Your Most Reasonable Car

• Thread starter D_gamer725
  • 47 comments
The HPA R32 is definitely the best bang for buck car early on, if you still want a fast car, but don't have the credits to modify a stocker.

Plenty of power, and has very good handling.

If this has become best bang for the buck then the 1997 Camaro Z28. Can be picked up for less than $10k, handles good and I plan on using it for the next tuner challenge possibly so don't even think about it :sly:

Answer this honestly: Have you ever driven an FD from 1999 or later in-game? :P

That's considered good handling. The Camaro can't compare.

In truth, a Lancer Evo or Scoobie STi from the early-mid 90's is probably a better deal. Why? Less weight and only slightly less power. Not to mention that they're AWD so they're more noob-friendly.

And, IMO, the 2002 Camaro is a pile too. (Actually, it's not bad at all, but I hate it. Don't ask why, it has something to do with driving one in a challenge)

And I'm not being biased here, the Z/28 is just not the best deal out there. It won't grow with you like some cars, and it isn't nearly light enough for stock power to be acceptable, and the weight negatively affects cornering as well.

I think it handles quite well, and can beat Skylines. I can't think of a single car purchasable under $10k that's better. FDs are much more expensive aren't they? As are GT-Rs. Then there's always weight reduction with the money you saved.

1992 RZ: 14 grand. Sure, it's six grand more than the Camaro, but it's much lighter and is quite the opposite of the Z/28; Nice and tailhappy if you don't keep it in check (off-throttle), plenty powerful, and light as heck.

Excuse me for sounding like a complete idiot, but what does FD mean? I can't think right now.

FD is short for FD3S, which is the chassis code of the later RX-7. The previous generation RX-7 was the FC3S, hence why its called FC. ;)

I think it handles quite well, and can beat Skylines. I can't think of a single car purchasable under $10k that's better. FDs are much more expensive aren't they? As are GT-Rs. Then there's always weight reduction with the money you saved.

You can get a 60000km version FD for around the 12-13k mark, depending on year. :) Normal R32's GT-R's are around 15k, or you can pick up a GTS-t for just under 9k.

I'm a fan of the Z28 myself. I already have a built one from years ago from a forum challenge. Overall cost was $20k including car purchase, and has run a 7'45 around Nurburgring. 234Kw + NOS and a top end of around 260km/h aspirated with more to go, just runs out of puff at that speed but around corners, it destroys most cars. :) NOS activated, look at around 290km/h easy.

As for the Supra, it tops out at 306km/h, around 191mph. ;)

Mafs!!

With the money you save on a Camaro you can make it heaps better than the Skylines/Fds. I wouldn't bother with a GTS-t unless you can throw in an RB26 motor out of a GT-R. Even then I'd take the Camaro but that's just me :sly:

Edit: I decided to see if I could shut myself up by going and testing some cars. Let's say you buy the Camaro for $8.5K, spend $2.5k on weight reduction stage 1 and a power chip. You can run in the 2'07s at GVS with ease. Buy an R33 Skyline for over $20k, and you run in the 2'08s. Buy a Bathurst RX-7 (price unknown) and you can run in the 2'06s but that model would be expensive as. I'm not sure what times an older FD would run, they have less power and still cost almost $20k, some are over that. I'll take the Camaro for bang for the buck. It still handles good. Not far off the FD's handling, but not quite as good as the FD either.

Oh this has so been done before.

Actually, not really. I applaud this one because it's not hyperbolic - fastest, absolute favorite, sickest drifter, etc. he's asking for your best all-round, likely car to own.

For me I'd have to go with any of the last-gen Camaros. You can clean house with those things for pocket change.

Actually, not really. I applaud this one because it's not hyperbolic - fastest, absolute favorite, sickest drifter, etc. he's asking for your best all-round, likely car to own.

For me I'd have to go with any of the last-gen Camaros. You can clean house with those things for pocket change.

Yeah, I admit I may have been wrong about this thread. Initially I thought it was another "which car can win the most races" thread, but I see it now. And I agree with you on the last gen Camaros, great bang for the buck and can do so much, as I've been explaining in previous posts.

Id have to go with one of my Evos here, I have around 60 of them. All are great, reasonable cars. Handle well, good power etc etc.

Well, I did really good with the JZA80 Supra I believe, the 230hp variant available from Day 1. It got me a good 23% percent into the game before I drove another car.

Probably my 80Supra; mechanically, it's mostly just a larger turbine, springs and rear diff.

If that's too unreasonabe, my BNR32 with LMGT4 wheels and sport exhaust probably has the most A-spec mileage of all of my cars in that state.

Both cars on road tires.

FD3S RX7 would have to be right up there regarding bang for buck cars, and they are very easy to get massive power out of. And with the right tuning, have enormous traction. My 1998ish series VIII RX7 had around 700Hp if I remember right, and even with sport tyres it was rare to get excessive wheel spin in 2nd, and would grip perfectly in 3rd onwards.

And if you want cheap $/Top Speed ratio, Id recommend the 88-89 Supra Twin Turbo :D

Which is why most of the older users just stay out of the gt related forums. Try it, you'll enjoy yourself more. These forums are where the noobs tend to gather.

Not to throw a damper on the party, but ...

The reason new people COME to this forum is because we still like playing Gran Turismo. If you want the people who show up here who have something to offer to the site as whole to stick around long enough actually to OFFER it, it might not be the best idea to label this entire subforum the Noob Concentration Camp/GTP Daycare Center.

Which is why most of the older users just stay out of the gt related forums. Try it, you'll enjoy yourself more. These forums are where the noobs tend to gather.

ouch, that hurts, man.., i agree with CLS, it's like you are saying we are all noobs here..,

my most reasonable car?? the Lancer Evo I .., just under 10k.., a good starter car, noob-friendly, can enter quite a considerable range of events, especially the Special Conditions Hall, where you can make a lot of money with just easy races :sly:..,

@justsomedude666 - if you want to familiarize yourself with the version/chassis names of different Japanese cars, i suggest you watch a certain cult racing anime.., 💡

Back