ZR1 Vs GTR R35 Nurbergering Battle

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 57 comments

SiNiST3R

(Banned)
ZR1 Vs GTR R35 @ Nurbergering

The 2 Legendary Cars have set new records at Nurbergering. Lets put them up against each other in GT PSP.

No real rules involved, just Grab one of the two cars, and run her on the track as hard as you can and post up your times. This ain't real life, its a game so lets not stress too much on tires etc, and just run the track as fast as possible ;)

A quick pic of the time in any way is enough and I'll do my best to keep track of how they face off against each other in the thread.

Here is my Best time to date.

ZR1: 6:53.589

Enjoy the Video of my Run, the Video came out pretty sweet.

I need a buddy to have GT PSP and do a Race on the Ring with me so I can get a good replay for a video.

Leader board
1. 6:46.980 - ZR1 - the Interceptor
2. 6:53.589 - ZR1 - SiNiST3R
3. 6:57.997 - GTR - the Interceptor

Last edited:
If you want to run as fast as possible that means people need to run R3 tires... things like this should have tires and stuff defined... EVEN if its just a game... IMO that is...

If you want a realistic representation of this, it would be best to use N3 or S1 tires.

Even Michelin Pilot Sport DO NOT fall under The S1 or S2 category why on hell would I run a ZR1 or R35 on S1 or S2 tires, that would just be plain stupid.

Do you guys really think the GTR R35 And ZR1 that made those times at Nurbergering were completely stock on regular street tires?

:lol:

Who brings there car to the track on Run of the mill tires? One of the EASIEST and sometimes highest rewarding upgrades to ANY car is Tires, with Rims being the usual starting point for modding, Tires comes along with it. Hell I got Falkens on my GTi VR6 as we speak, you would have to be really hard headed to call them S1 or S2.

AT a minimum, Ill run S3. However for the Nurbergering Run the 2 cars were driving on SHAVED (To pretty much a slick) Tires just a C-hair short of R-compounds. They were also most likely prepped by being sprayed with the same mix they spray on 1/4 mile tracks (That's a guess, however they WERE on MODIFIED street tires) essentially making them perform more like Racing tires.

Don't forget race gas, You better believe that makes a big diff. There is a handfull of guys who race at my local track, and they all bring Junkyard cars broght back to life & Running race gas. They surprise most newbies to the track. The R35 & ZR1 were drinking race gas while running the Ring.

The cars had taped up body's to be more aerodynamic, and a Tuned suspension (Not the stock set up) specifically for the run.

There is no standardization of These laps being done at the Ring, until there is, how can you suggest to be so nit picky about little details that in the end really don't matter as this is only a game...

We can't fully recreate the Legendary battle, its only a game.

I want to see a head to head no holds barred, for that Drive the tracks as you see fit, going AS FAST as you can, and have fun.

Even Michelin Pilot Sport DO NOT fall under The S1 or S2 category why on hell would I run a ZR1 or R35 on S1 or S2 tires, that would just be plain stupid.

Do you guys really think the GTR R35 And ZR1 that made those times at Nurbergering were completely stock on regular street tires?

:lol:

Who brings there car to the track on Run of the mill tires? One of the EASIEST and sometimes highest rewarding upgrades to ANY car is Tires, with Rims being the usual starting point for modding, Tires comes along with it. Hell I got Falkens on my GTi VR6 as we speak, you would have to be really hard headed to call them S1 or S2.

AT a minimum, Ill run S3. However for the Nurbergering Run the 2 cars were driving on SHAVED (To pretty much a slick) Tires just a C-hair short of R-compounds. They were also most likely prepped by being sprayed with the same mix they spray on 1/4 mile tracks (That's a guess, however they WERE on MODIFIED street tires) essentially making them perform more like Racing tires.

Don't forget race gas, You better believe that makes a big diff. There is a handfull of guys who race at my local track, and they all bring Junkyard cars broght back to life & Running race gas. They surprise most newbies to the track. The R35 & ZR1 were drinking race gas while running the Ring.

The cars had taped up body's to be more aerodynamic, and a Tuned suspension (Not the stock set up) specifically for the run.

There is no standardization of These laps being done at the Ring, until there is, how can you suggest to be so nit picky about little details that in the end really don't matter as this is only a game...

We can't fully recreate the Legendary battle, its only a game.

I want to see a head to head no holds barred, for that Drive the tracks as you see fit, going AS FAST as you can, and have fun.

