Your Opinion

• Thread starter Robbyelder
  • 75 comments

MR's & FR's in major events together

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's seems like an interesting way to tune.

Oh btw this is off topic but should I keep signature as it is or replace it with this:

Human-Aaaw, c'mere you cute lil' thing... come to daddy... *hit's dog* boy I said c'mere!
Dog-Hit me again. I'll bite you back and it ain't gonna be pretty. *points at lobby members* that goes for you too.

LPTuner
It's seems like an interesting way to tune.

Oh btw this is off topic but should I keep signature as it is or replace it with this:

Human-Aaaw, c'mere you cute lil' thing... come to daddy... *hit's dog* boy I said c'mere!
Dog-Hit me again. I'll bite you back and it ain't gonna be pretty. *points at lobby members* that goes for you too.

I can't see your signature (phone app)

LPTuner
^ signature is "Drift if you can, Drift if you can't. Drift is 4 fun, Especialy if you can't---Me:D

Ah. What is your PSN ID i am pretty much certain I know you

Contrary to popular belief MR drivetrains don't have an advantage due to weight distribution. It's all about center of gravity.

As the car pivots it rotates on a more central axis. This means that as the car transitions between corners it's a lot more controlled and once the power is applied it takes less effort to accelerate. This makes the car more nimble and agile which is the main reason for MRs having quicker cornering. You CAN catch up to one whilst in a corner but once you transition out of or into another you're lost.

In terms of weight distribution, the FR platforms can mimic the distribution to seem like a MR but here's the catch. To mimic this you're also adding weight to the rear of the car. Meaning that even if it is balanced it will still take more effort for the car to pivot seeing that majority of it's weight are on both ends.

BMWs are famous for being well balanced, 50/50 cars. But these cars are engineered to corner similar to MRs and have the power of an FR. Their weight is distributed to the center rather than the front or the rear. The car is built around the suspension. Cars with stock 50/50 weight balanced are usually faster than other FRs in it's power range.

I hope this helps answer some questions.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief MR drivetrains don't have an advantage due to weight distribution. It's all about center of gravity.

We know this.

The total weight of the car is mostly distributed centrally in the car due to the location of the engine.

And yes this makes it the 'centre of gravity' as you say, the centre of force or momentum rather.

We are not referring to the car's weight balance.

We know this.

The total weight of the car is mostly distributed centrally in the car due to the location of the engine.

And yes this makes it the 'centre of gravity' as you say, the centre of force or momentum rather.

We are not referring to the car's weight balance.

The center of gravity isn't exactly what i'm looking for but more the center of mass.

In physics, the center of mass, or barycenter, of a distribution of mass in space is the unique point where the weighted relative position of the distributed mass sums to zero. The distribution of mass is balanced around the center of mass and the average of the weighted position coordinates of the distributed mass defines its coordinates. Calculations in mechanics are simplified when formulated with respect to the center of mass.

Some applications, which require the location of the center of mass, use the term "center of gravity". Examples are calculations involving aircraft, vehicles and vessels. In these cases the use of the term "center of gravity" relies upon the implicit assumption of the near earth gravitational field. In such applications "center of gravity" is defined as the point where the weight of a body can be considered to be acting.

I'm not saying ya'll didn't know I'm just trying to sum the technicalities into one post so that the few who don't know can understand "why" it's faster.

Sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_mass

Last edited:
^ kinda like my s2k LM, except I have it tuned to keep up with things with a higher power range.

Pink s2k FTW!!! You may call me. . . "Pinky" :P

^ kinda like my s2k LM, except I have it tuned to keep up with things with a higher power range.

