Oh my. This is gonna be difficult. :scared:

1. Gadget Racers (PS2)
2. Gran Turismo 5
3. Gran Turismo 6
4. Grand Theft Auto V (PS3)
5. Mario Kart Wii
6. NASCAR Thunder 2003 (PS2/GameCube)
7. Gran Turismo 3
8. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2 (PS2/GameCube)
9. Mario Kart DS (2005)
10. Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Honorable Mentions
Super Monkey Ball 2 (GameCube)
Gran Turismo 4
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3/Xbox 360)
Forza Motorsport 3
Super Monkey Ball (GameCube)
Assetto Corsa
Civilization V
Test Drive Unlimited (Xbox 360/PS2)
Test Drive Unlimited 2 (Xbox 360/PS3)

Just did a top 10 at another forum a few weeks ago, so I've already done the hard part.

1. Dark souls
2. Street fighter 2
3. Metal Gear Solid
4. Demon's souls
5. Fallout New Vegas
6. GTA3
7. Grand Prix Legends
8. MGS3
9. Microprose Grand Prix 2
10. Half life 2

Still have to finish my first playthrough of Dark Souls 2. It'll be on there somewhere, but I'm not sure where. Probably top 3, maybe even #1. Unfortunately, that means that Half Life 2 is on the way out.

10. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
I played the crap out of this game as a kid on Playstation. My parents actually never bought me the game for some reason, but I would rent it a ton of times when they would take me to blockbuster. They probably paid double what the game cost just from the rental price. It's really weird when I think of it. I own the game now of course.

9. Grand Theft Auto 3
When this game came out, it blew my mind. It seemed like it had everything a game should have. Fast cars, violence, prostitutes and a story that could keep you entertained. Rockstar literally became the rockstars of the game industry after they made this game.

8. Silent Hill 2
I love horror. I love video games. At the time, Resident Evil, although I love the series, just wasn't doing it for me. Then I played Silent Hill. These games scared the crap out of me to the point where I would have to take breaks because it became too much for me.

7. Bully
A unique take on an open world game. It kept me entertained for such a long time. It can allow me to do some juvenile mischief without being frowned upon by other adults.

6. Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3
I had never played anything like it before I played TXR3. It was the first one I played and really sucked me in. It really boosted my love for the JDM scene.

5. Gran Turismo
How could GT not make my list? It was the start of a beautiful relationship between man and car. There were so many cars I probably would have not known of and would have never loved if not for this game. I don't know where I would be right now if this game never existed.

4. Grand Theft Auto V
The best in the series thus far. I've spent too much time of my adulthood creating carnage in Los Santos. It will continue to take up a lot of my time in the next couple years to come.

3. Red Dead Redemption
I'm not the biggest western fan, but this game had one of the best storys I had ever played. It really captivated me, and amazed me with the beautiful scenery.

2. The Last of Us
Being a relatively new game, being number 2 on my list of all time favorite game means it is something special. I love a good story, and this game delivered one of the best I have ever known.

1. Shenmue
ShenmueDCbox.jpg

If you have ever played Shenmue, you either love it or absolutely hate it. Personally, I love Shenmue so much, it is my number 1 game of all time. Today, if you were to play it for the first time, you might shrug it off. But when it came out, it felt like something really special, and it was. It told a great story, even if it was the cliche 'avenge your father's death'. It had an amazing atmosphere playing in a living city with people and tons of things to interact with. It popularized quick time events, keeping you involved within the cut scenes. It's a shame that it was a huge financial flop, because we might never get a chance to complete the story. Every dreamcast owner would had to buy 2 copies for them to turn a profit. I'd give an arm and a leg to pay for the production for a 3rd game.

Let me see if I can remember.

1. GTA San Andreas (<< Picture :P)
2. Simcity 4
3. GTA V
4. Minecraft
5. GTA III
6. GTA Vice City
7. NFS Underground 2
8. NFS Underground
9. Xpand Rally
10. Command and Conquer: Zero Hour

1. TOCA 2 - PSX
2. Fear Effect - PSX
3. TOCA - PSX
4. CMR - PSX
5. Gran Turismo 2 - PSX
6. Enthusia - PS2
7. Toca Race Driver 3 - PS2
8. Mass Effect Series - PS3
9. GTA 5 - PS3
10. Le Mans 24 Hours - Dreamcast

1.Final Fantasy X
2.Final Fantasy VII
3.MGS2
4.GT4
5.GTA San Andreas
6.Command and conquer red alert 2
7.Rollercoaster tycoon
8.Road Rash
9.Sonic the hedgehog 2
10.Terraria

