• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,821 comments
RACE OF CHAMPIONS
November 28, 2014
9:30 PM ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, D5, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Host: @Wolfsatz (Community Lobby)

Combos (based on votes)

1- Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98 at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / SS tires

2- Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 at Apricot Hill Raceway (Reverse) (2 weeks)
--- 535HP / PP 528 / SS tires

3- BMW M5 '05 at Spa Francorchamps (1 week)
--- 525HP / 528PP / SS tires

Starting Grid:
1- @syntorz
2- @vsfit
3- @QEDXY
4- @aLmk
5- @TBongX
6- @USERID_77a23
7- @Grandpa Money
8- @gotdirt410sp
9- @Wolfsatz
10- @sprintr64
11- @nmcp1
12- @Falango
13- @msgt-sd
14- @Nicktune
15- @dgaf95integra

As of this post, here is the current list of the ButtKicker Challenge III picks. If you are a finalist, please read the instructions and terms and conditions of the contest that I have sent to you. Once I authorize you to make your numbers selections, click the 'Reply' button below and then add your GTP Username next to any numbers that are still available. Be sure that you don't make more picks than the number of picks you have earned. Once you're done making your picks, you need to delete the text above the ButtKicker logo (it looks like this: [qu0te="username, post: 1234567, member: 123456"]). After you've deleted that, hit the 'Post Reply' button down below. Please be sure that you are replying to the most current list before making your picks. Good luck! :cheers:

00 - nail-27
01 - turnupdaheat
02 - nail-27
03 - DCschwinn
04 - II-NOVA-II
05 - Skills
06 - turnupdaheat
07 - DCschwinn
08 - nmcp1
09 - CoachMK21
10 - turnupdaheat
11 - SGETI
12 - Nicktune
13 -vsfit
14 - Nicktune
15 - DCschwinn
16 - aerolite
17 - SHOCKY_WELL
18 - RacingChamp30
19 - CoachMK21
20 - SGETI
21 - nmcp1
22 - Dr_Strange
23 - pkenuelo
24 - Dgaf
25 - aerolite
26 - SHOCKY_WELL
27 - nascarfan14
28 - goofytyler
29 - ScottG
30 - SGETI
31 - Mike Lobban
32 - vsfit
33 - Skills
34 - RacingChamp30
35 - Userid_77a23
36 - RacingChamp30
37 -
38 - Mike Lobban
39 - aerolite
40 - Mike Lobban
41 -
42 - ConnorWolf
43 - Grandpa Money
44 - RacingChamp30
45 - Skills
46 - SHOCKY_WELL
47 - vsfit
48 - nascarfan14
49 - SGETI
50 - DCschwinn
51 - goofytyler
52 - Nicktune
53 - turnupdaheat
54 - Userid_77a23
55 - aerolite
56 - Dgaf
57 - GTP_Nobby
58 - nmcp1
59 - QEDXY
60 - aerolite
61 - ScottG
62 - ConnorWolf
63 - RacingChamp30
64 - ExoSphere64
65 -
66 - nascarfan14
67 -
68 - Userid_77a23
69 - QEDXY
70 - pkenuelo
71 - Dgaf
72 - Skills
73 - Grandpa Money
74 - Skills
75 - Userid_77a23
76 - goofytyler
77 - vsfit
78 - SHOCKY_WELL
79 - QEDXY
80 - DCschwinn
81 - jnmjeeper
82 - chevron
83 - msgt-sd
84 - Dgaf
85 - msgt-sd
86 - Nicktune
87 - msgt-sd
88 - nmcp1
89 - QEDXY
90 -
91 - turnupdaheat
92 -
93 - nascarfan14
94 - Nicktune
95 - Dgaf
96 - SHOCKY_WELL
97 - Mike Lobban
98 - Userid_77a23
99 - QEDXY[/QUOTE]

