Your suggestions for cars with painted stock rims?

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 92 comments
I would suggest if you have the DLC to get a maserati gt with Military 02 paint on the body, but with matte black rims. That would be absolutely sick and I would trade you 2 tickets and maybe even 5 paints for that.
Also a camaro with matte black and matte red rims would be sweet as would any muscle car.
A stealth looking vette/viper would also be sick, black on black? Cool stuff. Just my opinion

@christara, i dont suppose theres much chance you could cancel 1?

If only I could mate.:(
Thats why 2 PS3s would be a godsend, Cut down on a lot of my work.LOL:)
Chat soon bye for now.:)

I would suggest if you have the DLC to get a maserati gt with Military 02 paint on the body, but with matte black rims. That would be absolutely sick and I would trade you 2 tickets and maybe even 5 paints for that.
Also a camaro with matte black and matte red rims would be sweet as would any muscle car.
A stealth looking vette/viper would also be sick, black on black? Cool stuff. Just my opinion

Nice opinion too.👍
I wouldn,t mind seeing some of the new DLC on the rims. If possible.?

Please PM me how you came back to ver. 2 cause there's 2 cars I'll would like to try one is untradable the enzo with black rims .. So can you explain me the glitch and how to go back to ver 2.00

Ha i just thought the military with matte black rims... Ooooo. Do bad ya cant paint the range stormers wheels :( We could make a humvee

Thanks but it doesn't say if you lose 11' cars and dlc for ever

And doesn't explaint the setup glitch :(

GREAT NEWS! Just tried the BMW 1 Series Concept 'tii' which has a white body that has matte black parts - and the car works!! It has matte black rims now, matches perfectly to the body. Trust me, that looks awesome. Pictures added later.

Please add Toyota Supra '88 and F458 Italia '09 with Silver Chrome Stock Rims 👍

Tried both, they don't work unfortunately. Sorry. :(

Oh sorry lol, i ment i have 2 0/0 glitch cars and recently i bought a celica rally car with UCD miles, it had something like 23,000 miles then i tuned and such and raced it and when i changed car the miles reset to 7.5 miles and the switch disappeared.

Ah, okay. So it was a random glitch/bug that just happened. I thought you meant to do it manually, like I can do now with the tuning sheets.

Nice idea, doesn't work anyway. I haven't bought the DLCs yet, luckily, otherwise I'd lose them all or just had to rebuy them. They would have been deleted when I removed GT5 from my PS3, not sure what about the cars then, as they are also saved in my save game.

Nice opinion too.👍
I wouldn,t mind seeing some of the new DLC on the rims. If possible.?

^ See above. :indiff:

Please PM me how you came back to ver. 2 cause there's 2 cars I'll would like to try one is untradable the enzo with black rims .. So can you explain me the glitch and how to go back to ver 2.00

Yup, the Enzo is untradeable, plus it doesn't work. If you tell me the other car, I can test it for you. That would spare you much time and effort I guess.

I can tell you how to get back, but as I wrote in the OP, it takes about 3 hours to backup, delete, install again, download the patches, install the patches, get the backups back into GT5, and stuff. There are more things that take ages to load, the car icons for example, 95% of them disappeared.

Thanks but it doesn't say if you lose 11' cars and dlc for ever

And doesn't explaint the setup glitch :(

I guess you won't lose the cars (no guarantee though!) if they are saved in your GT5 garage already, anyway, you would have some trouble then I guess.

The setup glitch is pretty easy actually. Buy a car, install tuning rims, paint them, change to tuning sheet B (since update 2.00 you can switch between 3 tuning sheets so that you can install several tunes on the same car). The car will have painted stock rims now. Anyway, it doesn't work with every car, so I use a backup of my save file to test the cars before I really save them.

I'm still testing the cars, mostly using cars that are in my garage already to test if they work. That makes the whole process easier, so if I find a car that works I buy it, if not, I don't need to get back to my backup.

I some very strange issues though... after I changed the tuning sheets on several cars, 10 maybe, the game kept showing the tuning rims no matter which tuning sheet I used. Restarted GT5, but it kept happening with many cars. :(

Also, I noticed that it's important that you installed stock rims before you try the glitch. I have a BMW M5 which I tried to use the glitch on, so I changed the tuning sheet to B and after that to C and it showed me on both sheets the tuning rims I had previously (ages ago) installed. I think this is quite an important detail.

Now I'm having many issues with cars that just keep the tuning rims... it seems to depend on the specific car even. I have a few BMW M3s, tried them all, on 2 the stock rims came back in stock colour, on 3 others the tuning rims just stayed.