Wow, you seem to know a lot about how each company set their lap times... Can you please provide links to all of your points... Or maybe you work for Chevy and Nissan??? Either way I humbly request you back up your points with sources... I have never read those things you mention and they all "claim" to be on standard tires you can get with the cars... I know they "CLAIM" but you seem to know in detail how they set things up, what tires they used, that the suspension was tuned... Ive never read that anywhere...

Oh and if youre comparing track times its simply useless to compare times set on different tires...

Wow, you seem to know a lot about how each company set their lap times... Can you please provide links to all of your points... Or maybe you work for Chevy and Nissan??? Either way I humbly request you back up your points with sources... I have never read those things you mention and they all "claim" to be on standard tires you can get with the cars... I know they "CLAIM" but you seem to know in detail how they set things up, what tires they used, that the suspension was tuned... Ive never read that anywhere...

Oh and if youre comparing track times its simply useless to compare times set on different tires...

There is ALLOT of Buzz over this

To sum it all up, check this out... (Its a little deep into the clip, and Alex Roy, is a supreme Douche-bag, bear with it)

They will talk about the Net, buzz and LACK of standardization of these times at the Ring. Discussing weather or not they should be the proving ground for performance if there is no standardization of the times made there. Yata yata yata...

However you really need to think for yourself, Chevy AND Nissan, are not going to reveal there secrets, don't take everything for face value.... Your taking times GIVEN BY THE MAKER as Concrete, don't be so gullible.

OH yeah, do YOU have a source PROVING they were untouched street tires to back up your claim that they are...

I'm comparing FASTEST LAPS POSSIBLE, if you think you can beat me on R1, R2, S1, S2, S3, N1, N2, N3 tires or a mix match, go ahead and try.....

Last edited:
The GT-R and zr1 times set on the ring were completely stock including tires, I renember the tires bit becuase Porshe complained that they were using slicks so the guys at Nissan ran another similar lap time and showed the camera the tyres at the end.

There is ALLOT of Buzz over this

To sum it all up, check this out... (Its a little deep into the clip, and Alex Roy, is a supreme Douche-bag, bear with it)

They will talk about the Net, buzz and LACK of standardization of these times at the Ring. Discussing weather or not they should be the proving ground for performance if there is no standardization of the times made there. Yata yata yata...

However you really need to think for yourself, Chevy AND Nissan, are not going to reveal there secrets, don't take everything for face value....

OR do YOU have a source PROVING they were untouched street tires to back up your claim that they are...

Ok, so this is actually something youve seen on the net and not proven to be true by fact... and I dont have any sources proving they were untouched street tires, never said I did... and I also stated that Nissan and Chevy "CLAIM" that it was all standard and until proven otherwise we cant really do anything but speculate... If I ever come across the source I will be sure to share it with you :) I will however check out your vid... thanks!

Ok, so this is actually something youve seen on the net and not proven to be true by fact... and I dont have any sources proving they were untouched street tires, never said I did... and I also stated that Nissan and Chevy "CLAIM" that it was all standard and until proven otherwise we cant really do anything but speculate... If I ever come across the source I will be sure to share it with you :) I will however check out your vid... thanks!

This is a Video to show what I'm talking about.

DON'T ask for proof of point, if you CANT prove your own........

Especially one that CANT be proven EITHER way. However somethings in life you don't need proof to know, Like this, & that $hit tast like Crap.

I'm also stumped that so many people just accept what the Manufactures tell them as fact.

As stated in the Video and oohhh soo widely spread over the net, is that there are things they can do to the tires (Shaving modifying etc) and still "CLAIM" to have "Street tires" as well as so many other factors.

UNLESS a independent source confirms the times, you would have to be pretty gullible to believe those times were on regular un-modified street tires.

Last edited:
DON'T ask for proof of point, if you CANT prove your own........

I think you misunderstood, before you get all offensive... I asked for proof because you were claiming/stating things I have never seen proof of or read anywhere... Now I said that Chevy and Nissan "claim" things were standard... I can prove what they "claim" with sources from what ive read ( I will need to search for them, but I know theyre there).... Now I never said anywhere that what they "claim" is true.... so what exactly do you want me to prove? In this case we can only go by the information we have... and the info we have comes from the manufacturers... Unless someone comes with rock solid proof that they werent standard, we will just have to go by what they give us... if we believe those things to be true or not is up to person in question...

And I dont think I can beat you on any tires, I am not a fast driver and suck even more at time trialing, so you wont get competition from me. Also finding out fastest lap possible almost certainly requires EVERYONE to use R3, since obviously those are the grippiest tires... so why not set the tire restriction to R3? Then the times will have some relevance in this whole scheme

I think you misunderstood, before you get all offensive... I asked for proof because you were claiming/stating things I have never seen proof of or read anywhere...

