YuGiOh! TCG Trading/Collectors thread

• Thread starter Guardian
  • 356 comments
I see but than the original collectable only cards are still very rare, the remakes only apply to the tournament legal cards.

Those are the tournament legal cards, the OCG/TCG original Egyptian Gods (2 out of three he has) are not legal, and are not first or second editions either so not all that rare. They're still rare just not as rare as when they first came out. And like any card game unless you have a misprint (Pokemon misprints I love) or first edition, it's only as rare as the eye of the beholder makes it.

Last edited:
Here a couple more I found. I had these cards since I was 8 after watching Yu Gi Oh GX.

image.jpeg

I give you a cookie if you can name all of them as the names are very obscure. ;)

Here a couple more I found. I had these cards since I was 8 after watching Yu Gi Oh GX.

I give you a cookie if you can name all of them as the names are very obscure. ;)
Heavy Storm - Pot of Greed - Monster Reincarnation - Spell Stopping Statute - Dark Eradicator Warlock

Black Luster Soldier - Dark Magician Knight - Buster Blader - Elemental Hero Bladedge - Elemental Hero Phoenix Enforcer

Black Luster Ritual - Monster Reborn - Elemental Hero Necroid Shaman - Mystical Space Typhoon - Mind Control - Jar of Greed

Magic Cylinder - The End of Anubis - Polymerization - Brain Control - Elemental Hero Bubbleman - Call of the Haunted

These cards are a decade old. I don't know how rare some of these cards are.

Does that website ship internationally?

The BLS isn't that rare, it came with a Starter Deck.

That was one of my gripes with the company re-releasing certain cards to make them more accessible. It totally devalues the scarcity of certain cards, and often times, their value as well. From a more serious collector POV, which release cards come from should matter a lot! Such as.... the Ultra/Secrets from Metal Raider for example. Despite Summoned Skull being accessible from Yugi's starter deck, the MRD version should have tons more value.

That was one of my gripes with the company re-releasing certain cards to make them more accessible. It totally devalues the scarcity of certain cards, and often times, their value as well. From a more serious collector POV, which release cards come from should matter a lot! Such as.... the Ultra/Secrets from Metal Raider for example. Despite Summoned Skull being accessible from Yugi's starter deck, the MRD version should have tons more value.
I remember when the Egyptian God card set could cost well over $300. Now it's just peanuts.

Side note: it bothers me how there are no dashes for the name "Yu-Gi-Oh!" in the title.

I've defended Synchros, I've defended Xyz and I have even defended Pendulums, but introducing a Pendulum Tuner is just asking the game to be broken.

In case some of you don't know, Tuners are Monsters that are required to Synchro Summon. You use 1 and at least 1 Non-Tuner to Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster with the total levels of both the Tuner and the Non-Tuner(s)

Now usually when you Synchro Summon, like Fusion, the monsters you use are sent to the grave but not Pendulum Tuners, they follow the rules of Pendulum Monster where when they leave the field, they go the Extra Deck, meaning if you have both Pendulum Scales out, you can Pendulum Summon it over and over for unlimited Synchro Summoning.

What is the point of having Non-Pendulum Monsters in your Main Deck again?

I've defended Synchros, I've defended Xyz and I have even defended Pendulums, but introducing a Pendulum Tuner is just asking the game to be broken.

In case some of you don't know, Tuners are Monsters that are required to Synchro Summon. You use 1 and at least 1 Non-Tuner to Synchro Summon a Synchro Monster with the total levels of both the Tuner and the Non-Tuner(s)

Now usually when you Synchro Summon, like Fusion, the monsters you use are sent to the grave but not Pendulum Tuners, they follow the rules of Pendulum Monster where when they leave the field, they go the Extra Deck, meaning if you have both Pendulum Scales out, you can Pendulum Summon it over and over for unlimited Synchro Summoning.

What is the point of having Non-Pendulum Monsters in your Main Deck again?

If you ask me, it's been a while since the game has been broken. That's why I stopped playing and started colleting instead...

If you ask me, it's been a while since the game has been broken. That's why I stopped playing and started colleting instead...
I only play with a friend now, and while his deck is much more updated than mine even he refuses to use Pendulum monsters.

As with you, I've started collecting more than playing.

The game has been indeed broken but I feel like only a few cards ruined the game until now.

Synchro Monsters were never an issue except for the fact that they were more powerful than Fusion during the 5D's era which IMO, they should've been more powerful because summoning a Synchro Monster was much more harder than a Fusion Monster. Xyz came and while they did push it with their "Ranks", there are still some good Synchros that could take them on. Pendulums were a bit broken since they go to the Extra Deck when they are destroyed so you can never truly kill a Pendulum bu honestly, they wouldn't be so broken if they just unbanned Heavy Storm. Also during the Arc-V era Synchro and Fusion Monsters got several upgrades to be on-par with Xyz.

As for all the old Monsters not being good enough, well it is like every game ever, older cards get outdated and you have to adapt into using the newer cards even then, several old cards a received some pretty good and powerful monsters that makes the old cards some use. Cyber Dragons from the GX era are a perfect example of this, all you need to do is look at this card which will come out in TCG next year.

It is already out in OCG and this is its eff:

3 Level 6 LIGHT Machine-Type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon "Cyber Dragon Infinity" once per turn by using a "Cyber Dragon Nova" you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) This card gains 200 ATK for each Xyz Material attached to it. Once per turn: You can target 1 other face-up Attack Position monster on the field; attach it to this card as a face-up Xyz Material. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Not only does card bring back the Cyber Dragons into useful territory but this card is very nifty against Pendulums and Cards that can;t be destroyed at all.