That's a damn nice setup you got there
Thanks....came right out of a box for 299 bucks and free shipping. Former IMSA. driver Bob Earl, who is now a great driving coach for guys like you and me driving Historic Racing Race Cars, made these using a Formula Ford Driving position as a guide. There are less than 20 or so left. Link is....below

http://www.bobearlracing.com/

Btw if you think I'm slow now...you should have seen me before I got the rig. :boggled:

Thanks....came right out of a box for 299 bucks and free shipping. Former IMSA. driver Bob Earl, who is now a great driving coach for guys like you and me driving Historic Racing Race Cars, made these using a Formula Ford Driving position as a guide. There are less than 20 or so left. Link is....below

Btw if you think I'm slow now...you should have seen me before I got the rig. :boggled:

Looks a little too upright for a ford... My setup ain't much better, and it's showing up in my driving... Thinking on using an old Vee frame for my setup, too used to working the pedals laying down!

If any of you are handy and don't mind having a rig that weighs.. a couple hundred pounds? We made my rig for about $70 worth of 2x4s and plywood. It even has a box fan and plywood duct inside of it for wheel + driver cooling! It's bulky but very stable, and it doubles as my computer desk.

(the $70 is not including the price of the seat + rails or fan we already had... but junkyard seats + rails should work about as well.)

http://imgur.com/CyzLpcB
http://imgur.com/ADuAcjA

It even has a dead pedal
http://imgur.com/OZPLXuw

Yes it fit through the door... barely! lol

RACE OF CHAMPIONS
November 28, 2014
9:30 PM ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, D5, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Host: @Wolfsatz (Community Lobby)

Combos (based on votes)

1- Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car '98 at Autodromo Nazionale Monza (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / SS tires

2- Aston Martin V12 Vantage '10 at Apricot Hill Raceway (Reverse) (2 weeks)
--- 535HP / PP 528 / SS tires

3- BMW M5 '05 at Spa Francorchamps (1 week)
--- 525HP / 528PP / SS tires

Starting Grid:
1- @syntorz
2- @vsfit
3- @QEDXY
4- @aLmk
5- @TBongX
6- @USERID_77a23
7- @Grandpa Money
8- @gotdirt410sp
9- @Wolfsatz
10- @sprintr64
11- @nmcp1
12- @Falango
13- @msgt-sd
14- @Nicktune
15- @dgaf95integra

After 3 intense races, good battles all over track and a lot of clean racing the ROC November concludes. For all those that participated congratulations for making this month's ROC and hope everyone had fun and learnt something new.

Final Point Standings with a tie breaker
Congratulations to the
'ROC November Champion @dgaf95integra '

1st. dgafaboutany1420 84.1
2nd GTP_Falango 84
3rd Nic-KL 80
4th nmcp1 78
5th msgt-sd 74
6th Wolfsatz 72
7th sprintr64 54
8th USERID_77a23 50
9th gotdirt410sp 46
10th aLmk_69 44
11th Grandpas_Money 44
12th TBongX 42
13th QEDXY 22
14th syntorz 20
15th vsfit 12

Attachments

• SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft.jpg
    SNAILSPECRACINGlightfromtheleft.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Looks like promotion for me this month, can't say I'm overly excited but I'm ready and up for the challenge. Just want to thank a lot of the guys in D5 and 6. Since my start almost a year ago these were the divisions i floated between. Many great drivers ive met over the months and what they maybe lack in speed they make up tenfold in great racecraft and comradery. Its thanks to them that drivers want to race snail everyday and improve. Not going to name names because it would take too long lol , but thanks to a great number of you for the education and all the great battles. Hope it was enough prep work for me.:lol::cheers:

D4 is great .. You will be fine , Welcome !
Having recently raced you in the Aston Apricot Hill practice room, I'm certain you'll fit right in. Echoing Grandpa, welcome!

I would love something like this or what a lot of people here have but I don't have a dedicated gaming area where it can be kept. At the moment I have this.

