Your Three Favorite Fantasy Gran Turismo Tracks

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 82 comments
'Real' Circuit - Grand Valley
Going way back to early GTs, this became my "home track", when competing against my uncle and cousin who favored Trial Mountain. What tied this all together is, They lived in a high land area, and I was in a low land area. Coincidence, but very appropriate.

City Circuit - Citta di Aria
I've always disliked city tracks, but consider this one in that category, and the only one I ever enjoyed.

Dirt/Snow/Other - Tahiti Maze
Spent a ridiculous amount of time there in GT4, definitely one of my favorites. With the original Chamionx a close second.

‘Real’ Circuit - Mid-Field Raceway
This is by far my most played circuit in GT6. Lots of online races (can’t wait for PP limit lobbies again, loved tuning and optimising a car to eke out every bit of performance for the specified PP) and time trials.

Honourable mentions: Apricot Hill, Dragon Trail Seaside and Yamagiwa.

City Circuit - Tokyo R246
Many miles were driven on this with friends. It flowed really well, had both fast and technical sections and was a real test for your car.

Honourable mentions: Circuito de Madrid, Special Stage Route 5 and Special Stage Route 7.

Dirt/Snow/Other - Smokey Mountain
I can’t say this is one I spent the most time driving, but I have the fondest memories of it because of the aesthetic. I think I preferred it because back then, I preferred tracks with smoother turns. :lol: The name always reminded me of smoky bacon, and I loved the orange tint resulting from the time of day.

Honourable mentions: El Capitan, Chamonix (GT6) and Circuito de la Sierra.

Best three?

1. Dragon Trail Seaside
After two whole games with terrible fantasy tracks GTS surprised me with this one. With the exception of the chicane of death, it is a return to form for whoever designed it.

2. Grand Valley (GT3 version) I raced around this in every GT500 car for 300KM at a time I could almost drive blindfolded. I disliked the changes to the GT4 version but the majesty still shines through.

3. And the best ever track? El Capitan. Even when crashing three times the first time I drove on it. I had a feeling that there was something special about it and that I'd grow to love it once I learnt it. I was right. Just finding a car to do the Endurance race at max A-spec points again and again was enough to drive another 66 laps.

Last edited:
Wow, this is a really tough question, since there have been so many great fantasy tracks over the years.

For 'Real' Circuit I would go with Trial Mountain. Especially loved this one on GT3 when you got to the long straight and saw the rays of sunshine through the trees. My jaw hit the floor. Honorable mention would be High Speed Ring.

City Circuit would be the toughest. I want to say Tokyo R246, especially the GT5 version that had all the barriers that I could knock all over the place. Real answer would be Seattle Circuit though. I always loved the flow of the corners in the middle section, and the uphill stuff before it.

For Other I would choose Costa Di Amalfi. Loved this track so much that I recreated it in ModNation Racers.

They are more than three, following one little selection of my favorites ..

'Real' Circuit - Trial Mountain
This is part of the Gran Turismo History, in my opinion was a (little)crime that wasn't included in GTSport.

Honorable mention goes to Tahiti Road (first licence S gold of GT2), Gran Valley and Midfield.

City Circuit - Special Stage Route 7 (the only and real Wangan of Gran Turismo)
more technical track than the "booooring" SSRX (personal opinion), and i miss the drag/speed meetings at the first tunnel.

Honorable mention goes to Seattle Circuit (The licence in GT2 with the GT40) and SSR5 (linked to SSR7 )

Dirt/Snow/Other - Swiss alps
I liked to race against rally cars with A Suzuki wagon R, full tuned, in GT3 or GT4 ...

Honorable mention goes to Sierra and Complex string

IR

Last edited:
'Real' Circuit: Red Rock Valley – no time like the present to bring it back, the huge tunnel structures, banked turns and track lighting would be a revelation 23 years later.
City: Rome (GT2/3) – The devious Rome-Night layout is a lot of fun too, but the classic, goose-shaped run by the Colosseum is iconic, and no reason we couldn't race classic Rome at night for a similar aesthetic!
Dirt: Very hard to choose, I love Eiger K and Smokey Mountain North, but I'll have to go with Tahiti Maze. Oh, to be perpetually sideways in an Evo in Tahiti...
Red Rock was one of my favs. I hated it only appeared in GT2

Will preface this in saying that I haven't played much of the series between GT2 and GT Sport. Didn't have a PS2 of my own so only played what my brother had & got the PS3 late in the life cycle mainly to play Uncharted and LOU. As a track lover though I've watched tons of video of GT's original fantasy tracks & looking forward to the return of some in GT7.

