• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
January 25th, 2015 lineup
banners by @Rednose58

autumn-ring-jan-25-png.296769

tokyo-jan-25-png.296768

gvs-jan-25-png.296770

Last edited:
New combos are typically selected by Wednesday or Thursday via the prize selection process. Cars have a max credit requirement if 1M with a possibility of no more than 2 In a week. Basically if you have 2 million you're good to go.

After races tonight, a vote is held, the results of that vote decides what combo stays, which combo goes and which is "slightly changed". Zer0 will post sometime later tomorrow the results of the vote and that will start the process of picking new combos

I would suggest to try and keep your Cr balance above Cr 2mil. Worst case scenario is two new cars at Cr 1mil each.

SNAILData.png

The Director's Document is updated and ready for entering scores tonight.

Just a note: My Japanese cousin, Andre Toyoda has set up a hot dog stand behind the wall on turn 1. If you hit the wall, please stop by and help yourself to a hotdog while is friends fix you car for you. Just remember to tell them it is not a tuned Mitsubishi..... :lol::lol:

@zer05ive any idea of what the next cars are going to be? I just need to make sure I have the cr for them.

I would suggest to try and keep your Cr balance above Cr 2mil. Worst case scenario is two new cars at Cr 1mil each.

To expand on what RedNose said, we have a limit of 1000000 cr for cars picked, so people can manage their balance and not have to farm races for credits. I've been able to keep my balance level for my entire time in SNAIL just from doing seasonals and the small rewards you get from practice and Sunday races. Your first week is just a bit heavier since you're buying 3 cars, where everyone else is buying one or two.

ok then im good I can go run the stage x a few times and make any needed cr.
If you do the new Daytona seasonal it's worth a little under $900,000 and it's actually fun to keep redoing or the redbull races which for 1st place overall you make I think it's almost 3 mil. If you need help with set ups for either let me know I'm kicking there butts!

Last edited:

The following Time Trial events have been closed;
  • Time Trial-Combo 1, 2015-01-04
  • Time Trial-Combo 3, 2015-01-04
All times have been updated and are shown below.

All recorded event times can be found here.

TT1-2015-01-04.PNG

TT3-2015-01-04.PNG

I've noticed that a good majority of the guys that I have watched doing sub 1:40's in the Lotus are going OOB more than once a lap.
I'm certainly not going to be part of that scenario again!

Yes especially the esses coming home, got carry speed through them without cutting them...

And in other news...

Just a note: My Japanese cousin, Andre Toyoda has set up a hot dog stand behind the wall on turn 1. If you hit the wall, please stop by and help yourself to a hotdog while is friends fix you car for you. Just remember to tell them it is not a tuned Mitsubishi..... :lol::lol:

Word on the street is that Russian bookmaker Demitri Katsyebolsav will be taking bets in the stands. I would caution people because he has quite the reputation if you don't pay him back....

Great banners! They're getting better every week! The lineup post has been updated! :gtpflag:

For the next banners, what are your thoughts on removing the qualifying time (since it's now standardized) and moving the track name to the bottom (with the number of laps in parenthesis after it). I figure putting the track name and number of laps together would be a good pairing, and it might also make the top of the banner a little less congested. Thoughts?

How does this look? Dare I say "Comments from everyone are welcome"

Alternative 1:
I moved the track information to the bottom. There are still two lines at the top, but I think it looks a little better than previous. To remove the "clutter" a bit more I reduced the size of the track map and slot it in under the track logo. In this way we will have more freedom with photos. The car(s) can basically be anywhere in the picture and I can crop the photo in way to make it work. There might be opinions that it is a "Combo" and both the track and car should be clearly represented. Let's see the comments and we will go from there.
Autumn Ring Jan 25 - New Proposal.png

Alternative 2:
Same changes as above, except that the track map is as before
Autumn Ring Jan 25 - New Proposal - 2.png

Alternative 3:
Small track map and large track logo
Autumn Ring Jan 25 - New Proposal - 3.png

Alternative 1:
I moved the track information to the bottom. There are still two lines at the top, but I think it looks a little better than previous. To remove the "clutter" a bit more I reduced the size of the track map and slot it in under the track logo. In this way we will have more freedom with photos. The car(s) can basically be anywhere in the picture and I can crop the photo in way to make it work. There might be opinions that it is a "Combo" and both the track and car should be clearly represented. Let's see the comments and we will go from there.
View attachment 298061

Alternative 2:
View attachment 298060

Alternative 3:
View attachment 298063
I like 3. Is there a way to put reverse under the track name though?

Alternative 1:
View attachment 298061

Alternative 2:
View attachment 298060

Alternative 3:
View attachment 298063

I prefer Alternative #1

Back