Your question to Kazunori Yamauchi or Gilles Vidal

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 342 comments
France
France
Nous aurons l'honneur de rencontrer le créateur de Gran Turismo ainsi que le directeur du style de Peugeot. Si vous avez des questions pour eux, c'est le moment !

Afin de fêter l'arrivée de la Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo dans Gran Turismo 6, nous aurons l'occasion de rencontrer demain Kazunori Yamauchi, créateur de la saga Gran Turismo et Gilles Vidal, directeur du style Peugeot. Cette voiture a été spécialement créé pour GT6, en réponse à un défi lancé par Yamauchi, qui consistait créer une voiture d'exception à l'occasion des 15 ans de la franchise.

Si vous avez des questions à poser à Kazunori Yamauchi ou Gilles Vidal au sujet de Gran Turismo, de la Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo, ou du design chez Peugeot en général, c'est le moment, proposez-les en commentaires !
We will have the honour of meeting the creator of Gran Turismo and the Styling Director of Peugeot. If you have any questions for them, now's the time!

To celebrate the arrival of the Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo in Gran Turismo 6, we will have the opportunity to meet tomorrow Kazunori Yamauchi, creator of the Gran Turismo series and Gilles Vidal, Styling Director of Peugeot. This car was specially created for GT6, in response to a challenge from Yamauchi, who wanted to create exceptional cars for the 15th anniversary of the franchise.

If you have any questions to ask Gilles Vidal or Kazunori Yamauchi on Gran Turismo, the Peugeot Vision Gran Turismo, or design at Peugeot in general, now is the time, so offer them in comments!

http://www.jeuxvideo-live.com/news/...yamauchi-et-gilles-vidal--73121#ixzz3c4wy6hKS

Sorry for French.

You can ask about GT6, Pikes Peak, VGTs, FIA, etc. Perhaps GT7....

I will select the best questions and I'll keep you posted. You have until tomorrow - French time, GMT - :)

Suggested questions :

Please note that the list is not final:

If there are corrections or changes, please let me know

Kazunori Yamauchi:

GT6:

Among features promised in Gran Turismo 6, via update, only one hasn't been released: course maker.
What is its status? Can we expect to see course maker, this summer or later in the year?

FIA:

There are a few months, thanks to your partnership, you announced a FIA Championship for Gran Turismo players in 2015. When it will be launched on Gran Turismo 6 ? Can you tell us more, especially sort of cars and tracks will be used ?

Pikes Peak:

PoDi became the main sponsor of PPIHC (Pikes Peak International Hill Climb) to be held in late June. Will you participate in this event ? If yes, what is your feeling ?

You have added a lot of news cars special Pikes Peak in Gran Turismo 6. Can we hope to have this circuit in Gran Turismo 6 via an update?

Can we expect to see Peugeot 208 Pikes Peak in Gran Turismo série ?

VGTs:

With your Vision Gran Turismo project, we can see how manufacturers can be creative when there is no limit. Are you satisfied with the results until now ? Will you continue this project for future installments ?

GT7:

Is the development of Gran Turismo 7 well advanced?

Gilles Vidal:

How did Peugeot develop it's partnership with PD and does Peugeot want to become more involved for the next installments of Gran Turismo?

What cars does Monsieur Vidal want to see in Gran Turismo from Peugeot and why?

Last edited:
My question would be "Could you tell your fans why you were unable to respond to the dedicated Questions and Answers forum (on GTPlanet) that you said you would answer to?"

There would be little need to answer any other questions tomorrow if they were responded to in the first place, that forum covered just about everything, which had hundreds(?) of questions and many hours of input from possibly their most dedicated collection of customers.

As much as I doubt they'll answer them truthfully and as precise to the point as possible, I've got one regarding the FIA Online Championship;

"When the FIA Online Championship is released on GT6, what sort of cars and tracks will be used, and when can we, realistically, see it release?"

Or;

"What ever happened to the KW Suspension '7-Post' system that was rumoured to be included into GT6?"

Could you ask about a potential Spec 2.0? Is it already planned?
And also about Course Maker of course ^^
Oh and I would like to know a bit more about that FIA collaboration!

Thanks! :)

As much as I doubt they'll answer them truthfully and as precise to the point as possible, I've got one regarding the FIA Online Championship;

"When the FIA Online Championship is released on GT6, what sort of cars and tracks will be used, and when can we, realistically, see it release?"

Or;

"What ever happened to the KW Suspension '7-Post' system that was rumoured to be included into GT6?"

Swear some of you guys...good grief. You honestly think spewing hostile questions like that is somehow gonna magically make them want to communicate with you?

These are the types of question that I want to see :)

On what basis do you decide which cars are to be added to your games? Aside from licensing, is there anything stopping you from adding e.g. BMW e39 M5 or the Alfa Romeo 4C?

Are you planning to add a bigger variety of customization options? Like more rims or body kits? Or additional elements like, say, custom-side-mirrors-like-in-the-Aventador type of accents?