'Real' Track: Sardegna Road Track B. Great flow and love the elevation changes etc. Can picture it being brought to life a lot easier than some of the other favourites listed here, can't believe it gets no love. Doesn't have the nostalgia the classics do I guess.

City Track: Seattle. Great memories from GT2.

Dirt/Snow: will skip this. Really enjoy proper rally games, don't think GT does it well though so don't enjoy them here.

Deep Forest. Honourable mention for Red Rock Valley - loved that as a kid.

Rome GT2 - perfect flow. Loved it. Honourable mention to Seattle.

Costa Di Amalfi - I liked how unique it was. Honourable mention to El Capitan, specifically in Reverse!

Watched so many videos yesterday of everyone's suggestions and it's given me a massive nostalgia kick. Shouldn't have done this with still 4 days to wait. :lol:

Last edited:
This is tough but for now I'd go with this roster.

El Capitan. Most underappreciated fictional track by a country mile. Also my favourite.

Trial mountain, just so many memories.

Seattle, just some fun especially in licence tests

I find it almost sad that almost none of my other longtime favorite layouts were replaced by GT Sport's new fictional tracks. I got the sense that the majority of GT Sport's tracks were first made within the limits of a new course maker, then prettied up, Blasé
Especially Alsace, where the track polycount is so low in some places, your suspension gets jolted, you'd think it was from the ps3 GT6 era

Last edited:
Real circuit: Autumn ring, (i loved the flow of this circuit, the mini track wasnt the best but could be lots of fun in underpowered cars or Go Karts)

City: Tokyo R246, (i'd like to see an extended version added that somehow merged onto the Tokyo Expressway)

Dirt: Pikes Peak (they need to bring this back, they even hold the license which is making me want it back even more, come on PD, give me an Escudo and Pikes Peak back lol)

Shoutout to Tahiti for being a fun and challenging dirt race and I would love to see the Special Stages 5, 7 & 11 return (Seattle deserves a comeback too).

Also Complex String from GT3 should be brought back just because it was hilarious.

Last edited:
City: Tokyo R246, (i'd like to see an extended version added that somehow merged onto the Tokyo Expressway)
Actually I'd like to see if they'd also make an extended layout for R246 and/or merge with Expressway, could be interesting depending on what they do with it. But the thing about Expressway is it was too narrow for overtaking (unless you like walls over space) whereas R246 was wide and very cool.

Actually I'd like to see if they'd also make an extended layout for R246 and/or merge with Expressway, could be interesting depending on what they do with it. But the thing about Expressway is it was too narrow for overtaking (unless you like walls over space) whereas R246 was wide and very cool.
I think it would all depend on what layout they chose for Expressway if they were to merge it, i would prefer it got merged with the south inner loop, just personal preference though as i find this layout to be the most balanced and has a few decent overtaking spots if you get your braking points right, but i suppose you could also play to expressways strengths and get your overtaking done during the R246 section and then race defensively during the expressway section, either way though i'd just be happy to see R246 return whether they merged it or not, ive been wanting to race it at night for years now.

I think it would all depend on what layout they chose for Expressway if they were to merge it, i would prefer it got merged with the south inner loop, just personal preference though as i find this layout to be the most balanced and has a few decent overtaking spots if you get your braking points right, but i suppose you could also play to expressways strengths and get your overtaking done during the R246 section and then race defensively during the expressway section, either way though i'd just be happy to see R246 return whether they merged it or not, ive been wanting to race it at night for years now.
There was a bug in GT6 lobbies where you could change most if not all tracks to have weather and different time of day. But now that the servers closed for that title, it's not possible normally. However there's the GT5 Master Mod that might have the option for Night Time on more tracks, I'm not sure though lol

Last edited:
There was a bug in GT6 lobbies where you could change most if not all tracks to have weather and different time of day. But now that the servers closed for that title, it's not possible normally. However there's the GT5 Master Mod that might have the option for Night Time on more tracks, I'm not sure though lol
Its a shame i skipped most of GT6's life cycle tbh, i got it at launch but was too busy with exams at the time to really sink time into it and shortly after i sold my PS3, recently got it back though but its a shell of its former self without the online components (still a great game though, if a bit too easy) what is the GT5 Master mod? Never even heard of it tbh but i am certainly intrigued lol

