◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,807 comments
@Die_Birdie_Die
May I change from the G-TR Nismo GT3 Base Model
To the G-TR Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13?
Same PP & HP and Turbo as the Base model.
May stick with Base if testing proves no difference.

#FF

Ferrari Friday - What Ferrari do you love and why?

I fell in love with the Ferrari 308 GTS solely from watching Magnum P.I. There are certainly more awesome Ferrari's nowadays, but this one is always near the top of my Ferrari list.

magnum-pi-1-18-ferrari-308-zz-001.jpg-45433d1297737134

@Die_Birdie_Die
May I change from the G-TR Nismo GT3 Base Model
To the G-TR Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13?
Same PP & HP and Turbo as the Base model.
May stick with Base if testing proves no difference.
I believe the that that the schultz was the one banned by snail it had different transmission specs. @CoachMK21 can you confirm please? But since it's full trans tuning I don't really see it as a problem as long as the group consonances is it's fine!

Glad @Falango you were not hurt in this accident 'cause the car looks bad...
I had a similar crash, the only and first in my life but I only was not injured due to the cage in my Opel Kadett C (260 HP for 900 kg), 4 pt BRITAX seat belts and Recaro racing seat which prevented my head to hit anything...as usual I drove to my parents house and in a right turn I've taken hundreds of times before, it was night and there was gravel on the road, as the FR driven cars do I spon too much and hit a VW Golf parked on the right side after the corner - no injures at all, pff
View attachment 300591
lol, my sister on the pic had to drive me for the next days to and fro to find a new vroom lol
good looking car before that

I believe the that that the schultz was the one banned by snail it had different transmission specs. @CoachMK21 can you confirm please? But since it's full trans tuning I don't really see it as a problem as long as the group consonances is it's fine!

The Schulze is exactly the same as the base model as is the You Tube version. It's the one named Nismo and the year that had different settings in it's stock form.

The fanetec wheels are now supported on the pc for project cars. must be a license thing going on with ps4

Quite a few of us have known that since July when the original list was posted on the Project Cars site. If you head over to the Project Cars area of GTPlanet, there is extensive discussion about what wheels are supported and many theories as to why the unsupported wheels are unsupported.

Here is a link to one such discussion: link

Ok - will run the base model, as originally planned.

Re: no logitech support on ps4, I know it sucks to find out stuff is being forcefully obsoleted, but then I feel like it's little moot when put in to a different context like: "this is BS that I can't play my NES games on my SNES, and none of my controllers work either!!!"

It's all relative, and yes it sucks, but at a certain point, time marches on...

One of the comments on the Pcars wheel list was a humerous and astute: "you don't support my wheel, so I'm not buying a PS4 or Pcars". That really is the only recourse; don't give them your money. If it can be proven to be detrimental to the core priority of making money, things could change... But it'd probably have to be a major lack of sales to make any waves.

Also, I wonder if they will be able to patch it in after launch when they arent foccused on getting the game released and can turn to other issues and opportunities...

#FF

I fell in love with the Ferrari 308 GTS solely from watching Magnum P.I. There are certainly more awesome Ferrari's nowadays, but this one is always near the top of my Ferrari list.

magnum-pi-1-18-ferrari-308-zz-001.jpg-45433d1297737134
My favorite Ferrari is the 312T, not because it's beautiful by Ferrari standards but it's the first Ferrari I ever saw on a race track. Nicki Lauda and Clay Regazzoni were driving.

Ok - will run the base model, as originally planned.
In this case such ban makes no sense. Its not a spec race with a slightly different model, its a GT race where everyone rides one of several options.
Tex, the GT-R, in this game, is by far the worst GT3 car of them all. Heavy, slippery, hard to break and understeary, definitely one not so good choice.
My personal preferences:
1-BMW Z4
2-AUDI R8
3- MERCEDES SLS
4-NISSAN GTR

You seriously need to pay attention to us and you need to look up "run on sentences."
Re: no logitech support on ps4, I know it sucks to find out stuff is being forcefully obsoleted, but then I feel like it's little moot when put in to a different context like: "this is BS that I can't play my NES games on my SNES, and none of my controllers work either!!!"

It's all relative, and yes it sucks, but at a certain point, time marches on...

One of the comments on the Pcars wheel list was a humerous and astute: "you don't support my wheel, so I'm not buying a PS4 or Pcars". That really is the only recourse; don't give them your money. If it can be proven to be detrimental to the core priority of making money, things could change... But it'd probably have to be a major lack of sales to make any waves.

Also, I wonder if they will be able to patch it in after launch when they arent foccused on getting the game released and can turn to other issues and opportunities...
I wont buy a ps4 if they don't support my wheel. and what they going to do when ps5 comes out do this again its not worth the time or money. I have supported playstation since ps1 and this is what I get there are other places to go to play racing games and they are far better than the playstation.

I wont buy a ps4 if they don't support my wheel. and what they going to do when ps5 comes out do this again its not worth the time or money. I have supported playstation since ps1 and this is what I get there are other places to go to play racing games and they are far better than the playstation.
I thought of that too. I bought my G27 three or four months ago and i'm definitely not in the mood of throwing it in the garbage yet plus, I read, not too long ago, an article in an English magazine that considers the Logitech's G27 as the best Sim racing wheel in the market still. PlayStation 4 doesn't support it? *******g bye bye. Hi there Xbox1.

I thought of that too. I bought my G27 three or four months ago and i'm definitely not in the mood of throwing it in the garbage yet plus, I read, not too long ago, an article in an English magazine that considers the Logitech's G27 as the best Sim racing wheel in the market still. PlayStation 4 doesn't support it? *******g bye bye. Hi there Xbox1.

