ZR1-RM sound

  • Thread starter Thread starter velocity187
  • 30 comments
  • 3,371 views
Messages
11
Messages
bmxer801@yahoo.com
PD take note this is what you need to make the zr1-rm sound like and not a honda

 
Why don't you make the game if you don't like it?

Unrelated note: why are there no Aston Martin race cars?
 
I dunno, why don't you make some. :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree the ZR1 sounds weak, pretty disappointing.
 
Im not saying I don't like it, just the sound is a horrible one for the zr1
 
It doesn't sound like how an American V8 sounds, but all is forgiven when it keeps earning me credits after plunking down a lot to RM it.
 
Why don't you make the game if you don't like it?

You cannot be serious with a comment like that...

Anyone who pays for this game has the right to criticize it against the expections that were set by the developer, and also has every right to stack it up against comparable competition.

Lighten up a little.
 
I was actually going to start a thread for this, I bought the ZR-1 yesterday and I was very disappointed with the sound. I put a sports exhaust on it but it still sounds pretty weak.

It's funny because other cars in the game sound much better. The Holden monaro sounds average with standard exhaust but fantastic with sports exhaust.

Its a shame because the ZR-1 sounds so damn good in real life
 
Yes this and several other v8's including the holdens need their sounds re-recorded it ruins the immersion for me slightly, please fix my 5.7L Commodore SS so it doesn't sound like a Vacuum cleaner and rather sounds like a corvette c5 as its meant to as they share the same running gear. I realise that Holden release these cars for sale with very restrictive and quiet exhaust systems, PD must have recorded a bog standard car and sound enhanced that sound for modded in game sports exhaust. This sounds suspiciously like the corvettes in previous GT's and like the ZR-1 with rm
 
Why don't you make the game if you don't like it?

Unrelated note: why are there no Aston Martin race cars?

That is true last night in speed chanel there where a btcc"british turing car championchip and almost all the cares where aston "db9"
 
Yes this and several other v8's including the holdens need their sounds re-recorded it ruins the immersion for me slightly, please fix my 5.7L Commodore SS so it doesn't sound like a Vacuum cleaner and rather sounds like a corvette c5 as its meant to as they share the same running gear. I realise that Holden release these cars for sale with very restrictive and quiet exhaust systems, PD must have recorded a bog standard car and sound enhanced that sound for modded in game sports exhaust. This sounds suspiciously like the corvettes in previous GT's and like the ZR-1 with rm

As per my last post, put a sports exhaust on your commodore and it will sound awesome 👍 (assuming the SS and Monaro use the same sound recording, which they should).

And yeah, stock commodores sound pretty ordinary so I would say the sports/racing exhaust sounds are just generics variations of the stock sound
 
Agree.

Listen @ 1:14 :drool:
 
Last edited:
Yes this and several other v8's including the holdens need their sounds re-recorded it ruins the immersion for me slightly, please fix my 5.7L Commodore SS so it doesn't sound like a Vacuum cleaner and rather sounds like a corvette c5 as its meant to as they share the same running gear. I realise that Holden release these cars for sale with very restrictive and quiet exhaust systems, PD must have recorded a bog standard car and sound enhanced that sound for modded in game sports exhaust. This sounds suspiciously like the corvettes in previous GT's and like the ZR-1 with rm

The Holden Monaro sounds fine with sports exhaust in GT5
 
You know, there is a GT5 sound thread. You should take your discussion there instead of making a new thread
 
heck, have you taken the old C3 corvette and added a full exhaust including sidepipes? The car sounds like an NSX after that. Someone in their audio programming really screwed the pooch on tuned cars. :indiff:
 
This is why i stay away from the engine mods and exhaust mods sometime's. I bought a CL63. Did stage 3 engine and it made it sound like a honda. Same thing happend with an M3 i bought. So now when i tune something i don't go all out in fear of ruining the sound.

I have quite a few car's that are just stage 1 engine and sports or stock exhaust because fully built they sound like crap. Some car's now i don't even bother with the titanium exhaust..

Tho i have noticed that doing the engine mods doesn't affect the sound of Standards as much but the exhaust definitely does. Some of the car's sound amazing while some are a massive dissapointment. I just hope things are drasticly improved in GT6.
 
