• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments

Guardian

(Banned)
Scotland
Scotland
Mazerati-75
yugioh_logo.png

This thread is for members who collect or trade (Or even just own some) YuGiOh! trading cards.
List whatever 'rare' cards you own, and maybe even trade or sell (via PM). :)

The original was one of the most popular shows (the spin-offs - GX, 5DS, Zexal, IMO, were an epic fail compared to the original) when I was a kid, and if you price some of those cards collected from your childhood, on eBay, you'll see why they're a good investment. :P

Some of the favourites from my collection: **IN PROGRESS**

Supers:

• Amplifier
• BirthRight
• Call of the Haunted
• Card of Sanctity*
• Celtic guardian*
• Double Spell
• Dust Tornado
• Greed
• Raigeki break
• Reckless greed
• Shinato - King of a Higher Plane
• Suijin
• The First Sarcophagus
• Trap Hole
• Zera the Mant

Ultras:

• Blue eyes White Dragon (ver. 1-3)
• Burial of a Different Dimension*
• Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
• Cyber Ogre 2
• Dark magician (ver. 1-3)
• Dark Magician Girl
• Divine Neos
• Dragonic Tactics
• Elemental Hero Plasma Neos
• Five Headed Dragon (x2)
• Lava Golem
• Light and Darkness Dragon
• Macro Cosmos*
• Magical Mallet
• Magic Cylinder
• Parallel World Fusion*
• Raigeki
• Rainbow Dragon (non-tin)
• Slifer/Obelisk/Ra
• Uria/Hamonn/Raviel
• A cr*p load of Elemental heroes that I'll post later.

Secrets:

• Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
• Dark Magician Girl
• Graceful Dice
• Horus the Black Flame Dragon Lv8
• Mesmeric Control
• Number 34: Terror Byte
• Phantom of Chaos
• Sacred Phoenix of Nepthys
• Skull Dice
• Vorse Raider
• A cr*p load of Elemental heroes that I'll post later.

Ultimates:

• Cloudian: Eye of the Typhoon
• Elemental Hero Thunder Giant
• Neo Spacian: Aqua Dolphin
• Spell Calling
• Ultimate Tyranno

Your move! :sly:

Last edited:
Oh boy I remember having boxes of these cards as a kid....

When I was buying cards prices for a pack alone was up around $10. Doesn't look like much has changed and you don't get that many cards....

Don't have any friends to play with, so I'm stuck with Tag Force 2 for the PSP.

I hate Synchro and XYZ monsters. They totally ruin Ritual and Fusion monsters, rendering them almost completely pointless.

Had some of the original series of cards, gave them to the kid next door when I was 14. Might be able to get some pictures sometime, provided he hasn't gotten rid of them (I had 3 parts to Exodia I think.)

I still play with some of my friends at school. I think I have a few rare cards. I'll try and see if I can get some good pictures of them, if I can find them.

Once I get back from some business, I'll post some of my (Super/Ultra/Secret/Ultimate) Rares. :)

It's good to hear that there are others who still duel with/collect them. :)

1241Penguin
I hate Synchro and XYZ monsters. They totally ruin Ritual and Fusion monsters, rendering them almost completely pointless.

I hate all those new types of cards. :yuck:
Synchro, XYZ and not to mention half of the 'new' monsters (elemental heroes, 'number' cards etc.).

Last edited:
The synchro and onwards stuff kinda ruined the game and I believe a ton of people stopped at that point. Show was great, up until season 3 of GX for me, which just got strange and ridiculous. Haven't seen 5ds and zexal and don't want to.

What's slightly amusing is that the premise of GX seemed ridiculous at the time (people going to an academy to learn how to play better/become a master), but with all the new card types and other changes to the game, you almost need to now!

The future of the cards will be interesting, as when they finally end the show, interest in the game will wane, until Konami see no money in creating/printing new cards, which will trigger the the death of the banlist (no new cards means nothing needs changing, and the list will become irrelevant and invalid), after which some card prices will drop, as with less people playing the game, top cards that are valuable mainly due to function will no longer be in such demand.
I then foresee cards that are popular/featured heavily in the show will increase in value (particular set prints anyway), I myself am currently trying to secure a mint 1st edition of a currently worthless card, but no one is selling one.

I only ever played in one regional tournament, and came 2nd to last, I was a noob then and the only thing that saved me from dead last was playing against some guy's water deck (noting elemental energy was the newest set then), in one of the games he was doing well, nuking the field with neo-daedelus, with me then on few life points... - I then drew into a 3rd blue eyes to go with my other 2, plus poly and megamorph, I don't think he could believe what happened next lol.

There's a bit of a 'thing' about cards choosing the player, and I believe that if you play in the true spirit of the game- and not just running the latest set so you can win a tournament, then this can be true. People always laugh off bewds as not being competitive cards, but I would never play a deck without them, I was always about proving that you can win a tournament with them, I never got that far, but I did take down some great decks along the way including a top regional player's six samurai.

