Looping When Trying To Load Game After 2.10 Udate *FIXED*

Are you having the looping problems after 2.10 update

• Total voters
It is possible a glitch like that could happen.

Does it give you a error message when you try and delete? Or does it freeze?

When I click on the car via the triangle button, the dialog box comes up with all the options. When I click "open", the dialog box disapears. When I click "change car", it asks me if I want to get in, I say yes, box again disapears and I'm still in the car I was before. Same thing for tuning, sell and demo, box just disapears. It will let me add it to "favorites" tho. When I click on create thumbnail for just that car, it throws me back to the main GT screen.

When I click on it with the "x" button, nothing happens.

GTP_CargoRat
When I click on the car via the triangle button, the dialog box comes up with all the options. When I click "open", the dialog box disapears. When I click "change car", it asks me if I want to get in, I say yes, box again disapears and I'm still in the car I was before. Same thing for tuning, sell and demo, box just disapears. It will let me add it to "favorites" tho. When I click on create thumbnail for just that car, it throws me back to the main GT screen.

Definately some big problems.

Is this problem with the cars on anyone elses?

I guess the best way is to find something thats the same with everyone who is having the problems.

Definately some big problems.

Is this problem with the cars on anyone elses?

I guess the best way is to find something thats the same with everyone who is having the problems.

Yes, I have heard like 5 or 6 people that have the looping issue say that they have these undeletable cars so I am almost willing to bet that that is the problem. I'm going to delete everything I can and see if I still have the problem. If it still loops, then it has to be those cars as that will be the only thing left on my account.

If those 2 cars causing the loop issue, better send a tweet to Kaz, so he can do something about it.

I tweeted Kaz about wrong tire info during replay, not sure if it's fixed now, I did it when GT5 was still 2.08.

GTP_CargoRat
Yes, I have heard like 5 or 6 people that have the looping issue say that they have these undeletable cars so I am almost willing to bet that that is the problem. I'm going to delete everything I can and see if I still have the problem. If it still loops, then it has to be those cars as that will be the only thing left on my account.

So were the cars usable before the patch?

Which 2 nascar cars specifically, or do the cars vary in each users case?

They are 2010 Kyle Busch and 2010 Carl Edwards. Both seem to be unbroken in as they are still at 824 HP so apparently I bought them but never used them.

Yes, when sorted by distance, they are 0/0/0 cars.

I'm guessing that the save data on those particular cars is corrupt. It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with the actual cars, but rather your particular save data. In that case, I think you would need another source to manually enter your save data and remove the corrupt data. I'm not knowledgable enough to know how to do that, I'm guessing a PC could break into the save or possibly a 'broken' PS3.

Ah ok. I have all the cars but I've also never used those two specifically.

Dunno if that helps.

I don't think it relates specifically to those cars as a whole cause somewhere in this thread others have mentioned different cars that they could not delete.

I really don't think this is a punishment for having glitched cars, or PD would certainly be informing the rest of us as a warning.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking a punishment, I was thinking the pp changes could not be updated properly.

Did the patch change the PP on nascar's? If so, then that may be the root of the issue. As the new PP system data is overwriting the existing data, it's somehow corrupting said data and then the update is getting stuck at that point.

Yeah, I wasn't thinking a punishment, I was thinking the pp changes could not be updated properly.

I'm thinking that is the problem, but with these two cars that I can't delete or do anything with. I'll know soon because all I have left to delete is the rest of my standard cars. Everything else is deleted except for the DLC cars that can't be deleted.

@MUDD: Yes, the updated PP levels did affect the NASCAR cars.

Last edited:
Huuuummm that sucks.

I guess i might try my other accounts to see if i have this problem on any of them. Might go see and if I do I will try to fix it and if any luck I will be sure to post a step by step.

Ok guys. Went thru and deleted everything. Tickets, suits, paint, cars, everything. The only thing on the account was the two undeletable/unusable cars that I spoke of previously and the DLC cars that can't be deleted.

Updated to 2.10 and loaded up the game. It still looped. So, my conclusion is that it is those undeletable/unusable cars that is causing the problem. Anyone who is having the looping problem, I will almost guarantee you that you have at least one of these cars on your account that, for some reason, can't be deleted or used. It can be any car, mine just happens to be two NASCAR cars.