It's interesting what you are bringing up here... I have my g27 brand new from July, so although they're completely entitled to not make a product for the next generation but then why the priced hasn't really dropped, they don't give more support but still sell them completely new? It's different when a product is obsolete and they acknowledge it and stop selling it.

So for this wheel matter, I think it's going to be my reason to step up and build my own PC... (Well yeah I know is cheaper to buy new wheel + PS4) but the PC can/will be used for many more things... and the ps4 will be mainly for GT7/8 but I rather wait and see...

So and it's not like the Xbox1 supports anything so that clearly is not an option

#FF

I like the 308 for the same reason as well but.....the F40 is my favourite cause I am old enough.....

Then your logitech will still be bye bye because it wont work there at all.

The thing about the G27 is, it was never built for consoles. It was built for PC use and the console manufacturers and game developers included support for it and the other wheel controllers intended by their manufacturers for PC use. Logitech and Sony/PD had a falling out at some point after the DFGT deal was brokered.

Buying a controller set with the same features of the G27, shifter, 3 pedal set etc., from Thrustmaster or Fanatec will cost more than a PS4 and a copy of GT7. If my G27 will not work, fully, with the PS4 and GT7, I will move on to something else.

I was lucky to have my gtpro wheel last as long as it did (almost 10years?), they could've killed it off when the PS3 came out...

I too would be PO'd if I had just bought a g27, but I waited until I had a better option and went for it once it was clear the others wouldn't be supported.

I also believe what is still out there to puchase of the logitech wheels are just inventory, not newly produced stuff, so the price should be in freefall at this point...

It's a s:censored:y situation for sure... But watch Pcars be crap on PS4 and it won't even matter, haha... Then I'll be the tosser that bought a brand new wheel and have nothing but GT6 to play...

Edit: just had a striking idea, start putting away $5 a week today. By the time GT7 comes out you should have enough to buy a PS4, GT7, a T300rs, and who knows what else!

It's interesting what you are bringing up here... I have my g27 brand new from July, so although they're completely entitled to not make a product for the next generation but then why the priced hasn't really dropped, they don't give more support but still sell them completely new? It's different when a product is obsolete and they acknowledge it and stop selling it.

So for this wheel matter, I think it's going to be my reason to step up and build my own PC... (Well yeah I know is cheaper to buy new wheel + PS4) but the PC can/will be used for many more things... and the ps4 will be mainly for GT7/8 but I rather wait and see...

So and it's not like the Xbox1 supports anything so that clearly is not an option

Then your logitech will still be bye bye because it wont work there at all.

The thing about the G27 is, it was never built for consoles. It was built for PC use and the console manufacturers and game developers included support for it and the other wheel controllers intended by their manufacturers for PC use. Logitech and Sony/PD had a falling out at some point after the DFGT deal was brokered.

Buying a controller set with the same features of the G27, shifter, 3 pedal set etc., from Thrustmaster or Fanatec will cost more than a PS4 and a copy of GT7. If my G27 will not work, fully, with the PS4 and GT7, I will move on to something else.

Your all wrong it's not playstaion or X Box that pulled the plug it's logitech them selves
By Jeffrey Matulef Published 25/01/2013

Gaming peripheral manufacturer Logitech is shuttering its development of console accessories in favour of mobile and PC doodads following a loss of $180 million dollars, the company announced in its latest financial report.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ntinue-console-peripherals-to-focus-on-mobile

Part of that 180million loss was the deal building the DFGT. Most of that loss could be no one's fault but Logitech's for building the DFGT to sub standard levels. Still, they built it in collaboration with Sony and PD and the sales didn't achieve expectations. The partnership was bailed on for specific reasons we'll likely never know.

Doesn't matter to me why. I'm not spending $500.00+ for a controller to equal the feature set of my $250.00 G27 setup. Thrustmaster's 300 doesn't cut the mustard. From what I hear, it's no better than the DFGT, in feature set or quality. The T500 will approach or exceed $500 and that's before you buy or build a stand to mount it to.

Your all wrong it's not playstaion or X Box that pulled the plug it's logitech them selves
By Jeffrey Matulef Published 25/01/2013

Gaming peripheral manufacturer Logitech is shuttering its development of console accessories in favour of mobile and PC doodads following a loss of $180 million dollars, the company announced in its latest financial report.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ntinue-console-peripherals-to-focus-on-mobile

You're wrong. The lack of support for them in future games isn't from them pulling the plug because they don't make wheels anymore. Multiple reports say it is due to a security feature, an onboard chip, that allows compatibility with the latest consoles. Wheels such as the G27 don't have that chip, thus no compatibility with the console.

Last edited:
Part of that 180million loss was the deal building the DFGT. Most of that loss could be no one's fault but Logitech's for building the DFGT to sub standard levels. Still, they built it in collaboration with Sony and PD and the sales didn't achieve expectations. The partnership was bailed on for specific reasons we'll likely never know.

Doesn't matter to me why. I'm not spending $500.00+ for a controller to equal the feature set of my $250.00 G27 setup. Thrustmaster's 300 doesn't cut the mustard. From what I hear, it's no better than the DFGT, in feature set or quality. The T500 will approach or exceed $500 and that's before you buy or build a stand to mount it to.

The only thing lacking in the t300rs (which I'm now using) are the pedals, which are still better than the DFPRO I had. I've seen a couple of reviews hailing the t300rs as the top wheel available, where's the reviews that say G27 is better and why? (Purely to see the other side of the debate)

Back