YUI Photography // 10.19|Reality Check: Switzerland|

• Thread starter Yui-san
  • 84 comments
Taiwan
SF Bay Area
Yuisan
EYuiSan
10025237326_55cdc06b49_o.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest Set // F40: The Ultimate Supercar

Before starting, I'd like to introduce myself to the forums. Being a fan of the GT series since the very beginning, I've always admired the amount of details put into each car in the game, and have always wanted to take photographs of them, but since I didn't know how to transfer GT4 photos to the PC, I didn't really explore the possiblilities one can do with GT's photomode... until now. I like keeping my shots as clean & natural as possible, and pursue realism in my photographs.

However, being the youngest photographer (I think) here in the forums, my shots might not be as staggering and breathtaking as others (Revolution, Slipz, Touring Mars, Sejtur, Gtuned to name a few), but I believe that with the effort I put in, and with the advice you guys provide me, I'll be able to improve my photography skills day by day.

Please enjoy viewing my gallery, and don't hesitate to leave a comment or point out anything you think needs improvement! :)

~Yui-san

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Some shots for starters:

Mini Cooper S '07

*Removed*

Nissan 370Z (Z34):

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

Ahrweiler-TownSquare.jpg

RedBullHangar-7.jpg

Toyot FT-86 (Top Gear Test Track)

TheTopGearTestTrack.jpg

Multiple Cars (R33 and Supra):

*Removed*

Last edited:
Not a bad start to a gallery. Do you edit your pics in Photoshop at all? I see a couple there that could really pop with a few basic tweaks.
I quite like the 370Z projector headlight photo, as well as the first 300ZX photo and the photo of the 300ZX dials.
Some of your photos I think could benefit from a bit more action: the Toyota FT86 photo could be really cool if it had a bit of motion to it, setting a slower shutter speed and using Panning Mode 3 so that it looks as though it's zooming past the cones.
Other than that, just watch your framing and tilting and you could have some really great stuff! What I mean by that is the first photo I think is tilted a bit much, I think it'd be better to look at if it had less of an angle to the photo. I wouldn't tilt much more than the amount you have in your second photo. And by the framing I mean just to watch how close you have the car to the edge of the photo. Ie the second 300ZX photo would be quite cool if it was zoomed out a bit so we could see the road rushing past as the Z tore through the tunnel.
Keep up the good work though!

Not a bad start to a gallery. Do you edit your pics in Photoshop at all? I see a couple there that could really pop with a few basic tweaks.
I quite like the 370Z projector headlight photo, as well as the first 300ZX photo and the photo of the 300ZX dials.
Some of your photos I think could benefit from a bit more action: the Toyota FT86 photo could be really cool if it had a bit of motion to it, setting a slower shutter speed and using Panning Mode 3 so that it looks as though it's zooming past the cones.
Other than that, just watch your framing and tilting and you could have some really great stuff! What I mean by that is the first photo I think is tilted a bit much, I think it'd be better to look at if it had less of an angle to the photo. I wouldn't tilt much more than the amount you have in your second photo. And by the framing I mean just to watch how close you have the car to the edge of the photo. Ie the second 300ZX photo would be quite cool if it was zoomed out a bit so we could see the road rushing past as the Z tore through the tunnel.
Keep up the good work though!

Thanks Revolution! :) I appreciate your help/advice/comment! And no, I don't photoshop my pictures... I'm not too good at doing that.. What are a few basic things to do PS? Once again, thanks for the help (and comment) :)!

Love the speedometer shot

Thanks ;)

*duplicate post* Could an Admin delete this for me please? Thanks in advance ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Revolution! :) I appreciate your help/advice/comment! And no, I don't photoshop my pictures... I'm not too good at doing that.. What are a few basic things to do PS? Once again, thanks for the help (and comment) :)!

Easiest and quickest way to get your pictures looking bright and get them to pop a bit is adjusting the Brightness and Contrast. You can do this in Photoshop or just about any image editing program really, there are plenty of free alternatives around the internet if you haven't got PS.

Easiest and quickest way to get your pictures looking bright and get them to pop a bit is adjusting the Brightness and Contrast. You can do this in Photoshop or just about any image editing program really, there are plenty of free alternatives around the internet if you haven't got PS.

Oh, okay, thanks for the tip! And I do have PS ;)

A random shot I found in my folder today... don't like it much. What do you all think?