FWK6rOq.png
u0bZI1A.png

Yes, it's just a night table and I cut the draw parts out. I screwed in 1/2" wood on all legs horizontally as well as the two angled ones you see in the first picture. All for torsional rigidity. It really helps keep it from twisting when thrashing the wheel. For the same purpose I fortified the top by putting a 3" screw straight down into each leg. The cement bricks on top are just to help weigh it down otherwise it's too light and moves around a lot.

I normally have my coffee table here and when I play GT6 I move it to the side and pull up a low desk chair. It's not the best but it works well and gets the job done. Also, it was originally worn white paint but I put on a coat of matte black because race car.

I would love something like this or what a lot of people here have but I don't have a dedicated gaming area where it can be kept. At the moment I have this.

FWK6rOq.png
u0bZI1A.png

Yes, it's just a night table and I cut the draw parts out. I screwed in 1/2" wood on all legs horizontally as well as the two angled ones you see in the first picture. All for torsional rigidity. It really helps keep it from twisting when thrashing the wheel. For the same purpose I fortified the top by putting a 3" screw straight down into each leg. The cement bricks on top are just to help weigh it down otherwise it's too light and moves around a lot.

I normally have my coffee table here and when I play GT6 I move it to the side and pull up a low desk chair. It's not the best but it works well and gets the job done. Also, it was originally worn white paint but I put on a coat of matte black because race car.
My original was an antique end table with the drawer removed with a DFGT SCREWED TO IT! ( I could hear my mother turning over in her grave....her living room 1780s end table....a gaming table...what would the neighbors think)....then a reworked old leather office chair...on wheels....that required chocking. Table is now in the living room with a lamp on it....AGAIN.

Eventually I want something like what you have. I don't like the Playseat brand. They look like they move around too much. When I finally get my own place I will have a dedicated gaming area for this kind of stuff.

Did someone say it was time to whore pictures of their rig?!?!?! I'm in! :D

20141128_200826_01_01.JPG 20141128_200811_01_01.JPG 20141128_200901_01_01.JPG 20141128_200956_01_01.JPG
20150201_231445-jpg.304044

20150201_231408-jpg.304045

Having a proper seat has made a big difference but I think what's helped me be more consistent has been the placement of the TV. I used to sit in the rig on the floor of my living room upstairs and have to look up at the the TV. The viewing angle is way more natural now and much closer to my eyeballs! Hopefully I'll get luck tomorrow and win the ButtKicker challenge as the next evolution will be the addition of tactile. :cheers:

Last edited:

nice looking rig. Did you build this yourself ? Or did you buy it? It looks close to the DIY of ricotech plans. I am looking for a winter project and checking out all my options. I recently secured a car seat (free) from a totaled car at the local auto body shop and now need a rig.

If anyone has some plans, sketches, please post them . Who knows maybe with your help I can combine some ideas and make a frankenstine rig.

nice looking rig. Did you build this yourself ? Or did you buy it? It looks close to the DIY of ricotech plans. I am looking for a winter project and checking out all my options. I recently secured a car seat (free) from a totaled car at the local auto body shop and now need a rig.

If anyone has some plans, sketches, please post them . Who knows maybe with your help I can combine some ideas and make a frankenstine rig.
Its a modified Ricmotech that I built. It started out with the basic shape of the ricmotech but made changes as I went along. Took about 5 weeks to build, test, adjust, test, adjust and then paint. I dont have plans but I do have plenty of photos as I was building it if it helps

That's super Phat. Makes me want to design my own from scratch. Maybe I steal the passenger seat from my civic Si since it's never used. :)

Its a modified Ricmotech that I built. It started out with the basic shape of the ricmotech but made changes as I went along. Took about 5 weeks to build, test, adjust, test, adjust and then paint. I dont have plans but I do have plenty of photos as I was building it if it helps

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-spec-racing-photo-club.320337/
SNAIL [spec racing] Photo Club Wolfsatz

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/snail-spec-racing-photo-club.320337/

Pictures. Did you say pictures? Would greatly appreciate if you could photo bomb the above link . thanks

Latest Posts

Back