Your real car in GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter csevin
  • 203 comments
  • 23,026 views
My old car (silvia s14a) is in the game,the wheels too.👍 GT4 was the cause of the build.:dopey:
P1010582.jpg
sxblok.jpg


God i miss that car!:guilty:

My current one is a Toyota rav4 which is not in the game.👎:)
 
I know what I am saying here and I'm sure some of you will understand. All I wanted was to see my 97 Maxima in the game. Always wanted to drive it to its limit in gt5, as well as perform sine tuning mods just for fun. I just don't see why PD decides to include Scions, Nissan Sentras! (Awful) and a vast array of pretty normal if not just plain bad cars. Even the new Maxima and Altimas would be a nice addition. I just don't see why they aren't in the game
 
Real...

3498560169_6e0e3bb58e_z.jpg


Game...

5220525846_8e990b4478_z.jpg


I also had a modded Honda S2000 (sold) and Mini Cooper S (wife's and traded in for an Audi A4).

1394059869_496497d1a3_z.jpg
 
My corolla T Sport is in, under the guise of the Corolla RUNX Australian version.

unfortunately its got a lower rev limit than my car, seems to be 7800 as opposed to my cars 8250 rpm limit...

dsc00041am.jpg


yea i went stage 1 airfilter on it. got it lowered and now have a strut brace on the front end too! plus a rear whiteline sway bar.

lower2.jpg
 
I have a LeMans blue 06' C6 Corvette and the closest thing to it is the LeMans Blue 06' Corvette Z06 premium. On the license tests I have not been able to get a single gold trophy except for the one that required the Corvette C6 Z06. Got gold on the first try and I really felt like I was driving my own but with a few extra HP. I would know, I got a ticket for going 155mph. I'm still kind peeved that they don't have the C6 Corvette on GT5. They have the Z06 and the ZR1 but it would have been nice to have the C6 Z51... Forza 3 also did a nice job with the Corvette Z06, BUT to the proportions were just not right on Forza. On GT5 they got the proportions right! 👍

My car:

Behind best buy




On the open road



Rest area




On the highway



I've upgraded the air intake, exhaust, tint, black outs on foglights and rear tail lights and even tuned the car.. However this is my best modification. haha

 
My old car (silvia s14a) is in the game,the wheels too.👍 GT4 was the cause of the build.:dopey:
P1010582.jpg
sxblok.jpg


God i miss that car!:guilty:

My current one is a Toyota rav4 which is not in the game.👎:)

Wow, for a second I thought that was my old car!

3829316360_2cc57f1b0d_b.jpg
 
I own an 04 RX-8, there's an 07 in the game. Close enough! It was the second car I purchased in game. I love it! Just wish I could put my factory rear spoiler on. Very very glad my baby made it to the Premium list!
 
I have a 2006 Miata and bought the 2007 in-game. The exterior is excellent. Haven't looked at the interior. Mine is a 5-speed and the in-game version is a 6-speed but 0-60 time is pretty close. I don't have a racing wheel so it's hard to judge the "feel" of the car but it seemed decent in the couple of stock test runs I did.
 
I have an 04 Dodge SRT-4

Im basing this off of GT4 because I havent been able to find the SRT-4 in Used Cars yet.

The car actually looks a little better in game then it does in real life. It seems a bit lower and wider in the game, where as anyone can tell you that the exterior of an SRT-4 is just a dressed up Neon (not that it looks bad, just not as sporty as some like).

Where the game really fails is in it's performance. The SRT-4 in real life is a hell of a lot faster then it is in game. When I put her on the Vegas strip in GT4 she was running 1/4 mile times a full second slower then the 13.8's i was hitting in real life (Thats stock). I was being paced and even out performed by RSX's in GT4 where as in real life an RSX, unless it was heavily modified, doesnt have a hope.

Another peeve of mine was the fact that you couldnt squeeze the kind of power out of the SRT-4 in game like you can in real life. I havent tracked my car since upgrading it, but another SRT running very similar mods to mine (Meth Injection, Diablosport Tuner, BFMIC, Exhaust etc...) Was breaking into the 12's on under 2 grand. I dumped 40 G's into the SRT-4 in game and dont think i got much more then 340 hp. There are SRT-4's running close to 600 HP on big Turbo set-ups for 10-15 g's. (way too much power for a FWD car ;P )

I understand PD cant spend all the time that we'd like on each of our cars but I'd like to see more accuracy in performance at least.
 
I just sold my 611whp 92 civic hatch... I saw the standard model and it is spot on less the torque steer, straight line acceleration, and noise (open downpipe)... just wish I could be able to put carbon fiber and drag wheels on it....

I also owned a 86 Camaro - pretty similar to the IROC, less the spoiler - feels almost the same, though mine had more oversteer, and I will be playing with settings to get it the same.

