus there's a slotcar-esque loop!
El Capitan (Reverse): The scenery and feeling looks much better going backwards.

Not Favourites

Chamonix: Snow. EEEWWWW.
Ice Arena: See above.
Tahiti Maze: Rally sucks.
El Capitan (Normal): Why anticlockwise? Why?
Cote D'azur: If you're gonna make the Monaco GP, make the Monaco GP, without stupidly placed barriers.....
Fuji 2005: We hate Tilke tracks, and it's the same story here.
Opera Paris: Like El Capitan, I prefer going backwards. But it's still far too narrow.
George Paris: Narrow like it's brother, but catch a kerb and an annoying 5 second penalty awaits you.

Favorites

Costa di Amalfi - I love the snakes on the hill. It loosely reminds me of the PPHC.
Seoul - Norisring was definitely a good comparison to this track.
Seattle - A great combination of air and twists.
El Capitan - Even though the track isn't difficult, pitching the car right in some of the corners is.
Super Speedway and High Speed Ring - Both are fun but I want more banking.
Special Stage Route 5 - The original night track of the game still shines.
Beginner Course - Very silly of me, but the track is loads of fun to play on when the CPU can easily have a missed line and be lapped 6 times in 20+ laps.
Laguna Seca - The track has grown on me since GT2.
Infineon - A great course that I have a perfect line for.
Cote D'Azur - Only issue is the name, just get it to be the Monaco GP and we're set.

Least Favorite
Rome - From the kamikazes in GT2 I am glad this track was eliminated in GT4 and now fully replaced.
Hong Kong - Talk about a shoddy track, this track has poor scenery (lets blur the buildings so we can show Citibank fuzzy), a terrible track line (the waterfront leading into T1 seems to have to clean way to run it), an extremely acute hairpin (augly is better, I find this corner deadly for me in a manual) and just a complete lack of enthusiasm of racing here, bringing forth a groan for the horribleness.
Test Track - Too....Long....For.....Any....Race....
George V - I don't think this track is built for anything bigger than a 2CV since you can't avoid the corners for 1 clean lap (or I can't).
Citta di Aria - This track would be better for bikes but it is too narrow to run any car on the track. Screams claustrophobia.
Swiss Alps - While this track was a favorite of mine in GT3 (amid the horrible lighting at the bridge), it seems that the track has modernized improperly, and running here is not as much fun.
Cathedral Rocks I - First bridge is poorly placed and the 5 second penalty eats me here.
Motegi Road Course - The west circuit is completely confusing for the 2nd part of the course, the East circuit lacks much of anything and the full circuit just screams boredom to me.
Fuji 2005 - I'd love to try and figure out my gaps more than once a lap and its weird that you can run almost an entire lap off the track and still be competitive.
Autumn Ring - This track is so close to good but for me I still don't like how the pseudo "bus stop" throws my car around and yet the AI takes it effortlessly.

No Verdict
I can't say enough to like/dislike Sarthe or the Ring because I am bad at it but I like the track.

Favorite: Fuji 80's(just a fun track)
Least so:Autumn ring mini. (utterly pointless. too short for any real races to tight for anything bigger than a fiat 500.)

Always loved Midfield...

Love:
1/ Midfield
2/ Le Mans (La Sarthe)
3/ El capitan
4/ Laguna Seca
5/ Suzuka

Hate:
- mostly all city street tracks

Favorite
1. Circuit de la Sarthe I
2. Nurburgring Nordschleife
3. Costa di Amalfi
Least Favorites
1. Apricot Hill Raceway
2. Suzuka East Course
3. Hong Kong Reverse

Favourites
1. Grand Valley Speedway
2. Test Course (hang me if necessary)
3. Tokyo R246
4. Swiss Alps
Least Favourites
1. Grand Canyon
2. Chamonix
3. Infineon
4. Citta di Aria

The 'Ring is just a normal track, with It's unique corners and tracks, it just happens to be nearly 13 miles long. That's why I love it. I dislike the new Fuji, the final sector is interesting, but the rest isn't as fun. Bring back the 80's Fuji!

My favorite is either Costa d'Amalfi, New York, or Seattle. Costa because of the scenery, Seattle because of the lighting and scenery, and New York because you can go so dang fast. I hate Citta d'Aria, it is so narrow and slow. My absolute pet peeve, however, is that daytime Paris track... And it's EVERYWHERE!!! I am rather fond of George V, Tsukuba, Tahiti, and Ice Arena, but they are hardly favorites.

Hurricanine

For this game, tourist trophy, and FM3 Nurburgring is my favorite for hot lapping. When I drift on this game its Trial mountian or Special Stage route 5. I cant drift the hairpins on Tsukuba in GT4, its hard in GT4. I dont hate any track, I havnt raced on them all yet.

Favorites:
- Seattle Circuit (Why this track isn't in GT5, i don't know...)
- Fuji Speedway 80s and 90s (Way better than the modern Fuji Speedway)
- Midway Speedway (Another awesome track that isn't in GT5)
- Circuit de La Sarthe (Loved this track but for some reason i don't like this track as much in GT5)

Least Favorites:
- Fuji Speedway 2005 (Nowhere near as fun as the 80s and 90s versions)
- Ice Arena (Never really liked this track)

Back