FINALLY: G25/G27 support on PS4 at November!

• Thread starter GardenAll
  • 90 comments
Luiz_Stocco
...but not as you imaginated.

First, I will tell the whole novel, and who knows about it can skip this part:
- Sony announced even before the PS4 launch that it would not support the current generation of steering wheels;
- PS4 was released and Logitech weels didn't work, as espected;
- Logitech said he was working in support;
~ silence ~
- Logitech said it was still working on it;
- Sony jumped off, saying that he had given the development kit for Logitech and it only relied on Logitech;
- Logitech invented a story about a PS4 peripheral needed a chip to function (read it as "jumped out the story")
~ silence ~

Anyway, I, as a owner of G27, turned the internet upside down, caught twitter and emails and began to demonize the guys, and behold...

The solution came from somewhere else!

Is there a converter device called Maxrace F1 that focuses on creating compatibility between various steering wheels, formerly with Xbox360, now with the XONE, and so...

3hp3Z77.png

http://i.imgur.com/3hp3Z77.png

Yes, at November, this gadget will be released and with support PS4. This means that not only the Logitech steering wheels, but possibly most current wheels will be supported. Most likely, there will also be support the control of XONE, since otherwise already happens in current version of the product.

Ironically, the same day the Logitech answered my educated twittes:

VRdnU4o.png

http://i.imgur.com/VRdnU4o.png

So, we have an unofficial support already announced, and the novel has a new chapter, with the Logitech (apparently) chasing.

I hope you guys like this good news!

PS: I recommend TO NOT BUY THE CURRENT VERSION OF MAXRACE, 'cause there is a possibly that a revised hardware version will be launched, with support to PS4.
PS2: The gadget costs between 100-200 dollars, take a look on eBay
PS3: And please, forget about my jungle english, I'm still learning it....

...but not as you imaginated.

First, I will tell the whole novel, and who knows about it can skip this part:
- Sony announced even before the PS4 launch that it would not support the current generation of steering wheels;
- PS4 was released and Logitech weels didn't work, as espected;
- Logitech said he was working in support;
~ silence ~
- Logitech said it was still working on it;
- Sony jumped off, saying that he had given the development kit for Logitech and it only relied on Logitech;
- Logitech invented a story about a PS4 peripheral needed a chip to function (read it as "jumped out the story")
~ silence ~

Anyway, I, as a owner of G27, turned the internet upside down, caught twitter and emails and began to demonize the guys, and behold...

The solution came from somewhere else!

Is there a converter device called Maxrace F1 that focuses on creating compatibility between various steering wheels, formerly with Xbox360, now with the XONE, and so...

3hp3Z77.png

http://i.imgur.com/3hp3Z77.png

Yes, at November, this gadget will be released and with support PS4. This means that not only the Logitech steering wheels, but possibly most current wheels will be supported. Most likely, there will also be support the control of XONE, since otherwise already happens in current version of the product.

Ironically, the same day the Logitech answered my educated twittes:

VRdnU4o.png

http://i.imgur.com/VRdnU4o.png

So, we have an unofficial support already announced, and the novel has a new chapter, with the Logitech (apparently) chasing.

I hope you guys like this good news!

PS: I recommend TO NOT BUY THE CURRENT VERSION OF MAXRACE, 'cause there is a possibly that a revised hardware version will be launched, with support to PS4.
PS2: The gadget costs between 100-200 dollars, take a look on eBay
PS3: And please, forget about my jungle english, I'm still learning it....
False economy to buy a device for that price to get your old outdated wheel supported. Best off buying a newer, better, wheel.

G27 is good,but definitely not the best.But on the same token,if it saves people money on the purchase of a new wheel.Me personally,i'll just upgrade.

this workarounds always delivered poor performance in game, with options not working and a crap force feedback. I friend had a similar device to make logitech work on xbox and sucked. However thanks for the news.

Similar devices for the X360 tended to deliver only steering input but no FFB. Until this has been really tested inside real games and shown to offer real FFB it's just an object of idle discussion. :)

@Blue028 It is outdated though, even by pure definition. It doesn't work on the new systems which means it's outdated. Even in technical terms, being gear driven its noisy, not smooth, weak, the FFB detail in the newer wheels is a lot better as is the strength and smoothness. Also, compared to the modern wheels the quality feels light, cheap. They may have been good in their day - I enjoyed my G25 for years - but yes, they are outdated.