My bad for misunderstanding.

Now I said that Chevy and Nissan "claim" things were standard... I can prove what they "claim" with sources from what ive read ( I will need to search for them, but I know theyre there).... Now I never said anywhere that what they "claim" is true.... so what exactly do you want me to prove? In this case we can only go by the information we have... and the info we have comes from the manufacturers... Unless someone comes with rock solid proof that they werent standard, we will just have to go by what they give us... if we believe those things to be true or not is up to person in question...

Because the Manufacture IS the ONLY source and there hasn't been any outside party backing up the claims, they are just that CLAIMS, not proven. They SHOW us a nice video, but it doesn't PROVE the "Claim"

YOU might not of heard about this, but if you look, the Buzz is ALL over.

And I dont think I can beat you on any tires, I am not a fast driver and suck even more at time trialing, so you wont get competition from me. Also finding out fastest lap possible almost certainly requires EVERYONE to use R3, since obviously those are the grippiest tires... so why not set the tire restriction to R3? Then the times will have some relevance in this whole scheme

For a few reasons. Some people think they can get a better time mismatching the tires, Let them.

IF R3 will be the fastest regardless, whats the point of regulating it? Sort of making rules for no reason.

So the Rules are, Run what you "Brung", No Holds Barred...

Lets have the great guys at Garage 419 Really ANALYZE the laps then for fun.

This is Just a great side by side, not showing weather the tires were fudged, but shows the reliability of the manufactures claims to fame.

Late start, early finish, always helps to shave of a few seconds.

Last edited:
My bad for misunderstanding.

No problem 👍

Because the Manufacture IS the ONLY source and there hasn't been any outside party backing up the claims, they are just that CLAIMS, not proven. They SHOW us a nice video, but it doesn't PROVE the "Claim"

YOU might not of heard about this, but if you look, the Buzz is ALL over.

But can you blame me for asking?? This is the internet afterall and people can just be blowing smoke out of their *** if you know what I mean... :)

For a few reasons. Some people think they can get a better time mismatching the tires, Let them.

IF R3 will be the fastest regardless, whats the point of regulating it? Sort of making rules for no reason.
So the Rules are, Run what you "Brung", No Holds Barred...

Fair enough, I got the clarification now and its your party afterall 👍 So your sandbox, your rules ;)

No problem 👍

But can you blame me for asking?? This is the internet afterall and people can just be blowing smoke out of their *** if you know what I mean... :)

Fair enough, I got the clarification now and its your party afterall 👍 So your sandbox, your rules ;)

Cheers!

Check out the Video of the GTR vs ZR1 Side by side. Just great stuff.

Cheers!

Check out the Video of the GTR vs ZR1 Side by side. Just great stuff.

Will definitely check it, at work now though, but I'll see it when I get home... Might even try and put a pitiful time down to add to the thread here :D

Late start, early finish, always helps to shave of a few seconds.

Thats how it is officially done, so the car can pull off the track after their lap so they don't have to go all the way around the circuit again.

Using anythng more than S2 tyres for this is silly IMO.

Jay
Thats how it is officially done, so the car can pull off the track after their lap so they don't have to go all the way around the circuit again.

Using anythng more than S2 tyres for this is silly IMO.

Yeah, forget that they drove on shaved Pilot Sports...

Jay
GTR didn't drive on pilot sports at all, the only car I know drove on Pilot Sports is a ACR, which has them out of the factory.

If you claim otherwise or have proof then please take it to the correct thread (which has been discussed throughly already)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=99950

If not then close to, but shaved and modified for the run...

Ahh they were Dunlop SP SPORT 600 DSST CTT Do you call them S1 or S2??? lol (Haven't checked your 101 page thread link yet, and wont)

And boy do they claim they were untouched, Id like to see some pics of those tires B & A....

Last edited:
If not then close to, but shaved and modified for the run...

Ahh they were Dunlop SP SPORT 600 DSST CTT Do you call them S1 or S2??? lol (Haven't checked your 101 page thread link yet, and wont)

And boy do they claim they were untouched, Id like to see some pics of those tires B & A....

I don't know what they are in GT (the dunlops that are factory tyres) but already with S2's the GTR can pull easy over 1g in the corners which it can't do in real life with those dunlops, not to mention R tyres..

To be honest I was kind of interested in this battle and actually did a few laps in the ZR-1 already, but regarding your ongoing "DUH! Of course they cheated. Morans!" attitude, I'm not sure I want to contribute anything.