In my retirement I made a nice prototype deck that should work very well (wherever I put it), it includes Riryoku, which people hate on but it's a nice 'traditional' sort of card that doesn't just destroy another card unceremoniously, would be nice if a new format was made that banned all the Smashing Ground type cards etc.

I had a nice online highlight (there's a program), I was playing some guy and he used some cards early on to get his lp down to 100, then played reversal quiz, and we had to swap LP... (he got my 10000 after I had used draining shield)
I was not happy but fought on and won the game without him being able to touch me at all, serves him right :D

Epic Blue eyes finish

That finish with the B.E Ultimate dragon sounds epic! :D It's one of my favourite cards, I finally got hold of a mint secret rare one for much cheapness. :P

I've never played the game seriously (tournaments etc.), but I did duel against friends quite a-lot. I'm a complete noob at the game.

Is this like a Pokemon thing?

Kinda.

Imagine pokemon, except with a very dark, shadowy, egyptian theme. :P
While pokemon has pikachu:

Pikachu.png

YuGiOh! has Magician of Black Chaos:

MagicianofBlackChaos-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png

Pokemon has Ash:

Ash_Ketchum_by_elserjo.jpg

YuGiOh! has Yami Marik Ishtar:

e7f22a518e78f8d5c3230fbba32680931231583164_full_display.jpg

:D

(never played pokemon). :)

Last edited:
I would've kept playing but I got sick of people making up their own rules based on their interpretation of the card's description. It also didn't help that re-releases got truncated text which resulted in more different interpretations.

My deck for the most part was filled with beatsticks and very basic cards. There was no theme or specialty. It consisted mainly of level 4 1900-2300ATK monsters, some low-level special effect monsters like Witch of the Black Forest (so classic!), and 1 level tribute monster Mystical Knight of Jackal. I didn't bother with Rituals or Fusions because it required special ways to summon them, especially with the former and that just meant the chances of you drawing a card that is useful becomes smaller.

300px-MysticalKnightofJackalDR1-EN-SR-UE.jpg

This card was neat because I could grab it right away with Witch of the Black Forest which was a staple back in the day:
300px-WitchoftheBlackForest-BP01-EN-R-1E.png

The great thing I learned about the Jackal is that there's a lockdown setup if my opponent has no more cards to play. The condition requires me to be able to destroy one of his/her monsters. If it doesn't have any sort of special ability (or one that can be used during that moment in the game), I'll use Jackal's effect to put that card back at the top of their deck so they keep drawing the same card. If they can't stop the loop with whatever cards they already have, then all I have to do is summon another monster and the game is effectively mine.TThe one way to get out of the loop is to accept taking direct damage from Jackal and whatever other monsters I have on the field. That's easily half their life points.

Only problem with my deck is that that's the strongest monster I have and the only ATK boosting magic card I had was Axe of Despair (another staple back in the day). My magic/trap variety was very limited and too basic. I'd only have one summon-negating traps (Torrential Tribute), like one or two magic-negating/destroying cards (Mystical Space Typhoon and Imperial Order), and only one attack-negating card (Mirror Force). before 2003, these cards were all the rage, being ultra and secret rare, but when I started playing in 2004, there were a bunch of rares that had similar effects and all the kids had them so I was a step behind.

I was glad I didn't have a job back then because I always dreamed of buying booster boxes so I could build a formidable deck and it requires a great investment to make a powerful deck. It's worse than other hobbies IMO, because once they come out with new cards, the old cards get banned and you're forced to get new cards to keep up with the game.

As for special cards, most of mine came from a friend who's 4 years younger than me and stole them from his peers at school and got rid of the evidence by giving them to me. :lol:

As far as I can remember:
Rares:
  • Cyber Jar
  • Hayabusa Knight
  • Michizure
  • Gravity Bind
  • Bottomless Trap Hole
  • Royal Oppression
  • Berserk Gorilla

Supers:
  • Graceful Charity
  • Scapegoat
  • Catapult Turtle
  • Heavy Storm
  • Painful Choice
  • Spear Dragon
  • Twin-Headed Behemoth
  • Exiled Force
  • Bazoo the Soul Eater
  • Sasuke Samurai
Ultras:
  • Blue Eyes (Starter Deck Kaiba)
  • Relinquished (Starter Deck Pegasus)
  • Black Luster Soldier (Starter Deck Yugi)
  • Gilford the Legend (Structure Deck Warrior's Triumph)
  • Lava Golem (ripped some kid off with this :lol:)
  • Mirror Force
  • Snatch Steal
  • Goblin Attack Force
  • Fiend Megacyber
  • Torrential Tribute
  • Marauding Captain (the machine that prints the text missed the header and no holo print came out either. It's just an indent that's way off. Gave it to my friend who sold it for $10)
  • Mystical Knight of Jackal
Secrets:
  • Ring of Destruction (traded the promo ver. for the MRD Mirror Force)
  • Imperial Order
  • Sinister Serpent
  • Chaos Emperor Dragon (promo)

Last edited:
One card I would desperately love is the fore-mentioned Magician of Black Chaos (purely for collectible purposes). :(

I cannot find it anywhere; anyone else actually have it? :)

Did you guys ever use the knock off cards they made that weren't official? You could tell by a slight color difference and the logo wasn't on the bottom corner. I had a lot of those. Some were Japanese but most weren't.