That bug is really annoying, you need to try the same car several times to get things working (or just to see that it DOESN'T work - very frustrating if you needed to try over and over again...).

So far, after about one hour spent on trying out all my cars, I only found 2 new working cars (added to opening post now). More to follow hopefully, I'll also try the old Skylines and the Maserati GTS as they are known as working already.

I'm still testing the cars, mostly using cars that are in my garage already to test if they work. That makes the whole process easier, so if I find a car that works I buy it, if not, I don't need to get back to my backup.

I some very strange issues though... after I changed the tuning sheets on several cars, 10 maybe, the game kept showing the tuning rims no matter which tuning sheet I used. Restarted GT5, but it kept happening with many cars. :(

Also, I noticed that it's important that you installed stock rims before you try the glitch. I have a BMW M5 which I tried to use the glitch on, so I changed the tuning sheet to B and after that to C and it showed me on both sheets the tuning rims I had previously (ages ago) installed. I think this is quite an important detail.

Now I'm having many issues with cars that just keep the tuning rims... it seems to depend on the specific car even. I have a few BMW M3s, tried them all, on 2 the stock rims came back in stock colour, on 3 others the tuning rims just stayed.

That bug is really annoying, you need to try the same car several times to get things working (or just to see that it DOESN'T work - very frustrating if you needed to try over and over again...).

So far, after about one hour spent on trying out all my cars, I only found 2 new working cars (added to opening post now). More to follow hopefully, I'll also try the old Skylines and the Maserati GTS as they are known as working already.

Good work though. 2 new cars are not too bad for an hour of testing...

Good work though. 2 new cars are not too bad for an hour of testing...

I guess. I'm creating several Maserati GTS at the moment, dude, such an awesome car.
The Nissan, unfortunately, is quite ugly including the rims, so I don't think many people would trade that one. Also, I'm very disappointed that cars like both C6 Corvettes, the Gallardo and the GT-R don't work, they all would look god damn pretty with black stock rims.
But the BMW tii looks nice I think... let's see if I can find some more.

Hi,

KiroKai
So you got the car, painted the rims, changed the tuning sheet, took it on a photo travel and it's STILL 0/0/0? Lucky guy

I tried to paint the wheels of 2 Lamborghini's (gallardo and murcielago SV) but they failed, I painted the Maserati and it kept 0/0/0
It was lucky indeed, however if you have taken the car to photo location, and then get out of it, it goes to 1/0/0 (1 switch) but I was lucky to have saved a backup before I did that, and so I put back my backupfile and there it was still 0/0/0.

Don't try too many, as it only costs you very mucht time and you still have to trade em lolol ;)

Try the Alfa Romeo 8C, cause that's an awesome looking car too. Try painting the rims black too with white original Alfa color body.
Another good idea is painting the Maserati rims Matte white, as I would try, I think that looks awesome too.

This>
Kyoto-Shoren-in.jpg

it needs black or white wheels

Last edited:
Hi,

KiroKai
So you got the car, painted the rims, changed the tuning sheet, took it on a photo travel and it's STILL 0/0/0? Lucky guy

I tried to paint the wheels of 2 Lamborghini's (gallardo and murcielago SV) but they failed, I painted the Maserati and it kept 0/0/0
It was lucky indeed, however if you have taken the car to photo location, and then get out of it, it goes to 1/0/0 (1 switch) but I was lucky to have saved a backup before I did that, and so I put back my backupfile and there it was still 0/0/0.

Don't try too many, as it only costs you very mucht time and you still have to trade em lolol ;)

I tried too many already... :lol:
Spent another hour now trying cars out, no new working cars found unfortunately. Gotta update the list now, and will add a new advertisement banner to the OP showing some shots of a Maserati... :)

Try the Alfa Romeo 8C, cause that's an awesome looking car too. Try painting the rims black too with white original Alfa color body.
Another good idea is painting the Maserati rims Matte white, as I would try, I think that looks awesome too.

Matte White is cool! Will try later. And thanks for the suggestion, I think I haven't tried the 8C yet.

Dunno if its been said but the newer volkswagen GTI has cool rims to?