To be honest I was kind of interested in this battle and actually did a few laps in the ZR-1 already, but regarding your ongoing "DUH! Of course they cheated. Morans!" attitude, I'm not sure I want to contribute anything.

So don't.

BTW "Moran" is the Moron, way to spell the word...

My attitude IS NOT "DUH! Of course they cheated. Morans!" Moron. Its DON'T take EVERYTHING the Manufacture tell you about there cars at face value, look for Independant or Standardized testing to be more Accurate. Don't be so gullible.

It seems too hard for people to just enjoy the game, they would rather nit pick over tire selection & BS that makes no difference, trashing anything that doesn't try to MIRROR reality. The reality of it all is this GAME is So far from the real world, people should lay off the S# tires or nothing on street cars. If the GAME allows me to run R tires on Street cars, then let me do so, run challenges without the interjections from members of the Peanut gallery telling me I shouldn't....

Just enjoy the game, FORGET about a car battle, that seems too hard to enjoy. Go grab a Lupo And run laps on N1 tires if that's what floats your boat.

Last edited:
So don't.

BTW "Moran" is the Moron, way to spell the word...
It's a meme, of which I thought it would be commonly known:

My attitude IS NOT "DUH! Of course they cheated. Morans!" Moron. Its DON'T take EVERYTHING the Manufacture tell you about there cars at face value, look for Independant or Standardized testing to be more Accurate. Don't be so gullible.
I don't believe everything the manufacturers tell me. Yet, I also have a very hard time believing someone who claims that the manufactuers have been cheating without any proof other than "a reliable source saying so". At best, that is one's word against another's, thus a draw.

It seems too hard for people to just enjoy the game, they would rather nit pick over tire selection & BS that makes no difference. trashing anything that doesn't try to MIRROR reality. The reality of it all is this GAME is So far from the real world, people should lay off the S# tires or nothing on street cars. If the GAME allows me to run R tires on Street cars, then let me do so, run challenges without the interjections from members of the Peanut gallery telling me I shouldn't....

Just enjoy the game, FORGET about a car battle, that seems too hard.
Problem is that you've picked a sensible combination of cars and track. Sensible because of the real world happenings, obviously heavily discussed. That should have told you that people will likely refer to those relations and will not "just play the game". Choosing appropriate tires may support the real life laptimes (or may not and therefore open an interesting discussion) and thus bear at least some importance, even if it's just a game.

It's a meme, of which I thought it would be commonly known

I know it, but find it too racist, and moronic, therefore the Moron way to spell it.

I'm don't believe everything the manufacturers tell me. Yet, I also have a very hard time believing someone who claims that the manufactuers have been cheating without any proof other than "a reliable source saying so". At best, that is one's word against another's, thus a draw.

Show me Proof there were not messed with. It's in my opinion that they were and I could be wrong, but I'm ALWAYS skeptical of what the manufacture is trying to feed me that glorifies their Product. like I haven't heard the manufacture of a Product tell me their product is the greatest, and finding something different when I get home. No, that's never happened before....

I don't need to prove that they were messed with. I'm not claiming the lap times. Its UP TO THEM to PROVE they were not. Just like its up to ME to prove I've done something that I claim to have done.....

Problem is that you've picked a sensible combination of cars and track. Sensible because of the real world happenings, obviously heavily discussed. That should have told you that people will likely refer to those relations and will not "just play the game". Choosing appropriate tires may support the real life laptimes (or may not and therefore open an interesting discussion) and thus bear at least some importance, even if it's just a game.

The Problem is that I've picked a sensible combination of cars and track? That's a Problem? Dude that's ridiculous. OBVIOUSLY I'm aware of the laps times of the 2 cars has been discussed, Am I not allowed to acknowledge that in my OP and look past it to enjoy the game taking the 2 cars to the GAMES limits, in ways the game will allow me...

I'm quite sure I wasn't the one who brought the thread off topic Nit Picking about The tires being used, I would rather just enjoy the game, but it seams too hard for some.

Last edited:
Show me Proof there were not messed with. It's in my opinion that they were and I could be wrong, but I'm ALWAYS skeptical of what the manufacture is trying to feed me that glorifies their Product. like I haven't heard the manufacture of a Product tell me their product is the greatest, and finding something different when I get home. No, that's never happened before....

I don't need to prove that they were messed with. I'm not claiming the lap times. Its UP TO THEM to PROVE they were not. Just like its up to ME to prove I've done something that I claim to have done.....
Of course that happens, everywhere, every single day. But laptimes are a different matter. I'm not completely sold on the efforts of Nissan and Chevrolet either, but as long as there's no proof that they cheated, I grant them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't.

