Your Three Favorite Fantasy Gran Turismo Tracks

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 82 comments
Dragon Trail Seaside - My favourite track in any game ever. It's great fun in most classes, plenty of places where you can really race, with the freckle tightening chicane of death just to ice the cake. Maggiore deserves an honourable mention, but it's still not close imo.

Hong Kong - I'm not a huge street circuit fan, but I like Hong Kong, so would be happy to see it return.

Pikes Peak - As **** as it was that it was only a section, I spent lot's of hours in GT2 belting along it in the Suzuki. I'd be happier than Elton John with 2 arseholes if they ever add the full version along with the Escudo.

Nice and hard question.

The easiest is the Real Circuit

This is Trial Mountain (Original as I have no idea how much the molestation is going to change driving it). Over the years I’ve driven this stretch of tarmac more times than I can count. However I have to add a caveat that I love all the OG circuits from early games.

The more tricky is City we’ve had some great ones over the years and some real trash (for me anyway) but the Japanese City circuits have always held a soft spot including my pick SSR5 this love doesn’t really come from racing it, but the nostalgia of GT1 and seeing the insane graphics at the time with those reflections, even to this day it hits me in the feels watching footage from GT1 on that circuit.

As for the Oddball / Dirt Track I’ve always hated the Rally in GT games. It just never felt quite there and a little half-assed by PD. So my pick here would be Kart Space. It was something different and really made use of the Karts in a welcome way.

1. El Capitan: Varied circuit quite fast but technical, with a great scenery in Yosemite, with sand traps, undulations and elevation changes and that also houses the Cathedral Rocks dirt circuits providing the best variety in a location in the entire Gran Turismo series.

2. Rome. Share with the captain the imposing presence of a scenic icon and it is a very fun circuit with a wide variety of cars.

3.Grand Canyon. The public moving away from the passing cars reminiscing about the crazy, crazy years of Group B position it as the most memorable rally circuit in the series.

"Real" track: Red Rock Valley, loved the atmosphere of this track with the hazy sunset setting.

City: Rome night, but it's a tie between New York, Seattle and Tokyo R246, if all 4 came in night time I would have chose NY instead.

Other: Tahiti Maze, enjoyed the atmosphere of this track quite alot.

Grand Valley

Had way to much fun driving this track always been my number one for setting up cars

Tokyo R246

The was at times a very frustrating place to learn , getting that perfect lap without turning your car into a pinball machine on the last section with the barriers was a balancing act .

Eiger Nordwand

If i'm honest , i'm not a dirt guy , if I really want to play on dirt i'll choose another game , so Eiger got the vote as it was the eaisest one to drive on .

Last edited:
Real Circuit: Midfield Raceway

Really tricky track to master, but very fun with its elevation changes.

City Circuit: Seattle

Jumps. 'Nuff said.

Snow/Dirt/Other: Kart Space

It was different, very well lit and a blast for small Kei cars (at least in GT5).

My favourite real style track is probably Grand Valley Speedway, it's the circuit I most associate with Gran Turismo, it's a track with alot of fast and technical sections and I really enjoy driving on that one.

My favourite city track is definitely Tokyo Route 246, it has a really nice feel. The main straight is a bit too long for lower powered cars in my opinion but I'd love to see that track make a comeback.

My favourite rally/other track is close between Amalfi and Citta di Aria but Amalfi wins it for me. Citta di Aria is a more visually spectacular track with the wide views and and narrower sections, and its certianly more technical to drive, but I really enjoy the flow of Amalfi.

Last edited:
@daan, @Famine and @Jordan

Fancy sharing your three for each category?
Great thread! My list looks similar to your own:

Real Circuit: Apricot Hill

I loved this track from the first time I drove it. It's so easy to get into a "flow" here and just turn one lap after another. And that first sector... it's so satisfying if you nail the line through there.

Runner Up: Autumn Ring Mini

I could drive endless laps here with a compact or mid-range sports car!

City Circuit: Tokyo R246

I generally have a strong dislike for city tracks because they are so unforgiving while you explore the limits, but I can make an exception for R246.

Snow/Dirt/Other: Eiger Nordwand

Maybe it's just because I played it so much from the Gran Turismo HD days, but I genuinely enjoyed it. A good combination of corners and it's short enough that you can quickly see improvement in lap times as you practice. I've also ridden the Jungfraubahn and visited the Eiger where this track is located — there are some hiking trials which loosely match the layout of the circuit in some areas — so that makes my connection to the circuit even stronger. :)

My favourite fantasy tracks are the two enduro tracks off of GT1(Grand Valley and Special Stage R11). These are more about nostalgia for me than anything else. I clocked up so many hours on those enduros.
My 3rd track, though I never was into the dirt/snow tracks on the GT series would have to be Tahiti Maze.

Honourable mention to Deep Forest and SSR5, which are close seconds and only just miss out on my own top honours.

Real Circuit: Grand Valley (GT4 and above)

City Circuit: Special Stage Route 11 (GT1) with death chicane
Really would have loved to have drove it with a wheel

Snow/Dirt/Other: Tahiti Circuit (GT3)

Of the ones not already included…

Grand Valley… what a track, great flow and overtaking opportunities. Have spent many an hour hot lapping and racing my buddies there.

Rome (GT5) another great flow track, not easy to overtake but incredibly rewarding when you nail the lines, loved it in the Motul Civic. (Seattle a close second)

Citi D’arria - mega technical and difficult to get right, great for group B cars, Delta S4 round here was brutal.