1) Definitely Modnation Racers. So many memories online combined with absolutely amazing editors make this my most memorable and favorite game.
2) Gran Turismo 5. Also another game that I spent a lot of time with! Not the best game, but I surely loved it.
3) GTA V. If the online was less restricting it would be much higher.
4) Tony Hawk's Underground
5) NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup
6) Midnight Club II
7) Gran Turismo 4
8) LittleBIGPlanet 2
9) WipEout Pulse
10) Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3

01 - LittleBigPlanet 2: A game with, quite literally, something for everyone. Snags the top spot because at its core, it shows what the medium can truly become.
02 - Metal Gear Solid: Stealth was such a different concept, and the storyline was icing on the cake. The first game series that truly felt on par with cinema to me.
03 - Final Fantasy VII: Er, duh. While on a grander scale than MGS (and a year older), it just misses out on the silver.
04 - Gran Turismo 2: Sure, it wasn't pretty, and it's not the original, but the scope was incredible and the series approach still felt fresh. So many good memories with this, but despite the hours involved with the series, it can't beat fourth place.
05 - The Last Of Us: Newest, but deserves it. Such a perfect self-contained experience, I can't recommend it enough to people.
06 - Forza Motorsport 4: I made the jump to 360 on the hype of this alone, and it's been worth it entirely. Only reason it doesn't trounce GT2 is nostalgia and the different expectations 12 years can create.
07 - Super Mario 3: I sunk more hours into this than I care to remember. I still play it when I get the chance.
08 - Sonic The Hedgehog 2: The music, the verticality of levels, it was such a jump for little me back when new.
09 - Roller Coaster Tycoon: The only PC entry, I'll still play this if given the chance.
10 - We Heart Katamari: For similar reasons to GT2 - bigger in every way without feeling stale.

Just a question. How many people are listing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 because they genuinely think it's a superior game to Sonic 3 & Knuckles, how many because Sonic 2 is what they remember and feel nostalgia for, and how many because they never encountered Sonic & Knuckles wonderful lock on feature?

Sonic 3 & Knuckles is/are kind of more about the speedy "auto-pilot" sequences than Sonic 2, which is a bit more engaging, IMO. But S3&K's soundtrack is the YM2612 chip at its best (not that Sonic 2's soundtrack is bad).

Eh... I always found Sonic 2 had too many difficulty spikes (although I'm a terrible player :lol:), while Sonic 3 has far more flow to it. I get what you're saying about the auto-pilot sequences though.

Top 10:
10: GTA San Andreas
9: Need for Speed Underground 2
8: Burnout Dominator
7: Midnight Club Los Angeles
6: Call of Duty World at War
5: Gran Turismo 2
4: Halo Reach
3: Crash Team Racing
2: Gran Turismo 3
1: Burnout 3 Takedown

1: DUST 514 (2013)
2: Mario Kart Wii (2007)
3: Gran Turismo 3 (2001)
4: Ratchet: Gladiator (or Ratchet: Deadlocked) (2005)
5: Lego Star Wars: The Video Game (2005)
6: Gran Turismo 5 (2010)
7: DiRT 3 (2012?)
8: Gran Turismo 4 (2005)
9: Grand Theft Auto V (2013)
10: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (2010)

So many great games, it's hard to choose.

1) Batman: Arkham City
For a long time I held Silent Hill to be the best game ever until Arkham City showed up. It is such a perfect game in every sense. The feeling of sitting high up on a chimney with the snow falling on the dark city was tremendous.
2) Silent Hill
Forever the original and best.
3) Company of Heroes
I was in awe for a long time about how great this game is
4) Race 07 (with all content that comes with it)
My number one racing game
5) Devil May Cry 4
Such a cool game everything about it. Loved the castle and the enviroments.
6) Red Dead Redemption
Riding out in the middle of nowhere to watch the sunset on a cliff and finding abandoned sheds. Getting drunk in bar and fall over. Pushing people off pier into the water. Legendary.
7) Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
Arcade at its very best.
8) SBK 08 (Superbike)
Difficult? Yup. But for those who took the time to master it surely had thrilling races where too early throttle would throw you off line or skid the bike to go tumbling in the gravel. Exiting time trials and races.
9) Monkey Island
Classic humor and cosy pirate island. So good.
10) Max Payne
The superb black n white comic book revenge story and shooting bad guys

My main 10 favorite games:

1. Gran Turismo 2
2. Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
3. Resident Evil 2
4. Forza Motorsport 4
5. Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
6. Test Drive Unlimited
7. Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
8. Spongebob Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom
9. Minecraft
10. Super Mario World