*removed*

Last edited:
Christmas Update:
GrandValleySpeedway-1.jpg

First off, Merry (late) Christmas everyone! :)
Here are some shots I took today:

2 of my GTRs (All 4 coming tomorrow!):
GTR.jpg

Ferrari P4:
SanGalganoAbbey_1-1.jpg

Ferrari F430 Scuderia:
Before PS:
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4.jpg

After PS
AutodromoNazionaleMonza_4-1.jpg

(Not much difference.. I know XD)

Nissan GTR (R35)
GrandValleySpeedway1.jpg

Last edited:
Merry Christmas! I like the composite shot, nice work. Also the Ferrari 330 P4 shot looks good too.

[empty space]: Thanks :) But what do you mean by "amogst the group"? Do you mean my group of pictures or the group of 370z pics you've seen?

Revolution: Thanks ^_^ And Merry Christmas to you too!

*Sighs* :( No matter how hard I try, none of my shots ever turns out as outstading as everyone elses here in the forums.... but I guess it's still worth trying.

Maserati GranTurismoS@ Tokyo Docks
Entry for this week's PMC (Click for full size!)

''

Non-edited
TokyoBayKart_2.jpg

Which do you guys think is better for this week's PMC? It's kind of hard to decide...

Last edited:
Hmm... not a single comment since my last post...:indiff: Anyhow:

Non-photoshopped (Click for Full-size)

BMW ///M3 GTS@San Gimignano

Maseratti Granturismo S(s)@Tokyo 246

Last edited:
Nice M3! I had one very much like it before I gifted it to gibki! What colour did you paint yours? I used the orange from the old Camaro Z28 :)
I like the angle on the second Maserati shot too, it's something fresh and new, well done!
Has that Lamborghini shot had a cross-processing style filter applied to it? I'm not a huge fan of the colour tone on it.: :(

@Revolution: Thanks for stopping by :) Means a lot to me. About the M3, I painted it Electric Orange (From the Ford Focus ST)
About the Maseratti, I guess I should have entered that shot for this week's PMC then XD. Thanks ;)
And about the Lambo, no, I didn't apply any filters to it... I guess I just over did it while Photoshopping DX. Here's the unedited picture.

@MiniMarco: Thanks a lot! :)

Coming later this week:The Nissan GTR@Fuji Speedway (Jeremy Clarkson's GTR test) and The Audi TT race car@Nurburgring

Last edited:
I've been gone for a while... but now I'm back!

Some pics I took while I was gone:

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

Rome_1.jpg

Rome.jpg

ToscanaTarmac_6-Copy.jpg

RedBullHangar-7_3.jpg

RedBullHangar-7_2.jpg

RedBullHangar-7-1.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_3.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2.jpg

SpecialStageRoute5_3.jpg

CircuitdelaSarthe2005NoChicanes_1.jpg

FujiSpeedwayGT_2.jpg

Last edited:
Hm... time to bring this photothread back to life!

BMW M5

RedBullHangar-7_8.jpg

RedBullHangar-7-2.jpg

Mt.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca.jpg

MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_1.jpg

RX-7 (RE-Amemiya)

TokyoBayKart_9-2.jpg

TokyoBayKart_7-1.jpg

The fine details

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_4.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge_3.jpg

Lucerne-ChapelBridge-2.jpg

A small preview to next week's update! ;)

PREVIEW.jpg

Last edited:
Duman079: Thanks :)
ceiling_fan: Thanks. That's my favorite shot as well :)
ashes619L: Hehe, thanks! It's one of my favorite shots ;)

Anyhow, here's another quick preview to next week's update (All Standards!):

NrburgringGP_D_5.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_2-1.jpg

Some shots I took a while back for previous PMCs (Rival cars).I didn't submit any in the end though...

DeepForestRaceway.jpg

EifelCircuit.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_3.jpg

NrburgringGP_F_4.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_3.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_4.jpg

Kyoto-Shoren-in_1.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_8.jpg

RedBullHangar-7_12.jpg

RedBullHangar-7_10.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_7.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_9.jpg

SuzukaCircuit_5.jpg

TokyoBayKart_11.jpg

Here are some shots that are meant to have that "PS1" atmosphere XD These shots were inspired by Slipz's Gran Turismo 1 Memorial set.
DeepForestRaceway_1.jpg

ClubmanStageRoute5_1.jpg

ClubmanStageRoute5.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_5.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_6.jpg

TsukubaCircuit_7.jpg

Since Revolution has yet to upload those Quantum of Solace pics, I decided to do them myself. Here's a small preview

PREVIEW: Quantum of Solace

EigerNordwandShortTrack_9.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_16.jpg

EigerNordwandShortTrack_13.jpg

QUANTUMOFSOLACE.jpg

Hi Yui-San! Glad to see I inspired you to try a QoS update - not bad! You've definitely got that 'mood' down, especially the first couple of shots. Very reminiscent of the film! The shots are a touch too dark I think... not bad though! Keep up the good work :)

Back