Other than that, I now own a 4 door 93 civic and 2004 cavalier (wife's pos)

I am glad to see no cavalier - that would have been a waste of programming.

I am disappointed that none were Premium... I am hoping for that in DLC to come.
 
I own an 04 RX-8, there's an 07 in the game. Close enough! It was the second car I purchased in game. I love it! Just wish I could put my factory rear spoiler on. Very very glad my baby made it to the Premium list!

I've got an '04 RX-8 myself. Love that car.

Anyway, I think I remember seeing another RX-8 in the used car lot, that wasn't the 07 S-type.

My next Premium car purchase will likely be the RX-8, though. :)
 
The closest thing to my real life car is the 2000 Cobra R. I have a modified 2000 Mustang GT.
 
I just sold my 611whp 92 civic hatch... I saw the standard model and it is spot on less the torque steer, straight line acceleration, and noise (open downpipe)... just wish I could be able to put carbon fiber and drag wheels on it....

I also owned a 86 Camaro - pretty similar to the IROC, less the spoiler - feels almost the same, though mine had more oversteer, and I will be playing with settings to get it the same.

Other than that, I now own a 4 door 93 civic and 2004 cavalier (wife's pos)

I am glad to see no cavalier - that would have been a waste of programming.

I am disappointed that none were Premium... I am hoping for that in DLC to come.

Because its not Japanese seriously. At least your real car is in there none of the Mustangs that I have ever owned have been in a GT game. (But GT2 had the '98 Cobra which is at least the same body style.
 
I have the 99 blk/sil Viper GTS just like mine in real life. I track the car 4-5 times a year and put the same suspension setup on it as I have in real life. Lots of fun to drive but not as much fun as real life

Real life Sebring:
27175_1260080621890_1225908659_30604181_3525940_n.jpg


Real life Daytona:
16433_1152282767011_1225908659_30381450_2139131_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
my car apparently is too good to be put in this game according to PD
 
My car is in (WRX STI V5), but standard, I'm a bit disappointed as the equivalent Evo (Evo 4) is premium.

Anyway my real car has a 3" exhaust and filter which does nudge power a bit and the GT version isn't as fast to 100km/h. Handling wise they are pretty similar, my real car has larger wheels and tyres so slightly different.

The biggest difference is the noise, my real car has that unmistakable Subaru rumble where the GT version sounds like a weed whacker!
 
I drive E46 M3 in real life and I did buy on in GT5 (I got it painteed the same colour as my real one as well)..... A bit sad but had to be done....

Kept the game car standard except for tires.....
 
Close but not quite. I drive a Corvette C6 coupe. Closest in the game is the C6 Z06. I owned a Corvette C5 Z06 once, though, and it is in the game.
IMG_0644_64.jpg

I also had a '69 Camaro SS 396 and a '70 Corvette Convertible back in the day and can get close with those too. '69 Z28 and '69 Corvette Convertible
 
Last edited:
I drive a 2007 Infiniti G35 sedan however it's AT as my dealer doesn't care about MT lover lol. The exact car is in the game except Nissan badges. It's premium. Although I was going to buy it, but ended taking the 370Z lol. I am aiming to buy it in real life.

I will buy one soon as I got more time to play GT5.
 
I'm blessed!:guilty:

'72 Austin Mini Cooper
73567_455044099196_585164196_5087425_6030585_n.jpg


'66 Shelby Cobra (Superformance)
n585164196_1560420_2647344.jpg


'66 Ford GT40 (CAV)
n585164196_248353_2697.jpg


'01 MB CL600
n585164196_488797_3697.jpg
 
I have the waterdowned version of the EP3 vs. EP3R. Can't really compare since my real car is 40 hp & 1 gear shy of the video game. :(
 
I own an 09 S2000 and so my car isn't in there but I do own the Premium 06 version and have to say that on Comfort Soft it doesn't handle quite the same as the 09.

But then they changed the geometry for the 09 cars and made them a lot less twitchy. I've done a couple of trackdays in my S2000 and it drives more predictably than the GT5 '06 car.

One thing I have noticed too is that the top speed is way off. When my car only had 2,000 miles on it, it hit 154mph on the GPS and oi'll be fooked if the GT5 car will get much above 140mph on the 'ring.

166160_474279077412_666642412_6260950_147931_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
My brother has a megane sport which he modded to around 300bhp and it is very similar on the inside aswell as the outside. It seems to be similar in terms of handling and power but obviously I cant judge that.

Im amazed by this game.
 
I couldn't buy the same color so I tried to get one close and it didn't work too well but it's not too bad I guess.

5300970390_192feeb2ec.jpg


5300364265_83d3bf2bf4.jpg
 
Back