I'll never forget the first time I've heard a C5R at Le Mans and never grew tired of it (and subsequently the C6R) in all the years that followed. A deep, intense, angry rumble pounding on your stomach. Simply awesome. When you stand next to the track (and there are some places you can get really close) the ground is literally shaking. A shame PD's sound designers obviously never had a chance to experience the real thing.
 
The Commodore sounds like my mum's Corolla, the V-Tecs don't sound real, an 800 hp muscle car sounds like a child making car sounds with his mouth...welcome to the world of Gran Turismo.

I feel some day (GT6 hopefully) it'll have real, proper modified car sounds.
 
You cannot be serious with a comment like that...

Anyone who pays for this game has the right to criticize it against the expections that were set by the developer, and also has every right to stack it up against comparable competition.

Lighten up a little.

On that note what specific expectation did they set in regards to the sound of a RM ZR?

Back of box: Please note the RMZR1 Will not sound like a Honda :)
I mean no offense - there's expectations set by the developer and then there's expectations set by yourself.
 
I've almost given up wishing for accurate car sounds in Gran Turismo. If they are such perfectionists, then they should be concentrating a lot on the sounds, probably moreso than visuals...

I think Forza has better car sounds, at least their V8's sound like V8's. Come on PD... :indiff:
 
the sounds from the videos are pretty sweet guys but for me gran turismo doesnt have the sound that far off, immediately after watching the video by the OP i changed to a youtube video to hear the ZR1 RM from GT5, dont actually have own myself.

The screen before the race started had a engine noise almost identical to the vids posted here although it was hard to tell if that was the ZR1 or another car in the field. When the race started the car did sound different from bumper cam view and cockpit view but from the chase view there was definately a hearty roar from the engine.
 
Vehicles traveling away from one at speed will sound both deeper in tone and the detonations of the motor more widely spaced than if one were traveling with it.
 
well just jumped back and forward from gt5 videos of zr1's and real life zr1's and whilst not completely the same there's definately some similaritys..........just my opinion though

Important thing to do though is compare similar footage ie gt5 onboard with real life on board

Sounds great in real life in pretty good in gt life if you ask me
 
well just jumped back and forward from gt5 videos of zr1's and real life zr1's and whilst not completely the same there's definately some similaritys..........just my opinion though

Important thing to do though is compare similar footage ie gt5 onboard with real life on board

Sounds great in real life in pretty good in gt life if you ask me

Onboard Corvette LSx V8 with mods and open or throaty exhausts sound nothing like the pitiful wheezing vacuum cleaners in game. I refuse to install the modded exhausts in game because of this.

Here is what a race modded LS7 should sound like from inside the car (I have a forged high compression LS7 in my C5 Z06):



And what the same car sounds like from outside:


PD have Hellen Keller in charge of sound recording again - hopefully she isnt on staff for GT6....
 
This is why i stay away from the engine mods and exhaust mods sometime's. I bought a CL63. Did stage 3 engine and it made it sound like a honda. Same thing happend with an M3 i bought. So now when i tune something i don't go all out in fear of ruining the sound.
I have quite a few car's that are just stage 1 engine and sports or stock exhaust because fully built they sound like crap. Some car's now i don't even bother with the titanium exhaust..

Tho i have noticed that doing the engine mods doesn't affect the sound of Standards as much but the exhaust definitely does. Some of the car's sound amazing while some are a massive dissapointment. I just hope things are drasticly improved in GT6.

It's a pity he came last, but at least he sounded great doing it:tup:
 
GT5 sounds suck. There is no anything special to that. NFS(not shift) and forza just do how to make cars sound better Maybe next time PD dumps the old sounds and starts again with a right approach(whatever that is :) )
 
Last edited:
Shift should not be considered anything good either...

I don't know why people keep bringing up Shift, because I have it and it sounds like crap in an offensive way.
 
Exactly! I drove the Zonda R in the game a little while ago and it really sounds like crap. I so wish they captured the sound this video has. It's pure MUSIC to my ears!

i agree 100% about the sounds in this game, and it has nothing to do with me not liking the game because its my fav game and is the game i now spend the most time playing but the zonda r also sounds nothing like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH5oH0fXvTI
 
Back