Really looking forward to some reimaginings of the classic tracks… El Capitan would be a great one too

Real Circuit: Dragon Trail Seaside. Even though the name is kind of dumb, the trackflow is aswesome, rhe chicabe of death brings memories of the old layout from Trial Mountain and is fast (considering thst is an over 5km track) so is enjoyable even on slow cars. Only point to improve is the escenery, specially the rock textures.

City circuit: Tokyo Route 246. An instant classic, espectacular sorroundings of skyscrapers, parks ans stadiums, flow is good and has that charm from old PD designs. I really hope that come back to GT7 on some update, but I am aware that the layout can change as certain things on the real location have changed too (closed streets).

Dirt/Snow/Other: Circuito de la Sierra:, A good hommage to classic arcades games (specially OutRun), nice views, challenging layout, probably the only problem that I had with the track it was the length, soooo large rhan can result on being already tired on the middle of a lap specially with not so friendly handing cars such as the Yellowbird

1. I think you know. :dopey:

2. Citta di Aria, perfect for 1v1 car battles. The narrow, steep city streets gave little overtaking opportunities so you really had to make your attacks count.

3. Motorsportsland (the tiny kart circuit from Gran Turismo 2), was an amazing track for lower-powered small cars and also a great place to test setups focused around low-speed cornering.

Real Circuit - Cape Ring
Not many like this track but i did.

City Circuit - Special Stage Route 7
The track i remember the most from gt5 and one of my favorite tracks from any racing game ever.

Dirt/Snow/Other - Special Stage Route X
I think this falls under other? Im a sucker for long tracks where all you do is just go and never have to use the brakes. :embarrassed::)

This is a great thread, so many absolute classic tracks I had totally forgotten about.

I strongly believe if F1 (or any other racing series) let PD design a race track instead of Tilke it would actually be for the better!

Real track: Midfield Raceway I love this track and I hope it comes back
City track: R246/ SSR 11 GT1- I loved the last curve on R246 and I have a love hate with SSR11 I loved to race on the track but I hated the license test with the Griffin
dirt track - Tahiti maze GT2

Real Circuit - Cape Ring
Not many like this track but i did.

City Circuit - Special Stage Route 7
The track i remember the most from gt5 and one of my favorite tracks from any racing game ever.

Dirt/Snow/Other - Special Stage Route X
I think this falls under other? Im a sucker for long tracks where all you do is just go and never have to use the brakes. :embarrassed::)
Cape Ring might not be anyone's favorite track, but I found it very challenging and honestly any new GT games without it feel incomplete.

It's definitely my "real circuit" choice due to its variety of layouts and good memories from GT5.

For city circuits, I'm pretty torn between New York and Seattle, with an honorable mention for Paris- Opera. As a whole, GT7 needs more city circuits.

Finally, for "other," I have to go with Toscana. Not for the layout, but for the aesthetic, especially in the evening/twilight.

'Real' Circuit: Red Rock Valley – no time like the present to bring it back, the huge tunnel structures, banked turns and track lighting would be a revelation 23 years later.
City: Rome (GT2/3) – The devious Rome-Night layout is a lot of fun too, but the classic, goose-shaped run by the Colosseum is iconic, and no reason we couldn't race classic Rome at night for a similar aesthetic!
Dirt: Very hard to choose, I love Eiger K and Smokey Mountain North, but I'll have to go with Tahiti Maze. Oh, to be perpetually sideways in an Evo in Tahiti...

City: Rome (GT2/3) – The devious Rome-Night layout is a lot of fun too, but the classic, goose-shaped run by the Colosseum is iconic, and no reason we couldn't race classic Rome at night for a similar aesthetic!
Oh, how could I forget about the classic Rome circuit?

Might have to change my vote... I loved running over those gigantic curbs in GT2. :D

Excellent thread!

"Real" circuit - Red Rock Valley - as much as I LOVE Apricot Hill, the nostalgia I get for Red Rock Valley still hits harder. Winning that GT40 early on, then being able to take it here for Gran Turismo All Stars and be a giant killer was so much fun! Those last couple of banked, sweeping turns were pretty much done flat out if hit correctly,

City course - Seattle - I'll always love Seattle for it's uniqueness. The big downhill section where you could get some actual airtime, the turns you could always take juuust a bit quicker (until you couldn't) and the pit stop where dirty racers could knock a certain Buick Special into if you hit them just right

Unique - Grindelwald - I remember when I first tried this track and I hated it. Then, I hated it less and less. Such a unique drive, Im not sure if it will ever make it's return, but it was so much fun. Felt like I was driving through a village in the middle of the countryside

"Real": Apricot Hill. The flow of this track, the simple not exaggerated corners, that first sector... It has to be Apricot Hill in the teaser lines, bring it on with the first update!!! Runner up: DT Seaside

City: Seattle. Running the endurance there, trying to nail that perfect lap amid jumps, straights, bumps... Runner up: Maaaaaybe Rome Night, I don't really like city circuits.

Other: Citta di Aria. Forget what I said before about city circuits. This is sth different! You start and get in the zone. No time to relax, any mistake destroys the lap. Mental exercise! Runner up: Costa di Amalfi

Dirt/Snow/Other - Citta di Aria
This circuit and I use that term very loosely, blew me away the moment I drove it in GT4 Prologue. The series had never had anything like it before and hasn't since. It's both absurdly tight and technical, yet fast, with a number of buttock clenching moments. It's rubbish for racing and will never return to the series I fear because it's just not suited to the 'Sport' mode racing that locations really need to support now. Yet it remains to this day my favorite GT fantasy track.
This, 100%.

Back