RVR Tuners - Feb 12th - Evolution X TC (Gymkhana)

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,156 comments
Okay for the 722
supposdly its the exact same suspension, except, -10 -10 ride height, 15% stiffer damper, the transmission is 0.001 increased (from 0.830 to 0.831)
Its BHP is 650, top speed 337 KMH, weighs 1649 kg.
The thing is, idk which engine upgrades i need to match the stats, is it the Ecu? the Exhaust?
Does it make a differnce, if not sure, should i just give it an Engine 1, 2 or 3 part and then just power limit it?
http://wikicars.org/en/Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren

Last edited:
Okay for the 722
supposdly its the exact same suspension, except, -10 -10 ride height, 15% stiffer damper, the transmission is 0.001 increased (from 0.830 to 0.831)
Its BHP is 650, top speed 337 KMH, weighs 1649 kg.
The thing is, idk which engine upgrades i need to match the stats, is it the Ecu? the Exhaust?
Does it make a differnce, if not sure, should i just give it an Engine 1, 2 or 3 part and then just power limit it?
http://wikicars.org/en/Mercedes-Benz_SLR_McLaren

I'll throw one together and get back to you.

EDIT: I went with a stage 1 engine tune and a sport exhaust, after an oil change it sits at 659...

Last edited:
Bro, is it supposed to have a sports exhaust, i have no idea man. You probably have a better idea than i do.
So stage 1 engine, weight reduction to 1649KG.
oil tune and a sports exhaust, then tone it down to 650 BHP.
I think ill make one right now. see how it goes.

Ok bro, i read from another tuner to get the car, run it so the engine is fully broken in, then compare the GT5 stats (BHP, Torque) to the real life one.
Tune acccordingly.

Ok bro, i read from another tuner to get the car, run it so the engine is fully broken in, then compare the GT5 stats (BHP, Torque) to the real life one.
Tune acccordingly.

If we are to run it in before tuning it, it will end up at 650 without adding anything..

Not sure if it should have a sport exhaust, but I did it for the sound so it didnt sound like a stock SLR. You should be able to get 650 with an oil change and the sport exhaust no problem. Not sure what'd be at after being run in..

Torque seems to be just about at what it should be, but comes in at about 800rpm earlier than the Merc site says it should on the real life one...

hey... bro, it can't be EXACTLY perfect as its a performance version.
We can make up the 800RPMs maybe in aerodynamics?
but its good enough. Cheers for the set up.

Hey Dylan!

Great work on the tunes, absolutely loving the Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG. I fell in love with it, it's so easy to drive and packs a punch. It shaved 3 seconds of my previous setup on Grand Valley Raceway! Absolutely brilliant! 👍

Also for your picture's, which software do you use to create them? Thanks bro!

Hey Dylan!

Great work on the tunes, absolutely loving the Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG. I fell in love with it, it's so easy to drive and packs a punch. It shaved 3 seconds of my previous setup on Grand Valley Raceway! Absolutely brilliant! 👍

Also for your picture's, which software do you use to create them? Thanks bro!

Thanks I recently have been inactive on this place due to the fact I do not have GT5 anymore.

To edit and resize the photos I use Paint.NET.

Mercedes SLR Mclaren (19" wheel option)
Track: Nurburgring Nordshleife (Seasonal #4 race)
Time: 6:48.970
My Rating: 8.5/10 [because the car wants to fly (not your fault)]

Oh, Your, God! Maybe I should have used you're instead of your, but this is an amazing tune. I used the car at 650pp; weigh st.3, windows, carbon hood, engine st.3, headers, high flow cats, titanium exh., supercharger, and from transmission down all the top stuff. PL at 99.2% I ended up with 651 after the No.4 seasonal at the Nurburgring. If I had done a few practice laps or even raced at other tracks I would have known not to push it before cresting the hill at Quiddelbacher Hohe (the part where you usually get somewhat airborn after the mid-speed corners in the beginning). When you come in at around 135-145mph and are used to slower cars (LM cars for one...) you think, 'oh, I'll just take this like I usually do! WRONG!. You better hit the brakes halfway up the hill. For being an 850hp/ 802ft-lb/ 1330kg monster, this car has no problem stopping or cornering (unless you are at or over 160mph-ish). I love this tune, and I also know that it's not the tuner has problems taking that "I want to fly" out of the car. It's hard. Trust me, I've tried with this one but couldn't do it. Also, if I didn't have to try and contend for the little bit of track space and lose it a couple times I would definitely be in the 6:25.xxx times I get with the Oreca Viper at the same power level.

