Your Most Reasonable Car

• Thread starter D_gamer725
  • 47 comments
DodgeViperRocks
What do you think the most reasonable car in GT4 is? When thinking about this, think about the:
Cost
Performance
Amount Of Races It could enter
How fast You could tune it
Looks (Optional)
Drivtrain

I would think of one but I just can't speak out Against the VIPER.

R32 Skyline '89.
Under 20k cr, way under 20k cr.
280bhp, good for 155mph+
4WD, Turbo, Skyline, Tuner, Japan, Japan '80s... list goes on...
Ask anyone, Skyline's are the most tuneable cars in the GT series, 700+bhp easy for a low-spec GT-R.
I think it looks good.
One of the best 4WD systems on the planet imo.

*cough* R32 is good for more than mere 155mph.. :sly: actually, the Nismo S-Tune is good for 308mph.

I also have to point out that good cars always aren't pretty, for example Alpines, Tommykaira ZZ-S ( Elise's Japanese cousin, anyone?), Chrysler Crossfire.. not to mention German and French pocket rockets like Lupo GTi, 106 S16.. and if well-handling heavyweights are wanted, Chrysler 300C will be a nasty surprise.

My most 'reasonable' car, compared to the real-world, would be my 228hp Integra Type R on R2s.

But as for event-entering capability... No idea. Maybe a Cougar of mine.

*cough* R32 is good for more than mere 155mph.. :sly: actually, the Nismo S-Tune is good for 308mph.

I'm talking standard. :sly: Although its probably good for nearer to 170mph, looking at my stock Impreza wagon that does 165mph :crazy:

Stock R34 does 174.. and stock Supra RZ 180+. I have this hunch that PD is slightly biased towards Toyota and Nissan. ;) :lol:

I kind of like the Nissan (NISMO) 270 R. It has pretty good handling, and it's kinda fast. But for the more demanding races I choose the Mazda RX7 Spirit.

Stock R34 does 174.. and stock Supra RZ 180+. I have this hunch that PD is slightly biased towards Toyota and Nissan. ;) :lol:
The Toyota Supra is way more aerodynamically shaped than the gt-r. And PD is obviously biased towards Nissan. That might explain the 57 ( I think) skylines in the game.

I don't know how serious you guys are but it really seems some of the people from the tuning section are really in the mood to argue. I'm seriously thinking of reporting it the next time I see it because it brings down the attitude of the whole forum and I'm sure I'm not the only one whose sick of it.
Can you please keep random off topic arguments to PMs please? Nobody is interested in hearing you bicker.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=96480

Essentially the same thread as this, only done earlier. MINICOOPER120, this is not off topic, and the reason we always do this is because we are always here and know what goes on. It clearly states that you should search before posting a new thread, when we see a duplicate thread we act. Maybe some will argue that this thread is different to the one I posted a link to just now- we'll see. They seem the same to me.

Well, this is in the same vein, but this is to include the mods done to a given car... So it's a bit different, but I get your point, N4HS.

MINICOOPER120: ? That was an argument? X| I just wasn't aware of a thread like this one. I stand corrected on that point.

Maybe I'm overreacting, or maybe it's because a lot of the discussions take many posts with few words and make it seem like an argument. All I know is that there's a lot of fighting between some of the tuners, and I'm a little concerned. Now it seems like almost everything is a fight (maybe it's just the tone of your posts?).
I dunno. I'll just forget it.

Maybe I'm overreacting, or maybe it's because a lot of the discussions take many posts with few words and make it seem like an argument. All I know is that there's a lot of fighting between some of the tuners, and I'm a little concerned. Now it seems like almost everything is a fight (maybe it's just the tone of your posts?).
I dunno. I'll just forget it.
Which is why most of the older users just stay out of the gt related forums. Try it, you'll enjoy yourself more. These forums are where the noobs tend to gather.

haha i agree with VTi R32 are good decent 4WD.. adjust downforce with the rear having less then the front gives a bit of slip which helps cornering.. haha and decent hp as well 276 woop! lol.. it looks beautiful as well.. :D

I tend to think that the Buick Special is a very reasonable car for the player with a bit of money in their pockets. Considering that it has 556hp to start and is rather light for an old American car, it may actually be worth the $58,600 price tag. It does 207mph stock (332km/h) and handles quite well on S2s. With its power, it can compete in the upper echelons of the game, and with tuning it can go even farther.

For a less expensive car, the R-32 is yes, a reasonable car.

Another (entirely unrelated) R32 is worth mentioning: HPA Motorsports Stage II R32

Always been impressed with that one for an inexpensive tuner that can rip through quite a few races, though obviously not as many as the skyline.

I agree with that. The HPA is so cheap, but its insanely fast. The price has to be a typo that wasnt fixed.

I agree with that. The HPA is so cheap, but its insanely fast. The price has to be a typo that wasnt fixed.

The HPA was my first car in GT4. I started out bringing my a and B liscenses and 100,000 from my GT3 game. It allowed me to buy this car and do some suspensin and tyre work. I remeber it having a lot of body roll but it was a fast starter car. I learned early on that there isn't a good all around car in the lower levels. you basically have to change cars about every race, IOW using prize cars halfthe time. Now that I have the Extreme and Endurance halls opened up I use the Minolta Toyota LM Racer. Its both faster and handles better then the Toyota 1 car. I use it in most all the endurance races I've raced so far. I made sure to win all the Ford GTs and that Toyota right off the bat after opening those two halls.

Round about that time though is when I started playing TOCA 3 mainly though.With the exception of Laguna Seca the tracks are diffferent. They are still direct replicas inch by inch of existing tracksIts going to be a while before I get to GT4 again. Ivstill pop it in from time to time but...

...but the 787B seems to lack in the top end though. Atleast I always had a problem getting it to catch up to forerunners.

That's why we set it up to unload the rear wing down the straights... :D

I hit 230 on Sarthe with chicanes easily... And I handily won Like The Wind at stock power too... It's just gearing.

Or just the regular tune. Heh. That's the one I was talking about there. The top speed car is useless for anything BUT a top speed run. (But it does it well.)

EDIT: N4HS's post was recommending my 787B top speed setup, found in the tuner garage in my sig, but I'd say that the regular enduro tune would serve better.

Back