Product feature:
● All G27, G25,MOMO,and GT racing wheel works on Xbox one™ racing games.
● Supports the G25,G27 Clutch function.
● Compatible with 2 types of gear shift, manual gear shift and automatic transmission gear
shift
● Support Force Feedback function
● Enables Rapid Fire on Wired PS 3™/Xbox 360™/Xbox one™ (connect with charge cable)
controllers when connected to your Xbox one™ console .
● More sensitive and accurate
● Plug and play.

Source: http://maxbuy.cc/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/MaxRace-F-1-v4-English.pdf

Seens like FFB works, too...

And seens that it works on games without racing wheel support...

Product feature:
● All G27, G25,MOMO,and GT racing wheel works on Xbox one™ racing games.
● Supports the G25,G27 Clutch function.
● Compatible with 2 types of gear shift, manual gear shift and automatic transmission gear
shift
● Support Force Feedback function
● Enables Rapid Fire on Wired PS 3™/Xbox 360™/Xbox one™ (connect with charge cable)
controllers when connected to your Xbox one™ console .
● More sensitive and accurate
● Plug and play.

Source: http://maxbuy.cc/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/MaxRace-F-1-v4-English.pdf

Seens like FFB works, too...

And seens that it works on games without racing wheel support...
When they say force feedback it might simply be converting controller rumble into vibration of the G27 motor.

@Blue028 It is outdated though, even by pure definition. It doesn't work on the new systems which means it's outdated. Even in technical terms, being gear driven its noisy, not smooth, weak, the FFB detail in the newer wheels is a lot better as is the strength and smoothness. Also, compared to the modern wheels the quality feels light, cheap. They may have been good in their day - I enjoyed my G25 for years - but yes, they are outdated.

they dont work because the console manufacturers chose it that way, not because of some harware limmitation of the wheel, heck most wheels dont work on the new consoles it deosnt mean they are outdated. we are in a time were corporations will change something that deonst need to be in order to make consumers upgrade and buy new products

I sure would like to know how this thing will produce FFB for games that don't support wheels? If the devs didn't write FFB code where is this thing getting its FFB info from?
As others have stated, it may reproduce some rumble pad effects, but this is no FFB solution.

100 to 200 dollars for a third party device that might make a 200 dollar wheel compatible with the PS4?

Wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Last edited:
yes, a similar device on xbox360 for ex reproduced some rumble pad effects, not much more and was crap, you can't even steer problem neither make any kind of adjustements as the game didn't support it.

I would advice to keep away from this kind of stuff.

they dont work because the console manufacturers chose it that way, not because of some harware limmitation of the wheel, heck most wheels dont work on the new consoles it deosnt mean they are outdated. we are in a time were corporations will change something that deonst need to be in order to make consumers upgrade and buy new products
Regardless of the reason, even if it is a fairly competent wheel (which it is) because it is no longer supported my "outdated" description still fits. Let's be honest here, the feedback and performance you will get from something like a T300RS is leaps and bounds over the G25/27, so I don't see the value in spending $100-200 on an adapter to make the older, less impressive wheel work when you could sell it, and buy a new wheel which is fully supported and feels a lot better anyway. Corporate greed does suck, yes, but sometimes it's worth it. Just my 2c.

I do feel for those who have built their rigs around the Logitech wheel, but it's not like better products were never going to be released.

Not right to compare it to the Xbox adapter, because Microsoft used the XID protocol instead of HID. I imagine it would be much more feasible to unlock the ffb that a PS4's software is putting out.

That said, when there's an upward trajectory, obsolescence can be useful in bankrolling new and better products. We need people to buy T300 wheels so that there might eventually be a T1000, or whatever. The jump from a non-ffb wheel to a G27 is huge, but as nice as it is, the jump from a G27 to a T300 is not going to be quite as pronounced. If the T300 doesn't sell well enough, we may end up with a downward trajectory, which then repeats on itself because people hang on to their older (and better) products rather than buying the newer (and worse) products.

It's like where tv display tech is at. So many people bought in to lcd and plasma because it included the jump from sd to hd, for the most part (there are sd flat panels and hd crts). Now we've got oled trying to make an impact, but in most people's eyes there's no reason to change. Make it impossible to watch new movies on non-oled displays and suddenly the tech gets a massive life-saving boost.

Anyway, for so many reasons - just buy a damn T300!!!

Last edited:
Not right to compare it to the Xbox adapter, because Microsoft used the XID protocol instead of HID. I imagine it would be much more feasible to unlock the ffb that a PS4's software is putting out.