The 'gist of it: Beyond great tune; car wants to fly but tries stock anyways; a bit of understeer at high speeds, remedied with letting off throttle or light braking; amazing stopping power; got me to ~215mph from Dottinger Hohe to Antoniusbuche (last long straight); not a single problem with low-mid speed corners

After I try for a better, cleaner, faster lap I'll test the Enzo. It'll finally give me a reason to buy one!
Didn't like it stock, the tune is better, but it doesn't like to go where the wheels tell it to at speed. Not even the long sweeper at Monza! Nice job fixing it though.

Last edited:
The Powerbomb Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 Elite
L9leV.jpg

419BHP - 523PP - 1169KG

What to buy:
Rigidity Improvement
Weight Loss - Stage 3
Window Weight Loss
Carbon Bonnet (Colour)
Sports ECU
Engine Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhuast Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High Range RPM Turbo
Fully Custom Transmission
LSD
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Custom Suspension
Sports Soft Tires

The Tune

Transmission:
1st Gear - 1.906
2nd Gear - 1.311
3rd Gear - 0.969
4th Gear - 0.764
5th Gear - 0.620
6th Gear - 0.530
Final Gear - 5.686
Top Speed 199Mph (After changes 210Mph)

LSD:
Initial Torque - 8
Acceleration - 30
Braking - 5

Suspension:
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 7.9/3.5
Dampers Ext.: 9/6
Dampers Comp: 6/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/5
Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: 0.25/0.05

Brake Balance:
3/8

Comments:
The Volkswagen Scirocco R... it's always made me wonder why they did not make 4WD but hey i'm not the chairman at VW... anyway this car is amazing looking but it is also a torque monster which means that wheelspin is common on this car no matter what you do to it... I toned down the wheelspin with longer gears and the understeer is practically gone now..

Extra:
Max. Torque: 47kgfm/5900RPM
Drivetrain: FF
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.74kg/BHP

The Volkswagen Scirocco '10 is the successor to the version from the late 80's and like its father is also Front Wheel Drive... The Scirocco R is also 100KG lighter than the Golf R and has the same engine too. The Golf R and Scirocco R both debuted at around the same time!

How do u get the gearing right?

I realize that this thread has been slightly inactive over the past few months, but I was just wondering how I might compensate for the addition of chassis enforcement on some of your tunes.

Reason being is that I want to use multiple tunes with chassis enforcement, switching between them on my settings sheet. I am mainly focusing on the RE Amemiya RX-7. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I have yur Focus 07 2008 Rally car fer formal testin' and I'll give u sum feed back, so here it is, my feedback on the car; The dampers was pickin up well on the bumps comin' down while the spring rate was excellent on the rebound so an enjoyable jumper. It surprised me 'cause I didn't have to use the chassis bars. Now as far as the rear goes, a little lose probally just adjust the toe out some more., but thats cause of my style of havin' tough rigid cars. Now i also would buy the engine upgrade number three then bring it down to 332 HP., so I would give you A 100% grade A, Good job!

Last edited:
Rally Racer Ford Focus WRC 07 '08 Elite

0O5aa.jpg

310BHP - 510PP - 1230KG

What to buy:
Fully Custom Transmission
LSD
Torque Distribution Centre Diff
Fully Custom Suspension
Snow + Dirt Tires
Oil Change (GT Auto)

The Tune

Aero
15/30

Transmission
1st Gear - 2.589
2nd Gear - 1.737
3rd Gear - 1.293
4th Gear - 1.024
5th Gear - 0.843
Final Gear - 4.000
Top Speed 162mph (After changes 157Mph)

LSD
Initial Torque - 7/9
Acceleration - 16/33
Braking - 9/16

Torque Distribution Centre Diff
40/60

Suspension
Ride Height: 10/5
Spring Rate: 5.7/4.4
Dampers Ext: 6/6
Dampers Comp: 4/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4
Camber Angle: 2.4/1.2
Toe Angle: -0.09/0.13

Brake Balance
4/3

Comments
Firstly thanks to Leonidae@MFT for some tips on how to tune a car for Rally racing as this was my very 1st attempt!
This car is tuned for great handling on Dirt and snow! It is tuned to oversteer less and to drive easier when Rallying! Hope you Enjoy
:)
Enjoy
:D

Uh, bud it comes with all that, cept tires and oil change, just a note from a Vet.

Latest Posts

Back