Your preferred GR3/4 cars?

• Thread starter AdamA998
  • 41 comments
My favourite Gr4 car is the Huracan. I was playing Sport mode at Kyoto last night. The Lambo can be hustled through the sweeping esses after the The first corner at full speed, whereas a lot of the competition seemed to have to ease off the gas slightly. It was a great spot to close in to allow me to make passes on the following sweeping left hander.

I haven´t do much Gr.3 racing so far, outside of what's offered in the Campaign mode. I have the McLaren and GT-R Gr.4, both of which I got as gifts. I've raced them both and like them both. For some reason the McLaren "feels" faster, although I'm faster in the GT-R. I guess it's the more aggressive engine sound and the McLaren's higher tendency to oversteer that makes it feel faster :).

I'm driving Lexus RC-F both for Gr.4 and Gr.3 (the Emil Frey prototype). I feel it's a very stable car and I have done such competitive races with them. Once you learn their weak points and throttle limits when exiting a corner (as any other Gr.3). I drove the GT-R before, and I feel they are quite similar. So those who are driving the GT-R, could you try this one and tell me your opinion?

I did some laps around Interlagos with the GR.4 class in Sports mode. I had 3 options, the Ferrari 458 Italia, Jaguar F-Type and the Peugeot RCZ. Surprisingly, I was driving my best lap times with the RCZ. When I looked at the online leaderboards for qualifying times on the that track, I saw the Atenza at #1 and #4, and the other 8 spots in the top 10 were filled with the Megane. Are they the best in class?
Browsing through Brand Central, the Subaru WRX looked to really stand out in regards to acceleration in Gr.4 class, and the Mercedes SLS seemed to have superior speed along with good acceleration.

I find the Gr.3 911 a joy to drive and although it is not always the fastest, particularly on the tracks with the longer straights, it is perfect in the corners and really lets you know what it is about to do. You get a good 1/2 second warning before it loses its tail. I gave the Ferrari a go and that was too much for me. It seemed to tell me it was about to let go once I was already facing backwards travelling across the gravel!

I really want to get one of the big front engined Gr.3's to work for me, the M6 or Jag ideally, but so far not really got to grips with them.

The only other Gr.3 I am loving is the Mcclaren. Well worth a go for those of you who like the 911. Not that different to drive - break early on the straight, tuck it in and slingshot out.

Most liked Gr4:
Ferrari 458
Peugeot RCZ
Corvette C7
Least liked Gr4:
Viper
GT-R
Cayman

Most liked Gr3:
Renault RS01
Corvette C7
R8 LMS
Least Liked Gr3:
GT-R
SLS AMG
Viper

I went with Dodge for FIA manufacturers one week and the Vipers was plenty fast but after 1.06 it has basically no speed anymore. The GT-R feels like it has no personality and is boring to drive.

GR3 is the AMG all the way. It can be a handful on some tracks especially with all the late breaking 911 and Beetle drivers trying to pass at every turn. The other 2 I like are the M6 and the 458.

I have only raced the Manufacture Fia races for GR4 since the last update since the BOP borked the class. So I use the SLS. It’s not my favorite though. I t nd to prefer the M4 or the 458 but they can’t compete with the FF monstrosities.

Grp4 - anything not FWD or 4WD, but prefer the Viper and Vette until the Cayman gets a BOP increase

Grp3 - RSR (best handling race car in the game... so good on the brakes, lovely mid corner rotation)

Gr4 I use the M4 mostly but I also love the WRX. The M4 is just a joy to drive, no weakness, other than the damn meganes.
The WRX is great too, let's you away with a lot more than the M4, can brake mega late and get on the power mega early.

Gr3 I've discovered that the Z4 is amazing, it is now my go to. Fast as and handles like its on rails. What more could you ask for.

Yes - in lobby mode.

I like RWD cars, I want it to go where I point it and let me worry about the rear with my throttle input/steering.
GR3 - RSR 911
GR4 - Viper
I really need to give some other cars a try in this game lol

I find the RSR to not feel that fast but it zooms through the track really quickly and I was surprised how I was catching up to others in the race I used it in. I still need to get used to the Gr.3 cars, they are pretty difficult to drive and my problem is mostly finding the right mode on my wheel to drive them with. Gr.4 I mostly use the F-type. But, going to try more once I unlock more.
I'm driving Lexus RC-F both for Gr.4 and Gr.3 (the Emil Frey prototype). I feel it's a very stable car and I have done such competitive races with them. Once you learn their weak points and throttle limits when exiting a corner (as any other Gr.3). I drove the GT-R before, and I feel they are quite similar. So those who are driving the GT-R, could you try this one and tell me your opinion?

I bought that Lexus thinking it would be a stable car. Initially it is a bit tricky, need more time with it. It does well with a driver that can master it.
I find the Gr.3 911 a joy to drive and although it is not always the fastest, particularly on the tracks with the longer straights, it is perfect in the corners and really lets you know what it is about to do. You get a good 1/2 second warning before it loses its tail. I gave the Ferrari a go and that was too much for me. It seemed to tell me it was about to let go once I was already facing backwards travelling across the gravel!

I really want to get one of the big front engined Gr.3's to work for me, the M6 or Jag ideally, but so far not really got to grips with them.

The only other Gr.3 I am loving is the Mcclaren. Well worth a go for those of you who like the 911. Not that different to drive - break early on the straight, tuck it in and slingshot out.

The 458 Gr.3 has amazing brakes, it is a fun car to drive to me. Probably one of the funnest Gr.3 cars I've driven, the steering feels direct but it is difficult to drive at the same time.

Gr4 I use the M4 mostly but I also love the WRX. The M4 is just a joy to drive, no weakness, other than the damn meganes.
The WRX is great too, let's you away with a lot more than the M4, can brake mega late and get on the power mega early.

Gr3 I've discovered that the Z4 is amazing, it is now my go to. Fast as and handles like its on rails. What more could you ask for.

I enjoy the Z4 as well, it feels quicker than the M6 and does better for me on tracks with tight corners.

Back