Your Opinion

• Thread starter Robbyelder
  • 75 comments

MR's & FR's in major events together

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When did we start caring how something looked isn't drifting supposed to be about freedom and the art of going sideways. No matter the drivetrain.

That would be a more direct response to Gonales since it's a thing of her's to make such a point. No offense.

I only said D1 allowed it, to prove Orphan wrong, with his D1GP comment. Not everything D1 allows is perfect. Far from.

See above.

Gonales
Imo, don't ruin the purity of it because you want to do stuff your own way.
(All the times i said you, I meant you as in general.)

Freedom of expression. Within the confines of rule. Purity is not a rule.

Wow, I honestly did not know that there were SO MANY standards for drifting.

Certain LSD
Certain car
Certain tires
Certain drivertrain
Certain transmission
Certain appearance
Certain Tandem
List goes on

My honest opinion, you should just drift whatever you want.

Wow, I honestly did not know that there were SO MANY standards for drifting.

Certain LSD
Certain car
Certain tires
Certain drivertrain
Certain transmission
Certain appearance
Certain Tandem
List goes on

My honest opinion, you should just drift whatever you want.

SEE:

online lobbies...

I am drifting my Countach 25th Anniversary ... seems good to me, anyone interested in MR drift should give this car a try, looks cool too when sideways. Tsuchiya demonstrated how to drive MR cars in his drift bible ( the SW20 MR2 GTS ), he did not say anything bad about it, he even mentioned that it took certain skills to drift it well - he spun once too, in real life of course.

What, Magenta looks better? I'm usually polite but oh well. Can't be perfect all the time. There isn't a rule against changing colors is there? If there was than I would be wondering why we have the option. It's fun Discussing(If you can even call some of the things that happens on GTP a discussion..) in different colors. Is it not ok to be, dare I say it... Different?<--This is a quote from another GTP member. I happened to use it and am sorry for stealing it away.

If a Moderator says "Please stop using different colors to post" Then I will say "Sure, just thought I'd spice things up a bit."

Considering the member with the most posts on the entire site is an Administrator, and every single one of his posts are in Indigo; no, it's most certainly not against the rules.

That said, you're doing yourself no favours by using something like the lighter pink, as it blends into the background colour, causing undue eye strain. As someone in design, I can tell you how many people will just overlook your posts, especially if they're longer, simply because of the colour. If you like having discussions, you're handicapping yourself!

This is a forum, not MSN.

Not sure what that has to do with it, unless you're trying to get at what I said above.

Your grammar is bad, that's against the rules. As well as Ford's (badly off). But we have respect for others and try not to do things that will provoke or instigate any hostility. All about forum etiquette.

Bad grammar isn't against the rules; we expect decent grammar. It's intentionally worded that way; native English speakers' grammar absolutely should be better than someone who calls English a second or third language, so we tend to be a bit more lenient with the latter folks. That said, I can think of a few members who speak English better as a second language than other members who've grown up speaking it.

Drifting is about sharing the passion we have in the best possible way, by goign sideways. If you're going sideways in a crap way, that's not as cool as doing it well.
For example, if you are a soccer fan, what would you prefer: A game with some 5yr olds, or an all star match with Messi, etc etc...

Imo, don't ruin the purity of it because you want to do stuff your own way.
(All the times i said you, I meant you as in general.)

I only said D1 allowed it, to prove Orphan wrong, with his D1GP comment. Not everything D1 allows is perfect. Far from.
they don't allow passing

Gonales
Doesn't D1GP allow FF as well, technically speaking?

Yeah which is hard to believe.

I do partly agree with you.

I think that the classes of the cars (which I am sure D1GP does) are separated.

I mean it would be like LM racing in a race with LMs and GT500s. If you are in a GT500 then you are in that class trying to finish first. If you are in a LM then you are trying to get first in that class

Last edited:
Yes passing is allowed in certain limited occasions. The point of a tandem battle is to mirror your opponent not pass them. I hate it when I host a comp and someone asked me if passing is allowed. I tell them no the object it to mirror your opponent not pass them. Then 9/10 times they reply what if they are going to slow. Then i am like really.

Daigo Saito passed Kawabata at fuji D1GP (2009?), a couple of runs before their famous crash. It just looked like Daigo being a douche really, when he should have been on his door.

Nothing new there.

I love tandems, but tbh... When another car is a lot faster than mine, I'd just let them past.

I think the faster cars should be behind the slower one if your going for closeness in a tandem. Wouldn't having the one with the power be behind the slower one since they have the power to catch up unlike the slower?

I'll speak for us, but we as Team BURST always keep the fastest car on the back, but we never make a bigger group than 3 to avoid the massive smoke that has a negative effect on your view. But the difference between the speed of our cars is never much, it depends if the follower can follow you easliy or not. I do not wan't to be cocky here, but I never get hit from the back, the only one ramming is me lol and there is no doubt about my nudges because I actually always hit someone everytime I drift lol.

Open lobby :
If a lobby is filled with FC3S/S13/S14 and someone with less skills or experience uses a car that is waaay faster, it won't be nice to tandem. Especially since the good online lobbies are getting harder to find by day, I'd suggest to everyone to use a car in the same categorie to enjoy drifting most. If you want to drift solo, it is a different story. Come on guys, stop debating about drivetrains and drift together!

I know Tougewolf, he can follow and lead very good in his Honda NSX, I never have problems with him, but when some others are using cars that are too fast for me to handle on that moment and I do not want to use a faster car, I leave the lobby or quit gaming. It makes no sence saying RR or MR cars are bad. My team does not use MR and RR ( on behave of the RUF BTR which was/is used by 2/3 members ), but when guys from other teams or normal drifters can make us have a good time I will NEVER force him to leave or kick him. If we don't like the car that person uses, we will always tell that person that his choice of car is inappropiate for the moment.

Edit: I think FD should not be changed, however I'd like to see another good competition with some MR cars allowed, because you barely see them. I think IRL it is more difficult and more expensive to tune MR cars because most MR cars are more expensive compared to FR cars.

Last edited:
^ This is what I got from it. "stop debating and drift together, arguing is pointless because no matter what most people stand behind what they believe. People can follow FR's in MR's very well without ramming and stop hating on the RUF BTR." I got a little bit more from it but I won't say.

101 posts :3 Yay, now as I said stop hatin and start drifting.

Back