1: Red Dead Redemption - huge, brilliant game. Only thing wrong is that it ends. Replayed many, many times.
2: Far Cry 3 - a huge environment with so much going on. Corrected many issues the series had with Far Cry 2.
3: Grand Theft Auto V - close call between this and Vice City as best GTA ever.
4: Grand Theft Auto Vice City - it's at tough call to put this below GTA V, but...
5: Test Drive Unlimited 2 - while the driving physics were off, you could get used to them, and the cruising with friends aspect can't be beat. And the fact it's where I live made it even better.
6: Gran Turismo 5 - well, it's GT5. At this point, I cant bring myself to put GT6 over it.
7: L.A. Noire - unique game. The facial recognition interrogation thing had a few flaws, but the environment was fantastic.
8: Mafia II - really enjoyable mafia game with lots of customization. The end left you hoping for a sequel... For Joe.
9: The Saboteur - another huge environment. Really liked the overall theme of the game (tough Irishman racecar driver)
10: Bully - unique, really fun game.

Just outside the list:
Far Cry 2 - The game had a lot of flaws, but I loved the African environment.
Mercenaries - Huge environment with so much to do.
The Godfather - I enjoyed that you are put into the storyline of this classic movie.

Not including racing games:

10. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
The only MGS game apart from 4 that I've played through the whole way. I liked Peace Walker much more than 4 because there were less cutscenes and the whole base building thing was really cool. The bosses were also way less annoying.
9. Super Smash Brothers: Melee
I haven't played this game too much, at least recently, but I still love it to death because of how great of a game it is. It has such top notch design that even the unintentional things like wavedashing are amazing.
8. Halo 3
I have no idea how many hours I've sunk into this game. I used to play this game so much regardless of how bad I was at it and it was a blast. I haven't felt the same feeling of fun from a game in some time.
7. Counter-Strike
All of the CS games are amazing. Yes, even Condition Zero. I don't usually play the standard bomb plant/defusal mode because it's too slow for my taste and play a lot of deathmatch instead. This is a game I like mostly because it can get so fast and chaotic on deathmatch servers with lots of people and it's a pretty big challenge to stay alive.
6. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
What a game. This is one of those games that you play once and remember forever. If anyone hasn't played this game yet, please do so and remember to savor every minute of it.
5. The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
The best game out of the Elder Scrolls series in my opinion. Morrrowind felt unimmersive and Skyrim a little washed out. It's so easy to immerse yourself in the world and find new and interesting things to do even after completing the main quests.
4. S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
I haven't even beaten this game yet and it's one of my favorites of all time. This game features one of the deepest, richest, and most interesting settings I've ever seen in a game along with gritty, challenging, and sometimes terrifying game play. The best single player FPS ever made hands down.
3. Starcraft: Brood War
The best "eSport" game ever made. Takes incredible mechanical and strategic skill to master while still being fun at low levels. This is the only game that I've ever stayed all night just to watch a tournament for. The pro-scene for this game was amazing before KeSPA switched to SC2. Matches were played at such a high level that most people had no idea what was going on, yet still watched it because it was so awesome. I do not think another RTS game will ever surpass Brood War.
2. World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade
Yep, I put WoW over SC:BW, sue me. I do not think I will ever get so much enjoyment out of an MMO again as I did with BC. It was just right, progression was slow enough that it felt rewarding to get to high tier raids yet not so slow that it felt grindy. Though this game may have made my grades suffer for a few years, I cannot say that I regret playing it so much. I wish I could have played more in fact, the expansions after this one just weren't the same and turned me off from playing the game. Such a shame that a wonderful game had to go to waste.
1. Chess (this counts right?)
As Garry Kasparov would say: "Chess is a mathematically infinite game." The depth of chess is unmatched by any other game I've ever played. I've already spent countless hours studying how to play the game and I'm just getting started. Studying chess isn't boring for me like studying other games like SC2 is, it's fun. I love solving tactics puzzles, looking through openings, and finding possible variations in my own games. Don't listen to anyone who says that computers are killing the game because they're wrong. I think computers are great for analyzing games and seeing possible ways to play. The only problem is how they're so good, better than almost all human players, but I don't see how that's a problem. All it'll do is speed up analysis. So what if the game gets figured out, until we have cyborgs with their brains connected to computers I don't see how that's such a big deal.

@Ettick, may I ask, are you familiar with Super Smash Bros. Brawl at all?

Melee is a great game, but I personally find that Brawl just nudges is out for me. Other than Gran Turismos 2 & 4, and Sim City 4, I doubt I've put more time into any other game.

@Ettick, may I ask, are you familiar with Super Smash Bros. Brawl at all?

