Zero Cup: zero tuning (PS4) - STOPPEDPS4 

It's just that the last 3 messages posted were of people saying they were NOT taking part, and the previous few were not directly related to the Zero Cup itself, taking us back 2 weeks ago. The thread looks dead... :(

There were no updates what happened last week if it took place last week? No videos or anything. I would have been there.

Hey @Orayani will you still be on the PS4, or will you also move to PC predominately?

As for the thread, its a shame to say, but I think Warrius is kind of right. I don't think its the lack of people wanting to race, but the lack of an organiser to keep us going. As Warrius is stepping away from the PS4 (for AC online at least) it makes no sense to spend time supporting this thread (for Warrius).

I've talked about doing something myself, which i still intend to do, but life keeps throwing me curve balls.
I would entertain the idea of continuing the ZeroCup on behalf of Warrius, however my issue with this, is the current time schedule. I tend to be free around 9pm (GMT) which probably would not work for many of the people overseas.

There is also other things going on in the world of PlayStation to distract us from time with Asseto Corsa.

Is it worth having a head count for a revised ZeroCup? Looking back at the drivers list

Registered drivers list:

Bonio71 (@Bonio71)
Carlos_Fandango (@C Fandango)
Darth-Vadder1 (@Heiko Vater)
Georgeagea (@Georgeagea)
GTRP_Ave_46 (@?)
GTRP_HeLmZoR (@?)
HeyZeusss666 (@pretend racer)
krsht3 (@krsht3)
Madcat--- (@madcat78)
Nemesis-Reaper (@hobbsy)
Pyromaniak666 (@SpaceBreed)
Rostovic (@?)
Rostafer007 (@?)
Standard_control (@Moloko)
Voofx (@Orayani)
WarriusZero (@WarriusZero)
Xeronima (@xeronima)

two questions then
Q. Who is still interested in this format?

Q. would changing the time (to allow me to host) make a difference (Stay, Leave, Join)?

Cheers

I'm interested but I feel that a championship system with points, ratings maybe or other incentives might be better.

Besides, to be honest, I feel that not everyone is sticking to the "Stock" idea. I feel that some are tuning and there's no way currently to moderate that; so our best bet is private lobbies and those settings hopefully.

But despite that, I'm always interested and will race if possible. Change the day no problem or the time (provided it's between 7pm and 9pm GMT, which is 9pm to 11pm my time, and will soon be 10pm to 12pm when summer time is activated).

I've wanted to use a point system from the beginning, like I used to do on GT5 and GT6, it brings that bit more competitive aspect and encourages good attendance. But it's very hard to do and promote if races can be disrupted by randoms and if you cannot have a clamp on the cars setups.

I too would like to create some form of championship system.

I have considered that if we use cars that are less adjustable, (Fiat 500 AC, MX5 Cup, Lotus Exige V6) then there should in theory be less optimisation of the tune, and closer cars (not necessarily drivers though!), with this approach a championship is more likely. The downside is the limited variety of events :( and we would still have the issue with Randoms.
However this is then no longer the ZeroCup.

For the time being I would not be looking to change the day, Wednesday is now one of my available days, as the kids do not have any classes etc. So just a time shift if it works for others?

I personally wouldn't arrange anything until private lobbies. That is what, 2 - 3 weeks away and we don't fully know what you'll be able to do with it, yet.

Not sure. Think I read something in the first week of March but don't think it was official. Like everything else. It'll be here when its here.

I'm interested if we can race either Friday nights (whatever time) or Saturday (whatever time) during the week is just painful to sit up until midnight to wake up at 4:30 am for work.
Thanks

So just been announced on Twitter, patch coming in the form of V1.13 "Very soon" which is looking like a minor fix. But they did at least go on to say...

"...As a result, Private Lobbies, the Highlands track and the Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 will go live as part of v 1.14 on PS4"

:)

Ok, coming back to the here and now, and in particular the recent topic in this thread.

I've put together a table to give an overall picture of the current events available online.
As you would expect GT3 class cars and a Certain Circuit (RBR) feature heavily.

AC Online Events - 17_02_17.png

Key.png

So if we look at the Yellow, we can see there is not a great deal of choice for us... at least certainly not when you consider they only seem to refresh the lobby's just after a game update!

They have at least addressed the GT3 Class balance a little.

GT3 Class.png

Food for thought at least.

Laters :cheers:
Hobbsy

@hobbsy
Wow great effort man! Thanks a lot for that!

I do agree about the choices in Online but now that I've seen your table, choices don't seem so little anymore!
They are still too little (for the huge amount of tracks and cars possible combinations) but practically it's still an acceptable number of choices/combinations!

I wonder, regarding GT3, why there's only one Z4 and one SCG003C! I mean I've never seen a SCG003C in any race but the Z4 is certainly more popular and more requested!

Believe it or not, I still didn't perform any lap at any of Nordschleife's available tracks! NOT ONE!
Also I've barely driven like 3 laps on Zandvoort and I didn't like it! It's super hard and long i felt!

@hobbsy
Wow great effort man! Thanks a lot for that!

You're quite welcome, hope you find it useful 👍

I wonder, regarding GT3, why there's only one Z4 and one SCG003C! I mean I've never seen a SCG003C in any race but the Z4 is certainly more popular and more requested!

They have change and played around with this Class recently.

There used to be 2 Z4's to pick, but with the addition of both Ferrari and Porsche GT3 cars, others have been removed/reduced.

I have been transitioning to the pc, now that I have it all together, but I would still like to race with you guys on the PS4.
I'd like it to be any other day than Wednesdays or Fridays.

Also, I prefer the older cars without TC and ABS. I find gt3 cars kinda boring to drive.

@Georgeagea Zandvoort is also one of my favourite tracks!

I have been transitioning to the pc, now that I have it all together, but I would still like to race with you guys on the PS4.
I'd like it to be any other day than Wednesdays or Fridays.

Also, I prefer the older cars without TC and ABS. I find gt3 cars kinda boring to drive.

@Georgeagea Zandvoort is also one of my favourite tracks!

Zandvoort is fun with both modern and classic cars. Its one of those tracks you need to build up slowly if you're new to it. Some of the corners have subtle off camber as you put the power on.

The corners were always interesting on that track as you go so wide you think you're going to go off but you have to go wide for the racing line since the ordinary surface is a little slippy. Its a lovely flowing track though.

Last edited:
You know when build a picture of someone in your head, and then you finally see them for the first time...

For some reason Warrius, I expected you to look different!!! :P

Are you having problems with your sound on your recent YouTube videos? The last few streams do not appear to have any!

So which one is the boss?! Is it KUN?
BTW I agree with what Hobbsy said above! It's fun how we draw an image of someone in our head!
Great driving! Seems like PC open a whole new world of Apps, Mods and endless possibilities!

Back