Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
hc1A5.jpg

Playoff Tournament

Welcome to the big show. It comes down to this. A grueling championship road of ten races starting back in February has led us to the final 16 who will go head to head for a chance at claiming the fantastic top prize of a rSeat EVO S3 Racing cockpit!

There will be stress, there will be intense scrutiny, heartbreak, glory, success and closure for all. This is what racing is all about - the Grand Prix.

awapri-1.png

Grand Champion

The results

bYz8y.png

Upload of a capture from the broadcast:

color code: pal conference | ntsc conference
follow wsgtc on: facebook | twitter

S3PaBr2-1.png

.: Playoff format :.

You can not tune the car, you must use the default settings exactly as shown. The only thing you're allowed to change is the brake balance and power level, which must be set to 87.9% in order to make the tournament regulations for the car.
*Note: Every one must buy a new car for this tournament. These figures are from a brand new car with no oil change. You must do the same in order to apply the correctly stated power limiter percentage. If you continue on to further rounds you must buy yet another car.

Round 1 - 6 laps of Nurburgring GP/D. Best of 3.
TsASY.png

Round 2 - 6 laps of Laguna Seca. Best of 3.
l6dBK.png

Final rounds - 3 laps of Suzuka. Best of 5

xLR6z.png

gt6mI.png

*All car settings must be default, exactly as shown in the car graphic above. The only setting you may change is brake balance. Any other setting changed will not allow you to go on track. Changing the power level is the only other setting that GT allows tuning prohibited cars to make, but here you must comply with the stated value of 87.9% in order to meet the power regulation.

The playoffs will be held over two weeks starting from the 14th of April.

Every one will have from the 14th of April to the deadline of the 21st of April @ Midnight PDT to submit results for classification. This will be Tournament week Round 1.

• First week
Each driver pair is free to schedule their race during any time in the first round period. They also must find one of the following stewards :
Denilson, Wardez, twistedfirework, Josh1994, Paulmac2k9, Andil, Paginas1, Biffy.

A steward must be present in the racing room for the race to be official.

All races of the tournament will be held in WSGTC Private lounges. Driver pairs are free to select whichever account's lounge to race in.

• Second week

Round 2 will go from the 21st of April till Wednesday the 25th which is the deadline (Midnight PDT -7 GMT) for result submissions.
After results are tabulated new semi-final bracket drivers will be named for the final showdown on the 28th of April. Rounds "3 and 4" (semi-finals and finals) will be held on the same track on the same day. The final four will meet on the 28th of April at 20:00 GMT for the Tournament finals in a specified WSGTC Private Lounge. The two driver pairs will race one after the other in the same room then the two remaining drivers will face off for the grand prize.

Race format:​
Each race will be a series of 20km sprints. Drivers will begin from a standing start where pole position will be randomly assigned according to pit box placement with the event settings grid order being set to "fastest first."
The driver who wins 2 out of 3 races for the first 2 rounds and 3 out of 5 races in the finals will be declared the winner and advance to the next round. Whoever starts on pole for the first race will then start second for the following race then all subsequent races will be the reverse of the initial grid positioning. This will be set by the drivers and supervising steward either by using the "reverse grid based on previous result" setting or by resetting the track and lining up manually to use the "fastest first" option for the correct gridding.

No pitting is necessary. All drivers must go on to complete the full distance of each race unless clearly told otherwise by a supervising steward. So do not simply stop running if your opponent has crashed out, continue on.

Elimination rules:​
If a driver causes a crash, or the other driver to go off, and is deemed to be at fault, he will forfeit that specific race and the other driver automatically wins. We'll need to have an available steward overseeing the race. So the driver pairs will have to come to us with their chosen race time during the week and will be assigned a steward that is able to oversee it at the time requested.

A racing incident where both drivers are mutually at fault will be called a draw, and the next race will be started - they will continue on until there's a best of three.

If a driver is able to pull a twenty second gap on the other, then he automatically wins (this must be called during the race by a steward). This "gap win" will only be acceptable if the other driver had an accident by no effort other than their own or simply lacked pace.

If a racing incident that decides the winner can not be resolved then the steward will bring a replay of the event to non-participating staff in order to make a decision to then continue on with the tournament. Standard CODE OF RACING CONDUCT rules will apply.

If a driver forfeits their playoff position before they complete their first round race, the driver next in line in the championship will take their place.

prima-1.png

supprt.png

jbq0zm.png

In association with PURE Racing Evolution ©

Last edited:
Hmm, well in the hopes that my layout is clear enough I'll suggest you have a look over the OP once more and that should answer your question 👍

Yeah well someone has to face Tony, but he has made a good mess of the seeding by only finishing 3rd in his league :lol:

Made an error with the bracketing.

It should've been Tony vs. CSL and Aliens vs. Litchi.

5BiBu.jpg

Sorry for the confusion.

I'm against Dom...ouch :scared:

EDIT: I'm finally against Alien. Ouch anyway lol

Last edited:
I'm liking my match up.Good luck all. 👍

I'm figuring it out, the numbers and order make it like work though.

The numbers are irrelevant, and therefore a distraction, being that they really have zero meaning.
Seed numbers (1-4) (2-3) would be useful.

Either putting the pal or ntsc on the top 100% of the time would be less confusing, or just putting the higher seed on top, really anything to show what's going on there.(seems to be random atm)

Not to sound grumpy, just very confusing to analyze. I'll have a drink beforehand hoping Tony DC's. :lol: JK, of course.:P

I'm figuring it out, the numbers and order make it like work though.

The numbers are irrelevant, and therefore a distraction, being that they really have zero meaning.
Seed numbers (1-4) (2-3) would be useful.

Either putting the pal or ntsc on the top 100% of the time would be less confusing, or just putting the higher seed on top, really anything to show what's going on there.(seems to be random atm)

Not to sound grumpy, just very confusing to analyze. I'll have a drink beforehand hoping Tony DC's. :lol: JK, of course.:P
Its seems to be a hybrid of the NCAA tournament and PURE.

good luck all, I'm hoping to watch some of you guys battle it out. I'm very excited even as a spectator

Tell me about it.
Do feel sorry for Josh for the last round and I do take everything back I said after Nurburgring.

CaptainFalcon89
Tell me about it.
Do feel sorry for Josh for the last round and I do take everything back I said after Nurburgring.

It was the ranting afterwards that very nearly cost you. Good luck in the tournament. 👍 I think it's GV and Cicua that may need an apology. 👍

I'm close to Tony. Me not liking this :lol:

Hope to have a fun match with Trajikone 👍

I'm close to Tony. Me not liking this :lol:

Hope to have a fun match with Trajikone 👍

Agreed, good luck! (as of now 11am here is 8pm for you)

Nice job on the post Eddie.

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
You do? Then I don't :scared:

LOL Not like it's going to be easy for me whatsoever. I'm just relived that it's anyone but tony. :dopey: and I know you're fast. 2nd in the GT300 standings in PAL :eek:

Maybe its a not good idea dropping by after all I did/said, but just wanted to say good luck to everyone on the playoffs! Nice to hear it will be broadcasted so I can watch it. :D

Back