ZR1 Vs GTR R35 Nurbergering Battle

• Thread starter SiNiST3R
  • 57 comments
BTW "Moran" is the Moron, way to spell the word...

thats_the_joke.jpg

I don't find racist jokes funny, even if they spin off a Rednecks Stupidity.

Racist Jokes aren't funny, simple as that!!!

In case its not obvious the Redneck is Speaking to Muslims & making a spin off joke of his own on the Coran...

It's not funny at all...

Sinister, you're going to actually make me get good at the ring... And here I thought I was wresting my life back from Gran Turismo. I'm SEVEN full seconds behind you with the ZR-1. I am garbage at the ring! What tires/settings did you use? If it's all stock settings I'm not going to bed until I match your time.

*hangs head in shame*

Not to fuel the fire too much but: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/27/gauntlet-thrown-corvette-zr1-laps-the-ring-in-7-26-4/

"...the ZR1 that lapped the 'Ring was in stock trim, with the exception of safety and communications equipment. As such, the ZR1 was wearing the same Michelin Pilot Sport 2s found on the production model, the chassis alignment and vehicle height were set to factory specs and the unmodified engine was running on pump gas."

We should go pour some gasoline on that other thread, let's take that part of the discussion over there because frankly I am interested.

I did it with a completely stock st up, NO TUNING at all. I tuned her for a bit, but she became unmanageable, so I reverted to Stock settings and haven't touched them since.

Glad to see somebody taking on the challenge.

To contribute something worthwhile to this thread, I did some more laps as well.

I would say the ZR-1 is a good 10 seconds faster than the GT-R overall. I'm still trying to push the GT-R below 7 minutes, which I think it is capable of, I just need to get a clean lap together. I did a 6:51 in the ZR-1, but the lap wasn't clean either, so I'm sure it's manageable to push it below 6:50.

Will report back...

In case its not obvious the Redneck is Speaking to Muslims & making a spin off joke of his own on the Coran...
Hand on heart - I have never heard that version before. For me, he simply misspells it because he doesn't know how it's spelled properly. I honestly doubt it was meant to be a side blow on the muslims. After all, the word sounds more like "moran" when you hear it, so one with a not so sure-footed spelling will easily be fooled into writing it that way.

EDIT:

Here are my laptimes. There's another few seconds in it for me with each car on a superclean lap (given I would add my best sector times), but these times are representative of what I was able to manage on a clean, average lap:

ZR-1vsGT-R.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, One Interceptor!!!!!!!!!!

I updated the OP to include a Leader board, as of now, your on top of the stack, Now I needs to take a few more trips out to the ring :)

Shouldn't there be a rule for physics? I mean it's obvious which tyres give you the best time, but I don't think it is as obvious with the physics.

I think that standard physics provide quicker times compared to pro physics due to higher curve speeds, being able to brake later and easier vehicle handling in general.

I think that standard physics provide quicker times compared to pro physics due to higher curve speeds, being able to brake later and easier vehicle handling in general.

Yup Standard gives you tires more like GT4, Pro or Standard is up to the user.

Id like to see the cars run at there limits in the game, fast as they can go in GT PSP.

As soon as I get a real ZR1, Ill do more realistic testing ;)

Yup Standard gives you tires more like GT4, Pro or Standard is up to the user.
Still, I feel the settings used should be mentioned in the leaderboard for comparison. (e.g. if people are doing sub-7 minutes using PRO, no aids and N1 tyres, other people will know they have something to work on ;))

I haven't tried STD physics on any of the cars yet, but I almost know for certain I will be several seconds faster with it (since it will be more forgiving on my crappy driving ;)).

Still, I feel the settings used should be mentioned in the leaderboard for comparison. (e.g. if people are doing sub-7 minutes using PRO, no aids and N1 tyres, other people will know they have something to work on ;))

I haven't tried STD physics on any of the cars yet, but I almost know for certain I will be several seconds faster with it (since it will be more forgiving on my crappy driving ;)).