The question of which party needs to proof what is a difficult one. I personally think that a car manufacturer claiming to have done a specific laptime on a specific track doesn't need to provide any proof as long as it seems reasonable. I can understand that people doubt the GT-R because the numbers simply don't support the times it chucks out, but it has repeatedly proven that it is faster around a track than one would expect it to be. Therefore, I think the Nürburgring time is legit. Same for the ZR-1, of which I would be surprised if it would have been slower. Just my opinion though.

The Problem is that I've picked a sensible combination of cars and track? That's a Problem? Dude that's ridiculous. OBVIOUSLY I'm aware of the laps times of the 2 cars has been discussed, Am I not allowed to acknowledge that in my OP and look past it to enjoy the game taking the 2 cars to the GAMES limits, in ways the game will allow me...

I'm quite sure I wasn't the one who brought the thread off topic Nit Picking about The tires being used, I would rather just enjoy the game
You didn't, but you should have expected that someone would. You can't pick a sensible, heavily discussed combination of cars & track and then say "let's totally ignore that and just race". I mean sure, of course you can, but you can't seriously expect people to completely ignore the real life resemblance.

Last edited:
Of course that happens, everywhere, every single day. But laptimes are a different matter. I'm not completely sold on the efforts of Nissan and Chevrolet either, but as long as there's no proof that they cheated, I grant them the benefit of the doubt that they didn't.

I don't. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt at all. That's my opinion, So I respectfully disagree.

The question of which party needs to proof what is a difficult one. I personally think that a car manufacturer claiming to have done a specific laptime on a specific track doesn't need to provide any proof as long as it seems reasonable. Just my opinion though.

I disagree, and its my opinion, they need to prove their claim, especially if the Claim is record breaking, benchmark setting, bar raising...

You didn't, but you should have expected that someone would. You can't pick a sensible, heavily discussed combination of cars & track and then say "let's totally ignore that and just race". I mean sure, of course you can, but you can't seriously expect people to completely ignore the real life resemblance.

I just want to play the game and have fun, I don't have a issue with people who don't enjoy the game the same way as me. As soon as I jump into somebody else thread and trash talk them for only using N or S tires etc, Let me know.... Excuse me for telling people trash talking me in my thread for using R tires to stick it where they can stick it... Especially since they do so in a way that's condescending and portraying them as being better for doing so and all else as irrelevant... People act like this game is a mirror representation of the real world, while it is good, its still far off.

If you don't like the Battle Don't post in the thread, simple as that.

But this whole thread is too far off topic now anyways.

Last edited:
I don't. I don't give them the benefit of the doubt at all. That's my opinion, So I respectfully disagree.
Fair enough! 👍

I disagree, and its my opinion, they need to prove their claim, especially if the Claim is record breaking, benchmark setting, bar raising...
Again, a matter of opinion. None of us can prove anything in this case, so we actually are on the same level, even if we come from opposing sides.

I just want to play the game and have fun, I don't have a issue with people who don't enjoy the game the same way as me. As soon as I jump into somebody else thread and trash talk them for only using N or S tires etc, Let me know.... Excuse me for telling people trash talking me in my thread for using R tires to stick it where they can stick it...
I don't expect you to, but then, only few suggested combinations are as symbolic as this one.

Especially since they do so in a way that's condescending and portraying them as being better for doing so and all else as irrelevant...
In my opinion, noone came over as condescending or portraying before you said that proposing to use street tires would be "plain stupid" and ridiculed the idea by laughing at it.

But this whole thread is too far off topic now anyways.
Granted, I'll shut up now.

Sinister, you're going to actually make me get good at the ring... And here I thought I was wresting my life back from Gran Turismo. I'm SEVEN full seconds behind you with the ZR-1. I am garbage at the ring! What tires/settings did you use? If it's all stock settings I'm not going to bed until I match your time.

*hangs head in shame*

Not to fuel the fire too much but: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/27/gauntlet-thrown-corvette-zr1-laps-the-ring-in-7-26-4/

"...the ZR1 that lapped the 'Ring was in stock trim, with the exception of safety and communications equipment. As such, the ZR1 was wearing the same Michelin Pilot Sport 2s found on the production model, the chassis alignment and vehicle height were set to factory specs and the unmodified engine was running on pump gas."

We should go pour some gasoline on that other thread, let's take that part of the discussion over there because frankly I am interested.

Back