Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
You have DLC which means you can't go back further than 2.02, I don't have any and I can go back to 1.0 or whatever the original version was from the first discs pressed - but I still can't delete the stuck car. I've been trying to get rid of it ever since I acquired it in the first months after the game first came out.

It's a Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04 acquired from the IA License test, nothing to do with Nascar.

N.B. its not a simple case of editing the gamefile, I wish it was, you can see the cars listed and the data associated with in the gamefile if you load it into a hex editor, unfortunately if you change anything the game rejects it, there must be a checksum/CRC calculated, if you don't how to generate that, you're stuffed, I already tried that long ago trying to get shot of it.

You just acquire two of them in the garage, one you can drive, one you cannot.

Hi Chug since you,re able to go back further have you tried the update 1 by 1 to see if you can do anything in an update to the car, Instead of just concertraiting on going back to its earliest incarnation?

Try in basic to mess with or/and delete car. (If no joy use one update and try again? Etc etc.)
And then keep doing that until it lets you do something or get back up to 2.09 update?
Chat soon bye for now.:)

Last edited:
I always get in every car once I get it, to do stiffening, wash and change oil.

So I have no 0,0,0 at all.

I guess PD will have to patch this soon as possible for those with the looping issue.

Has anyone tried when deleting there game data and gone back to there earliest position if they have used the options before clicking on the GT house to enter GT5 and gone to salvaged files in utilitiues next to where you clear the cache?

Has anyone tried when deleting there game data and gone back to there earliest position if they have used the options before clicking on the GT house to enter GT5 and gone to salvaged files in utilitiues next to where you clear the cache?

Yup, it just said nothing to salvage or something similar, I have now officially given up on trying to fix this problem as I think it's just pointless. Unless PD get involved and introduce a fix I can't see anyone getting their saves back up & running, while I am glad i'm not directly affected by this bug I have nothing but sympathy for those who have through no fault of their own.

Yup, it just said nothing to salvage or something similar, I have now officially given up on trying to fix this problem as I think it's just pointless. Unless PD get involved and introduce a fix I can't see anyone getting their saves back up & running, while I am glad i'm not directly affected by this bug I have nothing but sympathy for those who have through no fault of their own.

Cheers mate. Since your using someone elses save maybe thats why it said nothing to salvage? But no idea really, But with anyone whos trying on there system before they deleted the game data maybe it would work for them.
But still only speculation.

The reason I say that is that when you have used that save you have to create thumbnails for each car since the game data is for saves you created on your system rather than the save being compatible becuase of the game data and it works?
So there could be information what was in the original save thats associated with that game data what maybe able to salvage files?
Hope I have made that clear to understand.

And I uderstanding what your saying am in same boat with my sentiments too.
Just hope that it doesn,t go the same way for others who are alright now but get affected later down the line with similar issues?
Chat soon bye for now mate.

Last edited:

I echo these comments. I am, at this point, just taking my save as a loss and moving on. If PD puts out a patch to fix the problem, then great but I'm not holding my breath.

Now that the apparent problem has been reconized, we'll see if it gets patched.

Hope this makes it a little clearer by what I meant by the salvaged files?

Your game data is slighty different like everyones is slightly different? (Presumption? I think its something to do with the encryption?)
Thats why when you use someone elses save you have to create thumbnails when you view the garage?

Reason I said about the salvage thing is the save would need to be used with the original game data and ps3 since they are linked together.
So any files in the game data or save if they were to be corrupt could be salvaged.

Think that makes it clearer what am trying to say?

Plus has anyone looked see if they have car in there garage thats locked but working on 2.10 then the undeletable car can be wrote off has a option to fix?

Last edited:
Anyone explains the problem to Kazunori Yamauchi on tweeter? I dont find the way to contact to PD.
Like I said my Plastation phone support told me that cant do anything.

So it's Geoff Gordon's fault. Well to Geoff, "Ready?" :ill:

EDIT: And, I was referring to posts like this: "So it's Geoff Gordon's fault. Well to Geoff, "Ready?"
That is NOT trying to help and that is what frustrates me and plus it was said before that it was not just limited to NASCAR cars being the culprit here.

