◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,815 comments
The only thing lacking in the t300rs (which I'm now using) are the pedals, which are still better than the DFPRO I had. I've seen a couple of reviews hailing the t300rs as the top wheel available, where's the reviews that say G27 is better and why? (Purely to see the other side of the debate)
The lack of an H-gate shifter and clutch pedal is enough for me to bypass the 300. I've also heard from a couple folks I trust implicitly, who own or have owned a DFGT and a G27 and have had hands on experience with the 300 that it's almost as noisy as the DFGT. I'll grant the possibility exists the wheels could have been defective in some way and needed to be sent back but, their words are enough for me to say no.

I just ordered a T300rs and I'll let you guys know what I think of it when it comes in on thursday.
What wheel are you using now, or have used?

Buttkicker coming in handy already! :D Thanks SNAIL!

20150130_204948.jpg

You're wrong. The lack of support for them in future games isn't from them pulling the plug because they don't make wheels anymore. Multiple reports say it is due to a security feature, an onboard chip, that allows compatibility with the latest consoles. Wheels such as the G27 don't have that chip, thus no compatibility with the console.

I think you're wrong on this one. While a "security chip" may exist, the fact that existing T500's without the "chip" will work on the PS4 just proves that the "chip" isn't necessary. Money from a licensing deal is necessary to make your wheel work. Further proof would be the Thrustmaster T100 being listed as compatible with Project Cars which has no "chip" and runs on the same software that the Logitech wheels run on.

You're wrong. The lack of support for them in future games isn't from them pulling the plug because they don't make wheels anymore. Multiple reports say it is due to a security feature, an onboard chip, that allows compatibility with the latest consoles. Wheels such as the G27 don't have that chip, thus no compatibility with the console.
Sony and Xbox don't make money from the wheels neither do the game developers. So if logitech basicly say gamers are cheap and tablets are where it's at! Why bother supporting logitechs old models with new games. I'm not saying I'm happy about it(I use a g27 too). But there is a solution coming according to GTP https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-g25-g27-support-on-ps4-at-november.317589/

The lack of an H-gate shifter and clutch pedal is enough for me to bypass the 300. I've also heard from a couple folks I trust implicitly, who own or have owned a DFGT and a G27 and have had hands on experience with the 300 that it's almost as noisy as the DFGT. I'll grant the possibility exists the wheels could have been defective in some way and needed to be sent back but, their words are enough for me to say no.

What wheel are you using now, or have used?
I used a Driving Force Pro for GT4, got a G27 with GT5 and been using it ever since. I recently got the GTEye brake spring for my pedals so I'm probably going to buy this [ http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm ] so I can continue to use my G27 pedals. I'll save up for a TH8 shifter later if I like the T300

Edit: Also, we custom made my rig out of plywood and 2x4s to fit the G27 pedals, so that solves another possible headache as well.

I used a Driving Force Pro for GT4, got a G27 with GT5 and been using it ever since. I recently got the GTEye brake spring for my pedals so I'm probably going to buy this [ http://www.ricmotech.com/product_p/rmt-t500w2g27p.htm ] so I can continue to use my G27 pedals. I'll save up for a TH8 shifter later if I like the T300
Get a Leo Bodnar cable for the t500. You'lol be able to use the g27 pedals. Then you just need a th8rs shifter

Get a Leo Bodnar cable for the t500. You'lol be able to use the g27 pedals. Then you just need a th8rs shifter

I was looking at those, but I like the one I posted better because it's cheaper and I don't need my pedals to be standalone USB (in fact I'd prefer to keep my second USB on the PS3 open for my flash drive or a keyboard)

Sony and Xbox don't make money from the wheels neither do the game developers. So if logitech basicly say gamers are cheap and tablets are where it's at! Why bother supporting logitechs old models with new games. I'm not saying I'm happy about it(I use a g27 too). But there is a solution coming according to GTP https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/finally-g25-g27-support-on-ps4-at-november.317589/
In my case they will. Neither Sony or PD will be getting my money if my Logitech wheel won't work with their hardware and software. The only reason I have a PS3 and Gran Turismo is because of the wheel sets Logitech sells. It was never a consideration to get either without Logitech hardware to go with it.

In my case they will. Neither Sony or PD will be getting my money if my Logitech wheel won't work with their hardware and software. The only reason I have a PS3 and Gran Turismo is because of the wheel sets Logitech sells. It was never a consideration to get either without Logitech hardware to go with it.
After reading your opinions on this matter, it's clear you and I are in complete agreement. I fell into the hobby of sim racing because I felt it was inexpensive compared to the time spent. The expense grows exponentially once my wheel is no longer relevant. I'll find something else fun to do if my G27 turns into a paper weight.

I will say though, I never anticipated how much fun sim racing would be. And that grew exponentially once I found SNAIL!.