Pink s2k FTW!!! You may call me. . . "Pinky" :P

I just hope we don't cross paths... If we do, don't try to tandem with me ^^

Just some friendly advice really ^^

I just hope we don't cross paths... If we do, don't try to tandem with me ^^

Just some friendly advice really ^^

Nydoria I have tandemed behind you and lead a few with an MR car and from the replays they looked very nice I don't see why so many people are against them. They can and will compete with the FR base cars as they have in all the mini comps. I would like to see something like the VDC run a mix of drivetrains I bet it would not be a dull event. I feel like you would be tested just like you are tested in the events now. (Formula Drift, VDC) But thats here say.

^^ I agree with this. Having a mixed drive train event would be more challenging and fun than the usually FR only stuff. . . Wouldn't you want to have a comp with MR's AND FR's and actually TRY to make a tune that can do almost the same thing?

Nydoria I have tandemed behind you and lead a few with an MR car and from the replays they looked very nice I don't see why so many people are against them. They can and will compete with the FR base cars as they have in all the mini comps. I would like to see something like the VDC run a mix of drivetrains I bet it would not be a dull event. I feel like you would be tested just like you are tested in the events now. (Formula Drift, VDC) But thats here say.

We have? I'd love some proof of that.

Do you forget that when Prodigy first started you where around quiet alot then as we grew you seemed to dissapper. Away from are group. There is no way for me to send you the replays as of right now. Seeing as I am away from home right now till around 12-21-12. But I will send you a copy when I get back in town.

Do you forget that when Prodigy first started you where around quiet alot then as we grew you seemed to dissapper. Away from are group. There is no way for me to send you the replays as of right now. Seeing as I am away from home right now till around 12-21-12. But I will send you a copy when I get back in town.

I used to yes, untill the team started to worsen. (Which is long past now btw). Looking forward to those replays, see how much i sucked back then :)

Then people have advantages. It's not competitive if you can't keep up with it no matter what. Each car has advantages and disadvantages but for a comp the less means more competitive. If you want to have the fast car that is faster than everyone else then fine. But don't plead to have it in a competition.

You should re-think your forum etiquette.

What, Magenta looks better? I'm usually polite but oh well. Can't be perfect all the time. There isn't a rule against changing colors is there? If there was than I would be wondering why we have the option. It's fun Discussing(If you can even call some of the things that happens on GTP a discussion..) in different colors. Is it not ok to be, dare I say it... Different?<--This is a quote from another GTP member. I happened to use it and am sorry for stealing it away.

If a Moderator says "Please stop using different colors to post" Then I will say "Sure, just thought I'd spice things up a bit."

What, Magenta looks better? I'm usually polite but oh well. Can't be perfect all the time. There isn't a rule against changing colors is there? If there was than I would be wondering why we have the option. It's fun Discussing(If you can even call some of the things that happens on GTP a discussion..) in different colors. Is it not ok to be, dare I say it... Different?<--This is a quote from another GTP member. I happened to use it and am sorry for stealing it away.

If a Moderator says "Please stop using different colors to post" Then I will say "Sure, just thought I'd spice things up a bit."
Your grammar is bad, that's against the rules. As well as Ford's (badly off). But we have respect for others and try not to do things that will provoke or instigate any hostility. All about forum etiquette.

My grammar is good enough for people to understand. Are you going to sue someone that doesn't speak good english because they have bad grammar, even though you usually can understand them? And I wasn't hostile. I was stating the truth. If DA won't read pink than I will use a color she WILL read when it comes to communicating with her.

When did we start caring how something looked isn't drifting supposed to be about freedom and the art of going sideways. No matter the drivetrain.

Drifting is about sharing the passion we have in the best possible way, by goign sideways. If you're going sideways in a crap way, that's not as cool as doing it well.
For example, if you are a soccer fan, what would you prefer: A game with some 5yr olds, or an all star match with Messi, etc etc...

Imo, don't ruin the purity of it because you want to do stuff your own way.
(All the times i said you, I meant you as in general.)

But it doesn't look as good so you can't allow it.

I only said D1 allowed it, to prove Orphan wrong, with his D1GP comment. Not everything D1 allows is perfect. Far from.

Back