Your opinion on G and PG games

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 11 comments

What is your opinion.

• No, you should only judge by the game itself.

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Yes, true gamers only play the most mature games.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PG is for core gamers too but G is not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
Many people at my school say that G and PG (Australian) are for children and are not for the 'core' gamer and only the mature M, MA 15+ and R 18+ (Australian) are for true gamers.
What do you think.

Have to disagree seeing how the ratchet and clank aswell as Jak and dexter series and need for speed are pg even gt5 Is G

I think you have to judge a game based on the game not the rating. Ratings are really intended to help parents decide what is suitable for their kids. Most would not want to buy a MA rated game for a 6 year old and for good reason but that does not mean that an E or G rated game can not be fun for adults. In fact the best game I have is rated E [for everyone]

I think you have to judge a game based on the game not the rating. Ratings are really intended to help parents decide what is suitable for their kids. Most would not want to buy a MA rated game for a 6 year old and for good reason but that does not mean that an E or G rated game can not be fun for adults. In fact the best game I have is rated E [for everyone]

So what game is it?

Completely agree but try telling that to the "hardcore" gamers at my school.

Many people at my school say that G and PG (Australian) are for children and are not for the 'core' gamer and only the mature M, MA 15+ and R 18+ (Australian) are for true gamers.
What do you think.

What's the rating on Gran Turismo again? Should we throw a few beheadings and explosions in just to ratchet the rating up so it can be a "true" game?

Dumb people are dumb. Don't be sucked into their dumbery.

So what game is it?
Grand Turismo 5 of Course ;) at least on the PS3 On the Xbox 360 it would be Forza, but then after I look almost every game I have on either console is rated E. Which includes some very popular games like Madden NFL, NCAA Football, Tiger Woods PGA, In fact I think the only console based game I have that is not rated E and I actually like is Magic the gathering which gets a higher rating due to blood and violence.

On the PC now I have several games that have a higher rating but that does not make them better games it just means that they contain blood, violence, language, sexual content, nudity, drugs or some other such thing that would be deemed inappropriate for children by the ratings board.

What do you think.
I think they're idiots for believing that a video game's worth can be measured by the level of violence. There are plenty of fantastic games with G and PG games, just as there are plenty of terrible games with M, MA and R ratings.

It depends on the game... Can't a 'core gamer game GT5, just because it's rated PEGI 3 (ESRB E, I think)? That's completely bogus!

I personally don't really like those PEGI 18-games, apart from Grand Theft Auto :P, but that doesn't mean you can't be a 'core gamer with GT5, or other "non-mature games".

Last edited:
Umm... Don't listen to idiots. That's what people who claim a game's age rating affects it quality are. Yeah. Gran Turismo 5 is a PEGI 3. Great game. Sonic Generations. 7. Great game. Smash Bros. 12. Great game.

If anything I think that having a higher age rating is more likely a sign of lack of quality (think of the 18 rated grim dark brown awfulness of COD, although that in no way suggests that all higher rated games are automatically worse, there have been many brilliant games with higher ratings) than of high quality. Those who claim games have to be "gritty" and "mature" to be hardcore aren't "core" gamers. They're whiny newbies who want to conform to some bizarre notion of "cool" and think that anything that contains colour or imagination is somehow "uncool" and therefore "worse"

If I want to escape from colour and joy then I'll go and stand around some 1960s tower blocks, not play a video game. Real gamers care not about image, they care about fun.

Real gamers like Kirby.

What do you think.
Only children talk this crap, even if they're older than 18 - still children.

Latest Posts

Back