Yes, but it doesn't work on that car. :(

If you can get this with a Green chrome type Rim of some sort in 0/0/0.
You may be looking at one of your first customers.:D
BMW 1 Series Concept tii '07

Sorry for poor quality not had much time to work on it.:D
picture.php

Last edited:
If you can get this with a Green chrome type Rim of some sort in 0/0/0.
You may be looking at one of your first customers.:D
BMW 1 Series Concept tii '07

Sorry for poor quality not had much time to work on it.:D
picture.php

OMG, sorry, but that looks really terrible. I want to make cars looking nicer, not like a clown. :lol:

And how should I get green chrome? I have no DLC... mentioned that before.

I want that BMW 1 serie with black matte rims you made I'll trade you tickets or dlc paint

Be patient.

What was the blue colour on the rims, i know you said you dont have DLC but that looks like dark blue chrome lol.

As I've written ON THE PICTURE it has normal chrome rims. Please open your eyes. :P
Anyway, sorry for the confusion, the car has silver chrome rims. The blue tones are reflections from the Red Bull Hangar-7, where I took the pictures.

You Guys have any list of cars in which this glitch works?, I'll end up trying out if there are enough cool cars to do it

As I've written ON THE PICTURE it has normal chrome rims. Please open your eyes. :P
Anyway, sorry for the confusion, the car has silver chrome rims. The blue tones are reflections from the Red Bull Hangar-7, where I took the pictures.

cant blame the person...
Beste place is in the sun, well not too much of it,like Switserland, or Kyoto to take the photos, to let people not be confused ;)

Please do letme know whether the Alfa 8C 's rims can be painted, thanks ;)

Last edited:
You Guys have any list of cars in which this glitch works?, I'll end up trying out if there are enough cool cars to do it

Check the first post, I added 3 lists there. One with the cars that still need to be tested, one with working cars (not that much yet...) and one with the tested ones that don't work.

cant blame the person...
Beste place is in the sun, well not too much of it,like Switserland, or Kyoto to take the photos, to let people not be confused ;)

Please do letme know whether the Alfa 8C 's rims can be painted, thanks ;)

I'll do shots again when I'm back on 2.01 of all modified cars (don't worry - backup of the save file will mean the changes don't count).
About the 8C, I can't test it right now, maybe I'll have some time tomorrow, maybe not... there's still something called real life (GT5 has better graphics still!). :P
Anyway, thanks for your suggestion. If you want to know if it works with more specific cars, feel free to ask. :)

I'll try to get things ready until the end of next week, still open for more suggestions.

OMG, sorry, but that looks really terrible. I want to make cars looking nicer, not like a clown. :lol:

And how should I get green chrome? I have no DLC... mentioned that before.
Be patient.

I like Green mate, Its different stroke for different folk.👍
What one see,s as a beauty some see has a failure.:D
I don,t like impressionists has artist but I can admire other artist.:indiff:
Plus I said something like Green Chrome. Plenty of Metallics fall into that bracket.?
Plus if you see some of the creations I have see online you may pull your hair out.LOL:)

I like Green mate, Its different stroke for different folk.👍
What one see,s as a beauty some see has a failure.:D
I don,t like impressionists has artist but I can admire other artist.:indiff:
Plus I said something like Green Chrome. Plenty of Metallics fall into that bracket.?
Plus if you see some of the creations I have see online you may pull your hair out.LOL:)

Okay, I'll do that car especially for you then. Still, in my opinion it looks awful, but well, I need to be friendly to my customers I guess. :P
Not sure if I'll find a proper green tone, but I'll try. What would you think about the green tone of the BMW 2002 turbo? The car would include some historic content then.

Okay, I'll do that car especially for you then. Still, in my opinion it looks awful, but well, I need to be friendly to my customers I guess. :P
Not sure if I'll find a proper green tone, but I'll try. What would you think about the green tone of the BMW 2002 turbo? The car would include some historic content then.

What about Le Mans Green???

:yuck: Now you,ve said it mate I just do not know what to do LOL:D
I will wait see if there is some whacky colours you come up with.?
But I do like Green tho.:)
I was going to Chrome the car when I got it but maybe it may look better already in a Green paint to match the wheels.:D
NOT sure if the car is paintable.?
Now am all confused.:nervous:
Chat soon mate bye for now.:)

:yuck: Now you,ve said it mate I just do not know what to do LOL:D
I will wait see if there is some whacky colours you come up with.?
But I do like Green tho.:)
I was going to Chrome the car when I got it but maybe it may look better already in a Green paint to match the wheels.:D
NOT sure if the car is paintable.?
Now am all confused.:nervous:
Chat soon mate bye for now.:)

The car is indeed paintable as I've just tested it, and it keeps the black bonnet and stripe ;) Looks good in Matte light green, maybe the green wheels would be nice aswell 👍

Back