That said, when there's an upward trajectory, obsolescence can useful in bankrolling new and better products. We need people to buy T300 wheels so that there might eventually be a T1000, or whatever. The jump from a non-ffb wheel to a G27 is huge, but as nice as it is, the jump from a G27 to a T300 is not going to be quite as pronounced. If the T300 doesn't sell well enough, we may end up with a downward trajectory, which then repeats on itself because people hang on to their older (and better) products rather than buying the newer (and worse) products.

It's like where tv display tech is at. So many people bought in to lcd and plasma because it included the jump from sd to hd, for the most part (there are sd flat panels and hd crts). Now we've got oled trying to make an impact, but in most people's eyes there's no reason to change. Make it impossible to watch new movies on non-oled displays and suddenly the tech gets a massive life-saving boost.

Anyway, for so many reasons - just buy a damn T300!!!
Well said!

Just thinking about how different the PC drivers from Thrustmaster and Logitech are... I don't share your optimism that FFB tuned for TM wheels will give a good result on Logitech wheels even if someone manages to put together a HID command relay for the PS4. But we'll see :)

Regardless of the reason, even if it is a fairly competent wheel (which it is) because it is no longer supported my "outdated" description still fits. Let's be honest here, the feedback and performance you will get from something like a T300RS is leaps and bounds over the G25/27, so I don't see the value in spending $100-200 on an adapter to make the older, less impressive wheel work when you could sell it, and buy a new wheel which is fully supported and feels a lot better anyway. Corporate greed does suck, yes, but sometimes it's worth it. Just my 2c.

I do feel for those who have built their rigs around the Logitech wheel, but it's not like better products were never going to be released.

Is the feedback of the T300 actually better than that of a G27? I got my logitech wheel for over 300 euro IIRC, and this is for around 100-200 it seems. If it is, then good, but the pedals look like plastic and there's an ugly PS button in the middle and those cheap buttons on the T300. I'm not trying to be nitty-picky here, I'm saying that the G27 must still be the better wheel overall.

It's very frustrating for me. I got my G27 last February, and for it to be incompatible, or not as good on the Ps4 is quite annoying. It's a great wheel, and I've gotten real used to it (and it has some good memories!). I don't fancy downgrading to a cheaper wheel, and spending even more money. I presume the demand for this wheel is gone way down. Just very annoying, I'm going to curl up and buy Fifa... Lol

Is the feedback of the T300 actually better than that of a G27? I got my logitech wheel for over 300 euro IIRC, and this is for around 100-200 it seems. If it is, then good, but the pedals look like plastic and there's an ugly PS button in the middle and those cheap buttons on the T300. I'm not trying to be nitty-picky here, I'm saying that the G27 must still be the better wheel overall.

It's very frustrating for me. I got my G27 last February, and for it to be incompatible, or not as good on the Ps4 is quite annoying. It's a great wheel, and I've gotten real used to it (and it has some good memories!). I don't fancy downgrading to a cheaper wheel, and spending even more money. I presume the demand for this wheel is gone way down. Just very annoying, I'm going to curl up and buy Fifa... Lol

The T300RS is 369.99 Euro I believe. I would put the pedals on par with the DFGT, which are only slightly worse than the G27 pedals since there is no progression. I bet the G27 can't hold a candle to the T300RS in performance across the board, and I hated having to look down and away from the screen to navigate and press buttons, I much prefer them on the rim where it's faster and easier access. But to each his own :)

Jerome

I'm not gonna shoot it down without seeing how it works. So come November i'll be paying attention.
Secretly i still hope someone will "crack the code" and make Logi/Fanatec wheels work on next gen (FFB included).

I'd still prefer to shelve out 100-200 bucks for an adapter or converter that works, than falling for the consumer scheme MS and Sony try to pull on us...

Only two questionable comments on Amazon. Anyone tried it should really share their experience. Thought this is illegal though on XB1.

Another thread mentioned this WILL NOT provide FFB on XB1 which until they ensure FFB as good as native wheels, it's really not worth spending money on. You might as well sell your wheel to fund a new set of wheel.

Got my g27 in January namely because it fit my budget under $300 ($250) and it worked on the ps3 for gt6. By having to spend another $100+ to work on a ps4 I don't have, gives me all the reason not to want to drop the $400 on one. Maybe when my beloved g27 dies, I will upgrade to something else that fits my budget at that time. But I don't forsee that in the near future.

Videos on YouTube showed huge lag on steering with this device.. great idea but seems like joke if you want to enjoy driving.

they are working on forceback and lag issues and are confident they will sort it..titan are well on the case from what they have said

Interesting that Logitech are working on a solution, if they have something simillar in mind, I'd rather buy from then even if it is more expensive. I have to say these things are looking promising.

Back