I had 2 fulls sets of Exodia and probably 15 Blue eyes white dragon and quite a few red eyes black dragons back in my old set. Had quite the deck back then, boxes upon boxes. Was very popular in my school, people would carry binders full all day to play on the bus ride home.

Did you guys ever use the knock off cards they made that weren't official? You could tell by a slight color difference and the logo wasn't on the bottom corner. I had a lot of those. Some were Japanese but most weren't.

Now that you mention it, a guy who comes from a terrible family claimed he forged a Slyfer the Sky Dragon and traded it for a stack of random cards. I believed it. Never saw the card itself nor the stack of cards though.

Oh this was all during middle school. I stopped playing after that.

Aside from that, I did see someone play with Obelisk the Tormentor. :lol: No one could stop it once it was played.

Now that you mention it, a guy who comes from a terrible family claimed he forged a Slyfer the Sky Dragon and traded it for a stack of random cards. I believed it. Never saw the card itself nor the stack of cards though.

Oh this was all during middle school. I stopped playing after that.

Aside from that, I did see someone play with Obelisk the Tormentor. :lol: No one could stop it once it was played.

We played in elementary school. By middle school it had started to die out.

A friend used to just print little things out and write the stats out so we could play the game. Was never into it though

A friend used to just print little things out and write the stats out so we could play the game. Was never into it though
I made cards out of printer paper and then drew stuff on it. It had the same dimensions as the real cards. Much cheaper than buying the real thing.

I still have them. And my three real God cards. :sly:

I used to love this. Got up at about 6am regularly to watch the TV series when I was about 9. Man that's 10 years ago. Amazing how fast time goes.

Those were the days.

Didn't really collect, but I did play YuGiOh back in the day, and I mean GX days. Also, does anybody here play Dueling Network, we could have GTPlanet YuGiOh tournaments :lol:

These are my 2 rarest cards:
236309.jpg

maleficstardustdragonjump-en-ur-le.jpg

I've always loved using Gandora, but I have never used Malefic Stardust Dragon since I've never gotten Stardust Dragon.

Never was a really good Yugioh! Player... my decks always focused on pure brute force: Monsters with high attack points. So, I always got crushed by all sort of Spell and Trap Cards. :ouch:

Only once I had a competitive Deck... a Dark themed deck revolving around the Rainbow Dark Dragon... It was designed to be a OTK... never got the chance to do a OTK... but it was good enough to destroy rivals fast, about 3 or 4 turns after the Rainbow was unleashed...

From the cards I still keep, these are my favourites:

SerpentNightDragon-TU07-EN-C-UE.png

Zera_el_mant.jpg

TriHornedDragon-LCYW-EN-SR-1E.jpg

DarkMagicianGirl-LCYW-EN-ScR-1E.jpg

GateGuardian-DLG1-EN-R-UE.jpg

I think it was great of Konami to release a 'Seal of Orichalcos' card. It's effect(s) are amazing, and greatly benefit your weaker monsters.

It's effects simplified are:

• All monster you control gain 500ATK

• The card is immune from destruction once per-turn.

• If you control 2 or more monsters, your opponent cannot attack your weaker(/est) monsters

The problem is that when you first play it, you must destroy all your special summoned monsters.

Plus, if you win the duel, your opponent doesn't lose his soul to the great leviathan. :grumpy: (:lol:)

I think it was great of Konami to release a 'Seal of Orichalcos' card. It's effect(s) are amazing, and greatly benefit your weaker monsters.

Its much weaker than it's anime counterpart, but yes, it's still a very good card 👍

Last edited:
Ohh yes! It's one epic card for sure! :)

Right now, I also need about 5 cards also to "finish":

-Obelisk the Tormentor
-Slifer the Sky Dragon
-Black Skull Dragon
-Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon
-Chakra

... and maybe another Dark Magician Girl :lol: (I have 5 of them :dopey:)

I think I have three sets of Slifer, Obelisk and Ra. :P

I got my first (Ultra) Dark Magician Girl a-while back, and only recently got my 2nd one (secret rare).

Conveniently, B. Skull Dragon is also part of my 'not got it' list. :)

Last edited:
I have a real, or so I believe, Exodia head as my rarest card along with stacks of others including those with silver names and some with just foil images with a few other gold & foil cards still. Never liked this as much as Pokemon cards though, always that bit too expensive.

Wow... what a coincidence :)

Just remembered I'm also after the "Arcana" version of the Dark Magician... and the 5 Headed Dragon... 👍

I have a real, or so I believe, Exodia head as my rarest card along with stacks of others including those with silver names and some with just foil images with a few other gold & foil cards still. Never liked this as much as Pokemon cards though, always that bit too expensive.

I also had a full Exodia set once... only the Head was Secret rare, the limbs were common cards. As for the prize of some of the cards, I agree... that was one of the reasons I decided to quit playing... but not collecting. It's a little bit cheaper :)

Back