Your reporter asks Tiff Needell about GT4...

• Thread starter Jimjams
  • 46 comments
amp88
The other basic difference between 5th and Top Gear is that the 5th Gear crew can actually drive...well apart from Tom Ford ;)
They're all ex-race drivers exept for Tom Ford, thats why. Clarkson can drive better than the average bloke but they do their lap comparisons with Stig at the wheel and he's a race driver.

pSI civic
i dont watch the show much but tiff driving the new bmw m5 was pretty sweet.

I haven't seen that one, but Tiff driving the E39 M5 was awesome, because he was just drifting around an abandoned airport in the wet, and even did a 360. Then they had him go back in time, Back-to-the-Future-style, to the beginning of that feature, just to drive the M5 some more, 'cause he was enjoying it so much. :lol:

live4speed
They're all ex-race drivers exept for Tom Ford, thats why. Clarkson can drive better than the average bloke but they do their lap comparisons with Stig at the wheel and he's a race driver.

Plato's a current driver, is he not?

I watch both 5th and Top Gear and am familiar with their formats and presenters.

i think they show 5th gear more here in the us. i think i've seen one top gear but several 5th gears.

i watched that vid of tiff in the new v10 m5 on the net. he was drifiting it around some track in france i think.

I like 5th gear better, Tiff rocks.

Clarkson and Top gear is a good show too though.

I think its hard to compare the two shows as they both have a lot to offer, however i find Clarksons complete arrogance and BBC's budget a much more entertain show on the "hole" lol...

Tiff's driving ability however exceeds that of any of the top gear crew (imo), for example when they were reviewing the Sti 6 (tiff) and Evo 6 (Vicki Butler-Henderson).... and u see Tiff do a massive power slide in something that isnt meant to "slide" lol

i was watching 5th gear this morning and tiff was driving a bwm m5 with 4 runflat tires with holes in them at 100mph and even doing 90mph turns.

TonkaT
I think its hard to compare the two shows as they both have a lot to offer, however i find Clarksons complete arrogance and BBC's budget a much more entertain show on the "hole" lol...

Tiff's driving ability however exceeds that of any of the top gear crew (imo), for example when they were reviewing the Sti 6 (tiff) and Evo 6 (Vicki Butler-Henderson).... and u see Tiff do a massive power slide in something that isnt meant to "slide" lol

what do u mean? i've seen punk rich kids who just got their license powersliding evo's and STi's.

and vicki's only good at driving certian cars.

Lets face it, Tiff and Vicki are better drivers than Clarkson but Clarkson is a far more entertaining presenter. Plus Topgear does more stupid and funny things.

Mad Murphy NZ
Lets face it, Tiff and Vicki are better drivers than Clarkson but Clarkson is a far more entertaining presenter. Plus Topgear does more stupid and funny things.

Yeah...Like seeing a bunch of old women getting into a Honda S2000 and doing donuts! Or better yet, a bunch of old men in a Nissan 300ZX and getting it to light up (burn) the rear tires! I thought those two shows were funny as hell!

Top Gear though is a much different show then 5th Gear, so it's really not fair to compare the two shows IMHO!

Gabkicks
what do u mean? i've seen punk rich kids who just got their license powersliding evo's and STi's.

and vicki's only good at driving certian cars.

Easy!

Tiff jus stepped in the car and made it powerslide.. not many punk rich kids can do that and not crash!

(yes, it was on a track blah blah)

I dunno, its jus his ability to jump in a car and do whatever!!

I think The Stig could take on Tiff Needell any day of the week. Sure i like how Tiff does his racing line but The Stig is a pro racing driver aswell folks.

Back