I'm sorry. :(

I was just trying to lighten the mood. When my game looped, I was devastated. I fixed my issue and posted how here but that did not help you. Good luck recovering your game.

Does not work. The yellow exclamation marked cars are different than the non exclamation marked cars that can't be deleted. I have tried twice now and the cars are still undeletable.

How long have those two cars been 'broken'?

I just reverted back to 2.09 to check my NASCAR cars and sure enough, I cannot delete or do anything with my Ford 2010 AJ Allmendinger #43 Fusion.

I had the loop problem yesterday while trying to get on (I updated to 2.10 while the psn was under maintenance). I solved it by going offline while loading GT5, then once I was in career mode, I switch back to online. Had no trouble at all that way, I did some seasonal and online racing without any deconnection. My save game was totally fine also.

I would say the looping is caused by the 2.10 update trying to change the PP value of these cars that have corrupted files.

PD needs to write a patch that skips or deletes any corrupted car file that is found.

so out of you guys, just how many did the same thing as me and did the nascar challenge after deleting the latest system update so you could asm off and win the nascar challenge far easier? also did you, like me, win other cars before redownloading the later system updates. i think ive got like 4 cars with this exclamation point.

also @ cargorat, no need to get upset over the comment i made. only reason i said i thought it was pd fault instead of sony was because a lot of people were assuming it was sony and that the problem would be solved after the update. besides me other users have also had the suspicion that it might have been the undeletable ghost cars. i even asked you if you had any of these cars.

anyways, i had a feeling that these ghost cars might cause trouble one way or the other, i tried a couple times and never was able to delete them. funny how i cant even play gt5 anymore because i wanted the easy way out of the boring nascar challenge.

I would say the looping is caused by the 2.10 update trying to change the PP value of these cars that have corrupted files.

PD needs to write a patch that skips or deletes any corrupted car file that is found.

Hmmm... Just noticed I have a few cars that do not have a picture showing when I scroll through my garage. Could this be a problem?
List includes the Nismo GT-R LM, a Tommykaira ZZII and a DLC-painted Lotus Evora.

They were all duped and traded except for the Evora. (And yes, now I'm wondering if this could eventually become a problem for me. Paranoia setting in.)

Hmmm... Just noticed I have a few cars that do not have a picture showing when I scroll through my garage. Could this be a problem?
List includes the Nismo GT-R LM, a Tommykaira ZZII and a DLC-painted Lotus Evora.

They were all duped and traded except for the Evora. (And yes, now I'm wondering if this could eventually become a problem for me. Paranoia setting in.)

The no thumb happens when you dupe them out. Just create a new thumb. If you cannot and can't drive them then you have a problem too.

@Musolini that's exactly what I did. I went back to a previous version to complete the NASCAR challenge as well as one of the license tests so I could turn abs off.

I just tried my game that I saved to an external hard drive, before I reverted the game back to do the NASCAR challenge without ASM, and the update to 2.10 worked. So for me at least the looping came from the car that I could not delete that I got during my time playing in a previous version.

OMG... I've deleted my stuck car! 💡

I don't have any and I can go back to 1.0 or whatever the original version was from the first discs pressed - but I still can't delete the stuck car. I've been trying to get rid of it ever since I acquired it in the first months after the game first came out.

Well I was wrong, it must have been something other than 1.0... :crazy: I deleted all the GT 5 data from Game Data Utility (not the savegame) and formatted the hard drive, loaded up my problem savegame from USB stick and started the game with the version off my first edition disc (1.0) and went into the garage... and I could delete the stuck car! :eek: Something in the later updates must have screwed with the data in the savegame. :yuck:

Anyway I downloaded updates up to 1.06 so I could backup the savegame to my USB stick (earlier version savegames are encrypted, 1.05 wouldn't work for reasons I won't go into) and restored all subsequent updates to 2.10 and... it worked! So it definately looks like its the stuck cars that are to blame. 👍

To those who have stuck DLC content, I wish I could offer advice. :( If you have DLC car or track packs, the early versions of the game won't run.

