1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,427 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
So guys...
$_57.JPG

This is a thing. Really. I didn't think they'd bring back the ACR!

No Minichamps either.... *yawn* j/k

Wait until I get into AutoART.

edit: Okay. Seriously need to dish out photos.

Jeep Hurricane Concept

2007 Superfast

2006 MBX Metal

2006 Pre-Toy Fair

Got them all recently, and that's probably all I'm ever going to get.​

Last edited:
Since I have just one TLV on preorder from AmiAmi for the month of November, I decided to backorder these cabs to go along with it(keeping my fingers crossed):

p5.jpg

p6.jpg

64039.jpg

64039b.jpg

@RCKakashi14 would understand this. These little models, they are on the money. Having said that, I was ordering just two, and I had to really really fight to put this off for another day:

64037.jpg

You are probably going "WTF - Why would anyone ever order that!?". That ugly cab belongs to Hanshin Taxi, affiliated with my favorite baseball team of all-time, Hanshin Tigers. Hurts to turn your back on your team, but man, just look at the thing. Stripes' one of their official looks, but personally, I'd have gone black & yellow, like they did with this race bike:

entry_751_block_image_include1_2.jpg

I can't get over how fugly that cab is. :crazy:

Da Yabbers

I like that they even included all those little window stickers.
I like lazy posts.

I do too. Saves us time for other things.

If it weren't for homework, I'd have finished snapping pics of all the other Kyoshos I own in their boxes to my left. A stacked pile has started about 3 weeks ago and I only cleared up half.

I just got lucky(if you can call it that) on a unpaid eBay auction, similar to the ones that @R1600Turbo runs into every now & then. I sold this RLC Beetle on October 20th. My listing states that I ask them to pay within five days. After several invoices sent + non-paying bidder alert, he just sent me a payment. One week late, zero communication from the buyer, but I'll take it. :lol:
Fugly is definitely the right word to describe that abomination. The other two look the goods though. 👍
I just hope AmiAmi comes thru. Their backorder success rate's been somewhat hit & miss lately, at least for me. I am pretty demanding...... Very old items. lol

Speaking of fugly(pay attention @Cano)I was just about to ask you if you had any of those TLV vans on a preorder, and if you had tacked on anything else to go with it? I just remembered this(it's been added to my order now).

Edit: I'm losing my mind, I thought I posted a reply to this, but I don't see it:
:lol: You big bully you. :P
That would be our Drag Bus fan #1.
Edit: Back ordered this yesterday afternoon. (funny it was listed as sold out that morning :crazy:) Went for that one over the Bay side motors one because I like the colours better, got sort of a retro look to it and it's more or less exactly the same diorama anyway. Hopefully it comes through.
They update sold out/backorder status from time to time. When I was going back-and-forth on that gigantic TLV Transporter, it was changing from sold out to backorder, all the time. I wish you luck with the backorder on your Tomicarama set. These dioramas don't seem to be as in demand as some of the vehicles themselves, so I think you'll be OK. I'm 100% sure that you'll be happy with the product itself. 👍

Last edited:
Speaking of fugly(pay attention @Cano)I was just about to ask you if you had any of those TLV vans on a preorder, and if you had tacked on anything else to go with it? I just remembered this(it's been added to my order now).

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Do need something to add to the Townace van order this month. Thinking about adding that BRZ and a Red Viper too. Would have liked the Black Viper but it's sold out. Oh well.
I'm 100% sure that you'll be happy with the product itself. 👍

Oh, I'm sure I will. Thanks a6. 👍

Okay the last Minichamps. I swear. Got a tide of valuable cars coming in next time.

2010 - 300km Nurburgrunge 1976 - "Valvoline" Eberhard Sindel.

notice the clear plastic to make the front lamps aren't the same? I think that's an error.

No can do, Apu.

Last time I bought an error from someone, it showed up perfectly fine.

Last edited:
Damn that's cute. I don't have a old 500 in my collection.
Here's the one Daniel posted. It's even cooler from the back.

On the downside, it's about $5.50 for the car, plus I'd wager another $5 for the shipping from Japan. You can also get them on eBay(no idea how much now). Search 'Lupin' 'Tomica' 'Fiat', it should come up. 👍
Last time I bought an error from someone, it showed up perfectly fine.
:lol:👍

How about this guy?

Damnit Shinji! Totally forgot about the 500 :dunce: and just when I had thought I'd made my mind up too. Decisions, decisions....Edit: Screw it, I can snag both colours of the Viper off Ebay some other time. BRZ and 500 it is.

Last edited:
Tomica Lemons..... :cool:

I just sold that Raybrig last monday.

Also, you almost got me on that Lupin Fiat, Shinji. Almost.

I think Andy has the Kyosho R382? It never really interested me, as I didn't realize its historical significance before, and I always preferred the Toyota 7 & Porshce 917K anyway. After reading this from the article:

"Japan’s most powerful engine of the time, and its first V12, still inspires awe."

I decided to order the Kyosho as well, but afterwards, I wasn't convinced that by "its first V12", if he was referring to Japan, or Nissan, so I decided to google it? Nothing. You'd think he means "Japan", but looks like I have more digging to do to get the official answer. :grumpy:

Edit: Never mind. This older race car already had the V-12, so by 'its', author's talking about Nissan.

datafiles-honda-honda-ra272-65_425_283_29853.jpg

P.S. Sorry, no idea who makes the 1/43.

Last edited:
P.S. Sorry, no idea who makes the 1/43.
I'm not looking for the 1:43 cars, I was just wondering if those were. But I posted that while on my phone, so now that I'm on a computer I see that they are most likely not 1:64 scale, too much detail. Sucky.

I'm not looking for the 1:43 cars, I was just wondering if those were. But I posted that while on my phone, so now that I'm on a computer I see that they are most likely not 1:64 scale, too much detail. Sucky.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Really well detailed, even for 1/43.

Last edited:
.................Did i really just spend that much money on ami ami?????...????...

Looks at shipment order total. Dies.

Back