Your thoughts on DiRT 5's gameplay

• Thread starter GTxForza
  • 9 comments
Australia
Australia
Dear off-roading racing fans in DiRT Series board

Nearly a day ago, one of the game reviews sites showed up their exclusive gameplay footage.
The gameplay reminds me of Sega Rally and Playstation's Rally Cross (PS1).

Last edited:
Not entirely sure this is worthy of a new thread, but it is giving off the right vibes and very much reminiscent of a Sega Rally game while the HUD reminds me of DiRT 3.

Only thing that needs work is the framerate.

Just at a glance, I can see that chase cam has improved massively from that static one from 2019 Grid - very dynamic and slidy. Bumper cam's also nice and low, which is just the way I like it.

But then, it's made by Codemasters, so I'm not too worried about moment-to-moment gameplay stuffs. I'm more concerned with all the stuffs backing them up - how many locations and tracks there are, whether or not UI looks like Windows 8 start menu, etc.

But then, it's made by Codemasters, so I'm not too worried about moment-to-moment gameplay stuffs. I'm more concerned with all the stuffs backing them up - how many locations and tracks there are, whether or not UI looks like Windows 8 start menu, etc.

They claim 10 locations and 70+ routes which sounds a lot but Grid claim it has 13 locations and 80+ routes on launch. I'm guessing half will be reverse layout like Grid.

They claim 10 locations and 70+ routes which sounds a lot but Grid claim it has 13 locations and 80+ routes on launch. I'm guessing half will be reverse layout like Grid.

After a quick googling, it seems that Dirt 3 also had similar track numbers (minus Gymkhana arenas and Monte Carlo DLC), so that about sets the expectation when it comes to track contents.

Lack of tracks doesn't usually bother me too much, but it would've been nice to have a bit more of it.

Gameplay just looks like Grid 19 but set offroad, and we all know the absolute car crash of a game Grid turned out to be.

After a quick googling, it seems that Dirt 3 also had similar track numbers (minus Gymkhana arenas and Monte Carlo DLC), so that about sets the expectation when it comes to track contents.

Lack of tracks doesn't usually bother me too much, but it would've been nice to have a bit more of it.

Not sure how are they counting the tracks this time, is Gymhkhana even counts as a route? It is back in Dirt 5 based on the Xbox store details.

Gameplay just looks like Grid 19 but set offroad, and we all know the absolute car crash of a game Grid turned out to be.

Impossible to tell at this stage what the gameplay is like, it needs to differentiate from dirt 2.0 as no doubt 3.0 is in the offing... im guessing some where in the middle between 2.0 and Grid, maybe along the lines of Dirt showdown... I like Grid as much as Dirt 2 for different reasons so a hybrid would be quite interesting. I enjoy games that require really strong concentration, but also like a game that requires little effort depending on my mood / tiredness (or level of inebriation lol)

One aspect I miss from Dirt showdown would be some wreckfest / destruction derby type elements maybe a few rounds of last car running smashy smashy would be a laugh

Back