Its a shame i skipped most of GT6's life cycle tbh, i got it at launch but was too busy with exams at the time to really sink time into it and shortly after i sold my PS3, recently got it back though but its a shell of its former self without the online components (still a great game though, if a bit too easy) what is the GT5 Master mod? Never even heard of it tbh but i am certainly intrigued lol
You can read up about it here, it also adds online capabilities back along with new rebalancing of PP for shuffle races and numerous features https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/1-8-0-gt5-master-mod.395844/

Last edited:
Wow just had a read and thats pretty incredible stuff, going to have a crack at trying to mod my ps3 now then, thank you for making me aware of this mate :)
That's awesome to hear, just be sure to back up your game saves and whatnot! I've yet to delve into this but I've wanted to myself, just a matter of time :)

I have dislike basically every rally track that has ever been in Gran Turismo games so I would take 2 'real' and 1 city

Trial Mountain
Midfield Raceway
Seattle

Real: Autumn Ring. This includes the Autumn Ring Mini (a karting variation of this track). Quite possibly the best 'beginner' track with great race flow especially at lower PP levels.
City: SS Route 7. Not sure if this belongs to the 'other' category. Route 7 is not good for general racing, in that it only consists of a straight going back and forth, but it felt great while cruising down the roads which is so much longer than Tokyo Expressway we have now. Route 5 is second. Felt so great with Ridge Racer Type 4 soundtrack blasting down the Custom Soundtrack option.
Other: The Sierra Time Rally course for me. Despite its length it never felt repetitive or hard to drive (like the Nurburgring), and it feels great rain or shine. If we have to take things off road, then Eiger wins out for me. The downhill section was crazy. (I was such an incompetent driver that I had to buy a real rally car to pass Dirt Trials in GT6.)

Grand Valley, London, And i dont remember name of the track it was a bonus reward"s in GT1 after complete the game.

Real circuit:
El capitan. easily overlooked, its another forest heavy scenery,but with a North America/Canadian Look. a great flowing track with lots of elevation changes that challenges every car from the ff boxy starter car to the fastest racecar

City Circuit:
tokyo R246 is better designed than most actual city scape races we have in current Motorsport championships, provides a challenge at every single lap, with little to no way out if you mess it up. If it appears in gt7, the last section would need a rework,as the tight section before the last hairpin is a big no no in a online race environment

Dirt/Snow:

i did not spend much time in off-road conditions,to have picked up a favourite,but two tracks stand out equally for me,chanomix and tosnaca

Real circuit:
El capitan. easily overlooked, its another forest heavy scenery,but with a North America/Canadian Look. a great flowing track with lots of elevation changes that challenges every car from the ff boxy starter car to the fastest racecar

City Circuit:
tokyo R246 is better designed than most actual city scape races we have in current Motorsport championships, provides a challenge at every single lap, with little to no way out if you mess it up. If it appears in gt7, the last section would need a rework,as the tight section before the last hairpin is a big no no in a online race environment

Dirt/Snow:

i did not spend much time in off-road conditions,to have picked up a favourite,but two tracks stand out equally for me,chanomix and tosnaca
I've always wondered why people like R246 that much, for me as a kid I didn't get it, I had other favourites. But I think your words made a lot of sense to me just right now. So thank you for laying it out! R246 is both quite deceptively punishing AND wide for a street circuit. That's kinda rare. It also has some fun elevation changes towards the middle and end so it's not entirely flat which it so easily could have been had they designed it poorly.

Also R246 reminds me of the brutality of Macau GP now that I think maybe there's some relation in the track design for me to make such connection. Either way you've got me interested to try R246 more, which is a track I've pretty much ignored. You've rekindled my interest, so thank you.

As a kid I remember Seattle Circuit being so fun in the one lap GT40 licence test etc but I remember R246 with not the same level of nostalgia. Also. As an adult, I have a wheel now so Seattle might not be as fun as R246, in general I appreciate the flow of a good track more than the jumps I suppose? Something like that. Seems R246 is gonna be my Go-to for endurance when I've overdosed on Seattle's jumps for a few races and don't need the physical pain anymore lol.

Last edited:
Back