Zooming past the pit lane

• Thread starter gransport
  • 16 comments
Hi everyone,

I don't think anyone has posted this one (I might be wrong).
Here's my question, can you zoom through the pit lane without slowing down/reaching the auto 83 KPH / 51 MPH speed limit?

Thanks,

I am almost certain you can't. The speed limiter is applied automaticly and I have never seen any option that says you can turn it off! :) 👍

Yes, easily.

Disclaimer: If you're going very, very fast and the track is Test Course.

I can agree with everyone here that there is no way you can go into the pit lane at high speed. However, there are a few exceptions to this:

• You could use a gameshark (or any cheat device) and use the turbo code. Then if you enter the pit lane, you can just apply the cheat and you will "zoom" past the pit lane.
  • High Speed Ring. If you skip the entry (before the last corner) and enter through the second entry (near the start/ finish line) you can zoom past the pits without and pit stop or speed limit)

Well thats all I know for now. Hope this does help out a bit. :)

Yes, even easier than that.

If you are at High Speed Ring or Tsukuba you can go past the usual pit entrance and cut through the cones after the corner to zoom through the pit lane as fast as you like.

Disclaimer - you will not be able to stop and change tyres/refuel using this method.

Edit: - treed

I can agree with everyone here that there is no way you can go into the pit lane at high speed.

You don't agree with me in any way.

Take a car. Any car capable of 200mph. Go to Test Course. Do a lap but duck into the pits at full speed at the end of it. Now, tell me what your lowest speed in the pit lane is.

Hi again,

I just tried a TVR speed 12 in the test track entering the pit lane at about 410-ish KPH, went past the pit crew but held back by the auto speed limiter thing to about 83 KPH before exiting. I'm going to see how fast I could exit before getting held at 83 KPH.

How about you guys, what's your fastest speed?

You don't agree with me in any way.

Take a car. Any car capable of 200mph. Go to Test Course. Do a lap but duck into the pits at full speed at the end of it. Now, tell me what your lowest speed in the pit lane is.
Well just read this comment:
I just tried a TVR speed 12 in the test track entering the pit lane at about 410-ish KPH, went past the pit crew but held back by the auto speed limiter thing to about 83 KPH before exiting. I'm going to see how fast I could exit before getting held at 83 KPH.

Okay, maybe I word it wrongly there. I agree that you can't avoid going into the pit lane without hitting the speed limiter (except the ones that I stated) Even at test course entering at full speed, you would still be held back by the speed limiter. Although I haven't tried it myself, but I think it is possible to pass by the pit lane at test course without dropping down to 83km/h if you enter somewhere around 500kp/h......

You certainly slow, but you can't slow enough - you bypass the pit garage and get spat right out back onto the track. Thus neatly meeting the mandate of "zooming through the pit lane".

I've sped thru the pitlane on the high speed ring by taking the second entry and finding out i couldnt take on fuel or tires in the middle of the race and then skating around the next lap on tires with NO grip at all and losing the race because of it. I find that out accidentally and it is kind of nice to be able to speed thru there without the limiter.

My current dream is to drift through that thin pit road on HSR reverse. It would be hard, but oh so epic.

Last night in a race on High Speed Raceway I was in the Lister Storm battling with the Ford GT LM when we came around the last corner onto the main straight. I thought 'why not' and went straight down the pit lane from the second entrance and hit around 280 at the end of the pitlane. As I came out of the pitlane flat out I ended up right beside the Ford GT LM which was pretty nice.

Back