Yes. Yes it does. :D

I wanted the OCG version cause Japanese cards have much better quality, but they ran out so quickly. This seems alright too though.

I have the 3 of them already so... :D

I might consider buying them depending on my wallet's health by the time they are released :lol:

I always found a lot of stuff from the first Yugioh series to be overrated. I'd only get this for the God Cards.

I always found a lot of stuff from the first Yugioh series to be overrated. I'd only get this for the God Cards.
A lot of the older stuff is what got a lot of players started. Personally older cards is what I care about the most.

A lot of the older stuff is what got a lot of players started. Personally older cards is what I care about the most.
Fair enough, though outside of nostalgia purposes, I don't see any worth in Yugis decks except for a few.

That actually makes me think. We know that Yugi's Ace Monster is Dark Magician but it can't do 🤬 on its own. In fact during the Battle City arc the important Monster was instead Slifer the Sky Dragon which was much more powerful and could handle its own and I don't remember seeing it do anything special doing the Waking of the Dragons arc, in fact the spirit of Dark Magician Girl had a Higher Role. I also never picked up Yugi's real emotional connection to Dark Magician unlike the other Yugioh Protagonists (Elemental HERO Neos was apart of thing created by Jaden Yuki himseld, Stardust Dragon was symbol of Hope for Yusei as well as the rest of the Satellite, Number 39: Utopia, while had nothing to do with Yuma, it had a lot to do with Astral, and in ARC-V Odd-Eyes was apart of Yuyas newly created Pendulum Monsters).

I actually never got the love Dark Magician when I was kid :boggled:

Fair enough, though outside of nostalgia purposes, I don't see any worth in Yugis decks except for a few.

That actually makes me think. We know that Yugi's Ace Monster is Dark Magician but it can't do 🤬 on its own. In fact during the Battle City arc the important Monster was instead Slifer the Sky Dragon which was much more powerful and could handle its own and I don't remember seeing it do anything special doing the Waking of the Dragons arc, in fact the spirit of Dark Magician Girl had a Higher Role. I also never picked up Yugi's real emotional connection to Dark Magician unlike the other Yugioh Protagonists (Elemental HERO Neos was apart of thing created by Jaden Yuki himseld, Stardust Dragon was symbol of Hope for Yusei as well as the rest of the Satellite, Number 39: Utopia, while had nothing to do with Yuma, it had a lot to do with Astral, and in ARC-V Odd-Eyes was apart of Yuyas newly created Pendulum Monsters).

I actually never got the love Dark Magician when I was kid :boggled:

Maybe because its only talent was/is brute force. Standing at 2500 ATK points, not many monsters from that era could stand a chance against him. Remember, it was an era were magic cards and effect monsters were veeeery simple.

As for the Dark Magician - Yugi connection, IDK, maybe he just liked it a lot? :confused: Just like Kaiba liked the Blue Eyes maybe, because of it being unstoppable in a 1 vs. 1 battle.

Maybe because its only talent was/is brute force. Standing at 2500 ATK points, not many monsters from that era could stand a chance against him. Remember, it was an era were magic cards and effect monsters were veeeery simple.

As for the Dark Magician - Yugi connection, IDK, maybe he just liked it a lot? :confused: Just like Kaiba liked the Blue Eyes maybe, because of it being unstoppable in a 1 vs. 1 battle.
but Kaibas connection with Blue Eyes goes all the way back to Ancient Times with his past self and the White Hair, Blue Eye Girl.

but Kaibas connection with Blue Eyes goes all the way back to Ancient Times with his past self and the White Hair, Blue Eye Girl.

It's right, totally forgot about it.

Speaking of which, if I'm not mistaken, I think I just remembered Yugi's connection with the Dark Magician:

He is the spirit/reincarnation of one of Yami's servants back when he was the Pharaoh.

It's right, totally forgot about it.

Speaking of which, if I'm not mistaken, I think I just remembered Yugi's connection with the Dark Magician:

He is the spirit/reincarnation of one of Yami's servants back when he was the Pharaoh.
From what we saw, I doubt seeing many interactions between the 2 characters, in fact his apprentice The Dark Magician Girl seem to have a lot more connection to Yugi in ancient times.

Speaking of his "brute force" that 2500 ATK was never really put into good use or was overshadowed by cards like Slifer the Sky Dragon and the Eye of Something :P.

From what we saw, I doubt seeing many interactions between the 2 characters, in fact his apprentice The Dark Magician Girl seem to have a lot more connection to Yugi in ancient times.

Speaking of his "brute force" that 2500 ATK was never really put into good use or was overshadowed by cards like Slifer the Sky Dragon and the Eye of Something :P.

If I remember correctly, the thing with him is that he was extremely loyal to him. And that's about it. And yeah, Mana was closer to him.

BTW, his name was Mahad (thanks yugioh.wikia :D)

That would be the Eye of... Timaeus??? From the Waking the Dragons Saga?

If I remember correctly, the thing with him is that he was extremely loyal to him. And that's about it. And yeah, Mana was closer to him.

BTW, his name was Mahad (thanks yugioh.wikia :D)

That would be the Eye of... Timaeus??? From the Waking the Dragons Saga?
Yeah, it would be, I just forgot how to spell his name :lol:.

:lol: Don't worry, I had to google it to check if I got it right.
:lol:

Maybe the new Yugioh Movie can give Dark Magician some proper spotlight, who knows? I don't think Yugi has the Egyptian Cards to take some spotlight since the movie takes place a few months after the end of the original series.

Back