Melee is a great game, but I personally find that Brawl just nudges is out for me. Other than Gran Turismos 2 & 4, and Sim City 4, I doubt I've put more time into any other game.
Brawl has a lot of stuff that made it a less competitive game such as random tripping and how it's less balanced. I like Melee better because it's super balanced and doesn't really have any randomness to it at all.

1. Gran Turismo 3
2. Forza Motorsport 2
3. Gran Theft Auto V
4. WATCH_DOGS
5. Euro Truck Simulator 2
6, Grand Theft Auto IV (PC)
7. Need For Speed Most Wanted (PS2)
8. Need For Speed Underground 2
9. Call Of Duty World At War
10. Battlefield 3

Honarable Mentions/Runers up

Gran Turismo 4
Forza Horizon
Burnout Paradise
Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva
Saints Row 2
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Train Simulator 2014
Gran Turismo 6
Assetto Corsa
Enthusia
BeamNG.DRIVE
Spintires
Driver 2
Forza 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Ace Combat Infinity
Need For Speed ProStreet
Ferrari Challenge
Burnout 3
Need For Speed Hot Pursuit (PS3)
Road Trip Adventure
Ridge Racer 7
ARMA II
JUICED (PS2)
Test Drive Unlimited (PS2)

So many games that were close to my top 10 I cant keep track

I suppose I can throw together an ordered list.

10 - Pro Evolution Soccer 6: Perhaps the best game I never owned. Master League was a godsend back when I played it over at my friend's. Incredibly addictive.
9 - Medal of Honor: Underground: The first MoH title has it's fair share of good moments, but none quite as memorable as those in Underground. With one of the best soundtracks on the PS1.
8 - Resident Evil 2: My very first taste of survival horror still stands as my favourite.
7 - TOCA World Touring Cars: Opened up a world of new circuits I'd never heard of back then. Proved to be one of the more lively challenges I've experienced with racing games.
6 - Colin McRae Rally 2.0: While the DiRT series was fun in its own way, it can't compare to the best rally title on the PS1. 100% rallying without the added distraction of buggy circuit racing or gymkhana.
5 - Forza Motorsport 4: Definitely the strongest car selection I've experienced in any game, which - along with the ear candy - helped make some of the more repetitive events .
4 - Project Gotham Racing 4: I wish I had more time to try out online racing before the servers shut down, because the career and arcade modes were mind-blowingly fun. It could have benefited from additional locations, but places like Macau and London were perfect.
3 - Gran Turismo 2: The best car line-up of any GT game and a true step up from the first game. It's a shame the PAL version lacked anything resembling a decent soundtrack.
2 - Fallout 3: Effortlessly turned minutes into hours simply combing through one of the bleakest locations in any game. One of the few shooters I bought that exceeded my already high expectations.
1 - Gran Turismo 4: Getting over the mindless AI, this kept me occupied for well over three years until the 360 arrived. And while the same car list may still be getting reused to this day, it was almost superb when it first hit almost a decade ago. Having a perfect soundtrack that shaped my musical tastes is definitely a bonus.

And I can't neglect to give honourable mentions to a few other games that left their mark:

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Colin McRae: DiRT 2
Colin McRae Rally 2005
Gran Turismo 1/3
GTA: Vice City
MediEvil/2
Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
Resident Evil 4
Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Last edited:
1) Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
2) Warhawk (PS3)
3) Micro Machines (Megadrive)
4) Age of Empires II (PC)
5) GTA III (PS2)
6) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)
7) SSX (PS2)
8) Battlefield 3 (PS3)
9) GTA: San Andreas (PS2)
10) GTA V (PS3)

1) Gran Turismo
2) Beyond Two Souls
3) Silent Hill 2
4) ICO
5) LIMBO
6) REZ
7) Richard Burns Rally
8) Tetris
9) Journey
10) Flower

1) Gran Turismo 5
2) Saints Row IV
3) GTA V
4) League of Legends
5) DOTA 2
6) Fate Extra/Fate Extra CCC
7) Bully (Rockstar)
8) Pokemon Ruby/Omega Ruby
9) Soulcalibur IV, V & Broken Destiny
10) Warcraft 3 & Reforged

1. GTA San Andreas (PS2)
2. Gran Turismo 4
3. GTA III (PS2/PC)
4. Gran Turismo 3
5. WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain (PS2)
6. Mario Kart 64 (N64)
7. Nascar Thunder 2004 (PS2)
8. Nascar 98 (PS1)
9. Driver (PC/PS1)
10. NFS: Porsche Unleashed (PC)

Honorable Mentions In No Order:

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 1 & 2
Nascar Thunder 2003 (PS2)
GTA Vice City (PS2/PC)
The Namco MotoGP series (PS2)
WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role (PS1)