Agreed!

Mention what you used, unless its obvious in the pic. Ill update the leader board to reflect Standard & Pro settings used.

If I'm the one being called out for trash talking, I'd just like to let you know that it isn't necessary. I never intended to trash talk anyone. Your interests lie in making these cars go around the 'Ring as quick as possible. My interests lie in using the most realistic tires possible to attain lap times close to what the manufacturers claim.

There's nothing wrong with that at all. We just have different interests. :)

what's the big deal here?
ZR1 - 6'46.265 (still got room for improvement)
'Around the Ring as quick as possible?' C'mon, driving standard physics is child's play... stop kidding yourself!

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-F63E8276D03.zip
    61.2 KB · Views: 7
what's the big deal here?
ZR1 - 6'46.265 (still got room for improvement)
'Around the Ring as quick as possible?' C'mon, driving standard physics is child's play... stop kidding yourself!

Dude check yourself. Stop kidding yourself.

You don't need to run Standard, it makes no difference to me, run what you want. Drop the punches. If others can get faster laps on standard, LET THEM.

CRAZY STUFF JUST HAPPENED TO MY PSP.!
So I was just on my 3rd test with The GT-R and I was leaving SPRUNGHUGEL making my way to Schwalbenschwanz & my psp just went Dead In mid turn..JUST Black Screen...

I get that four or five times per day. My battery is completely drained and my AC cord sometimes loses it's connection while plugged in. Just be glad that it only happened once to you.

Ahh I had some power supply issues when I was using the 2 in 1 Power supply / usb cable.

When they were both plugged in one or the other wouldn't work properly.

Or the Charge on the battery is so little the power being on and running a game would kill it, as apposed to the power cord straight to the wall where the issue never occurred.

first attempt in standard mode :
6'53.289... come on, standard is sooooo easy, just try in professionnal mode, you'll SEE the difference :)
i'm going to try it again for the second stime, maybe i'll get a 6m35 LOL (since i had gone in the sand a few times)

EDIT 1 : 6'50'588.... and still crashed head on on a barrier and the car stopped totally; LOL

Final EDIT :

there you go, 6'45.090, orvette ZR1///

6'50'588.... and still crashed head on on a barrier and the car stopped totally; LOL

there you go, 6'45.090, orvette ZR1///

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit your posts 2005pierric with each development, rather than make new posts for each (otherwise the moderators will get very, very angry with you and send you a letter telling you how angry they are).

6:45. clean lap?

I hope so, because I thought it went without saying (as most racing comps go) The runs have to be clean and legit, meaning 2 wheels on the track at all times with No wall contact. People still post times from runs that are not clean? Crazy.

If it was clean, nice run, I'll be at it to top it as soon as I get a ZR1 ;)

I really should take the ZR1 out some more, Since I restarted my GT PSP (new save game) I still don't have a ZR1, but I should go get one, its my fav car in the game.

It's a conceivable time. I've gotten an R3-tires but otherwise stock ZR-1 around in 6'49.xxx, and that was hardly a clean time. I think a perfect, perfect lap would be around 6'40" - 6'42".

It's a conceivable time. I've gotten an R3-tires but otherwise stock ZR-1 around in 6'49.xxx, and that was hardly a clean time. I think a perfect, perfect lap would be around 6'40" - 6'42".

Never said it wasn't conceivable, I was wondering due to the details described in his previous post, about times with NOT clean laps (hitting a wall is not clean ;) ) So I just wanted to be sure.

I went ahead and picked up 6 ZR1`s this morning, so I will be running some laps later today with her.

Again, Nice time!

Last edited:
yes my previous laps i missed the corner entry just after the long straightn so i bumped in the small square barriere you can see on the right lol...

My 6'49.xxx was a clean lap in that I kept at least 2 wheels on the track, but the lines were not optimal.

I'm not used to R3 tires either as I almost never use them on street cars in any GT game; I'm usually on S-tires.

Back