N.B. thanks to those who have offered suggestions and support, it's appreciated. 👍

Last edited:
OMG... I've deleted my stuck car! 💡

Well I was wrong, it must have been something other than 1.0... :crazy: I deleted all the GT 5 data from Game Data Utility (not the savegame) and formatted the hard drive, loaded up my problem savegame from USB stick and started the game with the version off my first edition disc (1.0) and went into the garage... and I could delete the stuck car! :eek: Something in the later updates must have screwed with the data in the savegame. :yuck:

Anyway I downloaded updates up to 1.06 so I could backup the savegame to my USB stick (earlier version savegames are encrypted, 1.05 wouldn't work for reasons I won't go into) and restored all subsequent updates to 2.10 and... it worked! So it definately looks like its the stuck cars that are to blame. 👍

To those who have stuck DLC content, I wish I could offer advice. :(

N.B. thanks to those who have offered suggestions and support, it's appreciated. 👍

Thats great news mate we need this quoting in the OP for others to try and we also need others in the poll to give it try and see if its a fix for all?
Anyone who knows some one in the poll just click on the numbers and it shows you who has voted?

Really glad someone has got up and running, Just hope it snowballs and others come in who get good news with there saves.

Last edited:
Thats great news mate we need this quoting in the OP for others to try and we also need others in the poll to give it try and see if its a fix for all?
Anyone who knows some one in the poll just click on the numbers and it shows you who has voted?

Really glad someone has got up and running, Just hope it snowballs and others come in who get good news with there saves.

Yeah! great news confirming that the undeletable cars are the problem.

For me was imposible enter to my game in 1.00.
One time the game goes to GT menu but stuck and wont allow me to open garage.

I will try the method of chug-a-bug. Delete the game, then format and start from 0.

Did you start the profile offline?

Yeah! great news confirming that the undeletable cars are the problem.

For me was imposible enter to my game in 1.00.
One time the game goes to GT menu but stuck and wont allow me to open garage.

I will try the method of chug-a-bug. Delete the game, then format and start from 0.

Did you start the profile offline?

It looks like chug has pointed out that he updated from 1.00 the original disc and got to 1.06 and then re-save his game? After deleting the car.
I suggest you do the same and try and update from 1.00 and update one at a time until it lets you into the game?

This is only worth trying for those without DLC packs I believe as according to Cargo_rat he couldn't use his savegame before 2.02. If you still can't delete stuck cars with version 1.0 then I guess you're out of luck.

Offline: I wasn't, you'll just get the notification to update to 2.10, I just pressed O button to ignore it.

It looks like chug has pointed out that he updated from 1.00 the original disc and got to 1.06 and then re-save his game? After deleting the car.

I guess I better explain that, I have a number of PS3 backups on a USB hard drive including 2.09 and 2.10. I updated from 1.0 to 1.06 by downloading updates from the server, started up the game, made sure it saved, then backed up the savegame to USB stick. Then I restored the 2.10 hard drive backup (it'd take hours to download all the updates from the server) then restored my savegame from the USB stick and booted the the game, and voila, it worked. But I guess you could just carry on downloading updates from teh server.

Last edited:
This is only worth trying for those without DLC I believe as according to Cargo_rat he couldn't use his savegame before 2.02. If you still can't delete stuck cars with version 1.0 then I guess you're out of luck.

Offline: I wasn't, you'll just get the notification to update to 2.10, I just pressed O button to ignore it.

Hopefully anyone with DLC what has been bought after the game came out thats the original disc would just do not install or re-download them until you are complete and back in 2.10 with a working save.

Those with chromline or stealhs DLC or the edition where they got them given just need to borrow a PS3 without the owner having the Stealth or chromeline edition?

Since when you try to load GT5 from an edition with chromlines/stealths it will always try install them straight away?

Hope that helps those with DLC?

Latest Posts

Back