Race of Champions
January Season
January 30, 2014
9:30 pm ET

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, D5, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

Host: @dgaf95integra (Community Private Club)
Live Stream: @brntguy

Combos (based on votes)
1- Lotus Elan S1 '62 at Autumn Ring - Reverse
--- 109HP / PP 404 / CS tires

2- RUF RGT '00 at Tokyo Route 246
--- 397 HP / PP 506 / SM tires

3- Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08 at Grand Valley Speedway
--- 333HP / PP 513 / RH tires

STARTING GRID
1- @syntorz
2- @JamCar0ne
3- @TEX36 (PSN: TEX-36)
4- @GTP_Nobby (PSN: nobbymcnobberson)
5- @WIDEeyedDRIVR (PSN: WIDEeyedDRIVER)
6- @chevron
7- @IceManFan_7 (PSN: drb1269247)
8- @Lessen (PSN: Lessenjr)
9- @serge19 (PSN: serge_1919
10- @GTP_Vertigo (PSN: GTP_Vert)
11- @gtr3123
12- @Ricky Wilson (PSN: AcidTestKids)
13- @fizzer (PSN: fizzer82)
14- @msgt-sd
15- @dgaf95integra (PSN: dgafaboutany1420)

Live Stream can be found at: http://www.twitch.tv/snailgt6leagueracing

Race of Champions
Live Stream can be found at: http://www.twitch.tv/snailgt6leagueracing

I tried to watch the Twitch, but the audio was ... a bunch of stuff that I was unwilling to play on the speakers since I had kids in the next room. I was in the Army, I understand that some folks use profanity frequently. Doesn't bother me in an of itself.

IMHO, folks who can't talk without adding some of Carlin's faves in each and every sentence probably indicates that the speaker lacks the sufficient vocabulary to express ideas coherently without using the assistance of profanity. YMMV.

I tried to watch the Twitch, but the audio was ... a bunch of stuff that I was unwilling to play on the speakers since I had kids in the next room. I was in the Army, I understand that some folks use profanity frequently. Doesn't bother me in an of itself.

IMHO, folks who can't talk without adding some of Carlin's faves in each and every sentence probably indicates that the speaker lacks the sufficient vocabulary to express ideas coherently without using the assistance of profanity. YMMV.
I shut it off after 5 straight minutes of it.

I think you're wrong on this one. While a "security chip" may exist, the fact that existing T500's without the "chip" will work on the PS4 just proves that the "chip" isn't necessary. Money from a licensing deal is necessary to make your wheel work. Further proof would be the Thrustmaster T100 being listed as compatible with Project Cars which has no "chip" and runs on the same software that the Logitech wheels run on.

I wasn't aware those wheels don't have this so called chip. I wonder if it's just some fabricated story to get out the back door. The fix to get G25/G27 working on PS4 doesn't seem like it will satisfy me, so when it comes time to, I may just sell my G27 to help fund a new wheel. I'll check out that road when it comes time to buy a PS4. Until then, I may check out Project Cars on PC. I'm still very undecided though.

If the wheel cannot be transferred over to the PS4, then GT6 will be the end of gaming for me. No way I'm paying hundreds of dollars for new stuff, when I can easily put that money aside for an entry fee so I can race for real.

I was looking at those, but I like the one I posted better because it's cheaper and I don't need my pedals to be standalone USB (in fact I'd prefer to keep my second USB on the PS3 open for my flash drive or a keyboard)

I use a powered USB hub. It has my headset, T300, Pedals, along with a usb keyboard and jump drive plugged in at all times.

If the wheel cannot be transferred over to the PS4, then GT6 will be the end of gaming for me. No way I'm paying hundreds of dollars for new stuff, when I can easily put that money aside for an entry fee so I can race for real.
Some other secondary company will find a solution there are reports on the net of people all ready doin it even through the gtp website.

Yes but since logitech is getting away from gaming, PC developers will do the same thing sony did and not support the wheel. There will be secondary companies who make the patches for a price of course but your still in the same spot.

snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Jan 25 2015
Penalty Rate 74%
Banner by GamingPete

SNOLR Quote for the Week:
01: SNAIL OLR General Rules:
O:You must not use any cheats or bugs in the game. The use of cheats or bugs affecting the cars performance is forbidden.
P:The use of external cheats is forbidden.
-Special note concerning the use of the known pause button glitch: If it's determined by the reviewing stewards a driver has used the pause game cheat, or any other cheat, the penalty is a flat Level 5 18 points and will trigger a vote which will be at the Stewards discretion as to whether it's LCL, Suspend or Ban. Should a driver be discovered to use this, or any other cheat in the game, multiple times in one race, the penalty will be scored at 18 points for each occurrence and voting will be done accordingly.

Below are the results of the 23 incidents the stewards reviewed.
The prize winners have changed and are now clear to make their selections.

Prize A - @cmbeal317
Prize B - @GTD_druid
Prize C - @serge19

Please see this post for instructions on how to select your prize.

Division 2 - 2 incidents on file
proper_t11
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. 5 weeks probation remain.

Division 3 - 4 incidents on file
Grandpas_Money
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points and 3 weeks probation.
pakicote
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation. Halved back to 9 for On Track Concession. 4 weeks probation remain.
Rednose58
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 5 weeks probation remain.
FloptaStr8
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. Halved back to 4 for On Track Concession. 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 4 - 12 incidents on file
Lessenjr
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • 14 points total and 6 weeks probation.

Schmiggz
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points doubled to 4 for probation violation. Halved back to 2 for On Track Concession.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points doubled to 10 for probation violation.
  • 26 points total 6 weeks probation remain.
GOTDIRT410sp
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 3 weeks probation remain.
SolidSnake7735
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 36 points doubled to 72 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 5 - 1 incident on file
BNC610
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 12 points halved to 6 for on-track concession and 3 weeks probation.

Division 6 - 3 incidents on file
aLmk_69
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for self report and 3 weeks probation.
Die_Birdy_Die
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. Halved back to 6 for self report. 5 weeks probation remain.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, Nail-27, USERID_77a23 and vsfit for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

9 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back