Could you be more involved with the community

Where is course maker

Any news on GT7

Question pour Kazunori Yamauchi:
1: Pourriez vous nous indiquer pourquou vous avez décidé de ne pas répondre aux questions que les internautes vous ont posé sur GTPlanet alors que vous memes avez au début décidé de commencer ce projet avec GTPlanet?

2: Pourriez vous où en est le stade d'avancement du créateur de circuit et pourquoi est-ce que cette fonctionnalité necessite autant de temps de developpement?

3: Pourriez vous nous parler de GT7 et si il sera présent dans à l'E3 ou lors d'autres expositions?

Please, address all your questions in English, here. Google Trad is a very bad idea.

I'd be interested in wheel support for GT7, assuming it's firmly in development at the minute. So my question would be;

"Will Gran Turismo 7, when released on PlayStation 4, have full wheel support for those currently supported in Gran Turismo 6. i.e Logitech G25, G27, most Fanatec wheels etc, which seem to be ignored by current Next-Gen racing titles?"

I'm aware that there was a thing going around saying that Logitech isn't supported on PS4, but I've plugged my G27 into it and it turned on, calibrated and set itself up without any problems. But it then wouldn't work in-game as they don't give any support to wheels that aren't Thrustmaster.

My real two questions:

"How close is GT7 to being complete?"

"Will there be more tuning options?"

1. GT7 & E3 2015 ? (even if jordan and amar have "confirmed" that there will be nothing, I want to hear it from Kaz :))
2. FIA Online Championship -> TT or real races against others ? When ?
3. Course Maker -> What is the status ? When ?

Question to Monsieur Vidal
How did Peugeot develop it's partnership with PD and does Peugeot want to become more involved for the next installments of Gran Turismo?

A very beautiful racing version of the PeugeotConcept was designed for GT6, why was it not released for the game?

What cars does Monsieur Vidal want to see in Gran Turismo from Peugeot and why?

Question to Mr. Yamauchi
Will it be possible for a player to get connected to a manufacturer in GT7 for progressing through the game?

Will Gran Turismo focus more on the racing experience in the future or will the focus be to enjoy driving the cars and collecting?

Last edited:
what kind of physics intend to implement to GT7 , it will be a decisive step towards the simulation or remain more or less that of GT6 as as assetto corsa is coming out on ps4.

Swear some of you guys...good grief. You honestly think spewing hostile questions like that is somehow gonna magically make them want to communicate with you?

If they aren't prepared to answer any challenging questions, particularly about the company's motives, then they shouldn't be holding any form of Q&A session and remain silent as they pretty much have done anyway.

1. Is there a possibility to add a little more customization to standard and premium cars? ( like numberplates on standard cars- on the R8 LMS)
  2. How do you or your staff get the ideas of things to add to GT?
  3. Is there a possibility to see a proper multi-class race in GT6?
  4. Are you or your team currently happy with the course maker development or there are things that you could not implement?
  5. Livery editor and current base model cars: are they related? is there a chance to see a proper evolution of the base models?
  6. Are you artistically satisfied with the development of the GT series or do you think it should focus more on certain aspects?
  7. is there a chance to get more Ruf models on GT?
  8. Is there a chance to get more customization options for the current Rufs on GT?
  9. As long as you can tell,is there any chance to see Porsche in GT7?
  10. Do you plan more seasonals a la "24 min of daytona"? ( yes i really enjoyed it.)
  11. What are the current relations with car manufacturers in GT? can we expect any newcomer?
  12. Given that GT6 is costantly updated (see the various added sounds to the braking, sound update) is there any new on the weather effects?
  13. Are you planning to update any of the current Gt6 track at the moment?
  14. There are rumors on a game called "Gran Turismo Sport", can you say anything about that?
  15. Is there a possibility to update the offline events?
  16. Is there a possibility in creating a offline championship/ race generator/maker on the current GT6?
  17. How is currently going the VGT program? satisfied until now? wanted to see any particular car manfacturer?
  18. favourite games aside racing games?
  19. has ever PD considered to develop any different game aside racing games?
  20. Is the GTAcademy initiative ever going to end?
  21. Satisfied with the GTAcademy results until now?
  22. are you going to compete in this years 24h of Le Mans ?

gt6 and gt7 , will have them the possibility to create an offline races with customizable cars grid and categories too ,like: road cars , race cars , pp, lm,vgt ?
My own answer is no.
I realized when the game came out with a little change , no track line help(like gt5) for the split screen mode.
Sure the future is online, but here in Italy the net goes really bad everywhere, i will love GT titles if it gave to me the chance to enjoy a better offline mode, the net's troubles give an extra handicap for who could have a good playing moments.
Please fix the Bmw z4 gt3 sound!

If they aren't prepared to answer any challenging questions, particularly about the company's motives, then they shouldn't be holding any form of Q&A session and remain silent as they pretty much have done anyway.
Your question, at least to me, wasn't hostile. There were a few others which have now been deleted by Mods that were not only hostile, but incredibly childish. Your question would be quite interesting to see how he (Kaz) answers it.

Back