Now, my question is, is there anyway possible to get rid of these cars. My guess is probably not, but I feel that that is going to be the only way to be able to use these accounts again unless PD comes out with a patch.

If you want to check yourself to see if you have any of these cars, you are going to have to back up your savegame to a USB drive. Delete your savegame and backup from your PS3. Go online and update to 2.09 and stop. Disable your internet connection to your PS3, then load the game. Your game should load now that you are back at 2.09. Now go through your garage and see if you have any of these cars that you can't delete or get into.

Thats my conclusion as to what the problem could possibly be.

GTP_CargoRat
Ok guys. Went thru and deleted everything. Tickets, suits, paint, cars, everything. The only thing on the account was the two undeletable/unusable cars that I spoke of previously and the DLC cars that can't be deleted.

Updated to 2.10 and loaded up the game. It still looped. So, my conclusion is that it is those undeletable/unusable cars that is causing the problem. Anyone who is having the looping problem, I will almost guarantee you that you have at least one of these cars on your account that, for some reason, can't be deleted or used. It can be any car, mine just happens to be two NASCAR cars.

Now, my question is, is there anyway possible to get rid of these cars. My guess is probably not, but I feel that that is going to be the only way to be able to use these accounts again unless PD comes out with a patch.

If you want to check yourself to see if you have any of these cars, you are going to have to back up your savegame to a USB drive. Delete your savegame and backup from your PS3. Go online and update to 2.09 and stop. Disable your internet connection to your PS3, then load the game. Your game should load now that you are back at 2.09. Now go through your garage and see if you have any of these cars that you can't delete or get into.

Thats my conclusion as to what the problem could possibly be.

Only way would be crack the save and delete them from it.

But who would know how to do that?

thelvynau
Only way would be crack the save and delete them from it.

But who would know how to do that?
Hummmm

I might be wrong but isn't there a system tool that allows you to do this in the options screen?

Thats exactly the problem I have with mine. It's been like that ever since I acquired the car from golding a licence test when I first bought the game, I've never even driven it it's just been there, but stuck, in the garage ever since. Goodness knows what happened.

N.B. people with problems might want to add their testimony to the PSN thread: http://community.us.playstation.com...0-update-problem-Game-wont-start/m-p/39337813

Hummmm

I might be wrong but isn't there a system tool that allows you to do this in the options screen?

Lol, no. I'm pretty sure you're going to have to get into the gamesave much like our friend Sorg as done. Your going to have to have some special program to do it.

GTP_CargoRat
Lol, no. I'm pretty sure you're going to have to get into the gamesave much like our friend Sorg as done. Your going to have to have some special program to do it.

Never tried it but I thought there was a delete stored files or something (and i don't mean clear cashe)

GTP_CargoRat

Thats all I can think of to remove them.

Thats exactly the problem I have with mine. It's been like that ever since I acquired the car from golding a licence test when I first bought the game, I've never even driven it it's just been there, but stuck, in the garage ever since. Goodness knows what happened.

N.B. people with problems might want to add their testimony to the PSN thread: http://community.us.playstation.com...0-update-problem-Game-wont-start/m-p/39337813

That pretty much confirms it for me then. Looks like that is going to be what the problem is. Now, we just have to find a solution.

Ahhhh, I think I may have (along with others that have mentioned it before) the answer to whats causing the problem. Bad news is, there is no way to fix it as far as I know.

Follow me now. I have 76 Premium cars. I thought that I had deleted them all the last time I did this but I ended up missing them because they did not have any thumbnails and I must have passed right over them. They are two NASCAR cars. Anybody want to hazzard a guess as to whats wrong with them, besides the thumbnail thing. I can't delete them, use them, or do anything with them. They also lock up my system when I try to "create thumbnails for all cars". My system is locked up right now because it was creating the thumbnails, got about halfway thru, and froze. And I'm guessing it froze when it got to one of those undeletable/unusable cars.

Others that have this looping issue, have mentioned that they too have these cars. I think because of the PP update, it is getting stuck in the loop because it can't update the PP value of these cars.

I am almost willing to bet that if there is a way to delete these cars, everything will work fine. Thoughts..................

This looks like a good starting point, so I have passed this link onto SCEA.

Could a small scratch on the disk be causing this issue? Only way to find out is try a friends disk or rent a copy of the game.

Also, If you have multiple game saves stored somewhere do you have one to try that proceeds the purchase date of the 2 suspect cars?

Back