As you may have just read, GT3 celebrated an important 15 year milestone today. On July 20, 2001, the game became available in Europe following earlier roll-outs in North America and Japan. To celebrate, we’re holding a little contest, with two prizes up for grabs.
For GTPlanet members with GT3, your challenge is as follows:
- Head over to the Time Trials in Arcade Mode, and select No. 6 (Castrol Supra GT @ Apricot Hill).
- Try to get your fastest time possible. There are no limits on the number of attempts.
- Once you’re satisfied, make sure at least the top original developer time is still visible (Y.Yasuhara, 1’17.447), and snap a picture of the Records board. It can either be at the pre-race menu, or the separate screen shown below.
- Once you’ve got it, post the image to the dedicated forum thread (located right here).
The fastest person at the end of the month will win their choice of either a year’s subscription to GTPlanet Premium, or a digital copy of GTPEDIA.
Members without GT3, have no fear! You can still win:
- Head to the thread mentioned above and post your best guess for my final time.
- The member closest without going under (faster) will have their choice of the same prize options as the racers.
- As you can see above, I’ve managed to beat the top time set by the team, but that’s the only hint you’ll receive.
- You only get one guess, so make it count!
Not a GTPlanet member? Register a free account here.
On August 1, we will announce the two winners. Good luck!